And it begins

and it begins

instagram.com/p/BbmWZyvBW7v/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GhAiNvN4Nxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>$316K vaporware that will not arrive till late 2021+

>316k
I thought model 3 pre buyers were bad. Why are teslacucks this fucking retarded?

fuck soyboys

>316k

what the fug

also that side profile is fucking hideous compared to the pics on tesla’s site lmao

super cheap. Tesla could sell them for 2mil and they'd sell great

>tony bet
Literally who?

can you imagine the bitching if a 2 million dollar car isn't absolutely perfect though? That's Bugatti/Rolls money.

>fanboys
>huge waste of money

They will defend their decision till their death.

Imagine how many miats you could buy for 300k

The absolute madman did it...

I just signed up. But the wire transfer won't get

I would rather buy 991 GT2 with that kind of money

I would too but then I couldn't afford to maintain it

>tfw I think the new roadster looks great, especially considering its a tesla meme machine

If you have that much money to spend on a car, you have money to maintain it.

Anyone else actually hope that Tesla does fairly well so that they add competition to companies and create an EV vs. ICE war?

these fags autism level is too high to accept innovation and competition

you dumb fucking poorfaggot, the type of person buying a 200k car can own both.

I really wish people would quit thinking that the two technologies are mutually exclusive.

>car for the affluent
>trying to compete on stats with models that are 1M$+
peanuts

Little big for a """""roadster""""" isn't it?

I have to admit, I actually like the side profile and rear. The front looks like complete dogshit in typical Tesla fashion tho, and I really worry that they won't be able to get it down to a reasonable weight unless they have a major advancement in battery tech before it's out.

>2 millions for a car that will be delayed over and over again, that might run into loads of technical difficulty, that relies completely on technology we have never seen age at all
Yeah, no.

HOnestly I'm just waiting for EVs that aren't either massively expensive, unpractical novelty or boring cityboxes

>have to wait 4 fucking years before one rolls off the assembly line
>musk and teslafags a tually thing other car companies won't be able to surpass these performance specs within the next 4 years before this thing is even released

I can NOT.
Just cannot.

I rather buy a 340i and have money for a home and money to maintain the bmw for the next 10 years and buy a new one to maintain for the next 10 years.

nobody cares. People who buy $200k cars already have homes that are worth way more or at least have 10x the networth you stupid lil cuck soyboy

Wait, I thought the pricing starts at 200 grand. You're telling me the top-end version will be over 300 grand? Fuck that, I would rather get myself a Ferrari, McLaren, or a Huracan at that point. Especially when its in 2020, who knows what the fuck 0-60 speeds these super car manufacturer puts out.

he's Canadian, mate. 316k CAD is 250k USD (the founder's edition price)

If I had $200000 to play around with then I'd probably reserve one. I don't though.

Is there an existing tire in the world that can handle what this thing promises?

My guess is it'll end up being a $50k tire change.

They're Pilot Sport Cup 2's

>I would rather buy 991 GT2 with that kind of money
>and then get passed by some faggot soyboy in a silent, soulless electric car that goes 0-60 in fucking nothing.
ICEs, w-weren't a mistake, r-right?

>straight line speed is everything
look at this fag

Agreed. The roof is too long to make room for the rear seats that are probably useless anyway. Should have been a two seater.

>pass him in the first corner
>soyboy overheats trying to catch up and then complains on twitter how ICE drivers are try-hards and awful for the planet, and that the roadster isn't a track car so it doesn't matter

Should have three seats.
One for the driver, once for his wife, one for his wife's son.
But that would actually be an original idea so don't count on Tesla for this.

Company can't manage current demand and is announcing a new car. They are intentionally fueling manufactured scarcity in order to maintain hype which fuels the share value.

So, he's giving a $316k cnd interest-free loan to Tesla? (and trusting they don't go out of business before he gets his car).

I suppose he has money to lose if he's buying this, but christ...

>fleece idiots out of $1000 deposits for your vaporware car
>everyone predicts it will never be built
>they were right
>handful of cars built, all have problems
>running out of money and years behind schedule
solution:
>fleece idiots out of $250,000 deposits for another vaporware car

Musk is a genius

More than you can afford, pal

Man when you put it in perspective like that it really is a Ponzi scheme, isn't it?

Sure, but you'd be slower

>take my new Tesla meme-machine to a trackday
>overheat in 2 laps
>spend rest of the track day wishing I had brought a real sportscar

Holy fuck what a bar of soap dildo that car looks from side.

You could buy 10 classic cars for that price and quadruple your money before the soymobile arrives.

Is it a targa? It needs to have some dumb roof gimmick.

What I can't get over is the fucking steering "wheel." Why isn't it a wheel?

Are most corvettes roof gimmicks?

Street legal F1 car

The people who buy this car aren't going to be F1 drivers.

I mean it's a Tesla, they just can't have a normal targa roof, it needs to be "Falcon door" complicated.

>""""""""classic"""""""" cars
>LITERALLY hoarding relics of the past
Lmao, how incredibly fitting for a luddite like you
Tesla is the future and you know it

You're right, they'll be faster

I sincerely hope the kind of generic design and shit craftsmanship Tesla is famous for is not the future.

