/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 10th of July:
988 – The Norse King Glúniairn recognises Máel Sechnaill mac Domnaill, High King of Ireland, and agrees to pay taxes and accept Brehon Law; the event is considered to be the founding of the city of Dublin.
1882 – War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
1940 – World War II: The Vichy government is established in France.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDBbEvkLnHk
youtube.com/watch?v=3UBDrkpxvGg
youtu.be/Oph14OIUdQ0
mediafire.com/folder/l59aclvqzrx05/S._American_Autism
victoria2wiki.com/Modding_overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

*reports and ignores you*

greater turkiye soon
youtube.com/watch?v=cDBbEvkLnHk

/gsg/ gsg when?

This is harder than I thought.
Mongols can be 2fast4u on their horses.
And when they get the chance to attack instead of defending, you can't really stop them.

Let them win y/n?

What is the most cucked, scummy, non-syndicalist nation in KR and why is it Austria?

>chooses between wobbly liberal federation, a syndicalist hellhole or reforming an even more wobbly liberal version of the AHE
>eternal desire to stab the Italian Federation (read: the just heart of Catholicism, in the back)
>despises Mittleeuropa,
>literally will not stop sending dozens of volunteer divisions to the 3rd Internationale
>fucks over IGR everytime
>when its not fucking over fellow white monarchies, it sits around taking up living space in its super homosexual, passive aggressive "2.5 Internationale."

Fuck Austria and fuck AHEfags. Literally eternal Austrians causing world wars for the benefit of commies regardless of timeline.

Is there an extended time line mod for ck2? Also can someone link me to a mod guide/Walk through? I want to make an mod about Lithuania continuing to be pagan and events about their dealings with catholic Germans and orthodox Russians. Maybe have them form a syndication religion with Slavic poles

Are you sure you have slavery allowed? I made southern Bulgaria a slave state by adding slave pops to Petrich and nothing else, what else are you doing?

>2.5 Internationale
I laughed

download links to meiou taxes 2.0?

Papist Italy
>tell USA to stop being antisemitic
>sanctions countries for persecuting jews
>meddle in other countries' politics to reduce antisemitism
>take in jewish refugees
>internationally praise jews as brothers in faith

seriously what the fuck

Does Turkey have slavery allowed as well?
Maybe it checks if whoever has cores in that province has slavery allowed

What you need to do is rush straight for their capital, as it's the only province in their nation with a victory point. Then you can just annex them.

if you kill your enemies, they win
>8
>14
>13
let them win

The Ottoman Empire IS Turkey, it's the same tag. If slavery wasn't allowed the slaves would turn into farmers day 2, which is why I played it for a few days to show you.

turkish world map
youtube.com/watch?v=3UBDrkpxvGg

Lmao I tought you were Bulgaria

Daily Autism

No, they have Urumqi too.
I need a general push to get the Xibei VPs too.
Fuck the mongols, what are they even made out of?

Unlike the eternal Austrian you can choose not to be a huge cuck. Also 6million volunteers to AUS and Carlist Spain, deus vult.

What comfy country should I play in HPM? What is my endgame?

Poortugal
Make it not poor

That's the thing, the new states don't carry that much power.

>hen you have the alternative ACW, where the FSA declares independence.
The Alternative ACW is based not on CON like the normal ACW but on time, so I get where you are coming from. Still, the ACW trigger is UH liberal support so if the north gets enough CON the CSA still declares independence, because the UH will be controlled by the liberals (not to mention the liberals of the slave states). It's a bit of a complicated issue but maybe if the events not only reduced CON in the south but also increase Conservative support? That way it can be balanced out.

I will also re-do the reconstruction decision so it works differently for the alternative ACW.

I will take a look but being cultivated in a place doesn't necessarily mean it will get an RGO. RGOs, while they try to simulate the main goods that come out of a province, also have balance in mind and a lot of crops or mines in places yielded an almost insignificant or small output of goods to be considered the main good for the province.

1. I will take a look but I can't promise anything. Borders aren't aligned based on that.
2. No. If the Boers declared their independence, they won't petition to become colonial subjects again. Not even from the Netherlands. That won't change.
3. The trigger for that event is someone owning Walvis Bay (and Germany being a GP). I guess I could make it a decision instead of an event and condition it to a naval tech. That would make it better and less frequent.
4. They would be mostly renamed to English names, so that seems a bit pointless. Though I've been thinking of grouping all the renaming in SA to a single decision, that way it could have both Boer and English names and be used in any situation, I guess.

Portugal
Take Galicia from Spain and reconquer Brazil.

Portugal
ethnic ally cleanse brazil

download ink for mayo?

based as fuark

>Industry doubled
In a year, this part of the country will be stable.

is this the birth of an epic new meme?

Why don't my states become slave states
Slavery is allowed and I've added slave pops, is there anything else I can do?

Stop stealing my ideas
I can send you the files if you want

>got banned for a post i didn't even make
Those reddit mods are really losing it. Not only can you not post if your account is less than a month old, but they'll look for any excuse to ban you, even if you post on-topic content.

What kind of files

>Game doesn't give me enough time to prepare new units
I'll guess it's better to wait a little.

white men

That's pretty much what's needed. Maybe you are putting the modified files in the wrong place or modifying vanilla files while using a mod or you are adding a really low number of slave pops so the game ends up just merging these pops.
I can't tell you why your changes don't work. You need to figure out that yourself.

pop files

Didn't you literally admit here that you were the one doing that? Like, I'm not sure what you expected.

