/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

/tesg/ Please Remove Your /tesog/ Section so You No Longer Appear On Our Searches, Thanks Edition

>Elder thread
Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
[YouTube] The ULTIMATE ESO Trading guide | BEST Money in game!

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
For people who read the FAQ; yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358419/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for NA PC RoM perfect run
first try :^)

Second for stealth archer assassins with bears

bosmer are wholesome and loving

>I try to go to sleep and you silly billys let the thread die edition.

pls don't leave

>when you don't have waifufagging autismos shitting up the thread but can't keep the thread afloat during off hours

Good for bad, I guess.

I'd rather slow thread than shit thread.

AHHHHH IT FUCKING DIED AT 270 POSTS!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happens sometimes, ese

ok lads, I am going to try to go back to sleep. don't let it die this time, right?

>ZOS stops the game for 'maintenance' just as the ESO+ event is winding down
well played

I want to watch my femaltmer make love to a harem of cute bosmer girls.

forgive me /tesog/

>Alright, I might have a few hours left this morning so I can finish somethi- o-oh, ok.

>tfw you bought the game yesterday and can't even play now after it taking all day to install

thank you zenimax

scheduled monday maintenance ensures that people can complete the broken IC questline for a short while after server reset. :^)

Any natch potes up yet?

planned to finish TG questline. oh well

fuck you zeni I didn't wake up for this bullshit

Yeah, every week there is maintenance.

Are there new generals on the board? We are getting pushed back to page 9/10 far faster than usual.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358419/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-11

Absolutely nothing.

>Fixed an issue where you could be placed back into a queue after accepting the Ready Check, or after a group forms, without any discernable reason.
>Fixed an issue where you would receive a message that a player joining a group declined the Ready Check even if they accepted.

If that's true that is a whole lot of not-nothing

Its still going to be broken.

>muhh group finder fix
>implying their hasn't been a group finder fix in every single patch and mini-patch for last 2 years and still beyond fucked
totes gonna work

PC/NA is back up lads.

is free eso+ thing still going on

nope

Yep. 90 more minutés at least

>when the pug completes hard mode on Vet CoA2 without a hitch while it seems like it was no big deal

I was gonna do a few quests before work to catch up to my gf, but oh well...

What's your favourite costume, /tesog/?

Depends on the character. My orc tank in the groom wedding suit, dyed Austin Powers periwinkle blue, with the jester personality is fucking hilarious. The covenant scout (breton medium) looks good and practical, and dyes well. I also like the waterfront casual outfit. And of course toxin doctor is always a classic.

>keeper imaril boss fight in vet

jesus fuck, i hate this fight so much fucking bitch does not stand still, keeps disappearing which gets rid of any dots on her, the fucking orbs flying all over the place. the fucking dps in the pug got trapped in a corner by one of the orbs and died, and we couldnt get to them so we 3 manned the fight from 75%.

>Person in zone chat complaining about how little damage they do
>People ask their class, gear and skills, offer help
>"No fuck you fanboys, this game is shit!"

What has the patch interrupted for you, /tesog/?

I was gonna tidy up the Balmora buisness today.

I was gonna get my writs done and chill a little before I leave on vacation tomorrow

>Didn't fix the lag when using skills
>Weaving is iffy
>Sometimes can't even switch bars

What do personalities affect? Is it basically an animation replacer? Or is there more?

Some emotes get changed, walking/running animations, idle animations, etc. The jester one is great, you are basically the ministry of silly walks when you run. /spit has to spit confetti everywhere, and your idle poses make you look like a mime. Especially as an orc with increased racial sprint speed and combat maneuvers, I can silly walk my way faster than horses.

Okay that does sound pretty good.

When you guys get into game, can you check something for me? I'm running frothgar with just under 1600 mag recovery, but it feels like my recovery is way less than it should be. I put on some max health max magicka food, and while the tool tip says I have far less recovery, it feels about the same. I hope something didn't get broken in the patch.

Yeah, checked combat metrics. The tooltip in my character window says 1592 magicka recovery, combat metrics puts me at 1154. I'll try relogging after this dungeon, see if that helps. I tried eating food again, no change.

>Orc style battle axes are the smallest and weakest looking.

This just ain't right.

