ITT: We work on our shitboxes

ITT: We work on our shitboxes
>catastrophic slave cylinder failure edition

Other urls found in this thread:

battleversion.com/store/sc-91-00/
collinsadapters.com/index.php/sc400-to-ka24de-transmission-swap-kit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kW8UMSo2IWc
ebay.com/itm/OBX-Individual-Throttle-Body-ITB-FITS-Lexus-Toyota-4-0L-1UZ-FE-V8-Non-VVTi-/232364000446?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>check lights before driving home
>right taillight is out
>not dark yet though
>get home, check lights again
>everything is fine

>driving home
>clutch starts sticking
>pull it up with toe
>get home and pull into garage
>push clutch in and hear audible pop
>brake fluid fucking everywhere

I'm the luckiest man alive. I can't afford to tow my shitbox.

>foglights stay on all the time
>pull fuse so as not to drain battery while at work
>open up dash and rewire
>bypass multifunction switch/stalk and install tiny hidden switch
>everything works fine now

my nissan has a split steering rack boot. so I need to buy a rack and stands to replace that at some point this weekend.

>rack
*jack

You don't have a jack, my dude? Are you new to this?

up to now I've been using my dads tools. but he's dead and all this shit went to the second wife.
i'll spare the details but i'm going to need to buy new tools

Ah, I gotchya. Sorry about that broski and I wish you luck.

Also, look how fuckin rusty my master cylinder is holy shit. Good thing I'm replacing this too.

yesterday the linkage that connects the passenger side exterior door handle to the release mechanism failed so now not only does the fucking door not open from the outside but the window hits the broken shit when i roll it down so now i gotta fix that on top of the drivers side door lock and the throttle position sensor, and i still need to fucking buy a set of winter tires for this fucking thing

its fun as hell but its breaking down as much as my Chrysler Concorde did and i vowed never again after that expensive mistake

but honestly i am falling in love with the car, i kinda just wanna get rid of it and get a fully built NA sc400 with a manual swap drift suspension and perfect interior and exterior + low miles instead of wasting my time and money on this old and abused one but i am having a difficult time finding any for sale since its so old

my evo also has this problem on top of my sc400 having all that shit going on

i need to fucking fix that, im kinda just putting it off until summer when i take it out of storage

>sc400
brother

i would pay 15000 right now for a low miles gun metal gray manual 5 speed sc400 set up for drifting with stock interior and exterior

never seen a manual sc400 but this listed for a while.

suspension componenets
battleversion.com/store/sc-91-00/

the kit
collinsadapters.com/index.php/sc400-to-ka24de-transmission-swap-kit.html

transmission swap vid
youtube.com/watch?v=kW8UMSo2IWc

itb's
ebay.com/itm/OBX-Individual-Throttle-Body-ITB-FITS-Lexus-Toyota-4-0L-1UZ-FE-V8-Non-VVTi-/232364000446?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

Waiting for my new ignition barrel from ebay. I really with i had of just paid more for one from a local shop

W58 is piece of shit compared to R154. And Getrag V160/V161 holds higher torque than R154 does. Living in the US I'd use T56 or T6050 instead R154 or a V160/161.

Love me some cardboard gaskets

>all this shit went to the second wife
call that bitch up and talk to her about it, wtf is she gonna do with all those tools besides sell them

presumably she's gonna sell them.
lawyers and shit were involved so I can't just go round there and borrow things anymore.
i'm $200,000 and a car better off though.

>CD player buzzes like ten thousand horny hornets
>need to take the AC blower out as well as the head unit
>blower unit is made of this brittle fucking plastic and you need to disengage 5 clips to pull it out before getting the head unit out
>terrified of shattering the blower unit when I start to root around on the clips and pop it out

Electrical issues drive me fucking crazy, why can't it be ever something more straightforward like needing a new brake caliper or something

>tfw miat is bleeding

Happened to me not too long ago as well, no neutral safety switch so just started the car in gear and drove home.

yikes. but ive seen worse.

>nissan
>Melanin-enriched

like pottery

>tfw for once everything is working 100% perfectly

except some odd vibration when accelerating in 3rd gear from 50 - 60km/h.

Only 3rd, only that speed range.

Oh well.

My Driver side Wheel bearing is going out. Thankfully its near the holiday So ill have a few days to fix it up. Hope it holds up for 3 more days.

Along with the clutch hydraulics, I just did both sets of front wheel bearings in my 944. It took all of 2 hours, you'll be fine.

Gotta love swapping lower arms, leaf springs and anything else with unlubricated/proofed steel sleeves & bolts

yes my friend. I took that photo of my hand. I was replacing that thing I haven't the tools to replace. I totally didn't just find a picture of a steering boot on jewgle and use that.

the point of getting the v8 is having the v8 and not slopping it up with forced induction, i have a fast FI car i want a reliable daily driftable commuter car

Oh god I love it when dissimilar metals weld themselves together through the magic of corrosion.

Here is a cheeky lil hole from a thrown rod on a '99 CBR 900 RR

>get warning indicator for a burnt light
>rear left running tail light is out
>smack it, it turns on

Put some dielectric grease on the bulb and make sure its seated properly in the socket. Corrosion on the contacts could easily cause your problem.