Why do you guys hate Tesla so much?

Why do you guys hate Tesla so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story,amp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we don't, just the fanbois

No.
We just hate Elon Meme and his customers/worshippers.

Because they can't make an EV without a fucking tablet in the dash

Base model corolla interiors are the best interiors as far as I'm concerned. Simple and easy to use controls that get the job done. No flashy shit for gauges. Comfy cloth seats. Perfection.

>aww cool gullwings
>I fucking love those
>wait
>what
>if
>I
>want
>to
>put
>something
>on
>the
>roof
>of
>my
>fucking
>S
>U
>V
and at that moment I realized that tesla doesn't employ people who like cars and driving. nor does it employ smart engineers it employs cyclists. a bunch of fucking vegans and bus riders.
they don't want to save me from bullshit emission rules that cuck me by forcing me have a less powerful engine. it's just a bunch of cheap uni graduates that don't understand fun making giant RC cars for other faggots that don't understand fun.

What guys like you don't understand that they make cars for people that you hate the most.
The tablet/smartphone people who normally hate cars. This is a completely new generation that is growing into driver license age currently and will be the majority soon while classic car enthusiasts will vanish more and more.
They PERFECTLY know their audience and got into this early and it will pay off.

Tesla is pretty much the Applel of cars.

Cyclists wouldn't want gullwings, vegans would disapprove of the leather seats and trim, and busriders would design the first Scion XB

the bus riders want gullwings the cyclists want leather and the vegans just copy German naming protocol

It's blatant looking at the Tesla truck too. They spend zero time researching what the target demographic wants or needs in the vehicle. They just sort of cobble together some ideas at random and stick a bunch of batteries in it and call it a day.

I hate the people that drive them

It will probably take them another decade to realise they don't have the clout to set (retarded) trends like Apple, and have to emulate other manufacturers and do extensive consumer research.

that plate, didnt that belong to a 1g roadster before?

Because their very existence takes the driving out of driving. It takes away the sound, the interaction, the handling, and throws it all out the window that probably opens freaking sideways.

They're too much of a computer on wheels to be safe. What happens when autopilot gets gremlins, as all things electrical do when they get old? What happens when a sensor freaks out? What happens when it goes full throttle and sticks there because of a glitch?

There's no manual override, everything you do has to be approved by the car, it takes your control away.

>It will probably take them another decade to realise they don't have the clout to set (retarded) trends like Apple,
but they do, everyone is copying Tesla by adding more touchscreens and making electric cars that people actually want
too bad they're all gonna fail because Tesla has already cornered the market and got a massive head start, everyone else is playing catch-up

Because of you fucking insufferable fanboys and cult of musk worshippers. Also the interiors are TRASH, fuck your enormous touch screen! And the products are reportedly low quality for the price.

one simple touchscreen > a massive ocean of cheap, failure-prone, plastic buttons

Don't get me wrong, I love Teslas. They're neat cars, and they get props for doing electric right before everyone else did and making them desirable.
I hate the insufferable, beanie cap wearing, man bun sporting, Mumford n Sons blasting fanboys. "Hurr Tesla is best hurr your car pollutes". Elon Musk is not the next messiah you tards

>touch screen
>simple
kek
>cheap failure prone plastic buttons
my buttons and switches are older than Tesla Motors and they all work just fine
really activates your almonds

Enjoy your shitty interface which is devoid of haptic feedback and ugly as sin

I was hoping my thread wouldn't devolve into a shitstorm.

Veeky Forumstists can't deal with the fact that they don't belong in the future
Tesla serves as a harsh reminder of this

Because their are already millions of poor niggers on welfare, why add billionaires?

Because if means that the death of the ICE is already within sight and it's something none of us want to accept.

>shitstorm

How new are you? This thread has been really civilized for Veeky Forums standards so far.
You've literally seen nothing yet.

Luddites

Heres a bus every tesla driver should ride

because electrics are a meme, if you really want to help the environment plant trees

>that large badly "cleaned" area on the side

What exactly did they edit away in that area? Persons? Writings?

You're asking too many questions.

Annoying fanbase, literally the Apple of cars.

because its electric

>they're all gonna fail because Tesla has already cornered the market and got a massive head start, everyone else is playing catch-up
you are retarded
tesla has no idea how to make a car. soon as VW, BMW, Honda and Toyota make full electric cars no one will put up with tesla's bullshit

Unironically hate on Elon because of redditfags, his abuse of engineers, and being a corporate welfare queen.

People put up with Apple's bullshit all the same, Tesla has firmly worked themselves into a position where they can just about put out anything and their rabid fanbase will eat that shit up.

There must be at least one Tesla with a LOL OIL plate in every single US state by now.

