Final Fantasy General DCXLII - /ffg/

>General info on Final Fantasy games
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
KING’S KNIGHT announced for Mobile & MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV for PSVR
Episode Ignis Trailer: youtu.be/_sRPZzWeric
Brotherhood episodes: pastebin.com/Q7Efb9F2

>FF XI
July update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52835
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FF XIV
Stormblood Trailer
youtu.be/Acf6lPBNXOU

>DFF NT
youtu.be/bUkhDTVAOko

>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit#gid=1211382974
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11vnPui7vWmEcky7XK5XFMf6TWCIDWIOBJykStFwR5KE
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/XxJuYdTE

>Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
How to JP: pastebin.com/91MEQ6wW
GL FAQ: pastebin.com/c43qGvi6
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10

>MOBIUS Final Fantasy
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/nGC6BJ84

>Other game information
pastebin.com/xMVaH4Hv

Next time fucking watch the reply count.

you lazy fucks

>letting the void take us
FUCK YOU

Anyways...
I was in the /v/ thread and something came up so
I have this question:
Is FFIV: The After Years bad?

>is a spin off cash grab bad?

yes

No it's not bad but it really doesn't offer anything you couldn't get from just replaying FFIV.

Absolutely awful. One a very select few FF games I haven't played through to completion, and IV was my favorite in the series. The absolute peak of the game is porom's new design

I had no idea some of the ancient egyptians were so ugly

It wasn't that far past bump limit and how was anyone supposed to predict this would happen?

All a part of Exdeath's grand master scheme

Took multiple pulls and some gems, but I got it. It was a perfect pull, too - both relics were exactly what I wanted. Though Yda's burst on the first banner would be nice to have as well.

Seems my monks are my strongest in this game. Multiple relics for each of them, and I wound up diving pretty much all of them.
>Master Monk
>Refia
>Jecht
>Zell
>Raijn
>Vayne
>Galuf
>Josef
>Snow
>Yang
>now Yda
Even Tifa has at least her early game "uniqe" tier SB relic. All I'm missing is... Amarant, I think?

Cuck is consistently the one that gets targeted the most.

I got ambushed and every single one of these wolves attacked him.

It only got bumped out early because some idiot made like 15 lovelive threads and the janitors didn't do their jobs

The story is ok, it's the gameplay that's truly fucking awful. It's pretty much the opposite of X-2.

So between Chizuru and Setzer who is the better one to take for chaining? I guess Rikku can also be on the list since I managed to get a second one.

>expert

Fuck this is actually challenging

Can anyone help me understand the USB/BSB comparison?

USB seem to be the hot shit right now but even the couple I have I just don't know how to use them effectively. They are obviously really good when you use it, but then you are left back to lifesiphon/shit spamming for several turns while BSB give you these (at least most of the time) really nice commands that synergize to use in between SB charges

Setzer, he has more hits with his Red Card.

I have played neither.
Please explain.

Cool cool, thank you.

Don't cross slash me or my son ever again.

Is IV not like that? People seem to forget how linear and non-customizable I and IV are. II and III are only marginably better.

Now that I think about it, VI is only redeemed due to it's many characters (aka ability variety like Tools and Blitz) and only really expands once Espers are acquired. Same exact thing for VII and onwards, except with no special skills like VI had. FF is essentially an Attack pressing simulator, which at least in genres like action games you can combo and shit. One of the reasons I really like V.

No

>tfw your Fryevia hits over 800 MAG

we're all gonna make it bros

USBs aren't particularly specific. There are some that hand out "EX mode", which empowers certain actions, like Vaan's boost's thief ability damage, and Cloud's boosts crit damage, and grants 100% crit rate. But there are also some that just give out buffs like Lenna's which gives 3K HP stock and boosts all stats, and Y'shtola's, which gives phys/magic evade and lowers her cast times or something shitty like that.
BSBs are always: Effect + grant new actions replacing Attack and Defend.
It really depends on the break and the situation, on which ones you use. There will always be shitty soul breaks, including USBs, but most BSBs are safe and are typically really good. Most.

The individual episodes are boring as sin but the final dungeon is kinda fun, it's also by far the most challenging FF game yet which is fun in the final dungeon
So pretty much what I'm saying is that half the game is a disaster and the other half is alright,
and yes believe it or not the final dungeon itself is about as long as the individual episodes combined
The story is also really fucking stupid

I gets a pass because it was the first and innovative for its time. IV too gets a pass because it was meant to be babby's first RPG.

