/vn/ - Sleepy Edition

Visual Novel General #1538

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexithymia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kei best girl

Bestiality is against the rules.

We've had this discussion over a hundred times user, it's not bestiality, it's slavery.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard

This doesn't mean that having a bad execution to a "good" idea somehow makes it worth it. The plot is retarded and the characters are as well.
At least it didn't require me to bend my SoD to the levels I can't enjoy it anymore. Maou had a twist which kinda made you ponder about what happens in all non-true-routes. It doesn't ruin the enjoyment of the true route.
KnS had you do stupid things and true ending being the worst.
Eat my salt.

I really wanna finish Grisaia, but I dropped it after finishing Yumiko, Shachi's routes about half a year ago and don't wanna do the common route again. Wat do? Do I skip common route and go to someone else's or do I experience that shit again to get back into the groove and not feel turned away from the setting I barely remember?

Thanks for fixing the OP.

Not even worth the response I was gonna write up. KYS esl

Show me your smuggest VN girl.

Grisaia is bad read some moege

The common route is most of Grisaia. But for what it's worth, if you've done Yumiko's route you've already read all of the common since her route is the last one to be available. If I were you I'd try to re-read it unless you really can't stand it in which case I'd drop it.

>It doesn't ruin the enjoyment of the true route.
lmao

Right because the whole hostage situation was totally realistic. The fact that yakuza crime lords and such were softies was totally realistic. The fact pro killers could fuck up an assassination was totally realistic.

Why is Cripple Girl simulator the best Visual Novel's can give me for a satisfying romance? Eroge's are so badly written. Only retarded virgin weebs find them well written. Only fags fap to cartoons by the way.

Looseboy is the biggest hack in the industry. Bigger than R07, or even Nasu.

this bait might've worked 4 years ago but people here don't really care about KS at all anymore

Lilly was the only good route.

おやすみ

Don't forget locking down several blocks of an entire city using only trucks/buses for over a day.

i dont understand the love for katawa shoujo.

who the heck wants to date a bunch of retards?

Isn't that obvious? Other retards.

How come sex scenes in visual novels exist to be sexy and give you a good fap but I am disgusted by most of them and never get aroused?

Even with meaty vaginas on full display being cummed into like with what you see in Grisaia shit, I am disgusted than pleased.

So how many men did drunk Nagisa blow during her uni days?

One. Me.

Two. Also Me.

All me

What a twist!

Only one of them was retarded (Rin)

that's a stretch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexithymia

Redpill me on OELVN

gonna redpill you on this
*unzips dick*

sleepy goddess

She's creepy.

Indeed. Who wears a hat to bed?

Fucked up iris:sclera ratio.

Foreknowledge.

me and my cats

Should I watch Higurashi or read the VN?
I finished the first season like last year and I think I was 5 episodes in the 2nd season.

me and my dogs

Is Ame's route worth doing? I don't like retarderes.

catgirls > doggirls

t. normalfag with shit taste

he's right tho

No, he is wrong.

>Samefagging as well
Catfags will stop at nothing to force their shitty opinions.

>mfw Yamato in Himari's route
What a fucking bro, easily one of the better friend characters ive seen in a while. How are the other routes compared to this? I've already read Hazuki which was ok.

Noeri's was trash and Io's was decent. Himari best girl best route tho.

You just have surface level understanding of Rin's route.

She's a girl with no arms that doesn't even have a footjob scene. What a joke of a route.

You know that point in a VN where you're like "Why would you do that?" and have to turn off the game?

doujin western games do not have h-scene fetish quota anyway. people write what they want.

How is Ame's route? True routes by circus have generally been good, but Noeri and Ame are my least favorite girls so far.

Currently finishing up Io so don't know yet. Not that keen on even starting it desu.

Sorry, I forgot I'm on Veeky Forums, where people get grossed out from piss scenes like in the last thread.

It's rare that you see a real bonafide strawman argument and not just someone saying it's one. I'm so lucky to have this opportunity.

If your argument is "people write what they want," there's nothing to respond to. You might as well tell me to write my own VN before I complain about someone else's.

He was saying that the game didn't need a footjob scene just because footjobs. Veeky Forums not liking piss has nothing to do with anything other than you wanting a footjob scene.

It needed a footjob scene because it makes sense for a girl who has to use her feet for everything, and is quite dexterous with them, to use them for sex too. It's the most obvious sexual application of her disability.

If you ever finish it, do tell. Almost noone here has read all the routes. I might not finish them myself if I dont get them done by the time PE or Wagamama come out.

damn i hope Wagamama is better than this.

No, nigger. It "needed" a footjob scene because you have a footfetish. That's all there is to it. How does it make sense that just because she has no hands means she HAS to give a footjob? How is this in any way necessary? I don't understand.