>Fanbase
>Soulless engineering
>Corporate welfare and tax queen

Seriously, if it wasn't for Obama's loathing of the automobile, this asshole would be back at PayPal trying to figure out how to fuck over Venmo while the real engineers at real companies do the actual work.

Newsflash, they have already set the trend. BMW uses giant powerpoint pics of Elons face to scare their employees and engineers into compliance with the new all elecctric mantra.

The problem I have with Tesla is that they came into the automotive world with a gigantic amount of arrogance. They thought the automotive industry on the whole was full of idiots and that cars would be simple and easy to make for the genius computer nerds of silicon valley. Then they have proceed to have huge production and quality problems with every model they have come out with. And instead of learning their lesson they do the silicon valley thing of doubling down on how 'cool' and 'groundbreaking' their products are.

I mean look, they just did that right now. The entire automotive industry said there is no way in fuck that Tesla is going to build model 3s at the rates they promised in the time frame they promised. Tesla defiantly said they have no idea what they were talking about but look who was right. Tesla conducts themselves like a bratty petulant child.
Then we get this big reveal of flashy prototypes and everybody eats it up like Elon received instructions directly from god to produce his chariot. If Elon really was smart, all of his attention would be on unfucking model 3 production.

I want to like the guy but I just can not get over his inability to humble himself and be a student. If he had just once admitted he was completely wrong about how difficult it is to build a good car, and that the auto industry is actually very good at what he does, and Tesla will learn, I would like the guy. I want to like the guy. But he just can't seem to get over himself and do this. It's the same shit with SpaceX.

$1 has been deposited into your account

>I want to like the guy but I just can not get over his inability to humble himself and be a student. If he had just once admitted he was completely wrong about how difficult it is to build a good car, and that the auto industry is actually very good at what he does, and Tesla will learn, I would like the guy. I want to like the guy. But he just can't seem to get over himself and do this. It's the same shit with SpaceX.

That's what happens when you're too busy snorting coke, eating acid, and watching flat earth and reality simulation youtube videos on the taxpayer dime.

People that shill the truth get paid more. Look at that.

>Opinions contrary to mine are shilling

this
everyone else is trying to cash in on the market that Tesla busted open and they're all playing catch-up

the /pol/ infection is complete. there is no escape.

this
/pol/ should stay in their cesspit and stop shitting up other boards

>gigantic amount of arrogance
This. It's my problem with Tesla (and the fanbase) and Musk himself. Musk is so fucking cocksure and holier-than-thou that I lust for the moments when Tesla or SpaceX has a failure. I can't root for someone who is a smug prick with teeming swarms of soyboy followers.

If the mods just made /pol/-posting a rule violation and started banning it, aka doing their jobs, we'd see a lot less of this stupidity.

There's no /pol/itics in this thread.

I don't like people yelling at me screaming "you don't care about the environment!" "Your car is useless and boring" "why are you being such a luddite, get with the times!" "Internal combustion is backwards, and you're a bad person for being okay with it!" "This IS the future, there was never a choice, all history was always inevetable and so is this". As electric cars gain popularity this arguing is going to spill over into real live and those who choose internal combustion are going to find their cars egged and spray painted with "gas guzzling bigot!".

And tesla isn't going to stop this because that would mean less money for them and the media would never discourage tesla from doing whatever it wants.

That would be easier to accept if EVs weren't either massively expensive or cityboxes with 100 miles autonomy.
The only ones that seem somewhat fun are stupidly unpractical stuff like the electric Morgan and some other sport-ish stuff that's produced in even smaller numbers (or turn out to be vaporware)
It would also help if it didn't come with what everyone hates the most about the current trends in the motoring industry, like proprietary systems every-fucking-where, cars being designed so they can only be fixed in an affiliated shop, uniformisation of segments into one big lump of car that's somewhat good at everything but great at nothing...

This is the same Obama that bailed our our ailing auto industry. Your opinions are either shilling or just fucking shit.

>everyone else is trying to cash in on the market that Tesla busted open and they're all playing catch-up
They aren't though. The whole industry has been developing electric car prototypes since the 90s. They could all build anything Tesla builds if they want to, but they didn't want to.

The only thing Tesla has done is show the industry there is a huge amount of PR capital to be gained by building flashy electric cars. That is all.

>As of October 160,000 electric cars have been sold in the US in 2017
>In June 2017 GM sold 250,00 cars
>All combined America is expected to buy 17 million cars in 2017

>So say we are generous and we round the total amount of electric cars sold in 2017 to an estimated 200,000
>1.17% of the market

Yep the automotive industry is really falling all over itself to earn that 1% of high cost/low return marketshare.

>This is the same Obama that bailed our our ailing auto industry. Your opinions are either shilling or just fucking shit.
>The bailout was a good thing
>Cash 4 Clunkers was a good thing

You obviously don't know what the fuck shilling is and you're either a GM fangirl or just plain retarded because the industry deserved to fail.

