/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Patch Notes
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/SightlierGravy/albums/gwent-adventure

Crashed with no survivors:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13388312/
gwentify.com/decks/nilfgaard-budget-gwent-deck-list-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for just having fun

WHERE IS SIEGFRIED

first for you're all fags for crying about easy the MMR system is.

WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB DOCTOR THALER?

guess what it is

pls no jotunn or frightner

grave hag

forgot pic like a tard

8th for NG best faction, NR worst faction

shadow

Fire elemental

>morkvarg pick because disenchanted him for max value
>next pack premo mork

fuck you

Grave Hag

you cannot hide your stench user

ok what the fuck

this guy just ignied my 25 strength middle row and didn't kill anything? i felt so bad I conceded, he got cheated out of a 16 point igni

i swear these movement cards are bugged to hell and back

giant toad. is he good? i know he can be comboed with olgierd right?

its ok

it's 5 am user, but here you go, i made a thread with your image

He's a free mulligan with a sizeable body. Goes well with Manticore

A LOT OF MMR FOR A DEAD CARD GAME

WHO HERE LIKES HAVING FUN? DO YOU LIKE FUN? OF COURSE YOU DO. HERE IS FUN.

Since nilf is no longer rampant you can play champeen of champeens once again. Since CDPR raped the everloving shit out of Restore you're basically forced to run him in a discard deck, and here it is. Also keep in mind this isn't a gud gittin climbing deck, it's a functional meme where you've at least got a fighting chance. Also completely noninteractive but who cares look how big that fucking troll is getting.

Quick rundown:
You don't want to keep any queensguard in your opening hand, they're your King Bran target. After that point, the priestesses are all 16 point shitheads.

Obviously you want one pirate in your opening hand to discard the other two.

Mulligan away pirate captains round 1. 99% of the time you'll never be playing them round 1 anyway.

It's almost always decent to have one or two raiders in your hand since you'll probably have Ermion and/or Svanridge and/or Restore. They're also good for Lugos obviously.

Don't be afraid to discard a priestess. You generally only play them and the queensguard in rounds 2 and 3 anyway unless you have an uncontested champ in round 1, and a discarded priestess can be chain-rezzed by a future priestess.

Generally speaking you don't want to discard Ciri, but in the event you get her as an option for Ermion/Svanridge/Udalryk it doesn't really hurt.

Cleaver instead of Donar because ranged row is for da champ.

COME ON DAGON, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET 20 MORE POWER THAN ME, FUCK. I DON'T HAVE SCORCH
rip cavalry

>make francesca borkh ciri dash as a meme
>it's fucking amazing and actually better than my sk ciri dash deck

fug

Post dick

why not scorch instead of shadow and proofs on rank?

no removal, no silver locks, just outtempo them in round 1 thanks to roach, saskia, wardancers and Aelirenn

draw ciri dash every round because you deck thin like no other deck in this game

johnny ciri dash in round 1 if possible

sarah on saskia if needed

As a rule of thumb in round 3, count how many Vanguards you're gonna be playing, and drop borkh when you have (3+number of vanguards you're gonna be playing) cards in your hand

>out tempo dorfs, consume and NR.
>with that

>Play king bran
>suddenly face every cunt who has teched Avallach

Tell me that fucking matchmaking isn't rigged.

you see igni round 1 about 50% of the time

the other 50% johnny gives you a copy of your opponent's igni

>running queensmeme
>every match is against consume

shackles is unplayable in this meta, it's a 0 point play 80% of the time, a dead card.

at least its not vs ng with medics

dang sun first time i ever my first 4 has a golden in them FEELS PRETTY GUD EVEN IF AVALLACH ISNT GREAT

>3800mmr consume player Geels into caretaker to pull one of my queensguard
>I'm playing
>Outvalue him and get around 170 points in round 3 since I don't give a shit about my queensguard

strawpoll.me/13388312/

Which factions are ya playing now /gwt/?

>Vote everything but nilf
>Everyone's being letholets

haha i sure do love paying against monsters 90% of the time in ranked a week after every patch haha glad we nerfed all those other oppressive decks

Avallach or Leo?

I play reveal semi often

100% leo if you play reveal

arent both used in reveal

reveal NG, I mostly play on casual now and it is fun as fuck though I lack proper tools to make it work better is still really freaking fun.

3k really is the new 1k

>scorching three round 3 spotters for a total of 45 points

>as discard SK with even larger captains

Most you can hope for these days with Leo is 19 point swing, which is okay but most of the time he'll act as glorified Azlurs Thunder. I'd take Avallach

Yeah. I've been putting off ranked but I decided to try it tonight, its not even rewarding to be honest, every win is 40-50 points and every loss is minus 5-7. There is no way you can stay below 2k unless you just never play.

New to the game -- about a week in now.

Just built this deck today (minus Cantarella and Vanhemar) and played about 10 rounds or so; gwentify.com/decks/nilfgaard-budget-gwent-deck-list-guide/

I'm told that the spy archetype is NG's main thing. What are the others?

Any good decks using Black Infantry Arbalest? Those dudes are dank.

Spotters are the hardest pumpable r3 finisher, so fuck you
>DBP - dude just shit spells in the opponents general direction
>Pirates - dude just discard cards, not like there're any downsides since you gonna ressurect them anyway
>Vanguards - make em stronger while making your hand better
Nekkers technically require more work to get bigger, but since you only need one in hand they're horsedhit too

so is big guy actually good in reveal or just a meme?

what 6 monster silvers do i run in weather if i dont want crones

hmm...

