Only have $20 for gas

>Only have $20 for gas
>Stop handle
>$20.01

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have a penny? Leave a penny. Need a penny? Take a penny.

This is why you pay inside before filling dumbass

>only have $20 for gas
>Tell attendant to put $20 worth in
>Only get charged $20
Tfw Oregon

>tfw lived in oregon most of my life
>tfw taken engines apart and don't even know how to pump own gas

I refuse to stop for gas in NJ no matter what the price because fuck not pumping my own gas.

Commies get fucked.

>2017
>Still using physical cash

>Swipes card
>Card gets skimmed
Tyrone buys Xbox and sells it for half price

>report fraud
>bank refunds your money

>Jammal sells your credit card info on the black market for pennies on the dollar

globalist spotted

wait. it's a state thing?
it's mandated by the state guvment to have somebody pump your gas?
how the hell do you merilards ever call europe commy? we don't have state-issued jobs for decades.

>ring ring
hello
>A YO IT TYRONE
uh wat
>HOL UP I'S GETTING BUSY
hello?
>I JUST BUYS SOME XBOX ON YO CARD WHITEBOI
*click*

>hello, bank?
yes this is bank
>can have my money back?
we put a hold on your account

What does digital money have to do with globalism? Not talking about crypto

>Bank cancels your card after fraud report
>Receive new card
>Tyrone gets v&

Each state is supposed to be basically it's own country except for the things it gives up to be part of the union. The federal government doesn't make rules about who can pump the gas. Consequently, a few retarded states make up rules that you can't pump your own gas. It's like gun laws that way.

Solution? It's drop-dead easy to move to a state that doesn't suck.

>tfw I can diagnose and fix even pretty complex electrical issues in automotive.
>tfw I know how to take out and reprogram your ECM
>tfw I can't change oil

How can you not change oil? You just literally take out the drain plug, let it empty, replace the oil filter, put plug back in, and refill.

A 10 year old could change oil

>moving state over being able to pump your own fuel
Literally autism.

>implying I've ever lived in joisey
But moving from NY to PA has me thinking I'll probably never go back. Never thought about arbitraging state laws until I spent some time living with the differences.

I've literally done it once in my life. And i sucked at it. Took me like 30 mins to do, and I nearly forgot to change the oil filter.

I like electrical systems better anyway

>stop in NJ for gas (NH plate)
>Attendant tops off tank as I ask
>"That will be 17.72 plus tip*
>Hand him $20.00 (smallest bill I had)
>Don't receive any change
>Walks off to next pump
>o-ok

It was in my trade school for Toyota and I also used TIS to make sure i did it right

Dude every first try at something goes wrong. Were you molested as a child or something?

>Has to have his hand held by the gov every step of the way

are you retarded?

Well I haven't really had another chance to do it since. The last 3 months was spent in electrical and Preventive maintenance. July was the first time I've ever changed oil.

>Not that guy but opposite for me
Everything goes great first time
Next time everything goes to shit

Yes ;_;

What was so hard saying 19$ is ok or even 18$
Tips aren't necessary or are they?

Nah, but I'm not making life-changing decisions based on how my fuel gets in my car, or whether or not I have a front plate.

Tyrone sells maryjewana spots white boi dating girl he wants to fuck long dick style shoots white boi

IME if you do your own work you just have to accept that you're going to fuck something up once in a while.

What I came to conclude is that even if you take it to a shop they're going to fuck it up and then it costs you twice as much to pay them to fuck it up for you. I'd rather put the money toward investing in tools and skills.

Tipping the gas boy is expected. It's pretty much understood that if you give him a $20 in that case then that's the tip unless you're going to be a Jew about it (common in New Jewsey, so the gas boys know how to play it)

>not having digital pumps that let you set the amount of money you're willing to spend

must suck living in a third world shithole

>Tips aren't necessary or are they?
I thought you had to tip for everything in America? At least that's what I did when I went there on holiday. Have I been bamboozled? I left a 10% tip on every purchase where tipping was an option.

15% is customary you Jew.

And I don't know what you bought but tips are only for if there's a service worker doing shit for you, like a server at a restaurant, a delivery boy, a gas boy, that sort of thing.

I completely agree, but I'm going to be screwed once I get finished with my classes finally and get a job as a lube pit bitch.