Nothing triggers Veeky Forums harder than EV

Chrysler and GM were making objectively shit products and probably both should have gone bankrupt to make room for new talent.
Ford was doing okay and did not take bail out money.

He didn't save anybody. Ford had their shit together and deserved to be the winners but he gave a mulligan to their competitors. He made Chrysler an attractive target to be bought out by Fiat paying pennies for the US Goverment's dollar investments. And he kept GM's woefully out of touch engineers employed.

Oh and then there was cash for clunkers on top of that which completely DESTROYED the used car market. Which I am sure indirectly made a lot of poor Americans poorer by forcing them to take out loans on new cars. I'm not talking about the incentive, im talking about somebody trying to buy a used car in the aftermath.

Obama was a hard core banker/corpratist

Do Tesla owners think their cars don't have oil?

Tesla owners think their cars are built with out a drop of oil ever being involved.

Even if the engine doesn't require internal lubrication there are still parts that have do. ATF oil in the shocks, diff, hydraulic fluid in the brakes, and other nasty chemicals

These fucking faggots I hate Tesla owners

>Not having an old car with toggle switches
>Never break but even if they did you can get them anywhere and they cost 2 moneys each
>Car is so simple there's only 5 switches anyway

Anyway enjoy your comically large iPad on the dashboard

what a bunch of crybabbies.

But it shows plaid when you accelerate!

Do you remember that shitty old movie from the 70s? It's nerd humor! It's so rad that my car company actually understands me.

>touchscreen fails or breaks
>goodbye car
>button fails
>probably not a vital part
>easily replaced
I fucking hate this touchscreen trend, it's doing to cars what already happened to tech. It's trying to remove the possibility of doing anything yourself so you remain completely dependent on the manufacturer in case anyhting goes wrong.

I just hate the people
>hey man look at this car
>"WOW THAT LOOKS LIKE IT BURNS A LOT OF GAAAS"
>I mean yeah but it's fun/fast/cute
>"IT'S NOT A TESLA 2.3 SECONDS 2.3 SECONDS PIIIIIIIIIIIIICKLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"

They lack empathy towards ones hobby and they're trying their hardest cuck you

They hate you. They were nerds in high school and college. They hated jocks, and frat bros, and normies.

They love that they are subverting and destroying your hobby.

Tesla's "fan base" is a tiny proportion of the auto car market, they are irrelevant

b-but user loads of Veeky Forumstists were dorks and nerds at school too
why do you think so many people on Veeky Forums are obsessed with animu?
still your point stands
we know this type of folks, they just want to fit themselves into any hobby and have it changed to fit their taste
they did it with video games, they did it with comic books, they did it with TV, and as unbelievable as it can be, they're starting to get their way with cars too
what a time to be alive

user you are replying to

I hear you, I was a nerd too. But then like the rest of us, I decided that being a consumer numale wasn't good enough.
I wanted to do something real. I wanted to take actual risks. I wan't to get my hands dirty.

These faggots now... They want to buy the experience of smacking down one of the ICE faggots they hate so much.

The fan base is fucking gay and is really annoying and self righteous. Elon Musk is a charlatan that is one step removed from directly stealing money from the tax payer (currently around $4.6 Billion).

The car is designed as a consumable, where you need to rely on the Tesla™ to do just about all maintenance, and pretty much everyone who buys one is that white collar guy guy who complains about how old people can't use computers, but he himself can not change a wheel on a car. This is the part that actually pisses me off most about the fanbase. Just find a forum for the most tepid, boring car that you can think of, and look at how enthusiastic and helpful they are to show how to do maintenance yourself, and encourage others who own the car to do it themselves. On the other hand, if you go onto a Tesla forum, it will be people talking about how they paid someone to do something that is really easy, and they advocate against doing it yourself. On other forums, you will notice that many of the people own other cars as well, and are willing to point out shortcomings of each of them. On the other hand, on Tesla forums, the Tesla is the pinnacle of engineering and design. If you point out a flaw, the Tesla fan just ignores it or comes up with an excuse for it.

Also, regarding the 0-60 of the new Tesla roadster that many websites are reporting on, I'll believe it when I see it. That acceleration is in motorcycle territory, and it will have a significantly higher weight.

I don't.

What I hate is the pretentiousness behind it.

Musk isn't just trying to be an auto company with a neat product.

he's trying to do the apple thing of making it a "lifestyle". he's out to completely destroy the existing industry because he is the future.

he's obnoxiously pretentious with the electric car concept, and gets by solely because of government subsidies.

they have to actually put it out first.

Apple has the benefit that they actually put out. Tesla is incredibly slow and relies on getting people into preordering a car, and hoping that their gambles pay off.

