Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Thread:

>It is the two thousand and seventeenth year of the Ascension Wars and an EA Ulm player is still scripting targeted evocation

Anyone rolling early constr? Could you forge me a shambler skin armor? I can't seem to roll a fucking W random. Also my cap doesn't produce W so I would love to pay in some other gem type or even gold.

To be fair it's only the third year of the ascension wars.

While you may have killed many Ulmishmen and secured the province, your even greater victory was in successfully losing the jotuns that you accidentally recruited.

The problem here is that he chose to research evocation under the mistaken assumption that the spells advertised as being used to directly kill things are actually an effective way to kill things

marignon you want to talk about it?

I blame Illwinter ""Game" ""Design"""

What's wrong with Man?

do your turns

Is there somewhere I can see a list of all events and descriptions?

Dom4 Inspector in the OP

now what kind of person would let the thread die and also not do their turns

Don't feel bad Nief I didn't go into the game expecting to win just to learn what works and what doesn't in the early game and maybe get some advice. I was kind of expecting results like this since I haven't played lots of multiplayer but I went for it anyways. I was going into evo for earthquake to kill off your bloodslaves + what I saw as your large army of human sized longdead chaff but I got kinda bored and anxious since I didn't want to wait like 3 more turns so I sent in that army of forward positioned bladewinders hoping to do the same thing totally fluked since they were all longdead cavalry on the sides and you had province defense to evocatch so the strength of giants'd hammermen could rush in and club your Niefel giants and gyjas to death before they could overwhelm me with skeletons.

The iron warriors fire elemental thing probably would have been much much better but I didn't get lucky with sitesearching and Abysia didn't respond to me when I asked to trade for fire gems. Should I have alchemized some gems? I heard alchemizing gems was a shit newbie trap but the gems would have probably paid off. also I never considered the iron warriors'd fire elementals it so uh thanks for that guy at least I learned two things I also considered mass recruitment of priests/shaman for fatigueless banish spam but most of the priestly provinces were in the north and taken by or under threat of yomi.

Just give advice when you can Nief since I'm probably dead anyways with Yomi in the north and whatnot.

Hey, who's the admin?

The hammermen are actual garbage.

Just get literally anything else instead.

They just have weak mages and no easy in for blood magic which is really rough for a late era nation.

They're situationally useful. I wouldn't field them v giants, but they performed better than steel maidens when I was testing them against burning ones

turnnnnns

To the /domg/er who was reading The Unholy Consult. I said I'd be back in a few days, and here I am. How has it been?