(You)

Is that dogger healthy? I cant imagine that long of a nose not causing problems.

>Street legal F1 car
That's what you want in a car you'll need to park : a steering wheel you can't properly steer because it's designed for track use!

Their "cars as a service" philosophy certainly is

It's a Tesla, they've got the most advanced self-driving systems on the market, do you really think you'll have to park it yourself?

yes

>I love this new meme :)

>hurrr you have to be famous to have money

dumb fuck

>do you really think you'll have to park it yourself?
When the "self-driving' stops working or doesn't function properly because you're not on a perfectly flat surface with clearly defined edges and angles, of course you'll have to.

honestly wasn't even thinking like this but it makes sense now. guaranteed the people who buy the roadster are funding the 3 series failure.

Elon "Ponzi" Musk

they kind of are
the expertise, talent, manufacturing pipeline, everything is different between ICE and EV drivetrains, and it's hard to convert a gas car to be electric after the gas car's already been designed.
i mean you can do it but it's expensive and inefficient from an r&d perspective

>Street legal F1 car
A wild 90° turn appears.

>paying full price for a car you won't get in 3 years, IF the car company is still afloat by then
I took out a free loan for my car. I guess I'm not smart enough to give the car company a free loan instead.

>Buying miatas instead of 100 3K civics

You could build a house out of 3K civics

Tesla is the thinking man's car company.

>not buying 600 Twingos for 300k

top lel

>tfw too brainlet/unsuccessful to give a meme car company an interest free loan

10000Nm torque, is over 7000 lbf, and 3000+ hp. Huh, that's quite a bit for this roadster.

The P.T. Barnum of our age.

lel

Its bullshit smoke and mirrors. But hey people will lap it up and he scam that many more people out of their money.

how can ICEs even hope to compete?

Honestly the greatest part about retards buying this car are the insane amount of tickets they're going to get, the amount if licenses suspended or even revoked and the amount of crashes all because they fell for the 0-60 1.9s meme and 280mph top speed.

damn lol triggered

>thinking big daddy musk will let you go over the speed limit
I wouldn't be surprised if it was limited to 100 or something retarded like that. Were talking about a company that hates driving so much that they want to make their cars drive themselves.

I'd love to see a dyno chart proving that.

By sticking some strong internals and a turbo on a junkyard engine?

youtube.com/watch?v=GhAiNvN4Nxk

Only F1 can compete, barely anyway. It will be interesting to see the Roadster in the Indy 500.

Can a dyno even go that high, these are dragster type numbers.

>not production
sperg more

I don't mean in the same car, I mean tesla fanboys want electric cars to be the only kind of car you can buy and people who like internal combustion think that if electric cars become even slightly common that's exactly what will happen.

And European politicians have guaranteed that that is going to be the case.

I just want people to decide whats best for them and to be able to obtain that.

you can't trust people to decide what's best, as they will always choose their own short-term gain over long-term gain of everyone

Not always, but when it comes to car choice I don't think it makes much difference. Electric cars over their lifetime pollute about half as much as an ICE car, thats it, and 15 cargo ships pollute as much as all the cars on the planet. There's nothing to be gained here, only losses limited. Even the most optimistc theories seems to say the planet is screwed even if we stopped all emissions. There's basically only one way to restore the old natural order and that is to partially block out the sun and kill off almost everyone.

And there is actually a way to get people thinking about the long term, but we'd have to destroy much acclaimed changes in what people are allowed to do. Its simple really, end no fault divorce, and make voting based on N identical ballots for the N adult members of each household. When people are forced to care about their families they'll think more long term.

But fixing either problem is a pipe dream. So unless people show they're willing to do things like they, they should leave my choice of vehicles alone. I want my electric car to have a 100 mile battery range and the rest of it from some kind of liquid or gas fueled generator. And if no one is willing to build that for me for money, I should at least be allowed to construct such a thing myself.

I have no idea what this guys job is. All his posts are about him or him and Drake driving hundred thousand dollar cars

>take a semi,
>stretch out the chassis.
>move the battery to keep the weight smack in the middle.
>build a custom RV body while keeping the aero cab.
>Have a coach RV that can go well over 500 miles per charge. Will 0-60 in 10 seconds.
>lots of battery power to run the hotel loads. camp anywhere.
>rv parks all have 240v 50 amp electrical hook ups. so you can recharge in a day.

Wheel torque includes the gear reduction.

Now that sounds way more practical. I'd buy that.

to be fair, for 90% of people if their car was electric they wouldn't care as long as isn't inconvenient

tesla or not, 0-60 in 1.9 seconds is nothing to sneeze at

put drag rubber or race slicks on it.

well, the tesla roadster isn't really a production car either

Heh I run those on my car, not cheap but I do love them.

I hope 0-60 isn't the only thing it's fast at, I want this thing to get to 100MPH in the blink of an eye. I want payback against those literbike gods.

>muh only important metric

Yeah yeah, whatever, I don't want to take 8 seconds to get to highway speed when merging on the interstate.

>do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds
>do 60-80 in 3 seconds
>do 80-100 in 4 seconds
>do 100-125 (computer limited speed) in 5 seconds

>meanwhile a winking miata drifts around you at 130MPH

>when some random fag on Veeky Forums is more innovative than an entire vaporware company