Crown Victoria (1350$) vs marauder(1700$)

fuuuuuck anons which should I choose two really really good deals.

Option 1: 2005 Crown Vik 140k miles, Perfect condition, test drove it and nothing wrong
for 1350$

Option 2: 2003 Mercury Marauder, says needs new headlight and new catalyst converter or get it straight piped,
but the engine still runs
I can change the converter my self and swap it out for like 300$

marauder is 1700$

will test drive the Marauder tomorrow

??????what would you guys do

Is the crown vic a p71?

yes it is

The Crown Vic is not necessarily a P71 but a P71 is a Crown Vic

I say go for the cvpi
Sounds it will give you less maintenance on the long run

Get the vic then, dunno about marauders but a grand marquis has 4 fucking cats and figuring out which one is bad is a pain in the ass afaik

But a p71 isn't a p7b
And p74 is a crown Victoria
We can't forget to take into account that the p72 isn't a p73

Besides Vic's are more reliable

The marauder is a 300 HP crown Vic. They are also somewhat rare. I would go for the marauder myself. The Vic family is cheap as shit to work on in general

There is no possible way you found a Marauder, for sale, in the USA, for 1700 bucks. I do not believe this to any degree.

good ones also go for 8k I would avoid it unless you know what you're getting into

Tbh can't make a bad choice
They are both panthers

Panthers (later years, anyway) have two catalytic converter assemblies for four total, one two-segment piece on each side just after the exhaust manifold. Dual exhaust cars have an H pipe further down the line (pictured), single exhaust has a Y-pipe instead that exits on the passenger side.

If the Marauder hasn't been taken care of perfectly, go for the Crown Vic for sure. Marauders have less parts interchange due to the 4-valve DOHC engine instead of the standard 2v. Also if you're a poorfag, they're supposed to use premium gas only. Shit, I'd be wary of any Marauder under two grand given they only made about 10k of them, compared to nearly 200k Grand Marquis in the same two-year time span (and who knows how many Crown Vics and Town Cars).

Stop getting up in arms about VINs, it's easier to type P71 than Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, especially given the P7B replaced the P71 for what, one year only just before they canned the whole platform?

What's the mileage?

not sure yet I am waiting his response, but I would think around the same as the other 140k

>I sell u marauder instead
yes very good deal my friend, very good

(run away)

ya i think I will go with the P71 since the guy is an old mechanic and i trust him 100% and the car is in perfect shape (new paint job too)

the Marauder guy is kinda sketchy and really pushy kinda weird

hahaha

A good cvpi won't let you down
I have a 08 never lets me down

get the maurader its 4.6 4 valve .those things are fucking monsters on the street.

get an LTD

i know they are, but I think that I would have to put in an extra 500 + hours of my own labor fixing that shit

how are they different from vics? I thought they are pretty much the same

Buy the crown vik

The Marauder is wasted thats why it is so cheap