When should i buy orsinium? Will it be on discount soon

Smaller head just means the force is concentrated on a smaller sruface, right? More RIP AND TEAR

>THAT MUST MEAN YOU HAV HUGE GUTS!

im hearing rumours that they fixed the queue system with the newest patch, is there any truth to that? that is honestly the only reason I stopped playing.

>just started a few days ago, played in beta and around when One Tamriel started happening
>being a tank magicka templar
>this makes the ESO player REEEEEEEEE

Everyone fuckin hates the shit out of my magicka templar yet they dont even have to heal me. I thought everyone said you can play whatever you want, to an extent? It's perfectly viable, imo

>rek everything until ur hp drops a little
>sweeps, sweeps, sweeps
>60 mob group is dead and ur at full hp
>hear a whisper from the back of the party
>"What was that, Light-DarkKnight69?"
>louder mumbles, still indecipherable
>"C-could you talk a little louder, buddy?"
>"WHARES UR SHORD AND SWIELD STOOPID"
>rest of party chimes in
>"YA WHOM'SE TANK?"
>"ALL I SEE IS STAFF'S :^)"
>"U NEED A SWORD AND BOARD TO TANK STOOPID UR THE WRONG CLASS UGH"

>tfw altmer templar tank

fuck me man

How do I make magblade viable? Might be a weird question I know but I've never been one for magicka builds apart from an uber healer with Altmer, my current magblade is also an Altmer vampire but I have no idea what skills I would slot for a good rotation and maximum damage output in PvP, I've dabbled with magicka detonation morph but it seems lack luster now.

I'm running with a destruction staff but for my second bar I have no idea what weapon to run as a bow for ganking seems out of place when I have a staff equipped in my primary, I would run a 2h or duel but they'd require stamina and I believe running a restoration staff to be pointless and my goal is quickly into combat kill a target duck out rinse repeat.

I'm also running 5 light and 2 heavy if that makes any difference.

Please guys I need help I'm bashing my head against a wall.

>Fixed an issue where you could be placed back into a queue after accepting the Ready Check, or after a group forms, without any discernable reason.

>wait 25 minutes for dps queue because I don't feel like herding retards as the tank or healer
>"lole someone declined lole"
>"press F for respects"
>"Press F for Ready"
>press f
>QUEUED

:^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

>was doing Orsinium with a buddy
>almost all the way through in one day
>maintenance
>time's up

th-thanks z

>use an ability
>have to wait until the ability is done to switch bars
>otherwise you might interrupt your skill
>but sometimes you can switch on the fly ezpz
>but sometimes not

This game is exactly your pic rel8d

desu not 100% sure we're talking about the same fight but I just did one yesterday with the bitch who jumps into the orbs

>stupid fucks won't just wait for the orbs to move, then LITERALLY move 3 inches away so they don't get it
>wash, repeat every 5-10 seconds

It's so fucking ez but people just wanna run up and wail on the boss

What's the deal with timed items in the cash shop? I saw there was a hairstyle with a timer on it yesterday, and now it's gone. How often does Zenimax do this sort of thing? How many total hairstyles and personalities are in the game, but just not available? Is there a list anywhere?

>riding up and stealing someone's chest as they fuck with their inventory

>th-thanks z

got to hand it to them, no false advertising here. this is what you can expect while on eso+.

to be fair, 5 days was plenty enough if I hadn't been so busy. Glad to see the new areas, Kvatch is fuckin aids with all the assassins running around , but still havent been to morrowind, yet, but hey.

Well.
Do you taunt all the mobs?

There are only 3 taunts in this game. None of them is aoe. Inner fire is pretty expensive. Either you need to use frost staves heavy attacks or s/b s pierce

They will die. /tesog/ shall forever remain!

although it makes sense beacause I've seen less people online, from 20~24 average to 10 in the guild. At least in NA PC, that's the case.

everytime, fucking single player plebs

They do it pretty much all the time. Appereantly it's a good bussiness model that works for them, but what we've seen is that those "no longer availeable" items come back with the Crown Crates so it's not all lost

>How often does Zenimax do this sort of thing?
All the time. People wouldn't buy if they could buy it whenever they want. After it's in the shop it gets put in the crown crate.

