2019 Supra

The new Supra will be
>pigfat
>ugly
>underpowered
>full of useless drive by wire technology
>too damn expensive for what it is
Like the new NSX.

2017 GT86 hinting about Toyota's design language.

Sounds like all the other supras lol

The previous Supra looked super happy, this one looks like a GT86 with a body kit and an even more angery face.

Just shoot me, please.

So it lives up to the Supra name perfectly, just like the NSX.

>still clinging to obsolete technology

its fucking almost 2018 why the fuck would any car made anywhere not be drive by wire you fucking retard

Actually what bothers me most about the new Supra is that internally the car is no different from other BMWs. The B58 engine, which is just an extension of the N54/N55, which was used in tons of different models and usually paired with their usual ZF 8 speed. Where is the innovation? Yea big fuckin deal, maybe they'll forge the internals and throw a tune on it. The car is hardly any different from a 10 year old 135i. Actually at least the 135i had the DCT as an option. Fuck this new Supra

>Like the new NSX.
Oh, you drove it? Lucky you, huh?

Any confirmations for manual or not?

>pigfat
was the supra ever a light car?
it's the future
so is every other modern car ever

Fucking ugly. No one's gonna trade in a BRZ for one of these.

>Pigfat
its a modern car what are you gonna do. Not that the Supra has ever been a light car
>Ugly
I think it looks fine, just replace the front bumper and it should look better
>Underpowered
Its a year or more away I hope they beef it up, but it's not like they won't have additional model years to give it some more power. And there'll probably be bolt-on mods like for the GT-86
It's 2017 what did you expect
Again, its 2017 what did you expect

My only quarrel with it is the front bumper, but seeing as how ricerfags have pretty much given the MK4 god status the new one should have plenty of aftermarket options.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Because car enthusiasts usually prefer mechanical steeting ? You know, people that don't only use their car to go from A to B.

Not all car enthusiasts are luddites who prefer shitty cars though,

The new Supra is going to kick ass and is going to be powered by the B58 straight 6 from BMW, which is already winning awards as one of the best engines ever made.

This user, can go fuck himself. The B58 is a great engine.

The new supra aint gone exist my friend

>shitty cars
You can buy a new car today with manual steering.

Fuck face, I am not saying the B58 is a bad engine. I am saying it's a COMMON engine and it shouldn't be used in something as renown as the Supra.

Because you couldn't get a 2JZ in a whole host of other cars.

>t. actual retard

thought they were going with their own v6.

Goddammit it's uglier than the MKIV.
You had one job Toyota.

>it's a COMMON engine and it shouldn't be used in something as renown as the Supra.
Who gives a fuck? Like the 2JZ was some sort of special Supra exclusive engine or something. Nope, it was in like 8 different cars. Not that it is anything special anyway - literally the only thing notable about the 2JZ is that if you throw stupid boost at it, it can make stupid power. Wow, so does
>a volvo redblock
>a bmw M50
>a bmw M20
>a regular cast iron smallblock chevy
>a barra
And only one of those weighs more than the hogfat lump of overrated iron that is the 2JZ.

How many of those tolerate more boost with stock internals though?

>not mentioning pic related as "can make stupid power with stupid boost"

with a turbo i6 bmw engine I doubt it'll be underpowered

All of them
>redblocks
People have made over 400hp on this fucking tractor engine's stock internals
>bmw M50
People have eclipsed 700hp with nothing more than an MLS head gasket and some head studs
>bmw M20
Regularly over 400hp on stock internals
>a regular cast iron smallblock chevy
Cletus and the boys slap two holsets on it and make 800hp
>a barra
600hp easy

In b4 a supra fangirl who has never even run his fingers down the valve cover of a 2jz starts spewing complete drivel about how it'll do 800hp with a turbo upgrade and a tune

that... looks bad

You realize theres a lot more to a car than some power number right?

1000hp on an unopened block bro

We're talking about an overrated engine not a chassis you fucking moron

you best take that back!

>mfw op just described all previous supra's

supra is just a Japanese muscle car not some touge machine

You forgot the worst part where it wont have a manual.

>it's another Veeky Forums hates on any generation Supra episode

I was under the impression it was gonna have bmw suspension and Toyota v6, Overall making me completely un-interested. If its got a BMW Power plant then I am more than interested again.

You should be thankful it’s bmw engine. Good luck buying standalone ecu to tune Toyota motor. Atleast bmw we should get cheaper solution

cool, so can the Audi i5 20v for half the cost, plus you don't get to look at that ugly as fuck dash

mien nigga

Seriously how does Toyota keep fucking up this bad?

>another production car that looks worse than its concept
>will probably be inline-4 turbo
>no manual
>$50,000

LMAO

i think you are mad because you cannot afford it

because if you could afford it, you would be wondering to yourself: hmmmmmm do i want a c7 or do i want this.....

>What are they doing to my legacy!!!

what legacy?
there was only 1 good generation all the others were shit

Toyota can not make high output engines ?
mostly Yamaha modified their old ones
and now they use Subaru and bmw engines
>sad

No, Supra! Don't be a sad!

I don’t know why you guys are making this complicated. The car has nothing new to offer. It’s a 1 series, 2 series, and even some 3 series in a different shell. ITS THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN THROWN IN SOME MEME ANTIQUATED Z3 CHASSIS AND NOW THEY WANT TO PAWN IT OFF AS A NEW SUPRA. ITS A SCAM

So what were the older Supras? Because they sure as fuck weren't a purpose-built drivetrain on a purpose-built chassis in a purpose-built shell.

Celicas and Soarers. The A70 and A80 were the most unique in design as far as not relying on other platforms, compared to the A40 and A60.

>straight 6
>not used in the new Supra
>by a company that has been doing straight 6's for years now
>same engine has been winning awards, the same awards won by legendary engines like the 1UZ

Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.

Man that car is Supra-fucking ugly

>All the panels are complicated.

..they could have made it look really nice.

Lmao

Jesus that looks bad. What the fuck is up with that Goldberg-tier nose that goes all the way up the hood, who though that was a good idea?

That mkii 10/10

I like it. I’m just happy that the Supra is coming back, and that I might be able to buy a new one while it’s in production.

The only idiot here is you. You're literally buying a rebadged 135i except for $50k

You're buying the drivetrain from a 135i in the chassis of a Z4 (or Z5, whatever they choose to go with) wrapped up in a Toyota body.
Much like older Supras were Aristo drivetrains in a Soarer chassis with a new body around it.

>Do I want an overpriced Toyota with around 400hp or a c7

you're a retard

Stop replying to the idiot, he clearly doesn't know shit and that's why he keeps posting the same shit over and over in this thread hoping someone will fall for it.

>Much like older Supras were Aristo drivetrains in a Soarer chassis with a new body around it.

Is that what we're calling it now.

Is he wrong?

Ok lol enjoy your gutted 335

Looks like a riced out trans am

>Collaborating with BMW on an engine instead of yamaha

I feel as if what they put in it will have BMW tier reliability.

You can reduce any car like that. Is the FD just a beefy Miata? NSX is a mid-engined Accord? GT-Rs are turbo'd sedans with two doors chopped off?

please stop shilling this random 2nd gen supra Sam

once the Supra comes back in 2044, the Skyline will be at R37 and will be unstoppable once again.

Also 3.5l turbo v6 like every other car now.

>RX-9 gets released 2049
>somehow 186 hp