2013 FRS

>50k miles
>12k usd
Worth? Or spend $2k more and get one with 30k miles

Will be highway driven daily (rain snow sun 365) - not going to mod engine, is 20k miles difference worth $2k?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=se5LVsiTfvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Assuming the industry standard of 10k a year in mileage, it'd theoretically net you another two years of driving without issues. Do you drive more than that, or intend to own it that long? If no, I say no. That $2k can pay for a lot of oil changes, insurance payments, and fuel fill ups.

I intend to keep it forever desu, I want to eventually mod for power of course, but for the next 3-4 years it will stay engine stock and only be a daily

what type of issues would i be looking at mainly? nothing major but minor few hundred here and there stuff?

>buying a used [[[[[[[[[sports]]]]]]]]]] car
>ever

>paying $35k for a [[[[[[sports]]]]]] car with 200hp
>ever

But isn't buying a brand new car a total ripoff? Educate me please

Go for it. 20k wouldn't make a difference on those

it's bait

Do you really wanna buy a car that's been thrashed? Cause that's all anyone ever does in a RWD manual car. thrash the fucking shit out of it.

>should I buy a basically new car or a basically new car that is $2k more
Wowee, I don't know.

the frs is pretty reliable

>I intend to keep it forever desu
Every 16 year old thinks this about their first car.

Heck I remember when I was 16 and thought that way, an old car guy told me I would grow out of it and I thought he was wrong and I never would. Turns out he was right.

The FRS is a beginners car, you'll move on. Be wise and buy a car with the long view.

This isn't the only car I want to buy... This is going to be a daily.

Bump

I bought a 2013 BRZ with like 45k on the clock. Previous owner took excellent care of it. Only thing wrong is that the second gear synchros are a bit worn, but that's no biggie.

As for you OP, I'd lean toward $2k less. That's the kind of thing where I'd want to go look at both in person to see if either is noticeably more worn in.

That’s what I’m thinking too. $2k is a lot for maintenance

>Every 16 year old thinks this about their first car.
>The FRS is a beginners car, you'll move on. Be wise and buy a car with the long view.
I still have my first car and plan on keeping it forever. I'm sure you'll miss your first car eventually.

Why would you want something slower than a mini van lmao get a used v8 stang or charger not thst piece of shit

>Don't listen to Veeky Forums
>Take the $2000 and spend it on a aftermarket warranty if you're buying it from a dealer

Reminder they're getting as cheap as decent S2000s. 2001-2006 S2000 w/70-120k miles vs 2013-14 FRS w/50-70k miles: Its a no braner, get the newer more practical car with less miles.

>Its a no braner
>(You)

totally depends on the owner, a lot will baby their nice car more than their regular one.

Preludes are so nice, their design will be forever timeless, decades ahead of anything else. I want to buy one one day and restore it.
Agreed, I'm going for it, going to look at a couple and make my decision on which one, thank you
that's what a lot of FRS owners i've talked to say as well, they might thrash it or have some fun but they take care of it and do everything to make sure its always at its optimal operating standards

>buying a 5 year old BOXER engine
Kek

>I intend to keep it forever desu, I want to eventually mod for power of course

No you don't.
youtube.com/watch?v=se5LVsiTfvo

No way, don't do it the car has probably been driven the ever loving fuck out of

Jesus christ this pretty much proves this fucking car wasn't designed to be modder friendly with how much bullshit they have to go through

>second gear synchros are a bit worn
that's exactly what happens when you thrash the shit out of it.

yeah, they take care of it, until it time to sell = time to thrash

>>paying $35k for a [[[[[[sports]]]]]] car with 200hp
MRSP for a BRZ is 25k. You can easily get them for less.

>that's exactly what happens when you thrash the shit out of it
Or when you let somebody who sucks at manual drive it, as in the case of my previous dog-owner lesbomobile
>take apart steering column
>shag carpet inside

That's OK. Needs new gear oil anyway since the stock stuff as usual is like sludge in the winter and probably some shockproof superlight or some such will solve two problems for one. Mechanically it's pretty tight still, and he managed to keep it looking pretty much showroom quality despite salty NE winters and running snow tires (rears of course worn down). And he paid some custom shop to put a more comfortable button on the hand brake lel. Uploaded custom Greddy start-up screen on the awful computer box touch screen radio thing. Loud expensive exhaust, but looks damn near new and easy enough to swap an OEM takeoff back in and sell the aftermarket at a profit. Decent service record. Got the crickets fixed but didn't care about the tail light condensation.

All in all he took good care of it. Doesn't even smell like farts or have an ass print ground into the driver's seat.

Oh and he had this aftermarket lip on the front that reduced the ground clearance to about a 1/16". How he managed to keep that on unscathed is a mystery to me. It literally tore half off from moderate highway driving within a few hundred miles.
>stop at gas station
>old guy watfacing at me
>hey neighbor :^)
uh, you're scraping!
>half the lip is torn off
>totally don't feel like they biggest asshat in the world
>welp, time to start up the loud exhaust again