Squeaks driving me to the brink of insanity

Hey Veeky Forums, i had finally gotten around to replacing my rotors. Always bled the brakes and replaced pads but this was my first time doing rotors. Everything seemed pretty tight and correct but i still hear a pattern like squeaking/scrapping from what sounds like the drivers side rear tire.

Is it just a matter of all the new rotors/pads/metal clip indicators need to see a few miles to settle in or is there maybe something i missed?

Bump with what i'm rocking, 05 Isuzu Ascender, pretty solid.

extra bump for good measure

Always put new pads on new rotors.
Give it a few hard stops from a sensible speed without locking them up or letting it stop while you have the brake pressed.
If still there, you've done something wrong in reassembly or something else is fucked.

Did you use cheap pads and rotors?

>Always put new pads on new rotors.

Waste of money if the pads still have life

Just sand them flat with some 80 grit

Yea new pads, always feel compelled with new rotors, i don't mind paying for it.

OP still here, just at work on the company computer.

i usually use middle grade stuff, never the cheapest

You need to apply anti seize to the brake pads where they contact the caliper.

And the top, and bottoms corners too

You forgot the break in procedure on the rotors. When you have rotors machined or replaced you have to get the pads properly seated to the rotor otherwise you'll get squeaks. Take the car up to 40mph 3 times with moderately hard braking to 10 mph then up to 60 mph with some hard braking to 20mph. Your brakes should be smoking by the end of this. Then you drive around to let the brakes cool. Do not stop during the break in.

I hope you sprayed brake cleaner on the rotor and wipe it off on both sides.

Legit? Damn i never knew

Ok, i'll try that, thanks for the advice.

I did not, i must admit

turn the radio up

I think I have the same kind of squeaking. I haven't done any brake component replacing, I've just inspected the brakes. Nothing seemed out of order, but I have a rhythmic chirping from my passenger rear brake. If I figure it out this weekend and this thread is still alive I'll post what it was in case your issue is the same thing.

You should've, that's why it's squeaking. Just spray some cleaner on them and it should be fine. If they still squeak, just drive it and it will wear off.

Thanks bro, appreciate the effort. i hope this thread stays alive until then lol

I'll definitely give that a shot, thank you. You're a king among men if it works.

Did you put any antiseize on the back of the pads/pad hardware?

No sir, i noticed the one image posted above about that. I imagine i can get some from like Advanced Auto right?

Yes, they usually have some little packets of copper antiseize by the counter. 1 should be enough, but grab 2 just in case, and so you have more for anything else you might need to do later.

Is that like some kind of puddy/lubrication? Sorry for being an uninformed wannabe mechanic?

Didn't meanto put a "?" at the end lol

Pretty much yeah. A little bit goes a long way, you don't need to slather it with it. Just a light, thin coat.

Nah, just a mechanic.

I replaced my front rotors and pads because the previous owner managed to warp the rotors somehow. I used cheap vatozone brand pads and I got squeaking and mad brake dust for months until finally I was able to come to a stop quietly. My rims look like shit from all the dust and the squeaking drove me crazy but at least its over. Also I'll never buy autozone shit again unless it's oil.

tl;dr it's probably the pads, don't get cheap ones

On another note, how do I find a good brand of brake pads? Is it enough to look at the scores on tirerack, or should I go by price or something?