teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil AHUE): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AVlhyKViR80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ofifical TF2 crutch list:
Gunboats
Mad Milk
Spycicle
Dead Ringer
Darwin's Danger Shield
Rescue Ranger
Iron Bomber
Anything demoknight
Loch n Load
The entire pyro class
Machina
Black Box/Concheror
New Mantreads
Base Jumper
Diamondback
Frontier Justice

scrumpeh

dead ringer deserved it

Official list of Crutch Maps in TF2:
2fort
Gold Rush/Hoodoo
Dustbowl
Badwater

Crutch map list is very much still a WIP, needs more thought.

You can change one weapon to remove all nerfs/buffs and return it to it's original implementation. Which is it?
>Soda Popper

@182166113
bait do not respond

why do you still play this old busted game when there's way better class-based shooters out there like paladins and overwatch?

stockholm syndrome? autism?

loch

Sandman

powerjack
get 75 overheal with afterburn kills

Release powerjack was the best melee weapon in the game.

>+25% damage
>+75 HP on kill
>Afterburn/projectile kills count as long as you're holding it

shahanshah

Sure, I'll just topfrag as another class then. My pub experience won't change. C&D is more fun anyways.

>One of the few weapons that has never been touched
???

It's fun and fast enough for me to enjoy. No class like spy exist in other games.

Official TF2 Crutch List:
everything that kills me and that I don't use

yes

>spy player

so autism

Last dmix went great and we played 3 games and it was really fun!

>Oh shit, is that a motherfucking dmix?
Yes, dmixes are making a return! Come frag and have some fun!

>When?
Saturday, 11 pm GMT +0 (convert to your local timezone)
>I have little to no competitive experience, can I still join?
Yes, everyone can come, try reading up on things and play some lobbies if you are new, avoid doing overly autistic shit like going pyro if you're playing demo.
>How do we communicate?
We'll be using mumble which you can download at www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php
>I'm from NA/EU/OCE, where is the server located?
Server location is decided depending on where the majority of players are from.
>What's a dmix?
A dmix, short for double mix, is when you gather 12 people to play 6s. It's friendly matches against each other, can be serious and/or unserious, although it's usually more fun when people aren't fucking about.
The usual go for dmixes are that once there are 6 players on both teams, one player says last to spec and everyone rushes to join spectator. Last 2 people to join spectator have to play medic, they battle it out and the winner gets to pick a player first.
The most common way to pick is to have players pick. Captain's pick exists too but it's pretty boring since it ends in one team being stacked more often than not. In players pick the person gets to pick a player when it's their turn, team takes turns picking. Classes are picked once everyone has been picked.
TL;DR it's a fucking 6s match
>I'm interested, how do we do this?
Add me on steam, id/hamaham, send me a message telling me that you're interested and I'll take care of the rest, when it begins I'll pm you the mumble, once we're 12 people in the mumble I'll post the server and the dmix will commence.
Remember to have fun!

Oh no, I've never actually played spy.

>2 fps counters
what for

One is mumble and the other is steam, the third (not seen) is shadowplay.

thats some very relaxed mouse movement

yeah but what for

Enforcer

ASS MAN *burp*

Pyro had a hard life.

16.7 inches per 360, also we were playing at like 2:30 am, it was so cool
I play some games in bordered, hence steam, I forgot why I enabled shadowplay fps but I think it was because I didn't use steam fps counter at the time, I had mumble before both those counters and I stopped using it since a lot of tf2 teams I've been playing with have been using discord (inferior to mumble btw)

tfw bad at video games

all I want is a 5cp game, come on

also it can be argued whether black box is properly balanced or not, but that's a different topic for discussion, saying that the whole concept makes it a crutch makes me believe that you'd wish to see its bonus lowered if not the weapon removed from the game

if someone kills you with something don't call it a "crutch", but try to learn to play around it. it's extremely silly that anyone could call black box a crutch when it has 1 less rocket in clip, which makes those players really easy to trick into emptying their whole clip really fast and simply outdamage with stock when you can shoot them with 1 more rocket for their measly max 60 hp that they get in combat, which makes it pretty underpowered actually. you're a bad player if you can't kill a black box user with stock, not the other way around.

