Is Ford superior to General Motors?

Is Ford superior to General Motors?

definitely not

*citation needed*

Both are good, just don't buy Chrysler junk

we already know that, but we need to find out which one is superior

They didn't go bankrupt because they didn't build shitty unreliable cars that nobody wanted to buy, so I would definitely say so. Not to mention the (((ABSOLUTE))) popularity of Ford trucks over Chevy.

HOW ABOUT WE ALL STOP MAKING SHIT THREADS HUH?

Camaro is faster than the Mustang, but I'd take the Mustang for visibility and aesthetics.

>Camaro is faster than the Mustang,
no it isn't

Depends

They make damn good oil filters

one went bankrupt and one didn't

Yes and no. Do you want consistent performance or high highs and really low lows? See, GM is more even in that it has an entrenched corporate culture that's really good at squashing ambitious people. Ford is even today is still made up of little fiefdoms that cooperate better than they used to but are still susceptible to a strong leader taking over and getting what he wants. This means that GM is sort of like McDonalds in that they make bland shit but you know what it will be. Ford otoh is wilder in that they make 10 piles of junk and then one really awesome car that makes you forget about the 10 junkpiles.

FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY

I feel like GM makes objectively "better" products but they can't make truly "desirable" products like Ford can. GM can make a car go stupid fast but it'll lack that "special sauce" some vehicles have, the intangible stuff you can't appreciate on a spec sheet.

I liked GM more only because of Holden and SAAB, but they're both fucken dead now so GM now has no redeeming qualities and is infinitely worse for killing them off

Found
On
Roadside
Dead

dumbass

Citeron is superior to GM.

>Not liking them purely for Pontiac and Olds
Shit taste confirmed

yes

Non existent in Australia so I could not give less of a shit.

Every other GM product here are rebadged Vauxhalls, opels, Chevies and daewoos

Definitely not. Falcon a SHIT

SS 1LE puts up faster laptimes than a GT350 lol

Uh oh

First On Race Day

Hurr Hurr Hurr

>The absolute state of Australia

At least spell Citroën right if you're gonna advocate for it.

Ford is better than Chevy, sure, but Pontiac and Olds..... wait nevermind.

yall niggas need to quit bringing up Pontiac and Olds and making me sad and shit

Here, let me remind you of a time when they were garbage.

I hate you less now

>i buy cars because popularity

fag. a camaro smokes any mustang

whats with fags comparing racing cars with the road cars that have extremely low in common

any road going camaro 1le would smoke a mustang

>A camaro smokes any mustang
lol

>tfw you get a (You) that wasn't meant for you
My Camaro would get smoked by any mustang 2005 or newer lol

everything American was awful at that time but at least Olds tried something new for American makes

90s made up for it

whoops

>tfw

From making a smallblock that was by and far the best of any GM car to that

>people got so mad when they found out GM was putting Chevy engines in Oldsmobile they sued GM and won
this should tell you everything you need to know about the Rocket V8

that said I still prefer Ford in these modern times and Id say they are better

yeah and then GM said lolfuckyou and made the SBC the standard across all of GM getting rid of of any brand uniqeness

The rocket V8 responded better to modfication than every other smallblock of its era save the B383

general motors has more divisions and more to go wrong
ford is conservative by comparison

I'm sorry 340

both are dead
no more tears only badge engineering now

It still hurts. Pontiac was the only thing I ever admired GM for.

I remember seeing that in some book when I was a kid at the library (lol) and thought it was the coolest shit and forgot about it until that post

neato

>45 bumps for this Facebook-tier thread

Jesus Christ people

I've yet to see as many Ford trucks with 250k-300k as I've seen GM trucks.
We've had 3 suburbans with 200k-250k miles and all have never failed us as well as friends, families, teachers, etc with old chevy trucks with usually 200k on it. Notably a friend's beat to shit s10 with 300k+ miles on it and still chugging along.

Ford has a cool factor with things like the mustang, but I can't not love GM (specifically trucks) for their, at times, unfortunate reliability.

Imagine if olds was still around and brought back the 442. How do I go to that timeline

Constantly
Having
Every
Vehicle
Recalled
Over
Lousy
Engineering
Techniques

Ford's only problem is how they shovel their twin turbo engine down everyone's throat. It's a garbage engine that might have to get replaced before 100k miles. That is if the average modern car owner would keep their vehicle for that long. Their V8s are solid tho.

Of course ecobutt shills will try to defend this retarded engine and say it preforms well and it's faster than any V8 while not actually acknowledging it's short lifespan.

All we know is that Toyota outsells the two combined.

mopar supremacy

GM killed SAAB

>gm was better in the late 90s-early 00s because ls1
>ford was better in the 80s because foxbodies and god-tier inline 6 f150's over POS turd-gens
>both are pretty much identical now except chevy has the SS which is basically a revived, based pontiac G8, but it isn't popular so no one gives a shit

TL;DR chevy/pontiac if you gotta go fast for cheap
>mfw picking up a 400hp firehawk for 7500 burgers

>When you break out the calculator only to realize the 60% region is "240 models" and not the Fshitty.
Also
>20 best selling vehicles
>Versa not on the list even though it sold 300k units more than the F150 according to their own data
wew what dumbass intern made this graphic?

nice delusion

>Found
>On
>Roadside
>Dead

Faggots
Or
Redditors
Drive