/mmg/ mega man general

All Firepower Edition
Thread No. 173
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sDnBda9j2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first

GOOD AFTERNOON!
DAY-CHAN IS ADORABLE TODAY YET AGAIN!
I HOPE YOU ALL ARE ALRIGHT AND HAPPY!

Back to youtube, kiddo

worst guy

this too

Pop Quiz!
Name all these characters. And their media of origin.

I unironically like ruby spears fire man's 90s hotweels paint

They're all fireman. and Fireman.EXE. Bottom left is powered up, Center Right is Ruby Spears, top right is Battle Network, top left is from hitoshi ariga's mangas. Bottom middle is his official artwork from Mega Man 1, Center left is from Archie, Bottom right might be the complete works redesign.

>Fireman.EXE
*Torchman

>*Torchman
*Fireman

Both are technically correct. He was called torchman in the anime and manga of NT warrior.

4kids isn't canon.

if user only knew the BN series from the anime dub then yeah, I can see why they'd say that.

>Fireman
*Torchman

Did I get em all right?

>Torchman
*Fireman

Will you two just shut up and kiss already?

I hope everyone is having a good monday

Well, if you insist, I'll kiss you.
Muah!

>Ruby Spears Cartoon

>first season makes it a habit of showcasing one or even 2 new and different robot masters every ep

>so far season 2 has barely 2 new robot masters, instead either re-using one or having fucking genie or random robots instead

Why. Did they run out of "robot masters" budget. There was still plenty of unused ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=-sDnBda9j2Y

I am convinced that Copy Bot is actually a salty as fuck Plant Man suffering from "little bro" disorder

N o b o d y

Can tell me otherwise

probably running out of budget. They canned the show before mega man 7 came out because they weren't selling enough toys. same shit will probably happen to the new show because if it ends up on CN, it'll get a shit timeslot before being pushed to boomerang for more TTG

Maybe there's a little Copybot in all of us...

U cucklefuck it's called a headcano-
W A I T
YOU'RE RIGHT

What if Copy Bot isn't a single entity but rather a virus, a program that can infect machinery as well as human beings

And /mmg/ is it's breeding grounds

don't be rediculous, user

Well, when he sees that he won the poll vs Wood Man that should get him to chill out.
Maybe he'll even stop shitposting.

Alright guys. I know I'm late to the party, but I'm kind of new to Megaman X4-6.

What exactly makes Zero's
Z-Saber better for tight/narrow spaces than X's Buster?

I get the whole "melee range" aspect, but can't you just stand back and shoot the enemies outright?

Biometal Copybot must be stopped
>implying it's Plantman
Obviously we're dealing with a wrecked space cannon, not cannon fodder of a Robot Master.

X buster can't be angled to hit enemies above or below you without you moving X

So it's just the verticallity (idk if I spelt that correctly) of the buster that gives Zero an edge?
Kinda forgot to add this in the first post, but it's for a project i'm working on. I wanna make sure I get the Z-Sabre aspect just right.

Cute! I love this artist's style.

No, you dont understand
If it is Plant Man, he'll only get louder
What he wants is attention, and to prove how much better he is than Wood Man.

Hence why I said "little bro" disorder; he feels inferior to Wood Man simply because he's younger and newer, yet his design is obviously inspired by him. This is engrained in his character, and there's nothing he can do about it, other than what he is currently doing:

making Wood Man look like a fucking dick

>of the Buster
Of the Saber, yeah. It doesn't go far but goes around Zero's body, while X's Buster shoots far ahead of himself but it can only be aimed in the one direction.

Okay, what is wrong with me
I'm playing through MM10, and I am physically unable to defeat Enker.
I beat the stage just fine and always enter the room with full health bcz they let you grind, but after that I am just curb-stomped. He moves so fast, and I can't tell whether he's going to dash towards me or jump over me, let alone if it's going to be across the room or stopping in the center. The room's so small anyway, I barely have enough room to breathe.
What am I doing wrong? I know I can shoot him while he's pointing his sword up, I'm firing whenever I can, but I'm always running into him no matter what.

git gud

Alright. (Thanks for the correction, kinda confused myself there. lol)

Well, I'll explain a little of what's got me a bit confused.

(Speaking in example form)
I have four characters.

- One can charge shot but can only be aimed straight (Pretty much X. Normal, medium and full charge shots)

- One can only shoot charged shots but can aim in four directions (Shoots MUCH slower than the first character)

- One has a Saber (Can't figure out what benefits this one would have minus the "Close range aspect")

- The final character can grab items, but has the lowest damage output. (Think Rockman World 5 Grab Buster)

What should I do to give the Saber character an advantage over the other three? (Yes, the other three are ranged characters.)

High damage output

Honestly, just play a ROM or something of the PS1 X trilogy and GBA Zero games for a bit and see for yourself firsthand what makes the Saber such a versatile weapon.
HideOfBeast also has a segment called "Zero's Sabre" on YouTube, so that may help.
I guess as a personal suggestion for your saber character, maybe giving him slightly better mobility than the rest would help.

Just give him a really fast attack rate.

I'm serious.

Use the ballade cracker and just keep a close eye on his movements. It's not that bad once you get used to his speed.

Even higher than the charge character? ( I kind of intended the charge character to be the "Power" character of the group.

Already subscribed and own DS Zero collection. Still confused. (That's what made me decide to brave it and ask in this thread.) As for the mobility, that's sounds like a great idea.

That sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the output btw, everyone.

same

no, not higher than the charge character but he's slow, so since he's not-as-slow or even fast that's what would draw people to try him out

Are you saying he rigged the poll?

I guess the answer really depends on whether your character's attack is only one slash or if he combos multiple slashes. If it's only one slash, maybe make his attack power higher than a mid charge shot and lower than a full charge shot, if it's a combo it then maybe put it between a normal shot and a mid charge.

I don't think there is any visual tip to whether he's going to jump or run.

I could be wrong though, but it looks like he has a higher chance to jump if you're close to him.

>rigging an anonymous online poll between two characters from a cartoon video game
I hope he isn't THAT much of a troll, but who knows

I mean... I guess I can, it's just that after spending about five hours (cumulative) playing his stage, I've got a bit of a personal vendetta against him? Getting the Ballade Cracker almost feels like giving up now, but I guess I'll have to get over it. Its also a bit hard to "get used to" his speed when he kills you in 10 seconds and you have to spend 5-10 minutes playing through his stage. I guess I'm just salty at this point.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

He has a triple slash. (It would feel clunky if he only did one slash IMO) So I'll take that damage output into consideration.

So from what I'm getting so far. This is what I'm come to the conclusion of:

- Character that can charge (X -non-armored)

- Charge only aim character (Power-focused)

- Saber character (Speed-Focused?)

- Item grab character (Utility-focused)

Oh okay, at least that's something; I could barely make out any pattern. Thanks man!