twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

Worth looking at?
>2010 Corolla
>100k miles
>$3500 asking price
nwga.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-toyota-corolla/6382671488.html

Update, I was able to fix it. It was the relay. Even though it clicked when I messed with the switch, it was completely burnt up inside. Replaced, and the blower kicked right on no problem. I was also able to pick up two extra blower resistors and an extra relay incase this one burns up too. Got the parts from a junk yard, I'm seriously eyeballing the 22re they have with 114k miles on it, I'd love to have a replacement if mine ever fucks up. Fun day at the junk yard

some guy has been posting 2nd gen caldina pics all over Veeky Forums recently and it really made me think whether that car used the same headlights as 6th gen civic
somebody pls confirm i'm wrong about this

Too much miles

My nitga you need to get your eyes checked

Looking at mid 90s tacomsa near me for sale. Going price seems to be about 3-3.5k for a clean one. Is this a bad price? Can anyone with experience do a pros/cons for the v6 vs 4 cylinder? All the ones near me are manual.

t-thanks, i will

fuck, haven't taken a new pic for the collage yet
will later today I guess

Wtf nitga do you just hang out in your van like that?

not everyday but yes

It better be in mint condition. Post ads here so we can judge it more accurately.v6 is less fuel efficient but faster.

>toyota largest car maker in the world
>2 meme cars
>general always dead

why

Because nitgas are literally autists

4 trucks I'm looking at. Who's the most likely candidate? Are these prices idiotic?

What's the mileage on tree trucks on the left side? The top right looks better than the bottom right

Top left, 160xxx, bottom left, 236xxx

I recommend top right

7k is a decent price? I hate haggling for things but I know it must be done.

time stamp and a bag of bread.

pic I'd like used

youtu.be/GBrMpjDodiQ

Is that car egyptian because holy fuck look at all those artifacts

Nothing compares.

artifacts?

new pic for 05 sienna
tonight was dark and windy
too busy driving since ours car never have to go to the shop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_artifact

hahaha!
last years.

Hello Toyodachis.
Been working on bringing my IS300 back to OEM goodness. Rear rotors were completely fucked, just installed new rotors and pads on all wheels. So far the smoothest and funnest car I've owned and it's been a dream for the month I've owned it. Some more TLC needs to be done in the inside, especially the seats. Is it better to replace the seats entirely or fix the gashes somehow?

Top right looks like a more likely candidate, better to spend a couple extra knowing someone put work into it, also less miles.

Try to get it for $6k in person

Meant for

You wouldn't need the proof if you renewed it before it expired user. Thanks for contributing your 01 IS again.

What does the dead end look like?

Go with the cheaper route. Just make sure if you fix it, it doesnt look like it's been fixed

I'm going to look at/buy this car tomorrow. Thoughts?
tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/d/1989-toyota-mr2-price-lowered/6371940718.html

8/10

Decided to go full yolo and pulled a junkyard motor for my Pontiac Vibe (it's a toyota I swear)

Swapping engines in a Vibe or Matrix is bullshit, you have to drop the entire subframe and lower the engine out every time

I was wearing a Toyota Supra shirt today walking around and a random girl said "hey I like your shirt " I said thanks and walked away. Just wanted to share that here on Veeky Forums
Did she want to fuck?

atcm.co/S2PVDP/1bf8b5fa

Can Veeky Forums critique this real quick? I think it's a good deal if I can get that 6k price tag to include fees.

Yeh your totally in dude

Also mk3 or 4 shirt?

Post shirt. Nah she just liked your shirt

I've heard the hype for Toyota truck reliability but it seems like they're all 80s/90s pickups with the 22re engine. Unstoppable, runs forever and whatnot. Can the same things be said for newer trucks or no?

>bhph
I'll be impressed if you can get it $6k otd. The truck itself has too many miles imo

Yes

Based yota

What's the new 22re then? The v6 in the Tacoma? Is the 4 banger 4wd they have worth a look if I already know I'm not going to be hauling anything much bigger than a trailer with a washer/dryer/fridge?

No it's not the same. Time will tell though

So my friend's IS300 just blew up. Piston rod came flying out from the bottom of the block. We still gotta rip apart the block and see what exactly could have caused it, currently no way to tell.
NA 2JZ reaching close to 200k miles just gave out, very odd.