Black Box + Conch is the crutch, not black box alone. It allows for some seriously forgiving soldier play for new players, while gimping experienced ones due to the lack of extra rocket. Which is why it's considered a crutch. I swear, no one in this thread knows what a crutch is. No idea where this "I got killed by it, so I'll call it a crutch" meme even came from.

Blame Videogames, he's the fuck that put together the original crutch list image

That image has been floating around since at least before Gun Mettle, though. Black Box used to be worse.

The Equalizer

Aside from the funslinger, are there any other paradigm shift weapons/loadouts in tf2? Would the milk/sandman turn scout from a frontliner/flanker into a support? (Heals, stuns, psychological area denial*)

*When half of your pushing power is milked, they naturally want to retreat or hold a corner for the effect to wear off. The enemy pocket/demo getting burst healing from hitting you isn't easy to overcome unless you focus fire that single person

I've been wearing my halloween cosmetics all day and only just realised it's not full moon anymore LOL

black box fix
>rockets fly slightly slower
>heals you with a 10:1 damage to health ratio with no cap to how much one rocket can heal

Black box as it is right now is perfectly fine. It's only cancer when paired with the conch, and bb/conch soldiers are shit.

I know. I avidly abused it like the hatless shitstain I was

so black box + concheror is a crutch but black box and concheror on their own aren't crutches. it's either one or the other that is a crutch, because they don't combo with each other like guillotine and sandman (protip: it's concheror because of its passive effect)

nothing that you can avoid by playing skillfully is a crutch, even darwin's danger shield can be broken through if you charge your shot before headshotting the user. it's only a real problem when a good player uses it and doesn't allow you charge your shot a single time because he instantly kills you when you peek. getting bad that some gibus uses it is one of the most pathetic things I've heard about. learn to snipe instead

direct hit isn't a crutch either, just don't get in the dead zone around its user, in which you can't react to the rocket shot at you and fight at mid to long range instead. it's that simple, there are more examples

the things that are actual crutches is shit that gives you a bonus for literally nothing, but as I proved even some of those like DDS can be played around. the problem starts with shit like crit a cola or sandman when you can't possibly play around what makes them dangerous (but even with sandman, just move unpredictably horizontally given you see a scout around and you won't get it with the ball), not pomson, reserve shooter or whatever else

5 year veteran badge when

I'm here since 2010 where's my reward

Also post age badges and time you've been lurking. I wanna see how many fags are as new as I am.

I've been h*ckpostin on and off for about 3 years now

how would you fix the concheror

>valve will gut the cancerous airblast because b4nny and other pros asked them to
>furfag rage will be huge, even bigger than the tough break tears

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

I played since 2008 and I have mercenary and I just realized recently new players also get this

at least I also have proof of purchase, r-right...?

>Charging shots
wew

In how much fucking months are you seeing this coming oh wise shitter ?

>>>/csgog/

>updates on sunday
????

>Nerfing the one thing that makes Pyro worth something

t. Doesn't know what a shotgun is

Friendly reminder that it's still not fixed/
youtu.be/AVlhyKViR80

>Unusual aussie
?

>have fun until it gets fixed
LOL

speed of healing dependent on amount of rage meter filled starting with 0 at 0 fill

also make the damage needed to charge the same as the other banners

what is cond reset?

t. brainlet

Hot new exploit skiddies are using to ruin games.

battalion's backup is just as bad btw, they need to buff the effect and remove that max health bonus

"okay, this is a good banner, but no one will want to use it probably, because the effects are not as obvious as the others. I know! let's add +20 max health, so it can serve as a crutch at all times! that's enough incentive for using it instead of buff banner!"

sandman is the opposite - "okay, this stun mechanic was a bad idea but instead of removing it let's make it give -15 max health so maybe not as many players will want to use it!"

Please refrain from using the word crutch again, thanks

>Batallons Backup
>Crutch

~$rm yurself

220 health instead of 200 is literally a crutch and one of the only situations where the word actually applies

Once again proving my point that no one on /tf2g/ knows what a crutch is.