Demon Killer Materia stacks with the Demon Killer Ability from the Sun Barrette?

It sure would be nice if we could get more Mobius discussion going in here.
Like maybe from someone who plays the JP version and has cool jobs and has played it for quite some time.

There is a benefit to it. IV being non-customizable allows it to be the most balanced game in the franchise.

You better be dual wielding

Alright thanks. The situation I'm struggling with in particular is for my healers (the only one I really have a USB for atm). If I bring my USB healer I really really like the USB (its selphie) but as soon as I use it I am just sitting there with protect that I don't have to refresh or a heal that I could use but it has limited uses.

But my other healer Sarah has her BSB and after I use the BSB its not as good, but the commands are really good and even if I don't really need healing her command two (the aoe heal) is good to top off, and her command 1 is great and they both can get me through to the next BSB refresh for sure

Of course.

Killers stack as long as they're from different sources, but you get diminishing returns the more you add

USBs are more like general boosts and supports. BSB are like that, except with a more active role with the burst commands.Depends on not only the relic, but the situation.

Like Vaan's Burst and Ultra. His burst is a Breakdown, same goes for commands. He'll be doing average damage for each one. But his USB increases his theif capabilities alot, as well as a one-off Breakdown (just once like the initial burst, no burst commands to further it). Depends on not only the relic, but the situation.

Or Vanille's. USB is healing stock of 2000 HP, debuff blink, and Protectga/Shellga. Great for opening fights as well as for bosses with lots of status effects. Her Burst instantly heals a lot, 1st command is 2 attacks which lower resistance, and 2nd slightly heals all allies. Great for raw healing.

Good shit anonymous. Hopefully I'll join you in a month and a half.

Jesus fuck. I spent 90 minutes on grinding alone. More than I needed probably, but now I have Thundara and Heal. Time to move out.

I have 513 ATK on my DW lasswell bcause I'm going to take on Fina's Trial, so Im fine going with both or a +10% ATK is better than DK materia?

>The story is also really fucking stupid
Could you summarize it for me?

>Omega Weapon nightmare boss
>ignores resistance AND resistance buffs

I'm supposed to go with an all 99 party, right?

>tfw no Genji Glove, second Fryevia's Needle or Magistral Crest
Past the 800 mark though and almost finished with my 3rd L&A

I'm down with that. What are you job mains and how far along are you in the story?

On Chapter 4 Part 1 myself, and I use Rogue, Warrior, SOLDIER, and Devout. Though with that special draw I got Red Mage, and it's damage is a lot better than Devout's. Might be using it a lot.

>choose your roaming warrior kupo!
how about you suck my cock dude

>yams cuck hercule no
All we need is Corey and the story is complete

How does that even happen?

Going two with sources is the way to go, it's way better than a 10% materia

no

>the rest of the list

Good rule of thumb is: If you see new magic, grind to get it. It allows you to stay at a healthy level where you are currently at.

that boss goes down petty easy.
use exorcising blade to take out a nice chunk of health.

Finally got champion by switching tyro for vanille BSB. Screw that last phase though

What do you wanna talk about bb

>missed one at the top

It's happened to me before. It's really baffling.

Not him but

>a mysterious girl with incredible magic powers attacks the world
>she fucks up most of the nations, brainwashes cecil and puts the entire world into turmoil again
>you play as cecil's son and a bunch of other guys from IV (some new, some old) as they try to make sense of what's going on and stop this woman
>they do a bunch of zany and generally unmemorable sidequests
>much later, it's revealed that the girl's just one of many clones, sent by a mysterious entity from the moon (yes, again) and it's up to the party to get there and beat him up themselves!
>once you get to the moon, it's revealed to be a past gauntlet of FF bosses from across the series. Yes, even shit like Gilgamesh and Ultros and the Phantom Train. I'm not joking
>after you fight through them all (seriously there are like 40 of them) you confront the big bad guy yourself! it's revealed his whole plan was about finding the ultimate life form or some shit and it's implied he created humanity. you beat his ass
>the end

I'm barely even generalizing here. It's almost comically bad

after breaking and all that of course

Is that the new character at the bottom?

ok, thanks, I want to do all the story trials today just and decided to start with Fina's, then Rain's and Lasswell's at the end.
there's something I need to know for the ither two?

Tifa is here.

Yup, Princess Sarah just got added as a character in JP. She has no Onion job at the moment, just this legend job based on XIV's Bard and a regular job that I don't have.

