/stsg/ - Starsector General

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>/stsg/ modpack
mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector General Mod Pack Version 3.7z

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12791.0
strawpoll.com/ag2d9sry
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I store every single weapon I ever get, despite only ever using tech from the faction I'm playing as. I might have a problem.

How can I change the shit the Nex follower faction uses?
I didn't kerb stomp the Sindrians & Tri-jews out of the sector just for my followers to be using Hounds.
I know I just edit the file in the mod folder, but can I add ships from mdos and shit in there too?

Aside from only using the factions weapons, yeah.
Unless its Diable/Shadowyards. The difference in colour schemes makes me use only their own weapons.

It gets extremely boring after a while because Alex still hasn't implemented a store all button yet. It'd be so perfect for the filters for fucks sake.

ctrl+click stores everything in a stack.
Unless you do mean everything in your inventory.

Yes, I mean everything in the inventory.

Alright which faction is the most balanced one?

In terms of ship viability, speed, attack range and such

All factions have strengths and weaknesses

A jack-of-all-trades faction? Probably something like interstellar imperium or DME.

>I just edit the file in the mod folder,
which file is this?

found it:
mods\Nexerelin\data\world\factions

Persean league

Yeah, the player_npc one.
Still a pain in the dick going through all the ship variants to grab the ones you want.
Pretty sure you have to edit the markets as well.

All this just so I'm not leading a faction of !NOT! pirate shits in hounds and shit when I take over the cunts that field huge amounts of high tech & phase ships.

I edited "shipRoles" to also contain the faction I just conquered and when I called a defensive fleet they contained some of those units.

We'll see if the markets begin to contain those ships as well.

Works with mod ships

It looks like those ships do start to spawn in the market. However; weapons in the market are still the same.

Why did Dagger wings lose their reaper torpedoes?

TOO OP REEEE

But yeah, with the new fighter mechanics it meant infinite Reapers for the duration of a fight.

infinite sabots are okay though.

yes of course

you can never have too many sabots.

>create faction
>ten months later everyone hate you
why

> not making bounties
> not sending agents
> not joining alliances

Trump level diplomacy, that's why.

Active gates mod, anyone try it yet? fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12791.0

>he thinks trump is a bad diplomat
wild guess: you don't read many primary sources

>activate gate in a dead system
>You can now explore much more easily

ALEX IS GONNA FREAK

muh "difficulty" forum fags BTFO. is toasty /ourguy/?

Thats....
Thats pretty neat.

We truly are dead. Maybe we should just let these threads stay dead until the next major update or something.

Wow rude

What

I think all those 'wow rude' replies are bots, they make no sense

What

whats with the sudden bots?

>thread still alive
You guys are the best

>Game calling you Literally Hitler means you're now a bot

That's what you get for playing pirated version. Enjoy your crooked RNG as well :^)

There is difference between a diplomat and a poser.

He won single handedly against the world
Now he's gonna MAGA

Is there anything out in Utopia in the vanilla game?

Sure.

impeachmeant any day now huh ? lol
Trump is literally our guy, supports all our shit, and is in there for the long haul.

Never said anything about impeachment. I'm not even saying that Hillary was the better candidate. But come on, this guy is an American joke. Your two party state farted out two geriatrics who are only good at losing money and pleading Russia to borrow them some.

Trump is just plain bad. He took Putin's tactic of thinking one thing, saying another and doing third. Yet, for some reason, every country leader mocks him when he can, look up for your primary sources.

Trump has bad reputation, something a good diplomat really needs.

Veeky Forums will always support Trump 100%
He is our guy
He wants what we want
Trump is highly intelligent, successful, cunning, and has specific agendas he is commited to.

He will keep the promises he made to his voters. He doesn't look to the media or foreign leaders for approval, he looks to his voters & his people. They are all that matters.

>Veeky Forums will always support Trump 100%
*cough* /co/ *cough*

Well, these pirates certainly aren't lacking confidence.

do you guys really need to do this?

comics are for children and red ditors

>Veeky Forums will always support Trump 100%
>He is our guy
>He wants what we want

True, all he does is for the lulz.

>Trump is highly intelligent, successful, cunning, and has specific agendas he is commited to.

