How ricey is to paint your calipers?

how ricey is to paint your calipers?

Other urls found in this thread:

engineeringtoolbox.com/emissivity-coefficients-d_447.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you do it, make sure it at least accents your paint and interior in some small way so that it becomes an accenting theme throughout the entire car and not just some shitty spraypaint on the calipers like you will probably ending up doing anyways

Honestly depends on the caliper more than anything. If they are little baby things don't paint them it just looks stupid. And with what other dude said, make sure it matches color aesthetic you are going for, dont just reach for the red/yellow cuz that means fast.

i think it could look okay on my car so i guess ima go for it

paint them black, stop them oxidising and looks stock.

If you paint them so they don't look like rusty shit, then it's fine. Red is fucking retarded. Just paint them silver/black.

just leave them stock unless you have brembos, or if your car came with painted calipers from the factory and they need a repaint

most of the time when I see calipers that people have tried to paint they're either
>not completely painted and look like shit
>painted, but completely faded out and look like shit

don't do it unless your car came with them from factory, you'll regret it

Who cares what Veeky Forums thinks, its full of aspies that reee at anything not a stock 80s shitbox. Just do it and stop wasting thread space

Anyone know if painting calipers significantly decreases the heat dissipation? Obviously there is the special high temp caliper paint and high end cars are almost always painted but I assume they ask use DOT 4 or 5.1 brake fluid.

My concern is painting a caliper that didn't come with it stock and now the caliper is holding in heat and cooking my DOT 3 brake fluid or requiring the rotors to soak up more increasing the chances of warping.

Pic unrelated just fucked

It actually helps the emissivity to paint aluminum calipers, as unintuitive as that seems:
engineeringtoolbox.com/emissivity-coefficients-d_447.html

Mine came red stock

Painted mine black. Only good for mild protection

BREMBOS BRAH!!!

Painting them grey, silver, or black is fine

Any bright colour like red, yellow, or blue on stock brakes is rice

Just buy new calipers that come painted as stock. That way you get better brakes and that rice flavour you're after.

This

I'm doing mine in black this weekend with high temp, chem resistant caliper paint. only 13 bucks from my local hardware store.

brake cleaner also doesn't fuck the paint desu

I did and they rusted to shit

Its only rice if you spray them while on the car.

if you repaint them when rebuilding them, and start with a proper coat of POR15 first, or powder coat, then its not rice.

Just use paint that is intended for metal.
I don't even, but i am sure 800C or 1000C is enough.
Like, main fire hazard for trucks, is that brakes go red, lose grip, keep heating, and then the tires ignite. Usually in long downhills, mostly in tunnels.
Not the fucking paint, which is barely capable of igniting/smoking

Autozone Honda ricey

Then that's fine.

I’ve got a dilemma, yellow car, calipers came painted in what I think WAS a black or dark silver/grey color, lettering in white. What color do I repaint? They’re in shit shape.

The results would to be too insignificant to consuder.

Grey would look nice