C&D Sneak Peek

So, I got a sneak peek at the next issue of Car and Driver. I wonder what they’ll be reviewing.

Oh. The Kia Stinger.

0-60 in 4.4 sec and 1/4 mile in 12.9 sec off the RWD model.

Seriously. What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0X2s9RvI5A
telegraph.co.uk/cars/kia/kia-stinger-gt-s-review-really-serious-rival-bmw-audi/
kiamedia.com/us/en/models/stinger/2018/features#stinger
bmwusa.com/byo/iframe.html#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STOP POSTING THE SAME FUCKING THREAD REPEATEDLY

Only twice. Not everyone has seen it and left their opinions. Fuck off.

Whats the as-tested price?
I like me some cool RWD chinky cars.

>slower than cheaper mustang/camaro
>4000lbs pigfat
>no badge cache
who is the market for this?

Lmao KIAs are granny cars. Only for old women to feel comfy and fasionable while they drive to pick up their grandchildren.

US market prices.

The Camaro SS is like $45k+.

Also, why are you comparing coupes to a sedan? And who is this marketed to? I already own a supercharged Mustang Cobra. I am looking for a daily driver that is luxurious and not boring to drive. So, it’s marketed to people looking for a sports sedan.

> 0-60 in 4.4 and 1/4 in 12.9
> granny car
You what now? What new level of autism do you have?

post more pics then

Any suggestions of what you would like to see?

Put a small flap of your skin barely on the margin of the one of the photos in a way that we can't tell whether or not its your scrotum.

why the heck does it have 4 doors? would have looked ok as a 2 door, also
>4000 lbs

>2004
>400hp
>4.6s 0-60
>163mph top speed
>3900lbs
>13.1 quarter mile

All i see about your post is that a new Korean car is better than an old American super barge.

>fyi, i like the CTSV AND the Stinger, fite me

those specs are too similar to the e39 m5

Fuck off.

Not really. Also, it’s a GT sports sedan, not a coupe. Not every car has to be a coupe.

And? Worse interior and less features. Okie dokie.

It's ONLY JUST faster than a fucking 13 year old Ameribarge. That's real fucking embarassing.

Hey, you asked faggot

>cts-v owner pretending his car isnt a muscle car wearing a tuxedo

BUT ITS JUST A CADILLAC LOL

I used to do the same with my trans am. its just a pontiac bro...

In 2004, the CTSV cost $51,500 for the base.In 2017 dollars, that's around $68,000.
So congrats, your chosen Cadillac CTSV is twice as expensive and slower.

lol, GM faggots still trying to push their “now affordable” piles of exploding shit. And like you said, they were way too expensive even back then.

That 0-60 kek. Maybe down a hill with wind assistance.

Motortrend got a 4.8 sec on the preproduction Korean spec car. Which is detuned compared to the US spec. Another auto magazine reviewer in Australia got a 4.7 in 0-100km (62mph). So, someone getting a 4.4 sec isn’t that far of a stretch.

>manufacturers doing little more than gluing a tablet to the dash

Why? Be like audi and make it hidden when not being used.

So does it just run out of steam after an 1/8th mile?

>one penis worth of ground clearance

Wow

oh look here's the shill with misinformation
the SS is $37,995
the (Ford) GT is $35,995
the (Kia) GT is $38,350

Who cares about spending more money just to hide something? It’s fine not spending money to not do that.

I’m betting that it broke traction along the way but still made their fastest pass. We’ll just have to see what it’s capable of after a heap of tuners and racers get their hands on these things.

My dick won’t fit under there.

My dick wont fit under there
Because your gut gets in the way?

I hope it depreciates like most Kias.

This is on my short list of cars to get CPO in 2020, by then bugs should be documented.

Wow, you’re horribly incorrect.
2018 SS no Options starts at $41,280. The model that has any features is $46,080.

2018 Mustang GT starts out at $35,090. And with the Premium, Performance Pack, and MagnaRide is going to be $49,000.

The Kia Stinger GT starts out at $38,350, the GT1 is $43,250 and the GT2 is $49,200.

$50,000 for a Korean car better come with rim jobs from K-Pop stars
>I'd specify female K-Pop stars, but there really isn't a difference, is there?

10 year warranty makes me not care if there are some minor TSB’s. The car has been developed for six years now, been tested for over 100,000 miles for each of their test cars and over 1,000,000 miles between them all. And has been out in Korea for over a year.

I think it’ll be just fine.