>Why should I hire you sir?
Well, I'm a master certified diesel mechanic. I have all 8 truck ASEs. I spent two and a half years at the Clearfield job corps center and received extensive experience in electrical, preventive maintenance, steering and suspension, brakes, etc etc.
>Wow, well why don't you go change the oil in that truck over there and I'll get your paperwork straight away.
Uhh, well I'm kind of bad at changing oil....
>.....

Imagine being a service manager trying to hire me.

Sounds like your the jew JEW!

Why don't you just get a shitbox and start wrenching on it already?

That's literally how I started. Dad sold me his old heap when I got old enough to drive. I drove it down to the store to buy a Haynes manual. I drove it to the Sears to buy some Crapsman wrenches. I started taking it apart to see how it worked inside.
>????
PROFIT!

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1

video of the roadster accelerating. holy crap

Because I'm still at job corps where you make absolutely no money and even if you have it, you're not allowed to have a car on center. Oh yeah, we live here. It kinda sucks.

I literally quit my first real job after 2.5 days because they wanted me to go live in their thing and get brainwashed for 10 weeks. That was good money, too.

One of the best decisions of my life. I subsequently loaded the most important of my worldly possessions into my shitbox and drove my life hundreds of miles away to reboot somewhere else. Everything went better than expected.

Are you serious? Tipping somebody to do the job they are legally obligated to do? The gas station pays them, not me.

I don't mind tipping even if the service is kinda bad, but when people ask for a tip it makes my blood boil.

Thank god I live in Canada, where $20.01 equals $20 when paying in cash.

>Not paying the gas at the register before using the pump.

Gas boys basically don't exist these days as other than mandated employees. So that's one of the grey areas as we transition from free market to central planning. You might be too young to remember when children did things like that to offer a convenience to garner business.

But I do agree that asking for tips is sub par. One way to know not to tip is if there's a jar that says "tips appreciated :)" or if they ask for a tip. Tipping is entirely at the discretion of the customer, except in cases where it's an under-the-table bribe.

That's like in every state dude.

>you're a jew!
>normal jobs in my country don't even get minimum wage!

hmmmmmmmmmmm

UBI is for Jews.

>Not having a Card Controls app for your credit card which lets you set parameters of when your card gets approved or denied

Ascend to my level

>free country
>have to tip everyone or their child's death is your fault
>stinkin jews gettin paid a fair wage for their work! so what if they can't afford anything new and nice, they're still jews!

iirc they lobbied to make that an actual job. Might as well pay people to dig and fill up holes

>free country
>tip if you want to
If you don't get paid fair then why would you want that job? How about you organize a general strike? Isn't that what unions are for?

You're from New York moving to PA? Be ready to get kicked from any bar or restaurant here, people here hate new yorkers

As well they should. NY expats are a toxic cancer.

Took me a few years to begin to adapt, but I love it here in Bestern PA. Have to learn how to leave it behind.

Nah, tipping isn't required anywhere in the US. A few betafags still do it at restaurants but always remember to disregard them IRL and on Veeky Forums. Tips can be given for exemplary service, but nobody depends on them. Anyone saying "we get paid below minimum wage" is usually lying for tourist money. Nobody gets paid below minimum wage in the US; the employer would have lawsuits up the ass.

>But at restaurants--
You get minimum wage if not tipped. Which is all you should be getting, really.
>But if we don't get tipped we can get fired!
Then fuck off and get a skill like how hard is this shit for you waiterfags to figure out.

>mfw in australia it rounds to nearest 5 cents
>you can get 20.02 of petrol and only pay $20

same in Canada now that we've ditched the penny

No, you ditched the penny because the Jews inflated your currency away to steal your wealth. When I was a child three pennies would buy me gum at the barber shop, and that was regarded as expensive.

It's literally the beginning of Zimbabwe with their trillion dollar notes.

Do you ahve a job

Yes. Also used to work as a waiter.

>Calling someone foreign to the US a jew for not tipping
>Literally bending over and getting fucked in the ass by employers and perpetuating the tipping meme so they can maximize profits and get away with paying less then minimum wage in most cases

Nigga, that's dumb.

>not rounding it down to the nearest 5 cents worth
>first world "country"

straya here

its so fucking weird i dont understand it either

>Enjoy new Xbox

If you upset the dystopian future gubmint it would be easy peasey to change your account to being worth nothing in an instant

>press the 20 dollar button on the pump
>*beep*
>start filling
>it flies past 20

>pull up to pump
>wave mastercard over tap spot
>pump gas, any amount
>leave
>get 5% cashback on credit card because I'm not some pleb paying with cash

Who else wants to hang niggers from their entrails?

