Alright Veeky Forums

alright Veeky Forums
redpill me how can the guys in show afford their cars?

>picrelated has antilag
which means he will have to rebuild his durbo and exhausts every few thousand miles

>explain

>how can the guys in show afford their cars?
they don't. they spend every penny they have on their cars.

i would put me and my family in the poor house over this degenerate hobby if i let it consume me.

They don't, the writer just gives characters whatever cars/mods are convenient and just rolls with it.

>Brap Bois have daddy Doctor money
>eyeliner is defiantly a drug dealer
>DABBLECRASHU drives a fucking Civic
>Kenta drives a cheap low-spec S14
>Tfwngf drives an old S13 and lives with parents
It's pretty clear

who the fuck is eyeliner? Nakazato?

Yes, because he has eyeliner on

but what hits at, him selling drugs?

I assume the antilag was set up on a toggle, only on for racing. IIRC street racing at the time was viewed more as a grown men's hobby in Japan due to the expense, it can be assumed most came from money or had decent jobs. I think Nakazato had a job in tech or finances considering he had the latest and greatest.

Idk about that, I'm not I doubt selling drugs as Japs don't do a lot of drugs

>main theme is about drug dealing
>no apparent source of income
>shit racer, yet very respected
>thousand dollar damages to his GTR are nothing to be worried about to him
There's no other explaination

WWII got them hooked on amphetamines and it never fully went away.

>picrelated
i need a fucking answer Veeky Forums ?

>comfortably affords 4 GTRs
Fuck if I know, good pension?

the biggest mystery by far is why that s13 guy did not show up to plow the hottest girl in the show !

>back on the rocks
Sides blasted. Sir you are my favorite person of the day.

probably workin accountant, lawyer or something in a high pay field similar to god hand since they both seem well off

Just like Americans didn't drink during the prohibition

srsly thou, nakazato is easily the sketchiest fucker in the entire series
with the lan evo jerks you atleast know they dont shy away from crime and rigging to get what they want, but he genuinely is a mystery since he doesnt cheat

Or why dagumi didn't get with her friend

>DABBLECRASHU drives a fucking Civic
insurance fraud

I'm mind blown

well what about the rin hojo? he drives a 600 horse power rb26 and smashes ppl into guardrails

Motherfucker's trying to die, I bet he sold his house and lives in that goddamn car.

nakazato is very well respected. but idk he kinda strikes me as a guy with decent job. emperor douchebags kinda look like they sell drugs

God Foot striked me as either a lawyer or a Doctor, either way, he has a real job and driving is just a hobby he never grew out of

Brat bois only leach off daddy at the firest stages
Kyosuke is already a doctor near the end of the series

its implied he had a racing background which even influenced ryosuke's own passion
he probably gave up everything he had after kaori died, and i think he actually drives an s-tune anyway which he probably kept, maintained and tuned from his prior racing lcareer over constant modifications of a generic 32 gtr

The Hojos are implied to come from money, though it's never stated what.

Nobody mentions the "tofu" Bunta makes? There's no way a tofu shop gives enough income to source and swap a race engine into 86 and just buy a flippin' 22B when there are 350Zs around and thus the subie is super collectible already. Tofu shop is just a coverup for some shady yakuza shit. Dagumi likely delivered drugs through his entire childhood.

That looks really comfy

Intial D is a bad series with both a poor plot and a poor understanding of cars beyond brand naming

>blowing apex seals in an impreza

No. But drugs there are as illegal as in Europe for example but Japs just do less drugs.

Truly an inspiration

what if the water in the cup has LSD in it

>how can the guys in show afford their cars?

Are you motherfuckers retarded? It says right in the show; they're all single.

>>blowing apex seals in an impreza
What the fuck are you talking about you sperg?

this, but unlike Veeky Forums, they have jobs

of course, Kenta is a NEET, but I will assume his S13 is a handmedown from his parents

They don't tell Kenta's backround. IKETANI's S13 would easily be affordable with his gas station JOB.

He wears a polo, that's the obvious cue in Initial D that he has a job.

>Tfwngf drives an old S13 and lives with parents
Iketani's S13 is only a couple years old at most, plus it's a top-spec K's model.

Internal Deaf takes place around 1996-1998, the Silvia is easily almost 10 years old at that point.

you do know the s13 was produced until 1994 right?

From 1988 to '94. It would be easier to pinpoint Itchytommy's model year if it said his engine displacement.