/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

selfish-dream.itch.io/dont
store.steampowered.com/app/613400/SAKeRETSU/
enhousestudios.itch.io/glitched
youtube.com/watch?v=jpCUhvDdGrI
vgperson.com/games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Grimoire release SOON! Any day now. Totally happening.

pls stop schizophrenics from posting in this thread

I kinda like him though
he has a passion for games unmatched by the common man

Also sufficient free time.

Nah

Here's a game that exists.

selfish-dream.itch.io/dont

It's hard as balls but I recommend it. SelfishDream makes some real decent games. I really should record them at some point but hard games make it hard to record.
Don't worry, I worked out some of that energy by shouting about cultural anthropology and philosophy while in the bathroom for 40 minutes. It's a common theme. Feeling like being a bit creative, though I thought I'd would stop in and mention DON'T by SelfishDream. He's a great guy. Reminds me of a vampire. Not sure what clan he would be but maybe an Old World Tzmisce as he reminds me a bit of Vlad Tepes.
That's really sweet. Thank you. I appreciate it.
That too. If time was money I probably would be a multi-trillionaire. I would use that time to hire people to make video games and also invest in the United States. I bet I could pay off at least half the deficit and make three game studios and still have three trillion in time.

Been having fun with Expeditions Viking, so I decided to buy a legit copy since the pirated version I had was an old version. Seemed they tweeked the skills a little since there, you can't get tier five skills right off the bat anymore, you have to have had spent a certain amount of skill points beforehand.

Cleve is posting ITT?

Wasnt this game a massive disappointment or something?

I wish.

Cool, a new edgy girl to waifu. Too bad she can't be recruited.

I haven't looked at the reception, but I'm enjoying it and the reviews on steam are mostly positive.

But when it first came out, someone on /indie/ said it was really buggy, so I decided to wait a month before getting it. I just bought it today and haven't noticed any bugs so far.

>mfw Dead Cells has mixels

into wolf girls, huh

I'm basically a xenophile who is open to loving any entity that has a vagina and is aesthetically pleasing to me in terms of both them and their vagina, regardless of whether they are female or futanari, the definition I use of course being a female who happens to have both a penis and a vagina and the proper reproductive system to support both, the term I learned when I was 14 and got access to the internet via NetZero dialup trials my brother and I would collectively exploit to get unlimited free 56k dialup and a Windows 98 computer I was forced to share due to having been forced to previously share the Windows 95 computer a classmate in special education gave me and my brother then destroyed with Kazaa. My xenophilia actually started prior to that though given my crush on Princess Sally Acorn and Bunny Rabbot from Sonic:SatAM as well as Polly Esther from Samurai Pizza Cats, which alongside the English dubs DiC did on Sailor Moon was my introduction to anime.

That's enough

As long as there are autists willing to type up an entire rambling, stream of consciousness paragraph in response to a four word response, there will be anons willing to provide those responses and provoke said paragraphs.

I'm sorry about that. I'm prone to disclosing too much information at any given time due to my problems not just including schizophrenia but Autism, among other things. Suffice to say it's easier to filter what I say when I'm near people physically, and harder to do so when I'm only near them in a immaterial sense. To bring this discussion back to the general topic of this thread, have any of you tried SAKeRETSU? I wanted this game and desired to purchase it but I would like to know your input on it as to get an impression of whether I should play this sooner rather than later.
Pretty much this. Just about everything one could possibly say in a number of instances will provoke some kind of response from me in regards to what I think or how I feel about it, though it may also cause me to go into rambling about unrelated topics. Part of that is due to the Asperger's. Hans Asperger himself described ones diagnosed with it to Adolf Hitler as "little professors".

How difficult is Pillars of Eternity to get into?

