Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sf962ijqBn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ballin'

Ursaab is better

Good choice

1936 Cord 810

That is really nice, art deco to the max

Have you guys noticed that we're currently going back to some of these proportions?

>big car
>huge wheels
>relatively small, up high windows

only actually ugly this time

Phantom Corsair 1938

>>big car
We aren't though?

that fucking car

...?

Read a post somewhere by a car journalist saying that tall boxy vehicles have actually been the historical norm and that we're only going back to the norm, and that low slung landyachts were the exception in car design.

Smart? Prius? Feels like cars are getting smaller by the minute but maybe I'm wrong.

Depends on where you're from.
In Burgerland cars have pretty much always been quite huge meanwhile in Yurop the bloating is WAY more obvious and in your face.

>poor lil orange porsche

Yeah in europe the idea of a "people's car" has Always been more prominent than in America. For example Fiat 500, Beetle, Mini Cooper and the SAAB in OPs pic

Which made the cars smaller, but nowadays "people's cars" aren't really a thing anymore

True, but what about the Model T?

Yeah maybe that was the first car of the people ever

America had the model t and then crosley up until the 50s but post war they were the industrial backbone of the world quite frankly people buy what they can afford nobody wanted the people's car in america at the cost of domestic production

There were exceptions even back then.

Even that car is considerably taller at 1.52m (sedan) to 1.58m (delivery) than a classic Cadillac (1.43m in the 60s, 1.39m in the early 70s). These landyachts were -abnormally- flat.

>Crosley

I had no idea America actually made literal kei cars.

>In Burgerland cars have pretty much always been quite huge

Were huge dualcabs always the norm?

And so sexy

Maybach streamliner prototype, made to test tires at autobahn speeds. Over 200 km/h with less than 140 hp.

>with less than 140 hp
thats really not that impressive

look at this glorious motherfucker
la noire feels

The goal was to cruise at 200km/h, not to run the engine at max power to reach it. It's Cd was about 0.25.

To think that cars like these probably didn't have power steering makes my shoulders hurt...

You wouldn't think it was front wheel drive looking at it.

1936 Peugeot 402 Andreau

It's too bad that any modern version of this would invariably look like a PT Cruiser

still not really impressive :/ neat car though

Cadillac

faggot

Citroen Traction Avant Light 15, coachbuilt by Englishman Charles Deryck Waters in 1947. It doesn't seem to have survived until the present, this is one of two photos that exist of it.

peugeot 601 eclipse, 1935. Already had an electric hardtop.

1936 Tatra 87

Ups now that I look at it that is probably a later 402, not an 601 (still pre wwII though). Below is the hardtop in operation:

youtube.com/watch?v=sf962ijqBn4

1934 Mercedes-Benz 540K Autobahnkurier ("highway courier")

why does everyone in this thread have shit taste?

these millenials will never understand user dont even try

not even the oldest car.

>To think that cars like these probably didn't have power steering makes my shoulders hurt...

You're just weak. Beef the fuck up, buddy.

Futuristic shit of that era looks more futuristic than what counts as futuristic nowadays

'48 Chrysler Windsor

Won't be a problem. They'll have a big steering wheel for lots of leverage, 20+:1 gearbox ratios for even more mechanical leverage, and low caster numbers that reduce effort to turn.

About the only time it could be a problem is if you get yourself into a situation where you have to saw the steering back and forth while stopped. It'll only take once to teach you not to put yourself into that kind of a pickle to begin with.

What is this user

The car itself was not really concieved for that. IT's the manufacturing process that made it possible to build a "people's car" in the first place.

That's the Ursaab, the first Saab ever made

Damn that's such an incredibly inefficient use of space. Presumably you can't put stuff in the back and also have the roof down?

Little known fact, the Saab 92 actually has better aerodynamics than the Ferrari F40

That looks so comfy

Thanks user
Have a good day

Oh wow it's cute

Yeah I know! It had a 2 stroke Engine lol, check Youtube for it if you have the time, it's a really cool car

how does it feel to be such a colossal faggot

no sure year but god do i love the Bristol 405

*blep*

Literally a Fiero with a bodykit

1951 but it’s too good not to post

*sticks tongue out at you*

>no delahaye

ugh

Streamlined trains and similar equipment makes my dick harder than you can believe.

The Cord 810 was already posted so here's a rad fuckin' Graham instead.

That thing looks like it would be the 1939 equivalent of the current Lexus design outrage

You're somewhat right in that it was a complete flop. I get it looks odd but I really like the shark nose Grahams, in person that massive nose is imposing as fuck and the rest of the Graham years are sort of lame (especially the years after with the slightly modified Cord bodies).

How did they squeeze in 4 doors on that thing?
lol who designed that

So Beautiful, what are those rims tho?

here, have two. Only the car on the right fits the thread.

C'mere son, let's talk about FUTURAMIC.

why so angry?

also, is that the same one that had the wheel wells fill up with debris, making it unable to to turn?

is it? that doest look RR

And the car with the best name in the world goes to...

It might look FR with that long hood, but I'm not making shit up. It's called the Zimmer Quicksilver if you want to Google it and find out more. The same company did rebodied Mustangs too.

No that one sits in a museum What car is that? Looks cool as hell

Oh that guy. It just looks like there is no room in the back for the engine. Was the engine in a Fiero mounted behind the rear axle or in front?