What do you guys think of the 2018 Chevelle so far? A 300 hp NA 2.0 I4 and a 500 hp 3.3 v6...

What do you guys think of the 2018 Chevelle so far? A 300 hp NA 2.0 I4 and a 500 hp 3.3 v6. It gives alternatives in the muscle car market so it’s good for the culture.

Put a bullet in that abortion and let the chevelle remain dignified in death.

I'm not interested in one but I like that its going to be out there. Hopefully they make it handle well.

Be nice if muscle cars made a come back but lol at your engines and power.

Who cares normies call every muscle car a Mustang

> 2018 Chevelle

Wait what? I guess this trend will continue until we see a 2020 Ford Model T.

It’s at least interesting that the 4 banger will be the most powerful NA I4 from the factory.

I mean it's nice to pretend but shit like that wouldn't be coming out.

is this going to be made or being considered?

>300 hp NA 2.0 I4
show me the proofs

They should have called the Chevy SS the Chevelle. Would have sold more

>300 hp NA 2.0 I4
Wait, what?

They didn't want it to sell. That was the whole point.

>That was the whole point.
Redpill me on the SS? Why wouldn't they want it to sell? I know they admitted it probably wouldn't sell, but I didn't realize that was their motivation

That thing looks too neat to ever actually make it into production.

They had to build some Holden's for export becuase of some pre-existing inter-GM politics but because dollaradoo is stronk af they didn't make much of a profit on each car.

That’s weird. It’s a really well built car.

That, and they were gonna kill the Commodore and replace it with an Insignia clone (current Buick Regal in the US) anyway. Now they have the excuse of "well there clearly was no demand for such a car so we stopped production".

It’s be a perfect candidate to go in an 86 to get rid of that awful torque dip and give it actual power. Wouldn’t be cheap though

Where are you getting these numbers from, I haven't found anything official about a new Chevelle.

lol
This is trolling done right

This picture has been on the internet since 2011. It wasn't even created by anyone that works for general motors.

I think it has potential, and would add more variety.

And I couldnt help but to notice that Dodge still hasn't come up with a new style for the Chellenger or coming up with a new muscle car of any kind beyond differing engine packages.

>Hopefully they make it handle well.

Not a chance in hell. The people who buy these things only give a shit about straight lines.

Compared to the 2nd generation, the hood looks too short and the back doesn't flow the same.
I was about to say it looks too much like the challenger and camaro from the side and the challenger from the front. The back just looks like plain shit that wont age well. But the concept is interesting to introduce a new muscle car back the market. A 300 hp I4 would be great to introduce just for the novelity of having the most powerful I4 in the market and 500 hp for a V6 is amazing too. I'm not sure why there isn't a V8 option though as most of the old Chevelles were V8.
Dude this Chevelle will have more HP than any previous Chevelle in a V6 no less.

I know this isn't real
But if it doesn't have an LSX 454 option it's DOA

>LSX 454
Not street legal, lmao

Chevy doesn't need another ponycar, especially not a rebodied ATS-V with a V. What GM needs is to rebody the ATS-V as a GNX, because that would get boomer money, and then make a proper muscle car landbarge.

Who says?
I could put one in my car and it'd be legal.
In fact, I'd love to swap one in.

>A 300 hp I4 would be great to introduce just for the novelity of having the most powerful I4 in the market a
Lolno. A45 already has 375hp, hell, you can get a Polestart with 360.

GM should make a direct injected LS7 crate engine, bonus points if they manage to make it 454 instead of 427.

Nope, it's a crate engine that they can't put in their cars because it's not street legal

>believing wild claims
Come on man.

That's only because it doesn't have emissions equipment.
My LS1 doesn't have any of that shit and it's still technically road legal.

>Turbocharged

They still can't legally put an LSX 454 into a production car
Now sperg more

>They still can't legally put an LSX 454 into a production car
Why?

Except for faggy OP, there's nobody ITT claiming that GM could be making a n/a 300hp I4. It has to be turbo, and if so it's completely outclassed by modern I4 turbo engines.

GM could, however, take their current gen V architecture, and make a non-race 454 out of it, which would be emissions legal.

Emissions.

Reading is fundamental

reminder the Torino is superior to the Chevelle

now sperg at this fact, GM soibois

>First fully modular Ford EV

No one but Eastwood and his hmongoloid lady boy give a shit about a torino you ford cock sucking faggot

spoken like a true GM soyboi, sorry loser, Ford leads the way

You now remember the TRU 140.

looks like a fucking suppository, perfect for GM soybois

I like the design, (taillights could use work)
but

>NA 2.0 I4 and a 500 hp 3.3 v6.

The Chevelle wasn't even the best/nicest A-body, the Special, Cutlass and Tempest are all better in various ways. The Chevelle is just the one everyone flocks to because MUH BOWTIE, MUH BOOMERS, MUH 'MURRIKA.

Yeah I fucking love the sound of that. It’s exciting to think about

/thread.
fuck you.

It looks so happy :D

When are they announcing the V8 version?

>300hp NA 2.0 l4
>in 2018

Unless they found some way to magically bypass emissions laws I very much so doubt that.

>A 300 hp NA 2.0 I4
That engine will last for what, 10 years?

9 years and 6 months actually

But the ECU records an even if you ever use more than 290HP, as that automatically voids the warranty.

I would assume that could be the same but no information yet.

That would be downright sinister.

>A 300 hp NA 2.0 I4
That's not how engines work. Even if they did, it would have three and a half torkz at 11k rpm and wouldn't be able to move that 5 thousand pounds hunk of shit.

Really? Source?

I mean, if so, who the fuck would buy a car with an engine that won't survive a decade? If you bought it new, you could only resell it to enthusiasts that would swap it with a veeayte.

GM employee here, I'm calling bullshit on this. If there really was a 2018 Chevelle to be released, GM's Global Connect would have had an article about it early this year and my dealership would have taken delivery of a few by now