Ah, forgot the link to SAKeRETSU. Here you go.

store.steampowered.com/app/613400/SAKeRETSU/

$4 on Steam, looks like a Gameboy game, describes itself as an open world turn-based RPG with a single-use item combat system themed around exploring the world looking for rare items. Takes place in the land of MU, described as a world between life and death. That part reminds of Central Station in a sense, given that Central Station basically takes place in Purgatory, albeit one that looks like a train station and surrounding districts in a city that have been flattened in such a way that going up or down is the same as going forward.

If you have to ask, you cant afford it

i have to hand it to you, i didn't expect that as a response

>Sonic:SatAM
Every fucking time

When it comes to me one should expect me to say something unexpected and unusual. Especially between Sunday and Wednesday. Thursday through Saturday one should expect me to be unwilling to socialize or cooperate as that's when I end up going into my depressive state and generally I am very antisocial when I am depressed. Bipolar Depression when combined with Schizophrenia technically results in Schizoaffective disorder, the unpleasant combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder.
I don't care what anyone says, Jaleel White will always be Sonic the Hedgehog to me and Sonic the Hedgehog will always be the Michael Jackson of furries to me. All three were dear to my heart growing up and still today, regardless of what certain unpleasant people say, do, said or did.
And this is is what tempts me to adopt a name and tripcode policy, but I don't want people to be able to filter me. Plus I've been on this site since 2009, kind of prefer being anonymous.

How big is OFF?

65.8 mb

Pretty short.

Just finished the paid version of OneShot and the extra stuff.

Comparing it to the original, I like the changes and expansion to the world and narrative compared to the free version I played years ago. Really fleshed it out a lot more than the more barebones free version, especially the Refuge. But it definitely didn't have the impact on me that I had when I played that free version and whenever anyone fresh plays this for the first time. Kind of a shame, but nothing you can do about it.

And I know I'll get memed on for mentioning it, but it reminds me of an aspect of
Undertale. OneShot lets me do what I always wanted to do in UT, though: make sure EVERYONE is safe and free. And I really appreciate that this update does that, instead of wallowing in the "no you have to accept not everything can be fixed" attitude UT employs. So in that sense I actually like it better. Far more satisfying.

Anyway fuck that guy who kept obsessing over Niko a while ago, you should give it a go if you're into this kind of mushy stuff.

Only 4 zones

Sounds like something one could play in one sitting. I might have to do that on my channel. Not them mind you, but I too have been wondering about that game for a while. Speaking of these role-playing games, I am now losing hope in there being a release date for Omori that is sometime in 2017. That was one of the games I was absolutely hyped for, alongside GLITCHED which I am pleased to learn has an itch.io page.

enhousestudios.itch.io/glitched

They did release a demo and OMORI stated that they will be working on one at some point though they for whatever inane reason they decided to change engines from RPG Maker VX Ace to RPG Maker MV, which is something I don't really think one should do in the middle of development but that's probably just my insight into video games as a consumer of them.

That's cute. Should really give that game a shot.

What the fuck nigga

is Niko a cat

I was on board with "no they're not" until the game decided to literally make Niko utter confused cat noises.

Quern was fun. Any other good adventure/Puzzle games?

How would their offspring look like?

I am Autism, hear me Awareness Month.
Haven't played the game and I could tell that Niko was a cat and the girl he's with is a bird girl. Then again I wrote a 20 page research paper in my senior year English class on anthropomorphism in mythology and popular culture, which I got an A+ on. Then when I wanted to do one on steganography and data encryption my teacher said "Fuck it, A+, you don't have to take the final, just use my computer to play video games I just don't want you downloading any weird shit, someone has been using my computer to look up Pregnant Poppers again and I don't want to lose my job." Did the same thing when in my junior year algebra class the same guy - he taught several classes at that school - had the bright idea to let us play Craps with our grades and I won I think it was 50 times in a row, albeit without the bit about another student looking up Pregnant Poppers. Basically was a class on Neopets after that.
Birdcats.