Eh, they've been really solid all around

The more modern diesel engines (2KD and 1KD primarily) was the biggest change to come in, and they struggled for many years (it took some years for the problems to come around) with the injection jets wearing out and wrecking the engine if you didn't catch it until it was too late

Suspension, transfer case, axles and so on were pretty much the same from 83 to 2005

My workplace has chewed up a lot of trucks over the years. Everything works and can survive it, but the Toyotas take the punishment way better. The two oldest trucks we have now are both 1995 Hiluxes, and they still run fault-free and starts with no issue despite 22 years of absolute fucking abuse. There is also a 2007 Hilux that is starting to be quite battered, but even so it has not ever broken down or actually had a serious issue except for when it got run into a ditch at 30mph and killed the radiator

3 out of 4 Nissan Navaras are dead from either rust or blown engines. 2/4 Mitsubishi L200s are dead from completely wrecked transmissions and rear end failure, while the one Ford F150 that was purchased to pull the heavier trailers died after 1.5 years and was bought back by Ford

Probably oil starvation

2TR is the current engine for 4 cylinder tacos.
What do you usually use to haul the stuff? I don't think you need 4WD as long as you don't go off roading and skilled enough if it snows (+winter tires)

Usually a trailer. My opinion on 4wd though is, if I don't get it, I'll want it, and just have to upgrade again. I manage offroading with rwd now but it's not hard core trails, just camping shit. I'd love to find a 4 banger with 4wd already equipped with a camper.

I meant what do you use to haul the trailer with. If you think that'll happen then just go straight for the 4wd.
It's just a waste of money if you don't need it imo. I just feel like you want it but not need it.

I was wearing this

Wasting money is as american as gang related shootings, so sure I don't NEED 4WD... but you're right, 2WD tacos are multiple thousands cheaper. If I see one with 4WD and it isn't a bad deal, I'll go for it, but in the meantime I'll amend my search.

And atm I use an XJ to haul stuff, but she's real rough around the edges. Bought it from a farmer who used it as a work/hunting truck and then let his son beat it up on trails. 900 bucks though, I can't complain for 2 years of driving.

>Hiluxes
Us Americans aren't lucky enough to get an actual truck anymore, isn't even possible since the 90's ended with modern safety standards and the majority of consumers would rather a have a luxury truck anyway.
The Tacos had some of the utilitarian model that the Hilux is built on but in my own experience I haven't seen many old Tacos roaming around in good shape.
As for 06'-10' tacos and some select Tundras the frames have started up again and for good reason.
I will say the drivetrain and engines are the last thing to go on these trucks, can't say that for the suspension or frame though.

I'm in a dealership so more often than not when someone brings in a 15+ year old car/truck its beyond fucked and their local guy didn't want to deal with it, so I see the worst of the worst and I bias because of that.

You can say it's an american thing but it's just more of an irrational/illogical kind of person thing. Hell, get the v6 with all the bells and whistles, then you'll say, "I need to upgrade to a Tundra."

Which engine does your XJ have? Is it a 2 or 4 door?

4.0, 2 door. I think I'd be good with the 4 cylinder, 4x4 Tacoma. I do a little bit of offroading, not really trails as much as going from one point to another, but with no road, but maybe could expand a bit on that with the yota. Plus I could probably fit my bike in the bed and not have to trailer it, maybe.

I'm still kicking the idea around. It'd be nice to have a "do it all" truck but that's not really a thing.

What do you think about the V6?

V6 in the new tacoma btw

I think it's probably just a bit more truck than I could see myself using to its full potential, but it's cool nonetheless. Like I said, the 4 cylinder would most likely handle everything I can see myself throwing at it, and with 4wd on it I can have more fun innawoods.

It's a different story when they switched to the 6 speed 6 cylinder, I like that a lot, but it's twice the amount I want to spend (about 7k usd).

Just drove this home 4 hours without a plate. Only got pulled over once.It drives awesome, it was taken really good care of. It recently had a lot of work done to the top end and it doesn't leak or burn any oil. It drives great, and it's all stock besides the wheels and steering wheel.
It has a CEL for an O2 sensor but he showed me where the wires were messed up so I'm not too worried.
I'll get some pictures for the collage tomorrow I guess.
Also, the PO sold it to import a Celsior, and he was a pretty cool guy.

Looks really nice!

Thanks!

It also came with a full set of pretty good condition Enkei 92s with new tires, so I'm pretty happy.

Congrats on the new car user. Why did you get pulled over? What plans do you have for it?

