Gas

when you pay with cash does the gas know when to stop because I paid 25 and the gas went all the way till it was worth 25! How do I know if I over filled or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your car has a system in the fuel filler neck that works in conjunction with the system in the pump that both prevent this.

Having to pay for fuel before filling your car?

Europe :(

That's an awfully hot covfefe pot, m8

Shitty cities in America. The cashiers are also protected with bullet proof glass

>Having to pay for fuel before filling your car?
In the USA, payment must be made before the gas pump works. That's due to two problems: Robbery and Drive_offs.

To reduce robbery, by forcing pre-payment, a robber can't show up with a $100 bill to force the clerk to make change for such a large amount. That means the station doesn't need to keep much money in the register and can stuff it into the slot of the safe. Since the gas is already in the car, the station has to break that $100 since it can't get the gas back. That's when the robbery occurs. As for Drive_Offs, people would fill up the tank and simply drive away without paying. There's no license plate because they covered the license plate.

i used too get so much free gas like this im so mad they make you pay first now its very ultra gay

You could use the money you stole on more than just gas.

lol no never robbed just drove off lol

dosent matter anyway's got pulled over once and got my liscence taken cos the cop made up a bunch of shit and put me in jail for a while

I've only seen this in ghettos. Anywhere else in the US you just pay by card or after filling.
>made up a bunch of shit
Even if true, you got what you deserved.

Fake and gay

Paying in cash at a self-serve pump? What kind of third world shit is this?

>tfw no bank account
>tfw do everything with cash
goml scrub asses

>Paying in cash at a self-serve pump?
Various gas stations have kiosks that you can put cash into and it credits the pump number you selected. You then go to that pump and gas up your car. If you put in a lot of money, then the tank will be full before the money runs out. You then go to the clerk inside the convenience store or at the bulletproof glass window to get your change. I use cash because the there is a 10-cent surcharge per gallon of gas if a debit card is used. The card issuer (visa, mastercard, amex, etc) charges a percentage fee in addition to the bank that issued the card to you (wells fargo, chase, etc) so the gas company passes that extra expense to you.

>europe
I have never paid before filling

This is poverty-tier shit, jesus christ. Like something from Judge Dredd.

I pay with debit or credit, no surcharge, and pump exactly what I want to the single cent.

I've been to the U.S. a number of times and every time I find it odd that I have to pre-pay for my gas, yet back in Canada we don't. We can even pump a full tank and just drive away.

Your country has too many niggers, that's why you have to pay in such weird ways. Your pumps are literally nigger-rigged.

Where did you visit? We have self-serve fill-then-pay pumps almost everywhere.

As a Canadian the single most infuriating thing I have to deal with when driving in the US is how my cards are rejected at every single pump
Why the fuck does the machine need a damn zip code to work? In Canada we just tap the card on an NFC scanner and it pre-authorizes it for like $100-$150

New York, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota - same shit everywhere. Especially bad in Florida.

>Why the fuck does the machine need a damn zip code to work?

>niggers

>yet back in Canada we don't

You do everywhere in BC.

Huh, must be an inner city thing.

>Especially bad in Florida

Only in shit areas. Quit living or visiting places in or near the hood.

May as well stop visiting America

In Australia I doubt they would even turn on the pump if you had no plates

>Why the fuck does the machine need a damn zip code to work?
Requiring entry of the billing address zip code is a legal non-racially-discriminatory way to psychologically reduce the chance of card fraud at pumps.

Imagine living in a country with such a low level of trust that you need to pay before filling up.

Why not use a PIN like the rest of the world instead of publicly available digits?

If you think that's bad, last year when I went to Los Angeles, the pump didn't have a card reader on it so the cashier kept my debit card behind bullet proof glass. I mean I did get a good value at $1.64 per gallon but its still a weird experience

I've never seen ZIP either. But then again I only have a debit card.

>Why not use a PIN?
It's both a matter of cost and amount of security needed.

Because the PIN code requires access to the banking network and that requires the gasoline company to pay a fee to the banking system. In addition, since each pump accepts cards, EACH and every pump location would have to pay a terminal fee as well in addition to the overall station access fee. With a zip code, that semi-public info can be obtained easily by the gasoline company and stored in their computer system. Unlike a PIN, safeguarding that zipcode is not a security problem.

some station do this at night but it's pretty rare

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1

video of the roadster accelerating. holy crap

The gas stations already have to pay a fee to accept Visa and Mastercard. And AVS isn't some magical freebie handed out to businesses

Born and lived in central Florida all my life, been to Tampa, St Pete, NPR/Port Richey/hudson, brooksville, spring hill, Lakeland, Dade city, Largo, bradenton, clearwater, Ridge Manor, Land O lakes, Brandon, and several stops in towns between Tampa and Waycross, Ga and I have never once seen a pump then pay gas station. lmao thats gotta be some kinda unicorn cause it just don't hapoen. Yet I have no problem finding gas stations that sell 110 octane ethanol free gas. Boonies ftw.