Borkh is the only card that was properly reworked. Now it's a just a good gold instead of gofuckyourself machine

I love the card.

but i think the renew and regis changes were also good ones

well, atleast in my discard deck, so is it fairly hard to get correct order when you're discarding, also, even if i run queensguards so do i not run any priestesses, since i switched them for warships for tempo (instead i use it as a single 14 value bronze... or let my opponent focus too much resources of getting rid of low value QGs) but if i start i need to get rid of as many "anti-value" draws as possible, so i don't draw, for example, the queensguards or the regular pirates with ermion, avallach, svanrige or uldaryk

while you also want to be able to draw and discard ciri as many times as possible, preferably being able to johnny her (it's actually a bit of a meme-play and not as good as it seems, but it's still a discarded ciri)

all while most of the tempo will take between 2 to 4 rounds to actually get going, during which time your warships are exposed.

the last round is usually a stomp in one way or the other, but that is mainly dependent on how well the first and sometimes second round go.

>playing reveal
>opponent goes first
>immediately throws out Regis the exact millisecond his turn starts
>only finds a mangonel

Bump faggots.

I got a premium Kambi
Any meme deck that uses it now that it got nerfed?

spies used to be NG's "main" thing but has since the lastest patch become overshadowed by reveal. another very, very loose archetype is just a general tempo/ "value" deck

black infantry arbalest is among the 5 worst cards in the game, atleast when it comes to cards actually seeing play. the requirement of its target being boosted is kinda hard to meet and it doesn't really reward you by a lot if you actually manage to meet that requirement, but if you don't so is its statline.... fairly... meh
all while not really fitting into any archetype.

also, i would say, cut the novices for golems and use calveit instead, you won't get the same kind of potential monsters, but instead you'll get a much more consistent deck. get auckles ASAP and switch out cleaver, don't bother going for vanhemar, just get de wett or the guardian instead.

>uses big guy to banish 3 dwarves r1
>dbombs r1
>still loses to 2 units r2

nice meme

but friend, any deck that you put it in becomes a meme deck.

Squaess'me, evellienn

t. 1k mmr Brainlet

I know vilgefortz is a gr8 NG legendary but i don't play them so is yen worth considering? Anybody own her and if so does she do any good vs the current monster meta with chironex?

What other bronzes are good for the Dagon token? Found the ancient foglets to be decent so far. Also I'm unsure about Caranthir but is generally a good value gold due to the weather effect and Lacerate synergy.

Since I dont run renew my typical win con is to push for R1 with a core of Crones+Dagon+Fire elemental tempo, autopass R2, then Trissbutt R3. I aim to thin the deck as much as possible in R1/R2 to ensure I get Trissbutt R3.

Theoretically she should be great, but otherwise would be a dead card depending on the opponent and your deck.

if at your mmr youre facing a bunch of consumes then yeah yen's great but if not then just take vilgefortz

went with yen thanks lads

Imo crones are essential for the thinning needed and for the tempo. Generally you want to put them out in R1/2 unlike the old days where they are usully used to compete vs Tibor.

NERF MONSTERS NOW

Also ancient foglets are amazing Igni protection since they get boosted by fog every turn, along with being decent tempo/value wise. This enables you to play horn/immune boost R1 and still not worry about Igni come R3.

Trissbutt will surely get nerfed next patch by limiting the number of units boosted or only boosting 1 unit for 2 per turn.

why is ice giant so fucking terrible?

Because it's just a body and not even a good body without frost. Same thing for that NR card. Cards have to do something to not be terrible.

>It's a find out your opponent had essentially the perfect hand episode

these threads have suffered much

>tfw you destroyed and outplayed a consume nigger with Emyr

THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN MOTHER FUCKERS

I played 14 games with this and had a 50% wr at 3400mmr. As fun as it is at times, I don't think it's very good.

I can't believe everyone removed weather from their decks, axemen has never been this strong.

Weather removal*

>tfw the game would actually have perfect balance if they nerfed monsters a little bit

if ur struggling against consume

ur literally shite at the game

>anyone struggling against consume after closed beta

literally no one apart from queenscunt
and they deserve it

>not struggling with consistently high strength and carryover out the ass
How???

pshh

MAN FUCK COIN TOSS SERIOUSLY

>big guy letho hits my queensguard
>still win

>playing against dorfs
>deliberately reveal Letho and Dbomb with Vattier

>tfw legit shot at top 1000

mask off plebs

WHERE IS TIDESOFTIME
I HAVEN'T MASTURBATED IN WEEKS

>caretaker cynthia against reveal
Is there a better feeling?
Also, what's with this mill reveal bullshit I've been played against like half my games this morning?
Running Sweers, Avallach, Tibor, etc.

I assume it's good against the mirror and ST. I know I lose instantly against it as ST.

It's to counter dwarf cucks because it prevents elven's from getting value

>big guy letho hits my shit again
>win again

WONT PAY US IN GOLD

>just started reading the witcher books to know the game background
>a few pages in Foltest fucks his sister and makes some demon spawn
>it kills people left and right
>wants people to reverse it instead of killing it
>goes on for 14 years

I had to pause there. Surely he isn't that retarded? He even left the castle and built a new one

All the kings and queens in the Witcher universe are nuts in one way or another.

foltest was a good boy, he didn't do nothing wrong

Foltest tried his hardest, that's all that matters.

Not his fault he's a dummy.

also, just wait until you read about sodden hill, it's next level retarded and inconsistent with the universe, let alone common sense

foltest dindu nothing wrong, best boi in witcher verse

I'm thinking about replacing Letho in my reveal deck. I'm not sure whether to go with Vilgefortz or Tibor. Thoughts?