He missed a big fucking presidential car, waiting right in front of the building.
He is also so smart and cunning, his investments were mostly total failures, he would have three times more money if he didn't do anything, that spoiled brat.
Did I mention he doesn't read books? Some speculate he doesn't read at all.

>He will keep the promises he made to his voters. He doesn't look to the media or foreign leaders for approval, he looks to his voters & his people. They are all that matters.

user, to hell with it, if he really MAGA, great for u guys, but it doesn't look that way for now.

It was a zoomed lens, it wasn't as close as it seemed, and he's supposed to be directed.

>he would have three times more money if he didn't do anything
And how much money have you turned your life long income into
But of course this is an assumption based on guesses of his networth both in the 80's and today.

>he reads fakenews media and believes it

8 years to go

They must have abused the recreational drugs.

Unfortunately, my water wasn't leader of tri-tach.

>who are only good at losing money
>describing the billionaire who funded his own campaign
I don't know what I expected from the guy arguing politics in a shitposting forum

>stsg is alive and well
nice

>/pol/ in my Starsector general
Back in high school I never thought I'd see the day where Starfarer became Starsector, let alone the game having its own following on a mandarin messaging board.
So might as well throw some politics into the mix, for what little the discussion would be worth here.

>kills thread

GAS THE TRIJEWS SPACE WAR NOW

Alive and well, discussing politics.

The game still does seem to get a trickle of new players, as seen in the previous thread.
It just suffers the same problem as any single player game does. You can only talk about the same shit so many times.
Only reason most single player game generals survive is waifus.

When you lot have finished fellating an orange clown, could you fuck off back to Thanks ever so.

Item stacking in this game is weird.
If you salvage or transfer objects from storage you are limited to stacks of 1000.

But if you buy them from a market you can make stacks as big as you like.
All you need to do is buy 1 of something. Say for example in that Diable post if you bought 1 unit of fuel and put it in a new cargo slot, you could then stack all three of those 1000s on top of it. And that stack will stay like that forever, even if you split it and put it in storage.
Saves a ton of screen space.

Only works for starting new slots though. If you buy something and drop it in an existing slot or ctrl-click so it fills to existing slot capacity - which is 1000, you end up with multiple stacks unless you jump through these little hoops.

The moar u know.

>There is difference between a diplomat and a poser.
The guy is more like Napoleon or Caesar than some nameless mediator. There is more than one type of diplomacy.

yeah, basically this

I bet that fag doesn't even want to gas the Tri-Tachyons

Only after removing Sindrian Kebab

Best loadout for Astral?
Should I just go Khopesh spam or are Sparks still broken as fuck?

some nice balanced mod fighter would be better

you see this cabal fleet when you transverse jump out, wyd?

sparks were nerfed heavily but are still decent, you want to use a lot of bombers with the astral, to take advantage of the recall ability

What ship, modded or otherwise, has the largest number of Heavy Ballstic-capable mounts in a forward facing setting? There's that one broadside one, but that shit just feels weird.

From the top of my head, the Diable Pandamonium.
Has 4.
Anything else I can think of has 2 or 3, or they aren't forward firing.

>be on the USS Shaddi w/ its sister-ship Bidness
>just bought 125 firearms, 35 clone organs, 86 human organs, 212 recreational drugs with a shitton of metal from a magical derelict ship.
>hit that transponder right before I jump into a neutral system
>suddenly flanked by two patrol fleets
>sweatingbullets.jpg
>they scan me, cant seem to find the fuckton of illicit goods
>dock that shit yo
>90k EZ

On a side note are there tips to selling illegal goods? would a military post want more personal firearms or do they usually have surplus?

High tech or low tech?

strawpoll.com/ag2d9sry

low-tech a shit

>hightech
>an option
hahahaha

>ten minutes later
>only two replies
DED
E
D

>Have to share a thread with Ludd fanatics

>Fighting a remnant battlestation
>About to max flux because I'm getting focused
>Attempt to use remaining flux to teleport back to vent
>Ship teleports in place 4 times
>Overload

what ship where you using?

Posts want firearms, they don't produce them. I believe there was a thread that posted the numerical effects of market conditions

Pandemonium, pls no bully about not soloing the battlestation

E-burn over to that Scyan fleet and hope they intercept them.

>Edit Nex settings
>Just change the player faction name and the ships they use
>Game starts to hang ever half hour or so now
God damnit.

are you perchance playing on a slav pc