Can someone explain what the appeal of buying a car like this would be compared to say, an accord v6 or TL...

Can someone explain what the appeal of buying a car like this would be compared to say, an accord v6 or TL? I've seen a few 2006-2010 honda fits for fairly cheap but what's the pros and cons of driving something like this? Seems kinda faggy to me. But on the flipside finding a solid 7th gen accord v6 is not easy

Small, fuel efficient, but with heaps of usable space. Practical af

but how's the performance?

It's cheap A-B transport that sips fuel and can park basically anywhere.

Sure it's slow and looks gay but it does it's intended purpose very well.

That's actually my dream car. The engineering on that thing is amazing. The space you get on such a compact vehicle, idk how those Japs did it. It's a shame the generations after it started becoming bigger with less interior space.

it's slow and uninspiring like any other 4 pot economy car.

always see old women driving these going 40 on national speed limit roads

Amazing. Just look at this. The way they designed the fuel tank and rear suspension.

No idea, i drive a 5.7 litre v8 saloon, i cant understand the appeal of these compact cars unless you are poor and need to get as far as you can for your $$$ with fuel

i drive an ed6 hatchback and i dream of owning a Honda Fit

>the appeal

turning. not being needless. the ability to maneuver around obstacles

What says my car can't turn?
it probably handles better than your econobox and the turning circle is fine, never had a problem getting into a parking space or anything.

same as every other tFuFu hatchback ?

your car can objectively, in a mathematically definable way, cannot handle as well as the OP hatch.
This isnt even a discussion point. The science is settled as they say.

Because sedan trunks are a fucking joke. I pity the fool who doesn't have a hatch or liftback.

I'm telling you guys. The space efficiency on a first gen fit is amazing without sacrificing safety, mainly due to the rear suspension and fuel tank location. That's how it won car of the year. The 2nd gen fit didn't carry that over though.

>Safety
>Rear mounted fuel tanks are a safety issue
This is also why you shouldn't buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Exactly what youd expect from 109 hp..... lol there not much "performance" to be had.

A 65 year old female coworker had one, that and a young 21 year old girl at my work.

These are not cars for men.

Literally the definition of point A to point B.

This. I have a sedan Focus and I regret not getting a hatchback. It actually looks nicer and has heaps of space

07 fit sport auto owner here (CDN)

I never thought I'd buy one but my grandma gave me a good price and I've done oil changes on these at work with 500 000 km on the factory motor and trans

Pros- stupid fuel efficiency
-Great for moving furniture, my 300 lbs tool box, groceries, 3 pairs of skis, camping stuff and odd ball cargo like potted plants the split rear seats can be folded up to allow use of the flat floor
-Parts are relatively cheap, and everything can be fixed with a basic socket and tool set with easy access
-Short gears up to 3rd allow pedal to the metal city driving and I have the paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm a Indy driver on the same roads the Toronto Indy cars drive on
Headroom for miles front and back and I'm 6' 2"
-Durable thing considering my grandma put on less than 3000 km in 3 years and I've put on 30 000 km in 1 year and I drive like a bat out of hell and take gutter lines like takumi

Cons
-No lumbar support in front seats and drives over 2 hours gets uncomfortable
-A/C system and blower motor are both under-powered but rear vents under front seats makes sure the rear passengers aren't uncomfortable
-Dead axle in the back and lightweight make winter driving challenging but winter tires and common sense will prevail (above 60 km/h on snow covered country roads the back end gets twitchy and same on gravel in summer above 80 km/h it gets fun)
-Rear drum brakes aren't ideal but beggars can't be choosers
-AWD would be great but only on JDM Jazz Si
-water leaks in trunk from roof and body plugs behind bumper allow water to pool in spare tire well but can be fixed with just some silicon
-OEM paint is thin but so is every Japanese manufacturer but I have Bird poo damage on roof
- 15" rims with 4 x 100 mm bolt pattern and oddball stock 195/55R15 tires limit options but my 185/65R15 winters fit fine
-Rust at only ~90 000 km when I got it the engine sub frame had surface rust on the verge of being an issue but some rust paint fixed that

Here's the 500 000 km 08 fit and this was the only oil seepage visible and I've seen 1.8 L corrolas with the same amount coming from the oil pressure sensor at 100 000 km

Pro: subcompact so parking, turning easier. hatchback and split fold seats provide utility for groceries or cargo. Light so your fuel efficiency should be pretty good
Con: no uprated engine option
need to install your own insulation if it's a first gen
the longer compact bodystyle never exported to north america, you have to go to a different model if you need a tad more space.

>not liking light weight 4bangers that you can throw around twisties

I own a second gen (2012) Fit Sport.
It's under-powered, but incredibly fun to drive because of how well it handles.

My biggest complaint is the lack of power and the fuel economy is less than what you would expect from it (~35mpg cruising at 80 for 45 minutes to work in the mornings).

It won Car and Driver 10 Best for several years, until the third gen (which Honda completely ruined) came out.

So if you buy a fit sport, is there no way to increase it's power at all?

I would bet if you kept it at 60-65mph on the highway you'd get higher than 35mpg highway.

Not OP, but my question is should I buy a used Fit (1st or 2nd gen) or should I buy a used Toyota Matrix? Does it even matter? I just want a practical car, that's cheap to own, insure, and run. I like the Corolla, but I LOVE hatchbacks and I don't think I could live without one.

>I would bet if you kept it at 60-65mph on the highway you'd get higher than 35mpg highway.
Yes, but the flow of traffic is 80 so I would die doing 60.

1st gen Fit has a decent mod community, but be aware that it is an incredibly stripped down car.
2nd gen Fit was refined a lot, but only on the Sport trim. The base trim feels super cheap with shit plastics on the interior.

My second gen is at 110k. I drive it over 100 miles a day and gives me no problems, but that's to be expected from a Jap-built Hondas.

How do you do on gas normally and how much does it normally cost to fill up? I have a Forester right now, and don't get me wrong, it's great. But it sucks up fuel like crazy and is too god damn heavy.

It has a real-time fuel efficiency calculator in the dash. If I cruise at 70, it says I'm getting about 40mpg.
I cruise around 80 to work to keep up with traffic, and it goes down to ~30. It averages out to around 35 at the end of the day.

It only costs me $20 to fill up, but that's because the 2012 Fit only has a 9 gallon fuel tank, which is one of things I dislike about it.

Oh okay so nobody is going to answer my fucking shit? This is why I don't even bother posting man fucking bullshit fuck this board

A V6 accord is 2 car classes bigger than a fit, uses twice the amount of gas, and is about twice as fast.

Not even remotely the same car. Accords are for tall people.

Don't have a temper tantrum you child but to answer your question the answer is no. Same engine across all models and it's designed and tuned for economy. The L15a7 in the 1st gen has a decent bottom end but even turbo fits barely make 300 hp and you will sacrifice long term durability. Best bet is to put in a K-series but it's a tight fit.

A jazz is probably more fun to drive than your commodore.

>Literally the definition of point A to point B.

That's a camry.

>an amerishart confused by the idea of driving something that doesn't drink 4 gallons to do 1/4 mile

That guy said "saloon" you mong