Wrong, it's faster than the Camaro... and cheaper.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0X2s9RvI5A
>Kia's first shot at making a GT car
>Competely BTFO of Americans

Hyuna. Hnng.

>posting literal gook propaganda as "proof"

More than likely yeah, but you have to think about what else you can buy for $50k.

No German or Jap competitor with the same or better performance with the same or better features.

>10 year warranty makes me not care if there are some minor TSB’s. The car has been developed for six years now, been tested for over 100,000 miles for each of their test cars and over 1,000,000 miles between them all. And has been out in Korea for over a year.

Wow that's super impressive! I completely forgot about that warranty.

Let me guess, you're the authority on what's a "feature" and what's a "gimmick that you'll never use anyway", just like last time.

It depends on where you live. The 10 year warranty is in the States. I think it’s 7 years for Aussieland. And no idea elsewhere.

Good point
Also, that warranty is stupid good.

Car interiors all look the same, do the same thing these days.

Ergonomics and interior qualities are where you differentiate these days. Audi has that neat digital dash, but >audi reliability

Germany on suicide watch

And what do you call “gimmicks”? Shit that is trivial like push close tray lids and extending overhead visors? Or actual features like selectable drive modes, digital performance displays, ventilated seats, heated leather steering wheel, and IMS for driver’s seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors positions?

>Automatic Camaro

>sea of plastic with a cheap-looking "hidden" tablet
>cheap looking black plastic everywhere
>nothing but leather-covered surfaces and real metal accents
Wew, krauts on suicide watch.

>resorts to lying

the V6 Stinger GT starts at $39k.
For $48k you can get a 340i xDrive and add the M Performance exhaust and tune for $2.8k so you have a 360hp 3 series for only $10k more.

>xdrive
I meant non-xDrive

>only 10k
That's 25% though, a pretty significant difference.

And be prepared for the shill screeching at you about how the Stinger GT2 package has more features than the BMW.

$10k seems a fair price for a car that is 400lbs lighter, faster, more fun to drive, better handling and better looking and has the BMW badge.

why would anyone get this over a taurus SHO?

Perhaps you haven’t been to a dealership yet?

>nothing but leather-covered surfaces and real metal accents
LOL

OK I forgot CNET knows Chevrolet's prices better than Chevrolet, thank you for pointing that out. How much did Kia give you to say that?

> only $10k less
> less performance
> less features
> leather is an option
Pffsh.

The base GT has more standard features, let alone the GT1 or GT2 trims.

The 340i is slower, not as fun to drive, less tunable, and paying $10k for a badge is retarded. Also, looks are subjective. I think the Stinger looks better.

Because the SHO starts at $42,520 while the Stinger GT starts at $38,350. And the SHO has a lot of cheap plastic and less features.

The Stinger (even 2.0L base model) comes standard with a leather wrapped and brushed aluminum interior.

There's a difference between real leather from brands like Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc and the cheap homeless tier shit you get in a Kia.

340i with M performance tune is faster.
360hp on 3600lbs while the Stinger GT has 365hp on 4000lbs.
Also the F30 is a much more playful chassis, paired with the M Sport suspension (standard on the 340i) it is the best handling and quickest car in the category currently.
Also it comes with a manual.

the SHO starts at ~42k, and includes AWD and many things standard that you would have to take the GT1/2 to get on the kia

if you wanted to match the kia GT you would easily match it with the limited version of the taurus that starts at 34k

> MSRP
lol, look at the price differences. Chevy is shitting bricks because the 2018 Mustang is going to shit all over their car.

MSRP vs MSRP, doesn’t really matter how much they drop the price down to after getting their shit pushed in by the new Mustang. Also, why are you comparing a coupe to a sedan? Is the Camaro now only comparable to a sports sedan?

and by ''category'' I am talking about the top tier base model category.
340i competitors are C43 AMG and Audi S4

Yeah, because premium nappa leather isn’t nappa leather.

Why are you comparing a compact to a mid-sized sedan?

Literally only the AWD Standard on the SHO is the only thing the SHO has over the GT. The and even then, the AWD option is only $2,200 extra. $38,350 + $2,200 is still cheaper than $42,520. And the Stinger GT is faster, has more cargo room, and better features/tech. Why is the SHO even being mentioned?

3 series/C class/A4/Giulia are Stingers direct competitors tard.

>For 10k more, you can have a car with 5 less HP and without a 10 year warranty
Just get the stinger gt already you cock teases

No they aren’t, faggot. The 440 Grand Coupe, A5/A6, GS 350 F, and Q50 3.0t Sport are the Stinger’s direct competitors.

