Something ive always been curious about

Why do mericans and non germans buy fast cars when they cant drive them fast ... ever?

I drive the Autobahn every single day and i always wondered about why the supposed land of the free has a nationwide speed limit

Are americans scared of driving casual 120, 130 mph to work like every german?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Af49qU_6TQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>130 mph to work
Proves that you aren't German. If you live in a metropolitan area, the average speed on the Autobahn during rush hour is the same as on a US highway.

>tfw sometimes had to drive to work at like 3:30 am
>only like 20 cars on the Autobahn
not OP
was fun

Autism ... especially a lot of people around the Frankfurt Area live remote and push it until they arrive in that shithole of a city

Not OP but I live in Munich and I do 170kph every morning in my 60hp shitbox on the way to work.

That red wrench light isn't d

>obeying the law

Sorry I don't like in a country of Islamized cucks

And I thought American traffic was bad. Jesus Christ

American here.
I commute everyday between munich and frankfurt. What pain in the ass. I might start taking the train.

As for the US, our highway system sucks. Wasn't built for highspeed
It gets real bad here. You can be in the same spot for hours

why would you fucking do that to yourself every damn day, are you just retarded? this is the worst possible route to drive, from the capital of bavaria to one of hesse's most important cities, just get a one-year card for the ICE or something baka

>commute EVERY DAY between MUNICH and FRANKFURT

lmao .. thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard

Mornings are usually easy. Its coming home thats fucking retarded. And its not frankfurt. I live about 45 min south of it. Right on the boarder of hesse and bavaria.

Its about 371km to work and I usually do it in an hour and a half to 2 on a good day. May have to start taking the train because there is a fuckton of construction near Wurzburg and then in Nuremburg.

>371km to work

are you fucking stupid?

Yes. Very. Fuck the train tho

371km
absolute madman

what

Have you never seen a jam before?

My car can get me a speeding ticket in first gear on my way to work and it takes me about 10 min to get there doing only about 10-15 mph over the limit.

Over 300 kilometers to work

WARUM!

>fast cars when they cant drive them fast ... ever?
Who says I can't?

Just because its against the law doesn't me you don't have the ability to do, cops aren't everyhwere.

>audi

coincidentally....

The 60hp shitboxes that comprise 90% of the traffic on the 'Bahn aren't doing 120mph. People here street race, do highway pulls or just take it to the track.

youtube.com/watch?v=Af49qU_6TQQ

Thats a loooong-ass drive to and from work, wtf.

Probably 95% of passenger vechiles are attempting to top out at any given time. Mind you their top speed is probably less than 180km/h and it takes they a century to get there.

Status symbols and ego/hatred of authority 95% of the time. That's what Canada seems like anyway. There's 8 racetracks within 3 hours from where I live and almost no one except me uses them unless it's "in season"

>tfw 90 hp shitbox and only waiting for a day of downhill section and tail wind to actually hit 120 mph

brudi tu dir das net an
nimm nen ice oder so

hey it's me

I don't drive downtown by car often though, too full

frankfurt o meet when

>I commute everyday between munich and frankfurt.
what the fuck

taking the car in rush-hour traffic to and from stuttgart stresses me out as fuck. trains are much preferred, thank you very much.

There are no speed limits in Italy if you're faster than the popo

>Are americans scared of driving casual 120, 130 mph to work like every german that isn't rding the bus?
ftfy

for the torque

>actually driving in Italy

How are you alive?

>driving the distance from Toronto to Windsor EVERY FUCKING DAY

I hope being able to legally drive above 100km/h is worth it dude

You don't know traffic jams until you've driven in Toronto bruh. Windsor's pretty bad too. I'm sure yanks have it much worse though

mein neger

Real answer inc
The reason the United States has speed limits on interstates is because of the (manufactured) oil crisis. The Federal government owns the interstates, and they mandated a 55mph speed limit to them to "conserve fuel" based off of "scientific" research about fuel economy.
The US Federal government also took that time to extort speed limits in the states by refusing federal funding if states didn't comply. (Same thing with drinking age)

Since the Federal government has grown and overreached and was not stopped, it's become the new norm, and there's essentially nothing you can do about it now. Government is easy to grow, hard to shrink.

