Has your car ever competed in Motorsports?

Has your car ever competed in Motorsports?
If so, post a race car version of your shitbox.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3n8Cn_bc-Kw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There ya go.

Including rally? Literally every car has been rallied at some point.

it did aight

>the amount of supercars that can't participate in this thread

what went wrong

Apparently in some Canadian drag series.

Looks Mean

fugly

it even won some stuff

Picked a sedan version because hatches are easy with the ST/RS

looks weird

my guy

The Rabbit was competitive with other FWD cars but the Datsun 510 was superior in GT4.

>tfw you are just a roll cage and a harness away from a street legal race car

B A S E D

>tfw both of your vehicles race versions are nearly all rally cars

>pikes peak pickup truck
>no giant wing

god there goes my dick again

Yeahhh boiiiii

the rally version probably has nothing in common with the consumer one

>horrendous understeer followed by unrecoverable oversteer
>allays hits tree or falls off embankment
briddy good

No u

post ass we'll see
faggot

>these
>anything in common with a production car
Pick one.

Here you go

Sure did.

retarded fiat poster strikes again

>b-but that rally Focus has the same dna as my 70hp one!!!11

bwahahah
look at this gay shit, right is wider than the left side
not even mentioning the retarded window angle
this is a definition of an ugly car

wrong link lol

Almost fell for the bait

Based on Lada 2105, this is called Lada VFTS.
Didn't know that someone started to modify these to rally cars in large quantities in Lithuania.

Finland had some 2107's with a turbocharger called Konela Turbo Lada or something like that.
Apparently they had a Japanese IHI turbocharger and some better shocks and struts, they were like the cheapest turbocharged RWD car available in Finland during the early 80's and apparently quite fast too.

Yeah, pretty interesting car. They also said it being quite silent as well. I'll assume this having something to do with 2107 body and engine not having to work so hard thanks to its turbo.
Konela was importing Lada and other Soviet cars back in the day. I assume that they had great expertise on them since they had all sort of modified Ladas. You can only imagine just how rare these are. They are pretty much don't exist anymore as regular Ladas are rare sight on the street as well.
Another example would be Lada Rosso and Bianco. Last time seen was in nettiauto thirteen years ago (2004).

My old man actually had a Konela Turbo Lada for like 15 or so years as his "fun" car. The thing got rear ended by an Audi Q5 and pretty much decimated. He was fucking furious.

Plenty of Fiestas have been posted, so here's my last car.

Holy shit. I haven't read anything as infuriating as that for a long time. Not that Ladas were good cars in terms of build quality but Jesus Christ. He has the full right to be absolutely fucking furious. Another, one of kind Konela tuning Lada bites the dust. Rip

I plan to do the same if someone were to crash on my soviet made Lada. I'll give 'em hell.

He's an ex-commie, drove an old moskvich during his earlier years before hopping the fence.
From what I've heard, the Lada 2107 was the ULTIMATE driving machine for the commies and something only the wealthiest could afford, shit like the ZiL's and Volgas reserved for the Elite.

Funny story, he'd dreamed about a big Mercedes Benz when he was a kid. He owned an E55 AMG a few years ago and his first impressions were "well this is a load of shit" after he couldn't fix the fucked ignition himself. Had to take the thing to a shop where they reflashed the ECU and it started working properly.

fuck this too many pictures to post cya fags

These do ok

Nice try shill mine makes double that, the least powerful focus made about 90 which is the 2.0 SPI LX.
They never said it had to be a production car just the same model. It's a Ford Focus 1st gen, I drive a Ford Focus 1st gen.
Nice job revealing to everyone you drive a Fiat.

There is tongue-in-cheek saying of Lada 2107 being the "Siberian Mercedes" as it shares similarties with its large front grille. It seems that it had some truth in it.
>after he couldn't fix the fucked ignition himself
I can only imagine his frustration because modern cars are so different and they often require fixing via computer.

Ye, the waiting time for a 2107 was apparently almost two years at worst.
They aren't really that bad cars in the end. They're considered outright superior to the original Fiat, to the point that those lunatic Fiat fans sometimes stick Lada parts in their Fiats in a bid to make them reliable, which in turn destroys their value and gains the hatred of other lunatics.

>Nice job revealing to everyone you drive a Fiat.
You mean a much better car than yours? :^)

Plus grandfather Saabs were top tier in rally in the 40s and 50s

Neat

Theres a guy in Rally America that races a 60s Saab of some kind, pic related at my local event.
The thing has a pretty high strung 2 stroke engine, surprised me the first time I saw it

They are pretty much street cars in the BTCC fiesta champs. They strip them out, cage them and do minor engine mods (ITB's for the st150 platform)

of course!

Hello, and/or duh.

P10 didn't do as well as the P11, but it raced.

You just posted it

Sexy as fuck dude

Seems like, it's not even mazdaspeed, neither mine though.

Both of them

This is true for every car

Well kind of, but realistically to actually race your car needs to be eligible for a class that actually is ran and contended. Otherwise it's just driving on a track, not racing.

y tho

It never competed but it did exist

And the SW20 did race at Le Mans. I wonder if it would be possible to take a celica GT4 drivetrain and put it under and MR2

VEETACH MUSTARD FACE

>anything in common
the op literally says "race car version" you blind faggot

bread on hood now

there is this thing
manufactured 1996
first registration 20-08-96
modified by lotus ?-?-02
last known registration 01-12-03

1995 cc dohc engine 180+ bhp
237Kmh v max

Go little GTI go!

Pretty popular rally car in the 80's

Didn't it famously catch on fire this year at nürb?

>driving a diesel fiat

top lel.

apparently

gladly

Yeah, they did well too.

>tfw

yup

since someone already posted the touring car version
youtube.com/watch?v=3n8Cn_bc-Kw

Is that really the same guy who drove these, Nobihiru 'Monster' Tajima?

Maybe it's intentional, he seems to know aero pretty well...

Rotarys are unreliable and yet they win endurance racing ;?¿?

Fiat Panda

Yugo?

>Good at physically holding together at high RPM for a day.
>Host of other problems that affect long term reliability over the course of years.