I got pulled over for no plate kek. I don't really know what I have planned for it right now. I think I'm just going to invest in some good tires and brakes and stuff like that first and drive it until I get bored of stock power.
I think a 3sge swap would be cool, but i really like the 4age too. I'm not sure if I want to 20v swap. I was reading somewhere that a 20v head can fit on a 16v block, so maybe I'll do that and get bike carbs or something. I think that would look and sound awesome, but I'm also not really sure about it. I have a really hard time making decisions.

opinions on a 2005 Camry SE 3.3? looking for a winter beater and 88-91 camry wagons are hard to come by.... 183K miles from a salvage auction. are they as reliable as the 1mz?

Is there a fun to drive Toyota that comes in auto? I'm thinking of selling the supra and getting something smaller and lighter and less 7m-ish.
I wish I could get a manual but cancer took my clutch foot.

Don't put a 20V head on a 16 valve bottom end. The pistons aren't going to match the head because they're designed for one less valve. And you need to do the same electrical work to get less power. Along with the internals of the silvertop being lighter and giving you extra reving power

1zzfe a shit

Most definitely. The original motor leaked from the factory and my rebuild didn't fix it. I didn't feel like going through with a 2zz swap

Will wheels from e12 fit to e11? And what about Yaris? All of them are 4x100 but I can't find any info do they have the same centre bore size or not.

They are reliable but I wouldn't buy it at an auction since it's a gamble

SC400

Are you buying oem wheels?

how hard it it to replace ONE single connecting rod in an fzj80 (1fz), i won an lx450 that has a knocking rod and id like to fix it as cheap as possible, would any of you be able to point me to someone who could sell me a cheap 1fz? thanks

the wheel bore stays 54.1 mm in both e11 and e12

Pretty involved. You have to take out the engine. Did you look at your local junkyards?

What exactly is wrong with the Lexus gs450h (besides the CVT) i need a daily and they are around 20-25k AUD with low mileage

Hybrid batteries charge life decreasing over time is the problem it can have

Is there any way to swap the older model batteries for newer, lighter ones?

I don't think there's an option for that. If you're not gonna keep it for more than 10 years you should be fine

Common problem areas that simply come with mileage and age.
>Control arm bushings
>Steering shafts
>Struts (particularly front)
>P/S return and feed line (reservoir side)
>Piston rings (4 banger only)

yep, the 1fz is very jard to find in the states as it only came in the 94-97 cruiser and the 96-97 lx450

www1.toyotaoutfitters.com/ecommerce/

has anyone bought anything from here?

Are they suppose to be the official supplier of toyota apparel?

Haven't heard of that site before. Looks unofficial though. Copyright on the bottom says 2015

i have an echo which requires piston rings and whenever i ask a mechanic they think i'm nuts. is it really difficult or what

i really love it just hate burnin

Toyota subcompact CAR with a good wading depth? Prefer new.

Wading?

ok, thanks
yeah, I;m thinking about buying used oem wheels.

Another question, I have a 4a-fe- do your engines drink as much oil as my does? After 600 km it drank easily 1/4 oil, pls tell me I'm not the one :( Yeah I read that these engines drink oil, but it was after I bought one, I didn't know...

sorry for not answering earlier I was enjoying my first roadtrip in the sportcross for the weekend lol
trunk can be modded to a comfy bed for 2 when the backseats are folded, this was one of the reason I bought it lol

anyway, I got why you sold it, family comes first you made the right decision... I'll have to sell my ITR for the same reason, I know the feels
Plus it costs a lot more than a civic to maintain, I'm unfortunately well aware of that as I'll have my tyres to change soon... Was considering upgrading to LS460 18" wheels but that means I'll have to purchase lowered springs so it doesn't look funny on stock height + 18s

Struggling to keep it stock...
Anyway nice webm of you drifting man, did you have to get rid of that 10A ECU-IG fuse to fully enjoy skids? haven't tried it yet but on the rain the stupid vsc kills all the fun...

pic could have been related if I was a stupid person

How many fingers is your wheel gap nitga

My place floods a lot and no, I don't want something bigger than a subcompact since the roads here are so small. I'm looking for a Toyota where the airbox is positioned higher from the ground so that it could go through floods.

You can always buy a short ram intake. I think you'd have to personally go to a dealership to find the intake height

fuck you i cant stop laughing at how ridiculous it looks now

Once went through a flooded road when I was young and stupid in my Toyota matrix. Don't think it was smart it came halfway up the door.

Throwback to dirt road drifting in the aw with the boys