>Added a new 10-49 Grab Bag queue for Battlegrounds.
>You will now receive more XP for finishing Battlegrounds.

New patch notes look good.

I saw someone who posted a cp170 magblade that completed vMA maybe he has an idea and will come back to the thread to guide you.

Godspeed, user!

>page 9

He also had all his gear golded out so it was probably done on a 2nd account.

makes sense

What enchantments should I use on my 2 inferno staves? MagDK btw

probably the one which gives you magicka back since sustain is very important now and if you are looking to do PvP you are better off with poisons

I guess more posts since its summer.

Also Veeky Forums in my experience is dedder on weekends

As long as you can taunt and apply major fracture and major breach, I'm happy.

Spell damage enchant on the front bar, magicka steal on the back bar. That's how I roll. If you have the same enchant on both bars then they will share the cooldown, so you are losing uptime on a second proc.

Thx

bumpo

Thank you senpai, I've been trying some more but I have no idea what I'm even doing, I steamrolled emperor on my dk but my magblade is getting it's shit pushed in, the only reliable thing I can do is constantly hit and run then pray to God that the other person can't heal all the damage I put on them before I'm ready for another burst of sub par damage

In PvP magblades do well in a magbomb role, going in from stealth with stuns and high burst attacks like the ability from the PvP line that increases the damage for each enemy in the area, can't recall the name now. With good positioning you can nuke a whole zerg.

Do I need to be in WW form to level the skills or do they level like normal skills as long as they are slotted?

Can I not improve things bought by guild vendors?

I'm scratching my head here guys

You can yes, unless they are legendary(gold) to begin with.

okay so my plague doctor(purple) is unlocked and unequipped, but it's not showing up on the improvement nor the dismantle list. My two monster items are the only ones that show up

My green pact sword(purple) on the other hand is showing up on the list for improvement on the blacksmith table.

Post a pic of both the item and the craft table mate.
Without more info the only thing I can think is you're in the wrong table.

>Sharpened useless
>VIP turned into a damage over time
hahahaha
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

>When you heal a friendly target that is under 50% Health you conjure a pool of quenching blood underneath them, which soaks up enemy placed effects instantly and heals all friendly targets in the area for 30,000 Health over 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 35 seconds.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/
>Three New Motifs
>The Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni Motifs are now available in Vvardenfell! These three styles and their associated style items can be found by stealing from citizens of Vvardenfell - picking their pockets, stealing from their safe boxes, and looting Thieves Troves left behind by fellow members of the Thieves Guild.
oh boy, can't wait to have roving murderbands all over vvardenfell like in kvatch

>Rolis Hlaalu's inventory has been updated! His gold furnishing plans have been replaced with new stock, so there is now a new gold quality furnishing plan for each profession available. The previously available recipes are being retired for the time being, though they may show up again at some point in the future in his selection or elsewhere.
time to grind out those vouchers.

>Unified the behavior of crafting Writ delivery sites in Vivec City. These sites are now consistently used for rank one Writs instead of a mix of rank one and maximum rank Writs.
neat

>The Thief: Reduced Critical Strike Chance to 9% from 11%.
>Decisive: Increased the chance to generate one additional Ultimate to 40% from 34%.
>Defending: Reduced the Spell and Physical Resistance granted to 2752 from 5160.
>Infused: Increased the bonus value granted to the applied enchantment to 30% from 20%, and increased the cooldown reduction to the applied enchantment to 50% from 40%.
>Nirnhorned: Increased the bonus to the weapon’s damage to 15% from 11%.
>Powered: Increased the bonus to healing done to 9% from 7%.
>Precise: Increased the Critical Strike Chance granted to 9% from 7%.
>Sharpened: Reduced the Spell and Physical Penetration granted to 2752 from 5160.
>Charged, Intricate, Ornate, and Training remain unchanged.
>The Prosperous Armor Trait has been re-designed to give it a combat function. It now grants 11 Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery as a gold-quality item, instead of gold gain.
real fucking neato

To the clothier table in wayrest. All of my plague doctor stuff has the same enchantments, and doesn't show up either

The only thing that shows up is the chokethorn head and shoulders which are medium armor

>heavy armor
>clothier table

>Clothier
>Heavy armour
An anvil for blacksmithing is what you're looking for

ah thanks