What happened to mobile phones will happen to cars

Everything gets condensed down to one-fits-all shape with some different flavors by a handful of brands.

Already happened. White crossovers.

Crossovers and SUVs lead the way already.
Also normies hate driving so this also comes handy for the selfdriving meme.

You're right off course

You mean when we'll all have to turn our TVs to watch vertical? But then we'll have genetically modified faces so that our eyes are one on top of the other so it all makes sense?

You Gay!

that only happened to mobile phones because Apple sold a bunch of fashion accessories disguised as phones so everyone else started making everything flashy and sleek too.
Also, there's only so many ways you can make a handheld rectangular screen not look like exactly what it is. Cell phones and tablets are clearly not one-size-fits-all since there are an enormous variety of sizes, aspect ratios, and hardware specifications to fit any budget or need.
They only look similar externally because how else would you construct a computer with no peripherals?

cars are not fashion accessories, even though some people think they are. They are designed for particular purposes and their shapes are defined by aerodynamic efficiency. There are trends in design, but they never last.

also, while cars and computers can be compared, comparing design trends to both industries is difficult since computers only require aesthetic design for marketing purposes, what you pay for is all the shit inside the case.
Cars have marketing-based aesthetic design, but it must compromise with aerodynamics and mechanical limitations. It also must be durable and safe without being too expensive to make.
A smartphone is literally a screen with a battery and a computer stuck to it, so the design of the casing is entirely up to ergonomics and style, which is why manufacturers go all out with machined, anodized metal, chrome accents and glass surfaces, even though there are far more durable materials they could build the phone out of.

Thank god I live next to Russia.

Let me explain one of the many many reasons you are a retarded faggot
>no need for multiple buttons
>no need for anything beyond a screen
>16:9 aspect ratio is standard for all television sets since 2002
>need to be as compact as possible to fit in pockets
>not actually true (as per pic related)
In summation I reccomend you practice hinduism so you can look forward to being reborn as someone who's not an idiot.

What if I want knobs, buttons, switches, and dials?

What kind of iPhone is that?

that look cool as fuck
the keyboard looks a bit small for my hands though

It's not a shame to be a consumerist. It's ok, calm down. You can continue drinking your soymilk now

>that only happened to mobile phones because Apple sold a bunch of fashion accessories disguised as phones so everyone else started making everything flashy and sleek too.

>what is Tesla

you are so dumb

total chaos

homogeneity returns

>implying cars/devices from the same era haven't always looked strikingly similar

Just bought a new phone when AT&T dropped 2G. It's a flip phone.

When my car dies, I'll buy one with a stick shift and a plain old key. And I'll sit back and watch the Veeky Forumstists sperg out.

Cool man. Why do you even bother with combustion engines? You could get a horse or a donkey.

More like the homo (You) returns

>variety is bad
>being able to choose something that perfectly fits your needs is bad

Go look up “trend” you fucking mongrel.
Then seek understand crash regulations and legislation, and how they affect car body design. Now extrapolate this knowledge into a basic comprehension of why shit looks similar.