>5 less hp
>ignoring the 400lbs difference
What is power to weight ratio?

Not ignoring the $51,550 difference between the 2017 BMW 340i M sport versus the 2018 Kia Stinger GT.

see

>aussiebucks vs ameribucks
Don't be a fucking moron.

That isn’t it’s competitors, thats just a list of the top ranked luxury sedans.

>so BTFO he shifts hemispheres

>aud vs usd
Lmao the 440i M sport starts at $49.500 fucking retard kia shill.
either way there is a 550 dollar price difference between a 340i m sport and a 440i m sport

Sorry, $89,900 vs $51,000.

or

$50,645 vs $38,350

Happy? That’s still a $12,295 difference.

>wrong

$12k difference for a much lighter, faster, better handling car with a manual transmission and brand recognition and much more aftermarket.
LITERALLY the only reason to buy the Stinger is for if you can't afford a German car.

>Literally only the AWD Standard on the SHO is the only thing the SHO has over the GT
things the SHO has standard the kia GT doesn't
rain sensing wipers
power steering column
seat memory
power adjustable pedals with memory
ventilated front seats
navigation
second row heated seats
remote start
>the Stinger GT is faster
marginally
>has more cargo room
the taurus has more head and leg room, front and rear
>taurus passenger volume: 102.2 cu.ft
>kia GT passenger volume: 93.8 cu.ft
>taurus cargo area volume: 20.1 cu.ft
>kia GT cargo area volume: 23.3 cu.ft

why shill so hard for a car you don't have
did you put money down on it or something?

Then what’s it a rank of? Luxury sports sedans? That shit isn’t evenconsistent in what type of cars are listed in their own respective catagories.

I thought BMW stopped making manual transmission cars as of like 2015?

> only reason is if you can’t afford
Or you want a better quality interior with better features and tech for your money. Don’t be a faggot. Brand loyalty is what turned BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus into shit today.

Nah, only in Europe.
That and they're moving to torque converter automatics over DCTs in new M cars.

manual M4 will be available until 2020
in the base models maybe forever
>better quality
Just no
>brand royality
440i is objectively the better car, can you look past the brand image and open your eyes?

I can't seem to order one in a manual

I'm on BMW's website and I can't find a manual option to click

nevermind I'm dumb I found it. Fucking BMW and their retarded website interface

>better quality interior
deluded kia shill lmfao
>''There’s also no point pretending that perceived interior quality is at BMW or Audi levels, because it’s simply not.''
telegraph.co.uk/cars/kia/kia-stinger-gt-s-review-really-serious-rival-bmw-audi/
kia cucks trying so hard they are making up facts
manual is the standard option you don't have to click on anything

Choice excerpts from the Kia Stinker review...

>manual is the standard option you don't have to click on anything
It actually defaulted to an 8 speed automatic but I went to Options, scrolled down to "performance" and found manual transmission

> rain sensing wipers
Stinger GT has it.
> power steering column
Stinger GT has it.
> seat memory
Stinger GT has it as well as IMS steering wheel and side mirrors.
> power adjustable pedals with memory
1 for 4 so far.
> ventilated front seats
Stinger GT2 has it.
> navigation
Stinger GT has it.
> second row heated seats
Stinger GT1 and GT2 has it.
> remote start
2 for 8. Damn, boy. Want to see what features the Stinger has that the SHO doesn’t? Because it’s a lot more.

Here you go:
kiamedia.com/us/en/models/stinger/2018/features#stinger

Ahh. Entry-level luxury cars. That’s not an actual vehicle catagory by build. The Stinger GT is a mid-size luxury sports sedan. Meet those criteria in your comparisons.

Kia styling: Rightside taller than the left side.

>the weak should fear the strong

it has a fastback roofline with squished rear doors like the porsche panamera and it's just as ugly

it had a manual by default here
bmwusa.com/byo/iframe.html#/
>telegraph.co.uk/cars/kia/kia-stinger-gt-s-review-really-serious-rival-bmw-audi/
>It’s also quite a bit heavier, tipping the scales at 1,855kg
What the fuck the stinger is heavier than an M5 lmfao
not the actual vehicle category yet every major reviewer compares it with a lower category and it still loses.
It is crazy how it's supposed to compete with the A6/5 series while it cant even beat a 3/4 series

> implying not better quality interior
Just look at all of that hard plastic. Also, I don’t even like Kia. What so ever. I’m a Ford guy. And I still like the Stinger GT.

> telegraph.uk
Hah. That’s funny.