Then what? The five or six attempts(all lv80 combats with BSBs, minus Cloud with OSB + lv87 Porom for heals) were met with either rape in the first phase, or rape early in the second.

Having only your own equipment for damage mitigation kinda sucks.

Alien invasion happens
Now we get to see how every character handles the situation with their own episode and all the characters are jobbers with the exception of Golbez and Fusoya
The crystals were actually spy cameras set there by the aliens to see what humans were up to and count the amount of humans living in the world so in case they advance too much they would go back to exterminate them just to make sure they don't threaten the universe with their Spiral power

>he doesn't have Titan

Currently I'm mainning the breaker monk that has brick gloves, Devout, and Occultist.
I like Occultist.

Do you whale?
Or is that just from farming magicite?
I mean, I'm assuming you can also use magicite in JP to do pulls, right?

Shit I replied to the wrong post.

Do I go up or down?

How come Snow's card has 9*?

Yes

of the three, lasswell's is probably the toughest.
if you are using sakura or jake, load them up with health and keep up sakura's damage mitigation.
you can only debuff his attack, but it's a good idea to do so, also dispel his buffs he throws up if he is hitting you a little too hard for your taste.

down

I haven't spent any money on this game. In JP you can get magicite randomly from battles but it's also guaranteed loot from treasure chests, so if you start a new account and blow through the story chapters you end up accruing a lot of magicite and summon tickets really fast. Then I spent most of my resources last month when they reprinted a lot of the legend jobs for the game's second anniversary.

The same reason the Sephiroth card is 9*, custom skill panels. Jobs with Hall of Fame updates go up to 12* when you have all four custom skill panels applied.

At least Cecil's head doesn't explode and get revived by being facefucked, right?!

No, he just gets brainwashed for 90% of the game, but who cares because Ceodore is better anyway

>Ashe gets a light imperil added to her chain
>only it's not a light element move
Is it literally so she can pair better with Rasler?

>tfw I never get two dupes of a 6* weapon
>literally no fucking clue what to use rosettas on

Reminder that The After Years was also originally an episodic series.

ok one down, two left.
I'm using Rain, Lasswell, Jake, Fina and Sakura.
what a letdown, I tought Fina's Insignia enabled anyone to use the MP refresh, I guess Tilith will have her Gold Armlet will stay a little longer.

The 3D remake removes the entirety of the FF boss gauntlet.

Overstrikes

Second reroll. Let me specify this time, how is she in the current JP?

I was half drunk the other day and spent like 50 rosettas on various +element weapons like Seph BSB, Agrias OSB and FFV Icebrand.

Do you reckon I should save my tickets and magicite for the GL anniversary in a month or two or should I try for Gabranth this week?
I'll only have enough for like 5 or 6 pulls. But That Job was pretty much the reason I started playing mobius. I would have had more because I had saved summon tickets since I began playing last october but in new years I caved and spent like 5 pulls because of the way they had put limited jobs behind paywalls and I was close to dropping it. And then a few months they also announced the job pool draw coming to a close so I again spent quite a lot of tickets emptying it.

>decide to give orbfest farming a rest, now that I think I got all my important shit to 80 at least
>go do JENOVA gauntlet
>Cloud(OSB, 80)/Zack(BSB, 80)/Aerith(BSB, 80)/Tyrone(wall, 99)/Faris(USB, 99), with OK's BSB for hastega
>if I kill the first one fast enough, it's no biggie
>second phase has double attacks, get rekt every time
>manage to survive it in once of my many attempts and get to phase 3
>kills both of my DPS guys almost immediately

I didn't wanted that MLIII anyway.

Rain's trial down, I guess WoL will be happy with Rain's Insignia, one more left!

This must be the first dungeon. What should I be wary of? Stone? Poison?

nothing

Encounters out the ass.

It's up to you, we really don't know what to expect for the GL anniversary and Judge is going to permanently be in the summon pool so it's not like you have to blow everything trying to get him this week. I'm going to pull trying to get Ashe in JP at least, not sure about GL since I'm also low on tickets from emptying the job pool.

I don't see how you could be losing with Wall and a healing BSB.

you can do it senpai

Sorry for the bother but I have to ask if I should reroll this.

Did you use dispel on jenova? Also you have to apply breakdown on every Jenova

I'm worried than when DFFOO comes people won't switch to it from RK and it'll be like with mobius, with only 3 or 4 people playing it at any one time.
Especially since I've held off from starting my RK save again ever since I dropped it about a month into playing it after release.
What do?