>get cash back
>cash is for plebs

Brilliant.

>implying that money isn't already worthless, and your wealth is ultimately at the mercy of the market and government

Remove cheesesteak from the premises

stay in your drug addled white trash mountain nigger neighborhood

user my celica has a shirt somewhere leading to the brake light it's burned out 2 switches so far
I'll change your oil if you fix my wires what do you say Ole buddy ole pal

>I don't do it and therefore is not a skill! My economic position is average because I'm the one experiencing it! Fuck I sure love sipping on cum soup!

Can't believe you typed all that out loud

>Waiting tables is a skill because I do it!
Ayy no.

Yeah at a taco Bell but go to a nice restaurant and see everything the waiter does for you. Even if you don't want to get off your high horse after that realize that they are also running a ton of things behind the scenes that you can't see, and managing a dozen other tables you don't know about. It's a skill, regardless if whether you designate it as one or not.

That is a working man-pupper don't you make fun of him

I've waited tables before m8, and I know how busy it can get at higher end places where the waitstaff actually have to tend to tables more than at Applebee's. The obligation still doesn't fall upon the diner to make sure the waiter is paid adequately for their job; it falls upon the restaurant. If so many waiters think they are underpaid for their skill, take it up with the restaurant industry employers, not people trying to enjoy their meals. The quickest way to determine the value of your skill is to see how expensive you can become before you're let go. The current restaurant model needs to crash and burn anyway.

>only have €25 on card account left
>need to fill up
>can't get more than €15 in

FUCK THIS SHIT

you need a PIN for my card

i never understood why credit cards didnt require a PIN like bank access/debit cards do

waiting tables is an easy job but even easy jobs still deserve to be paid a living wage 2bh

its busboys and bartenders that are really in the shit. and servers too if theres seperate waitresses and serving teams (which is surprisingly common)

what

>pull up to pump
>swipe card
>CARD SWIPED TOO FAST PLEASE TRY AGAIN
>swipe card
>PLEASE ENTER WHAT TYPE OF CARD THIS IS
>enter
>PLEASE ENTER ZIP-CODE
>enter zip-code 1 number off
>series of very loud beeps
>INVALID ZIP-CODE ENTERED, THIS MACHINE HAS BEEN DISABLED PLEASE STAND BY FOR A STATION ASSOCIATE TO REACTIVATE PUMP

why

Where I live we never had kids that would offer to pump your gas, but we definitely had the ones that would go door to door offering yard work for some cash

Because America. The rest of the civilised world uses chip+pin or NFC for smaller transactions

The change of getting your card compromised is so much lower than with a mag stripe and even if it is compromised it's the bank's money and not yours. Just call them and get a new card issued

>tfw bank has to give me good boy points to make me use the card instead of just paying in cash
lel rabbis

because apparently you live in a 3rd world country full of criminals

I live in an apartment with an strict "no working in your cars" rule. I got charged a $100 fine for changing my air filter and my room mate got fined for topping off the windshield washer fluid, but managed to brush it off after taking it to the police.

And that attitude is how poor people stay poor

How so? I just pull another $500 out of the ATM once in a while. The points ain't shit but tricks and hoes because just about the only thing worthwhile to do with them is get an Amazon gift card, and using Amazon just makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

And with cash the retailer doesn't have to pick up the additional cost of running a card.

You can't build equity that way

Why would I build equity using a fucking credit card? That's like the
>oops I'm poor and I need a pre-approved loan to cover until next pay day
solution

>build a good credit score by paying off your card every month
>get benefits from higher end cards
>use your credit score to get a great deal on a mortgage
>buy a house in an area where it'll appreciate
Wowsers

In what country do they still let you pump gas before paying or swiping your card?

>go into debt over and over again
>this guy looks responsible lets give him a loan
A M E R I C A

That's not equity. That's a good goy score. Last time I bought a loan to buy a car I got declined up and down because I hadn't bought a loan for anything in like a decade. kek. So much for good goy scores. idgaf it was only to get around a technicality not buying it outright.

Why make parasitic bankers richer when I can take a loan within the family and make the family richer?

Having working as cashier for my whole adult life (yeah I know) nobody cares if you're missing a couple of cents after a shift. Just pretend you had a coin around and lost it and the cashier will say "whatever, doesn't matter man".

germany for example