/utg/ - Undertale General

Take Me Down to the Paradise City Where the Grass is GreenEdition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Don't forget to visit your goatdad for tea

Chara burpfic?

If you want pie with your tea, though, then you're out of luck.

>GreenEdition
one job

Frisk will provide the pie

undyne is pretty

who will provide the napkins?

Papyrus.
Undyne will of course provide the after pie and tea hot cocoa and Alphys will provide the forks

Papyrus

someone tell Undyne she can't be in a gay relationship with claws like that

Thanks user. I really do hope I can really write something that'll tug on the 'ol heartstrings.

Frisk canonically cannot canon cook.

when Frisk grows up, Sans will be boob height

Frisk is canonically best housewife

this is true

but Frisk has a penis

nah

yeah

nah nigga nah

yea boi

nah bruh

I put too much effort into this post...

so I wanted to continue this but I had to stop when I saw this and audibly said "woaaaaah"

That, uh....
That's a wise choice, user.

Saving that picture though... not so much

Howdy /utg/, surprised y'all are still kicking - haven't been here in months

Got myself in a bit of a pickle: my old harddrive died and I lost nearly all of my Nicecreams. Post some nice images of our favourite ice-cream vendor, would you kindly? x

what are you, a cop?

We all have things we regret saving, user.

I am an agent of the cyberpolice.
You dun goofed

Well, I'm a member of the TIME POLICE

Sans is sort of like the Batman of Monsterkind.

Batman is the weakest member of the Justice League, because unlike everyone else he is just a normal human being. But, he has all of the skills, smarts, and such that allow him to not only keep on the same level as his teammates, but almost faux-"surpass" them to such a degree that his very name and identity has a much stronger and scarier imposing and powerful presence.

That's what Sans is.

I'd be okay with some of it, but you start out normal and then leap so fucking high with some of the assumptions that I just back out immediately. Stuff like,
>After the accident, that awareness only grew and his very existence is now somewhat intermingled with and outside of the time-space continuum. This quantum state of being allows him to take shortcuts via teleportation, mess around with the "code", and other stuff.
is going so far off the charts, that you're basically saying 'yes, he is the weakest character, but he's actually the strongest character'.

It's your headcanon, so it barely even matters what I say, but you've set such a ridiculously expansive powerset (seriously, 'quantum state of being'), that you've put him on a level so incredibly over everyone else, that I just can't roll with it.

You do now that when this is handled badly and how often that has happened, is the reason why people mockingly call some of his appearences 'Batgod', right?

He has powerful asspulled magic and technology rather than relying on smarts, the things he does in the game aren't particularly crafty or tactical, and he doesn't have that kind of reputation in canon. Plus he doesn't even have team mates.

I wasn't trying to make him sound like a god or anything with that. I meant... like... uh... I mean... how do I put this...

I mean like.... how quantum physics is, with like... like... when you aren't looking at something, it can be anywhere, or something, and stuff like that. I just meant his existence is somewhat in flux or whatever, nothing too extravagant. He's still super weak, he's just able to teleport and semi-"hack" reality or whatever, at least as much as we see in game, like bending the rules or whatever.

It's only with Gaster that I'd expect it to be super powerful and godlike, since he's shattered across time and space rather than being slightly in flux.

Batman is a good character though

You have to admit, though, that Batman sort of has the same... "reputation" that Sans does, in a way. Like, who is the most popular character to the point of semi-mascot status in DC? Batman.

Sans, in a way, has that.... Batman-ness to him, with how crazy popular he became to the point that his very presence and identity is meme-level, just like Batman.

I have a feeling you're using quantum physics as basically technobabble. I think you really need to find proper terms for what you want to describe, because while teleportation is fine and believable, 'semi-hack reality' basically comes off as low-level reality warping, which is immediately something people would turn away from.

>It's only with Gaster that I'd expect it to be super powerful and godlike, since he's shattered across time and space rather than being slightly in flux.
...why though? I know you're going to pull the stats on this, but if he's shattered, how would you even get a reading on those, who verifies those numbers? He could easily be just a regular guy stuck in a Corpse Party situation, stuck on another 'plane of existence', except he can see everything, but remain unable to interact.

Sans, the very basic in-game Sans character, is not a borderline-omnipotent bad-time-delivery service, who still takes time to either kicks Papyrus around, bone half the female cast and just consistently reinforce that he's better at everything than anyone else, save for maybe jogging.

Meanwhile Batman does have certain issues with multiple people introducing some very inconsistent writing, who can turn him from a superbly overtrained but tormented and self-destructive crime fighter, to basically a god walking among mortals.

Sure, you can say fanwriters/artists kinda do the same, but they're not sanctioned by Toby.

I just need to refresh my memory on Quantum Physics and stuff.

I mean, like... a way to compare what I mean with Sans and Gaster is basically...

Imagine some guy. He's a pretty, almost comically, weak but smart guy. Then something happened involving the air, and now this guy's very existence is sort of slightly intermingled with the wind a little. It basically allows him to do some pretty simple stuff like "move with the wind", and stuff like that, but nothing too crazy.

But then his mentor... was literally scattered across the wind entirely. He's one with the air. As a result, he's like a wind GOD.

