Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV9GemiW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo! mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27
The Long Road demo: gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740
Random Game of the Week | Hero's Realm
rpgmaker.net/games/9906/

/rpgmg/ Collab Project: mediafire.com/file/qtat9xy1p1215dh/CollabProj-3_5.rar
Part 5 slot OPEN (Volunteer or else)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/marcus-dewdney-1/unknown-world-regular-battle-theme-keep-a-steady-hand-draft-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good luck on your game. I'm working on mine.

USA /FES/ DLC when?

How do you salvage scrapped assets from previous projects without turning your current project into a clusterfuck? Should I even bother?

For anyone that cares, the latest collab project / chain game is in the OP, but chapter 4 is incomplete. Any dev who picks it up is free to throw out that chapter or use it for their own thing.

Post progress

Give up.

NICE

thanks

you're lucky that I'm writing in my journal and care enough to bump this thread.

what the fuck is going on with my random number generator function..

Might be the wrong thread to ask, but how do you guys decide on color palettes when doing graphics? For example, the internet tells me that SNES sprites are limited to 16 color sprites along a 15-bit color palette. However, let's say I want to design character portraits that have a bias towards colors, let's say one a lighter blue and another a darker green. How do I know to keep track of the distances between each color so that they're consistent between the two different sprites? Are there programs that allow this to be done conveniently?

Perhaps you could color things naturally as though they were in white light, then throw a layer on top for the particular color tint you want for the portrait.

Then you could fine-tune the coloring afterwards.

My suggestion would be to use a program called Pyxel Edit. There is a free and paid version, which I highly recommend.

It has a neat feature that allows you to create palettes and even use a many default presets. One of the features of the program is to take two selected colors and generate a gradient based on how far apart those to colors are and how many different colors you want. So if you wanted 3 shades of green or 7 shades of blue, shifting either brightness, hue or saturation, you can do that fairly easily.

This is nice also because once you have created all of the palettes you need, you can swap out those palettes and create color variations on the fly. It's all based on the positioning of the colors. So be sure to organize each palette the exact same way if you plan on doing that.

What are you working on today?

Don't know, enemies maybe

Arwin is gunna get raped.
>insert GOLDEN Shower and "dropped the soap" joke here.

BUMP

Would a Teleport Maze be more tolerable if every room looks completely different?

I don't really try to do retro art, so I pick my palettes from cartoons with the similar art styles, while saturating the main characters a little bit more so they pop out..

>It's what it looks like.gif

Finding a style for combat sprites that looks good but also isn't massively difficult for me to produce en masse.

Eat this!

Music

That's cute

Who /FES/ here?
Doing anything cool?

Labeling. File names.
If you don't have a naming scheme for all of your assets (aside from your parallax and generator imagery) you will eventually
>get overwhelmed
>delete the wrong stuff
>import wrong stuff on accident and waste time looking for what you THOUGHT you imported

Stop being a pleb

Speaking of.
An update to a song I posted last night. Still can't get the hang of chiptunes.

soundcloud.com/marcus-dewdney-1/unknown-world-regular-battle-theme-keep-a-steady-hand-draft-2

Currently on hiatus due to work and moving. Did the DLC come out in NA yet?

That's awesome

So I'm making a dungeon and I've run into a small problem that I just can't figure out how to fix. I need to make the area in the red circle seem to be a raised floor so that the perspective matches up with the bottom half of the screen but no matter what I try it doesn't look right. Can anyone help with this? They are two separate maps btw that's why there's a line that runs across the middle of the pic.

Sounding better. It has more impact than before.
But there's something about the main instrument that I don't like, especially at the beginning.
But the middle parts are all good.

There's a nice trill(I think that's what it's called) at about 1:15 that I really like. That might be what's missing in the beginning.

If it's a gradual enough slope, I don't think you need anything.

Me and my friends want to make a small game for ourselves. I have 4 or 5 years of VX/Ace experience: is it worthy learning to mess around with MV? How much better is it?

That's pretty good

* First and foremost, if the platform is raised, the wall behind it needs to be shorter. Most of the floor is two tiles frmo the ceiling, the platform is one tile above the floor, therefore the platform is one tile from the ceiling. This is really the big issue here, the height difference just fucks with the eyes.
* Also, darker floor is generally associated with LOWER areas. Making it lighter would make it pop more.
* The shadow growing smaller as it goes up the ramp can help the illusion that it's getting gradually higher.

It is basically the same thing:
New:
JavaScript instead of Ruby.
Larger tiles.
Sideview option.
Mobile, Touchscreen and Click support.

Bugs:
Unpatched version has performance issues for large maps with autoanimated tiles.
All versions have music load lag (about 1 second, but noticeable).

thanks

I think I know what you're getting at.

MV has a built in Side-View battle option.
And touch/click sensor that's only used as an alternative to direction and action buttons. Otherwise it's the same program, it just uses Java and a higher resolution.

The tiles are basically the same as VXA, it even shares it's nonsense sheet arrangement. The actors are OK, but the enemies are impractical. You'll be limited to forests, forts, and castles. Despite it having Desert and Snow environments, It doesn't have any NPCs and few monsters that actually go with those climates.
And no, the character generator doesn't help. It's actually pretty limited once you realize certain parts are meant for specific ages and emotions. The color options aren't that great either, if you want a proper red-head you'll have to do it using another image editing software.
DLC? It's mostly crap. The marketers can't even make a decent promotional screenshot. I mean, the Degica staff being incompetent is only half of it.

No

Hey lads. Help me with this simple ACE problem, please: the enemy events move whenever my player move. What script do I use to start a battle if they touch one of the actors?

>What script do I use to start a battle if they touch one of the actors?
change the trigger to "event touch"

Its a paralell process mate, if i set it as event touch he wont move

Set trigger to event touch, above in autonomous movement set move route to custom and put in random movement and approach player every now and then.

Could it be a conditional branch? Maybe tie map position to a variable?

Something like
If Event[ID].x == Player.x & Event[ID].y == Player.y

I forget the actual syntax. It's always slightly different from Maker to maker.
Something like $game_map.actor[id].x
Sometimes you can just say this.x if it's referring to itself. But there's also a difference between map_x and screen_x.

Just look up Rpg maker MV script calls. That's what I do. Not worth memorizing.

bump

What happened to The Long Road dev?

Awesome, thanks for the input! Does this look better?

They got him