Shut the fuck up nigger and talk about video games

You're not very nice. I'm going to go elsewhere now. I hope when I come back there's nice people.

Rekt

What is habbeding

Certainly not Grimoire, that's for sure.

That game is never going to come out

>the full version is never going to come out
ftfy

Got a key for this in a shovelware giveaway thread but this is actually pretty good.

Niko a cute!

Are there any /indie/ characters they would make quick friends with?

Hugo from OFF until he was bludgeoned to death

Well, I guess.

*confused cat noises*

Was struggling to think of a character that wouldn't just outright try and kill Niko, there's not that many out there

Why are the /indie/ games so violent?

Nothing wrong with comparing to Undertale. It's a very sound game mechanically and in what it sets out to do with storytelleing.

I am still not sure which eyes is the real set of eyes of the bird people.
I want to protect those smiles on her either way.

I thought they were both real, they certainly both emote

Unexpected greatness is the best.

>she can push block away
>niko can't
what did they meme by this

>>niko can't
Play the Solstice content.

Please suggest a game like Tyrian 2000.

I want to shoot things, and I'm tired of Touhou. I want explosions, aliens, money, upgrading weapons, and EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOONS

Guys, I really think Grimoire will be released soon.

I believe in Cleve.

It'll all be over soon.

>I believe in Ponzi

Haaa, he's an aussie. That's why.

>australia
It all makes sense now.

It is less a matter of Niko being unable to do it and more that he "literally never thought of it".

>astrocucks
what did he mean by this

Someone post the one where he talks about everyone on the gym being scare by hin.

him*

lol I need to see this

>scared
I think they were just cringing at his sight.

Found it.

Not vidya

100% completely vidya, fuck off

How can a person like this even exist.

Honestly this guy just seems like he has a talent for shitposting.

>"I was literally bounching people off"
When DSP will kill himself, I'll go for that guy.

No you fuck off to /v/ with the eceleb worship.

>worship
You seem confused.

Real talk, hiring petite females as security guards confuses the fuck out of me.

>they are trembling and smiling like frightened animals because they have seen me training

What the fuck is this shit.

Cross-fit

>good indie games

Probably crossfit.

The general rule is that if an exercise looks retarded, it's most likely crossfit.

Good choice, user.

Jesus Christ I've heard bad thing about it but this is fucking ridiculous. Why would anyone ever do that?

can you skip an entire season in stardew valley?
winter is fucking bullshit

actually the hitting a tire with a sledgehammer thing is legit(though they are hitting it the wrong way. youre supossed to basically swing it over your head and hit the tire, not what theyre doing.). i dont know the details behind it, but this is a thing that a lot of athletes in boxing and mma do. dunno about the other shit they do in that clip though, looks retarded.

Well you can repeatedly go to sleep...

Winter is an opportunity to do things besides farming. Go mine some shit.

Mine, give gifts, catch winter fish, enjoy some coffee

"As an example, it was always my intention that NPCs log useful entries in your quest book that are sensitive to context. I only had a couple instances of these but in the last two days have added about 92 additional notes by NPCs in the game to make sure the interactions are memorable."

He's literally not even fixing the game. He's still just developing it.

>added notes to your logbook to make sure that interactions are memorable
what?

youtube.com/watch?v=jpCUhvDdGrI

This is the best video ever.

Yeah, that shit is well into "just patch it later" or "already have done it in the last 20 goddamn years" territory.

It's funny because if you know something is written down and accessible, your brain knows to not bother committing it properly to long term memory.

Sounds like he's just throwing out shit that sounds good figuring people won't understand, similar to when he threw out that he had 10,209,373,739,829 issues in his bug tracker.

ie 323,737 years at a rate of one bug / second. Hope he can fix them as fast as he makes em! He is a neanderthal though so I guess it's possible.

Go to sleep.

what are some good creepy/horror indie games

vgperson.com/games/

Check the horror section.

Pathologic
Penumbra Series

Anatomy