Auto rev-match

The Corvette, Camaro, 911, Cayman, 370Z, Mini Cooper, Civic Type R, M2 and M3 all have this now. How do you feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a4JEcivazOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know how it knows what gear you're dropping to.
It would feel weird though I think, rev matching is as instinctive as any other part of changing gear to me now

rev matching is too fun to relegate it to a homosexual flap

>tfw sometimes you focus on rev matching and you miss, and other times you don't pay attention at all and match perfectly

>computer detects clutch pushed in
>sensor in transmission or gate for each gear tells which one you were in and going to
>if new gear < old gear then rev to preprogrammed rpm based on speed and gear else do nothing

>rev matching
>stall prevention
>hill assist
Modern manuals are like 50% automatic

I do this on my motorcycle, I can passively rev match with no issue but when I pay attention to it I always fuck it up

I like it because my rev matching skills are poor but I can see how a couple of heel toe elitists would get upset about it

Fine as long as you can turn it off for when you want MAXIMUM CONTROL

I like it because it makes manual cucks mad that their "skill" got replicated by Pajeet with a few lines of code and a sensor.

i have a 6 speed 370z and I tell you the auto rev match on downshifting is a life saver in city traffic

Why? You don't even need to rev match for city traffic unless you're a spastic.

>boss traded in his corvette for a brand new Scat Pack Challenger
>got tired of shifting
Tired of something i mostly zone out on

it just makes downshifting way smoother desu

Why don't you just get a flappy paddle if you don't want to use your feet?

I live in the city but I like to take it out of the city from time to time

I assume by "the city" you mean the city. Why would you even want to own a car there.

Anyway crunch-stick rallymobile is an absolute best for on-road rally routes like the cross-bronx, southern state, etc.
>dat hump going south on the hudson

I just use automatic. New ones in non shitboxes are fine.

As someone who has invested a lot of time and energy into mastering heel-toe I despise it.
I suppose this is how the nips felt when Commodore Perry blew their ports wide open and they had to abandon their samurai ways.....

I live in Australia, might be a bit different from where you're from but most people have a car?

I'm from NY so "the city" means "new york city" because there really isn't anything else around to qualify as being "the" city. It's absolute hell to have a car there. The daily traffic in and out would have you clawing your eyes out of your head even if you only had to commute within 50 miles of it. Old rich guys boat in to circumvent the clusterfuck. And that's to say nothing of New Jersey.

It's horrible. Because I have a car and I know people there who can't carry enough laundry on the subway they petition me to cart their shit everywhere and back because it's bullshit to have your own personal transportation there, and then they don't understand why I don't want to get towed away for parking next to a fire hydrant or paying $50 for 3 hours in a garage if I can find it after circling around for 45 minutes to see if there's a space within 3 blocks that might have opened up.

Not to mention the beating it puts on my car. How can a "world class" city have such roads? It's a fucking wreck.

digits say auto is superior

suck it

Well, outside of your little bubble the "The city" usually means the city, you know, outside of NY we have them too.

Thailands and Indonesia is just as bad desu. I've heard all that about NY though, got an uncle on 5th ave.

Yeah that's one thing that always threw me off about NY is those roads are such shit condition?!?

Also watched this a few years back, interesting insight about NY city and being into cars

youtube.com/watch?v=a4JEcivazOE

say what you will about the rest but hill assist is actually a really nice feature.

What a faggot. That's why I don't go back to the city anymore.

There's like 3 people in the video.

>There's like 3 people in the video.
Are they pumping fluoride into the great lakes water pipes into NYC these days?

It's gay and dumb and not necessary

Just like you.

how retarded can you be to not have the ability to hill start? I thought people were joking when they say "use the emergency brake" nigga just use your legs

How does it work? car knows when on hill, you can release the brake and it stays put or something?

It holds onto the brakes for an extra couple seconds when you are on an incline and you release the brake pedal.

Synchromesh has existed for decades now.

Why Don't You Leave?

Good way to describe it

i think its pretty awesome especially on track days. Honestly it's a shame that all modern manuals don't have it.

6 speed hilux too

but srsly we can't let ISIS have the rev match buttons

>How can a "world class" city have such roads?
Your city council and the traffic control department were probably corrupted by under-the-table money many many years ago when they passed those zoning rules. Cities all over the USA have zoning rules regulating the number of parking spaces any new construction is required to have. Apparently, New York city let the developers have their way to make as few spaces available as possible. Thus lots of people remain on the roads circling SLOWLY as they semi-loiter with their slow speed looking for parking to open up. All that causes gridlock and traffic jams.