Just blew a head gasket in my BMW. Since I'm poor, I can't repair it. Feels like I'm gonna kill myself...

Just blew a head gasket in my BMW. Since I'm poor, I can't repair it. Feels like I'm gonna kill myself, really liked that car. How's your day been going lads?

Can’t afford to fix either of my cars and my former bank is extorting me for money.

Care to go in more detail about the cars and maybe the bank situation?

If you want to know, my thermostat failed closed. Radiator blew off a corner of itself. Been running my car for like 300 meters before coming to a stop. Car didn't sound the same. When I looked back, there was a trail of coolant and maybe oil. Under the car itself was a pool of my hopes and dreams.

Just enjoying my fully functional car

Going great. Absolutely buzzing after I took my Lamborghini for a spin

why do people buy cars they can't afford?

Got a bit scared earlier entered a roundabout with my shitbox fiesta and turned a bit too sharp while braking and the car momentarily slid off maybe a meter or two, it was empty but made me realize how dangerous my hooning sometimes is when I go to the mountain roads

My aircon's fan stopped working today and I noticed radiator's fan isn't either, didn't notice the latter until I got back home.

I hope shit won't blow. No money for repair either.

Because we want to enjoy nice things too, even if they don't last. It was just a 2k e46. Ive only driven old shitty volkswagens, thought I will save up and buy a nice car. It was really nice while it ran. Right now thinking of continuing my country's tradition or getting back to shitty vws

You bought a $2k car and didn't even budget ~$3-400 in case something happened to it?

I did. I've fixed it's suspension, bushings were wearing down. Changed all the fluids. Put new filters and all that basic maintenance and preventive stuff. But I didn't do the cooling system overhaul because I just didn't think it would collapse so soon. What's the most crushing is all the work I did was by myself because I tried and saved each and every euro.

Well i’m from Pittsburgh and so is my one car, it’s 16 years old and the subframe is rotted to shit. It’s held together by 2x4s at the moment. The fuel pump is starting to go as well. My other car needs a new transmission, but i can barely afford gas anyway. My bank doesn’t exist here in dallas so they’re trying to get me to pay like 500 in overdraft fees over a 3 dollar charge that they neglected to contact me about. I just moved to texas and i gave them my new address yet failed to contact me by mail, email, or phone. I have a feeling that they are doing this because i’m 19 so i can’t actually do much about it. I’m the guy from the other thread with the cavalier and crown vic.

Aren't you a bit over-reaching with having 2 cars at such an age, or do you share them between your parents. And the bank situation while not that horrible, still looks bad. Don't you have anyone to help you sort it out? I hope you do find a solution!

A little bit yeah, but the amount of money i used to buy the cars put together is about $700. I’m working on figuring this all out. My family isn’t all that helpful, they’re kind of a bunch of assholes, which is part of the reason i moved so far away.

Was thinking to buy this car for my last money.

Thanks OP, I changed my mind. I'll better save up some money for repairs first.

I hope you take care of your cooling system sooner than latter. You don't want a non-functioning car I assume. I sure don't!

Wish I was too.
You better. My car had random errors come on, lights would go out before they should. Just a headache to deal with. But it was great car! I liked how it handled, was a treat. I don't want to say venta or golf handle bad, it's just not on the same level.

>e46

You knew it was going to happen

>riding out in the desert with my jeep cherokee
>hit a rock and now my car makes a strange noise
guess my situations not as bad as ops but i just got the check engine light to turn off

Buy dirt cheap crapmobile to get to work until you can save money to fix it. Don't give up on your dreams!

Why would you buy a BMW if you are poor?

>buy a $20
>fit it without a shaving the head
>hope it's not warped
Good luck

What? Head gaskets are like $10

Are you implying you would have had a shop fix it and not you?

9.5 times out of 10 a head gasket goes due to another issue. Unless you have access to a machine shop, changing it yourself will be a waste of time.

>something goes wrong
>first reaction is to talk about killing self

You have problems brah, let it go, let it all go.

Fixing Subaru brakes

Hating every minute of it

>he didnt read the sticky

atleast you probably still have a job

>be me
>get sick af
>get infection in lungs
>run out of sick days
>have to file for leave of abscence
>probably wont be accepted
>RIP JOB

Reply to their letters offering some sort of mitigation like:
>I can't afford $500 so how about I pay the original $3 back + a $20 overdraw fee + interest since whenever it was = (not all that much)
Or even just offer to pay back the original $3 or make up any old shit.

The point is to:
>A - reply to their letter so they have to get someone to actually read it and reply back
>B - begin the negotiation with said person
Once you do that it's not likely the bank will put too much effort in to chasing what is to them pocket change over made up fees and charges.

>Subframe held together by 2x4's

Please tell me you have a pic of this.

i deposited a check for fou thousand five hundred dollary doo diddles in my bank account and am prepairing to buy blizzaks megane front upper control arms and a throttle position sensor for my sc400 my passenger side door handle linkage broke today too....

doooo it

wonderful car, just replace the cooling system if it hasnt been replaced already. costsl ike $400 if you do it yourself

Dying tripfags might be the best thing that happened to this board.