Well, I'm fairly sure they're in the right place, I don't know what's the prolem then.
Thanks for responding anyways
What did you change

I think I will go with the Republic. (Even though I went with Yunnan so that I don't have to play as them)
This National Protection Allience thing feels like it's not really a nation yet, just a few warlords doing shit.

Hey, could you please link me to some molding Info? Something a Mongolia like me can understand?

white men

see

I mostly finished dividing Spanish American pops into Mestizo and Criollo

white man

Ok send them

Oh, you posted in this thread too. Anyway, you very publicly stated here you were going to make a duplicate account and post that, so I don't see why it would be that stupid for them to assume it was you who posted it.

thread on reddit about a 20th/21st century gsg
>The refugee crisis currently going on is nothing compared to what's coming when the damage of climate change really takes hold.
>So any events referencing it would be dark humor that considers those worried about Refugees as stupid as we consider early modern people who were worried about comets.

w ew

IIRC that wasn't a duplicate account, but a separate user wanting in on the trolling.

>Dutch Egypt with Cairo under direct rule from Amsterdam
How does this happen?
Too late lad

this post isn't meneth
but it's a reddit mod
makes you wonder

youtu.be/Oph14OIUdQ0

>prussiafags will defend this

I never said I was making a duplicate, nor did, laddo. To be very quite honest, I was EXTREMELY surprised someone would go to the lengths of editing it to make it commie.

Guys i have an idea to make diplomacy interesting in 4X games. We just make it closer to how it works IRL, the main game play change is simple but HUGE, hear me out

>> You do not own any territories until your claims are recognized by other players.

This is the central premise behind diplomacy in the real world (case in point, you can read about the ownership of the south pole). This change would make diplomacy one of the central aspects of the game, you can send settlers everywhere but until other players recognize through diplomacy your territorial claims then then your borders are not real.
This would force players to engage in diplomacy in order to get as many other players as possible to recognize their own borders. You and your neighbor have a claim for the same territory? Then war it is! Or maybe you can sell the recognition in exchange for that neighbors recognition of another territory that is of more strategic value to you. That would also force players to create "natural" alliances with other players that dont have conflicting territorial claims (at least until a new natural resource appears and they both need it), juts like IRL.

Any thoughts?

Pic very related

>Guys i have an idea to make diplomacy interesting in 4X games
stopped reading there, why don't you take it to the stellaris or civilization general

I made America Great Again.

mod?

based cuckmod dispensing redditor justice like a g-d damn BAWS putting these drumpf supporters in their trashcans

mediafire.com/folder/l59aclvqzrx05/S._American_Autism

i have, but then i realized it would also make a nice addition to GS games

Literally just HPM but I triggered disunited states then puppeted and used changeowner to fix borders.

Based

Would New Nations Mod work with HPM?

NNM is the base of HPM, you don't need it.

make a nice addition to /gsg/ and stream your suicide instead so that we don't have to read your dogshit ever again

>I can actually have a National China dictatorship masquerading as a Republic
Nice.

yeah just fuck off mate

I'm the user that was asking what a good economy game nation would be, and then asked questions about the CSA. This game is pretty fun, although the borders are atrocious.

That HoI4 font mod is cancer.

Someone post that map with all the RGO changes like oil and rubber and such

Top kek, I didn't know they controlled all of the paradox subreddits.

Republics can be dictatorial user. They just can't be monarchic.

Yup, im off, you guys are not good people.

yeah dude redpill those redditors
haha nice

based cuckbro signing out and checking into his shed

You are retarded

>expecting good people

t.

>although the borders are atrocious
because you went full epic retard by making the new states out west slave states.

Alright lads, let's do this

I wish I could personally execute every single person that has used reddit with a rusty knife even if it took me a hundred years

The other user was right, you can't really support the Commune with troops.
Then I will just negotiate with the Germans and hope for the best. (But I prepared the army, it's on the border, I will wait for the 4 new divisions to finish training and then I sit down to the negotiating table)
You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than with just a kind word.

>implying dictators aren't just monarchs with less fancy hats

Look, fucko, the point of it was to cripple the USA so bad it could never again pose a serious threat to me. Once the truce is over I'm going to hit them again, unless they get sphered by a GP.

what am I even looking at?

>the point of it was to cripple the USA
except that's not how it works me kid, there's a limited amount of slave states that become CSA cores, so if you make the western ones slave states there's a chance you wont get oklahoma for example or some other state like kentucky.

is that monaco

you suck at this game, uninstall and go play DOTA or something

Well nobody fucking told me that, mate, the game certainly doesn't tell you.
How about fuck off

>Germany doesn't give a shit about the negotiation
>Threaten with violence
>AOG folds anyway
Good.
But Japan went to war with Qing, that's bad.

Time to shine lads

>Well nobody fucking told me that
just did my dude, now you know

proof me wrong

Cheers user, just going to roll with it.
Weirdly enough, Germany and France are republics, and it's just 1865. Russkies fucking invaded Egypt and took Sinai.

Should I go the "sneeky sekret servise" route or the "brute force route"?

How about you stop posting shit

>winning as Shanqing
>Japan puppets Qing via event and stops the war

Bullshit desu

I already answered it here victoria2wiki.com/Modding_overview