Sans is like... he's stared into the abyss, and has a foot in. Gaster fell into the abyss, and became the abyss.

I still don't get why it's necessary to set a godlike being and therefore Sans as a demigod, bit whatever

I want ironic Sans art of Sans going Kaioken times 20 except his flame eye is what turns red and it's Bad Times times 20 instead. Because I'm a fucking genuis.

Jesus fuck 90% of Sans art posted here is already 'ironic' at this point. I suspect that most people actually do it unironically and think it's actually cool and that sans really is the retarded meme badass people joke aboyt

The best way to write Sans is as a lazy slob with passive agressive tendencies.

The best way to write Chara is not to write them

What's the best way to write everyone else

The winning move is not to play

We've had this discussion before. Sans is the second most powerful Undertale because he can dodge, only superseded by Asgore, who was too quick for Undyne.

This is accurate, though specifically against Asgore, sans would probably win because Karma would destroy him.

Fun things are fun.

Sans > Undying > Asgore > normal Undyne > Mettaton> Toriel > Papyrus

I hadn't thought about that. Out of all the Undertales, Asgore is the only murderer out of them. Running under the assumption that Sans's attacks are more powerful against those with higher LOVE (KR), he might have an easier time defeating Asgore.

Depends if KR only works on high levels. If we go by the literal wording Asgore would have a low level because level is actually how little of a shit you give about hurting others and it's clear that Asgore still has issues with it.

Gerson wins. You can't even try to attack, so he doesn't even need to dodge.

LV isn't how many things you've killed in Undertale. It's how far you've distanced yourself from caring about doing violence. It's debatable how much Asgore has done this not to mention it still wouldn't be anywhere near Genocide level.

All this depends on how KR actually works though

Well that's cheating. We're playing 1v1 versus to figure out power levels. Naturally that means neither side can hide behind a shop or some other invulnerability fiat.

Cheating is Sans's fighting style's entire theme. Meanwhile, Gerson works within the rules.

I searched "skeleton" on xvideos earlier and found this

Yes Sans is underhanded in a fight, but there's still a fight occurring. By that logic Sans should've just set up shop in front of the entrance to

holy fuck

Sans could've just set up his hotdog shop in front of the entrance to Asgore's throne room in the Final Corridor.

Asgore vs Gerson would just be the two drinking tea in Gersons shop and talking about how much they love Undyne and how proud they are of her and Gerson would try and encourage Asgore to go on a date with some cute single mom that lives in waterfall and he'd say he'll think about it.

Who wins in this situation? Who is stronger?

Karmic retribution Sans > Undying > Asgore > Undyne > Mettaton > Papyrus > Toriel > Sans

I mean... Sans has a reason to go against the rules
it's not like he's doing it for the shits

>name is Sora
Come to think of it, there's surprisingly little Kingdom Hearts crossovers with this. Perhaps I should say "mercifully little."

>only superseded by Asgore

Dead people don't count, silly

asriel's mouth in this pic always messed with me, something weird about the perspective

That's not one character, that's ten thousand monster souls in a tall raincoat

>Raincoat

Do you have a problem with that?

The best way to write Asriel/Flowey is not to separate the Asriel from the Flowey or the Flowey from the Asriel.
The best way to write Toriel is as strict but ultimately caring as a mom, and aloof but well intentioned with adults.
The best way to write Undyne is as an actual shonen hero.
The best way to write Alphys is as being a good person beneath all the traits people often find annoying.
The best way to write Asgore is as remorseful and ultimately kind, but not to be trifled with.
The best way to write Papyrus is as inspiring with his optimism and kindness, and to give him much more screentime than Sans.
The best way to write Mettaton is by having him show a cunning side beneath the showman persona.

Frisk is a free space. As long as your Frisk acts in a way that is plausible for any human to act and is at least semi likeable, your Frisk is okay,

and the best way to write chara is not

That's right! You're a quick learner.

dont look

The best way to write Frisk and Chara is being fully aware of all of Frisk's positive traits and Chara's negative traits, and how both can be impacted by each other, for better or worse.

Like, what Frisk is like Post-Genocide, or what Chara is like Post-True Pacifist.

Look

booby

Becoming

Goat

Children

I love this fish

F R I C K

You must go into this thing with both eyes open

more please

>frick

does Toriel shave her legs?

You and your favorite and your second favorite are now playing parts in phantom of the opera, with you as the main female cast (Christine), your fav being the one man lead that's not the phantom, and the phantom being your second fav. How does it go?

Do you think vore runs in the Dreemurr family? I mean Asriel had to get the idea from someone.

>implying we are not all intrinsically hungry beasts

This is the best AU
Also that is the best explanation for the squinty eyes

>Frisk being a fucking genetic defective
>a better excuse than him being Asian

I like that explanation too
maybe they'll find out when Frisk goes for a check-up and miserably fails the eye test

but in my au frisk can't be asian
how else could he have such a large penis

world record bepis??

He has an elastic ass, a sensitive prostate, and a modest member

And a soul-winning smile

>Using race as a prediction for penis size

you're right
he wouldn't be able to drive, either

but frisk is a girl

wrong
also worst ship

Correct. And Chara is a boy with a small bepis.

she's not a ship, she's a plane