F*uck you

>that autistic song
>that scout pistol
kill me

I hecked up my ankle ages ago ice skating. I had to use crutches for support. So I think I know about a thing or two concerning crutches

I love Team Fortress 2 and the last 3-4 times I've played it, they went really really well. I love Gold Rush

so

I wouldn't call the Backup a crutch, but speaking as someone who plays a lot of Demo, it's really fucking aggravating to lose a fight with a Soldier even though you piped him twice just because he has that equipped and shot the floor near you.

stop talking about the backup

and start talking about the BB

stop talking about the tf2

i like using the bb to counter the bb
but if someone on the enemy team uses the bb it really fucks you up

BB could mean
>Black Box
>Batalions Backup
>Beggars Bazooka
>Boston Basher
>Buff Banner
>Brass Beast
>Bazaar Bargin
why is there so many BB's

[B]hy [B]ot

Big Benis

its just a reskin of their scattergun skin that is unusual i think

>20 hp
>1 heavy boolet med-long range
>Keep yourself from cratering if you're lucky
>maybe Splash damage mitigation
>Three pills if you are at 110-101% hp

Neat. I got rolled live on someone's stream.

it's everything that allows the player to live longer for little to no effort

examples of crutches:
>crit a cola
just take a sip and become a more powerful scout automatically, downside doesn't mean anything
>concheror
equip it to regenerate health automatically
>battalion's backup
equip it to have more health automatically
>razorback
equip it to become immune to a backstab automatically
>danger shield
equip it to have more health automatically and become immune to a quick scope headshot on top of that, downside doesn't really mean much
>overdose
be able to run faster for what you always do automatically
>diamondback
get crits for what you always do automatically
>spy cicle
makes you immune to fire automatically
>frontier justice
get crits for not being able to make your buildings stay up for long automatically
>sandvich
use and have full health automatically
>dalokohs bar
use and have more health automatically

examples of not crutches at all:
>reserve shooter
just be stupid and don't get close enough to the pyros so they can airblast you
>bonk! atomic punch
you can't be dealt damage or deal damage when you drink it, it evens out
>direct hit
don't get close to the soldier you idiot
>pomson
those projectiles are so stupidly slow that only standing in spammable chokes makes you vulnerable
>sandman
don't run in a straight line towards scout
>stickybomb launcher
don't fight demoman at mid range
>huo long heater
ring of fire requires ammo

depends on situation:
>dead ringer
makes you able to survive when you shouldn't automatically, but it may also serve as a purposeful fake death tool
>escape plan
allows for easier escape when you've overextended or done stupid shit automatically, but you may also use faster speed skillfully to get where you want faster

okay I'm done I can't be fucked to type out more, you get the gist

I'm also a colossal fuckup.

You're moronic. Stop looking purely at item stats and look at how the item is played.

I bet you're just mad that I called sandvich a crutch which it is :^)

you just proved his point
>danger shield doesn't make good players worse, therefore its not a crutch
>people know to stay away from pyros at high levels, therefore the reserve is useless, making it a crutch

no it's something that makes high level players worse at the game but low level players better than their actual level. some of the weapons you listed as crutches are just flat out overpowered rather than crutches.

When is the update coming?

example of crutch:
>weapon you use

example of not a crutch:
>weapon I use

I use stock, checkmate nerd

>muh no upsides OR downsides
crutch detected
checkmate, dork

not today retard
with the massive VAC ban this week it's likely we'll see the update this month

Post solider loadouts.

crutch isn't something that makes good players worse, it's what makes everyone better regardless of their skill level

with that logic you may call every replacement for direct hit, brass beast or stock scattergun a crutch just because they have highest possible dps

>he uses stock
I bet you also kiss girls you crutch using fuck

you cant run with crutches

examples of a crutch:
>classes you main

>example of not a crutch
>classes I main

umm what? I can

none of you people know what crutches are
THIS is a crutch

even 1 hp bonus would be shitty