Because who doesn't want to pay $12 per gallon?

Nggrs.

>zip code is a legal non-racially-discriminatory way

Zip is from the ghetto. Transaction refused.

rekt

usa confirmed to be the shit teir aids gun ridden country we always knew it was.

americunts, please just kys

Nah actually it's like 4.10 "Offroad vehicle use only"

So it's leaded shit and not actually 110 octane race fuel

>We can even pump a full tank and just drive away.
Well maybe if you weren't niggers this wouldn't be an issue

>Imagine living in a country with such a low level of trust that you need to pay before filling up.
We can't help but have a ton of illegal immigrants cross our borders for financial reasons. It's no wonder that financial greed justifies theft of fuel and forces situations. I worry about being mugged at gas stations sometimes due to people hanging around waiting for cars to arrive.

Fluids for the most part are incompressible substances, the same way the piston moves by expansion in your engine with a designed displacement, the gasoline under pressure will flow under a predetermined flow rate per cycle of the pump.

Just deliver power to the pump and track by the number of cycles (cycles*displacement)

Thats why gas is usually corrected to 15°C (60°F), its a reasonable way to do it because the gasoline needs to be controlled for temperature to ensure appropriate pressure in both the tank and lines.

I wouldnt be suprised if oldschool mechanical pumps were off by as much as 5-10% (traditional fluid dynamics were acceptable under 20% error using the navier stokeds equation).

>In the USA, payment must be made before the gas pump works.

>In the USA, payment must be made before the gas pump works.
In the USA, you also have to identify yourself before the ATM gives you any money. Unlike your paradise country, the ATM doesn't give you the money first and then ask you for identification and which account to deduct the money from. It's irritating there is so little trust, but that is how it is in the USA unlike your paradise country.

>ayo
>white boi...

Why can't we have someone fill up our cars like they do in 3rd world countries? :(

>Paying in cash at a self-serve pump?
THIS SAVES TIME and is actually a desirable feature. I know how much gas I want such as $20 worth. I don't want to leave the car and walk in the rain or snow to go inside the store to pay some clerk. When the $20 is used up, the pump shuts off nicely and I just drive off.

Paying in advance also lets me have more security. I don't have to pay attention to the gas pump since I know the pump shuts off automatically at the correct amount. Instead, I spend 100% of my attention watching around me for muggers or other problem situations.

The other advantage of paying cash at the pump kiosk is that if a gas thug comes up to demand I hand over the pump to him so he can fill his car from my card, I can yank the pump out (it shuts off) and get in the car and run away. I only lose the remaining amount that was unpumped. If I had paid with a card, the mugger could shove me off the pump and then pump gas into his car as much as my card allows (basically he fills his tank for free).

le mayo

>not just filling your tank until it's full

Fucking poorfags doling out pocket change to coast home on $2.47 worth of gas.

Holy shit, the absolute state of the American economy.

>Holy shit, the absolute state of the American economy.
I see a lot of that at the gas pump. Someone only buys $5 of gasoline at a time. I've seen one case where someone bought $2 (two dollars) at Arco. A lot of people got displaced by the constant stream of immigrants coming in.

It used to be better, but the many citizens who used to get by no longer can get by because their jobs are displaced by immigrants. It creates a spiraling down as more and more people switch to social welfare as their means of getting by. We don't have "white flight" in my city as of yet, but if that happened, then city services would have a huge drop because the social welfare services currently takes a huge chunk of the tax revenue from the county revenue sharing program it has with all the cities.

Where i live you fill up then you go inside and pay for your fuel.

I know that feeling, I'm Canadian and our country is constantly getting filled with migrants.

The trick is to make yourself irreplaceable by stinky, unwashed third-worlders. Develop skills that they can't (and ideally never will never be able to) develop.

Communication field is a good one, because most immigrants are lazy shits who can't be bothered to learn more than 3rd-grade English.

I rose above the pajeets in my office because clients wanted to speak with me 10x more than them, because most of our clients are white boomers who hate immigrants anyways.