Is it worth reading Ever17 if /vn/ was kind enough to spoil me the twist?

If you don't get it there's no point explaining again.

No.
Ever17 is literally everything is done for sole purpose of that twist.
I don't understand why japan thinks it's kamige.

Oh well

Footjob only makes sense if she was initiating sex instead of MC.

She clearly was, have you played KS? She came to his room drenched from head to toe. If that's not the biggest sign "fuck me Hisao" then I don't know.

Why can't /vn/ name a single GOOD lovey dovey vn?

She was, but it was "fuck me Hisao" not "now I will jerk off your dick with my feet and fuck you".

>why_not_both.jpg

every yuzusoft title

Honestly Dal Segno isn't even that bad The raburabu stuff is fine, but the drama shows up out of nowhere and usually only last for an hour. If you compare it to other circus games, it has a worse common route than DC2 and consider I DC2 to have one of the best common routes for a moege out there if that means anything. To bad most of the routes suck ass. Girl wise it's weaker than DC3.

Is Overdrive ded?

they're bringing back the Swan Song / KiraKira writer for one last game

everyone seems to think the opposite but I actually thought Ever17 was really good up until the true route and its twists. I didn't like the true route at all and I thought the twists were really stupid. I don't even mind fantasy elements but I'm talking more about the means to which the fantasy elements are used. Basically the true route in Ever17 does all in its power to give everyone a happy ending and the suspension of disbelief required here is waaaaay too high for me. Again, not just because of the fantasy elements but moreso because of... shit that would count as spoilers so gotta stop there I guess. Anyway, most people disagree, that's OK. this is just what I think.

So if you've been spoiled already that's going to ruin the whole game yeah. Everything that makes the game so good hinges on that you don't really understand what's going on, it keeps the mystery afloat. the game is all about the atmosphere and although most people think the "resolution" gives it a good payoff, I thought the resolution was shit, but I still recognize that if you're already aware of what goes on in the true route then there is no way the atmosphere in most of the game could be as powerful. Personally I was pretty moved by the common route and Tsugumi's route because the mystery gives it so much strength.

if you still wanna play it then go ahead and I would strongly advice to pick "find my friends" over "who am i" the first time. there's also not just really one twist? so my answer depends on just how much you've been spoiled really.

>A Drug that Makes You Dream
>auditory hallucinations
>neither is ever explained
Is there something deeper hidden behind it or is just a pretentious hipster bullshit? Should I play different routes or not bother?

It's very straightforward, user. Maybe actually finish the game.

>when umineko no naku koro ni, there are no survivors
truly kamige

Loneliness? I was hoping it's something more interesting.

IIRC the auditory hallucinations were because he was living a "colorless" life, and they disappeared once he got into a relationship with each of the girls which caused him to live his life differently. It's the same reason Nekoko took drugs, so she could stop being "colorless."

Yeah, that's what I figured. I had this feeling that it's not everything and unfortunately I was wrong.
So yeah, it wasn't that great of a novel. 5/10 I'd say.

Kinda, but it's more just about the boredom of normalcy. They take drugs and do dumb shit to try and escape it, but as it turns out those kind of experiences are all superficial, they won't truly make you happy, and what you really wanted all along was living with and for someone else, a relationship.

It's pretty straightforward and not all that interesting, YMK is crazily overrated because of the whole bullying/retaliation shock factor

Which route did you play?

>YMK is crazily overrated because of the whole bullying/retaliation shock factor
also because it was one of the first translated VNs

Nostalgia definitely plays into it too, yeah.

>YMK is crazily overrated because of the whole bullying/retaliation shock factor

Subahibi is coming next month. The bullying in that game is far worse. I wonder how people will take it.

Can you save them, at least?

Hopefully not all of them. That would be boring.

Is there an actual reason why you instantly assumed that something you didn't understand was "Pretentious hipster bullshit"? Spend too much time on /v/?
>A nakige is overrated because it has a straightforward nakige plotline
>Above post is complaining about it being convoluted
Really makes you dream, doesn't it?
>Worse than a game that made me angry at a fictional character
I can't wait to commit a murder for the sake of saving bullying victims.

They commit suicide

>Pretentious hipster bullshit
that's a reddit thing

they get gangraped and commit suicide
Subahibi is truly about happiness.

That's what I said.

No, I assumed it was EITHER something so deep my feeble mind couldn't comprehend or it was a hogwash. Turns out it was third option, nothing special. I don't have a problem with admitting I'm wrong. Maybe I worded my post in a bad way, sorry for that. 8 years of English and I'm still having trouble.

Sounds kinda banal, honestly

How do I go back in time to prevent the concept of bullying from ever existing?