Dude you wanna know the real problem?
I was a nerd in high school, I still am
So were he but he turned into a communist cuck filled with so much self hate and hate for humanity that he's trying to cuck everyone to death
>I'm talking to a /k/ friend, a fellow /k/ommando
>we're talking talking about buying tac vests or maybe a plate carrier just for the fuck of it
>"Why do you need it"
>"you gonna shoot up somewhere?"
Or this one time where I almost beat up him up until someone stepped in and calmed me down
>after class
>going home
>I'm feeling like shit because class
>talking to friend
>see "YLYL" telegram group on his phone
>I laugh at him saying I hope you're not gay enough to lurk you love you lose threads
>we laugh
>guy from the stories above hears this
>randomly at some point "I hope you get fucking drafted"
>a little context: I'm 6'4, we're in a car, the fried I was just talking to is between me and him.
>I turn over and say "want me to make sure you never drafted?"
>friend in the middle is concerned and is telling me to calm down
And by the time I could follow up with anything else I'm at the place I'm gonna get off, calm down go home, talk to my gf blow some steam off

>Also, regarding the 0-60 of the new Tesla roadster that many websites are reporting on, I'll believe it when I see it. That acceleration is in motorcycle territory, and it will have a significantly higher weight.
They never demonstrated top speed with the same car. I think there was a lot of gearing at work for the press demo. You can make anything accelerate fast with enough gearing.

You forgot Ford's CEO was sent of exactly for not innovating as much as Musk, even after record revenue.

>muh noise
Enjoy eating dust in your gas guzzler, pleb

>government subsidies
Uh, no.

LOL no you can't.
Do you even have the grasp for what you're saying?
If it's so simple, why haven't manufacture done it before?
You understand that the torque availability and the fact that the CG is very low and it doesn't need to shift, all contribute to this?
Gasfags are delusional as it gets.

>boo he's gonna destroy the industry
Like I owe them anything. Brands wants nothing but your money, yet, you act like you owe them loyalty.

>Lower gearing: Better accel, lower top speed
>High gearing: Slower accel, higher top speed

If you wern't an EV fag you would understand this.

Uhhhhmmmmm, no sweetie.

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story,amp.html

>Why does a luxury SUV focus on luxury things

This. Tesla makes cars for people who hate cars

Where you learned this from, fucking Forza? KEK
If you lower your gearing too much, you'll have to shift, and then bye-bye 0-60.
And even if you do manage to hit that acceleration time, you won't be going 250+ mph.
Cry me a river dumbass, lol

You know literally every notable company gets tax credits and breaks from the places they build facilities, right? Happens with every single car manufacturer, distributor, retailer, etc.

They only showed off the Tesla Semi and Roadster 2 because they fixed model 3 bottle neck.

They Roadster 2 and Semi were supposed to be shown off last month

Who the fuck puts things on the roof oh their SUV?
You live in the freaking woods, nigger?

Let's pretend the government didn't saved fucking GM and Chrysler a few years back

The people who would follow those trend, would follow this one without thinking. You're assuming too high of a level of intellect.

Yeah, people with high IQ watch Ricky and Morty and drive dinosaur recyclers.

How are you this fucking stupid?
You calculate the single reduction gear on the electric motors so the vehicle tops out at 80mph which happens to yield a 1.9 second 0-60 time. There is no shifting.

Then once everybody is impressed you go to your engineering staff and ask them to build you a car that can hit that acceleration time and also top out at 250+mph

Why should an investor worth $10b get $4.9b in subsidies? No other investor gets nearly that much.

because he's literally saving the planet?????????

>because they fixed model 3 bottle neck.
Do you have any proof or is this just your fantasy?

You're dumb as fuck. Why did GM, a company with a market cap of $64 BILLION, get bailed out directly by the federal government?

Looks like the /g/ raiding party has found this thread. I bet it's less than 10 goons shitting up this board.

And thats why we hate them and their drivers

/thread

You don't even understand what you're talking about. Do you even fucking know what a tax credit is?

Because banks extended millions of dollars in credit to them and debts need to be repaid.

That doesn't even remotely answer the question.

People who actually need SUVs for what they are and can do rather than suburbanites and soccer moms who think they need five seats and a massive trunk for their one potato of a baby.

When they revealed the new roadster and semis the crows just woowed without knowing a word of what he was saying.

Personally i love Tesla, I'm an engineer at a T1 auto supplier responsible for a huge portion of the fluid transfer systems in most major manufacturs, and electric vehicles in general require 2-4X the amount of coolant (mostly for keeping the battery at a certain temperature), which stands to potentially more than double our business.

I like the idea of electric cars, and think they're ideal for a daily driver.

However I'm too poor to afford a tesla, and absolutely hate techies