If the federal government had never done what it did, today at least Montana would have no speed limits, and the majority of the country would have 18 as the drinking age.

Basically, the land of the free has become tyrannical, and the only solution is for the patriots to spill some blood. It's not like this was unforseen or anything.

Every road had speed limits before the fuel crisis dumbass. 55mph was and argueably still is the best hypermiling speed over long distances for production cars. The Montana speed limits were repealed after the national speed law was abolished and were only reinstated because accidents skyrocketed afterward.

Back to you fucking ancap

>Why do mericans and non germans buy fast cars when they cant drive them fast ... ever?
Having some power is nice to safely merge into intersections and shit mane.

>Every road had speed limits before the fuel crisis dumbass
Lol no, ask your grandpa before he dies.
If you were on a county road, it didn't have a speed limit.

>55mph was and argueably still is the best hypermiling speed over long distances for production cars.
According to 'science'. It's nonsense.

>only reinstated because accidents skyrocketed afterward.
Wrong, every single instance of removed speed limits has proven to reduce accidents.
The Fed threatened to steal their allowance.
Speed limits are unsafe because they give some a false sense of safety, and others get panicked about maintaining and reaching it.
When you're left to drive what speed you see reasonable, it makes drivers safer everywhere.
If you think speed limits keep people from speeding you're on the wrong board.

sources for any of this you two?

Even today with modern cars you get the best mpg around 55-65. Most passenger cars have a coefficient of drag around .30-.39 or something and 55-65 just ends up being the intersection where mechanical powertrain losses, high speed drag from wind resistance, internal combustion engine efficiency, rolling resistance, energy potential of gasoline, gearing, etc. all sort of starts to converge and intersect. Go faster and your drag increases, efficiency drops, so on and so forth.

>posts some 'science' not science
Dank.
Fact of the matter is the most important thing is gearing here, rolling resistance and aero don't really come into play until you're going over 100mph.

Most production economy cars made up until about 5 years ago will do ~1800rpm at 55 in top gear, just as with most lower travelling speeds. Go any faster and your revs will climb

The government's 55 mph mandate got repealed in 1995 by Clinton. That's why the highest speed limits have only been increasing.

The Montanabahn got shut down because some muh personal rights autist got tickets for reckless driving and said the laws were too vague instead of just paying. So, Montana's own Supreme court ruled the limit unconstitutional. It has nothing to do with the federal government.

of course, the answer is always muh government/muh jews/muh fake news/muh liberals/muh science that keeps good salt of the earth americans from doing god's work

>rolling resistance and aero don't really come into play until you're going over 100mph.

if you are talking about the rolling resistance of a racing slick or perhaps the aerodynamic effect of downforce but I think you'll find, because cars move through the atmosphere somewhere close to all the time, their aerodynamic shape has an effect at upwards of 15-20 mph, which is why the Prius looks like a spaceship and comes with hard, low resistance tires despite not being capable of much over 100 mph.

aerodynamics is not a switch that just happens at a certain speed, when you are talking about the drag of a body moving through a fluid, aerodynamics are in effect all the time.

Aero is multiplicative.
Take a look at my wording.
>don't really come into play
Aka, so small it's unimportant compared to the other factors.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Most cars in top gear sit around 3000rpm at 55mph.

>Most cars in top gear sit around 3000rpm at 55mph.
Wtf are you driving something with a 2 Speed Powerglide or something.
My 5 Speed E39 sits comfortably at 100kph on around 2200.

An E39 with an M52 sits at 3200rpm @ 65mph in 5th m8

>Something I've always been curious about

Why do Muslims rape in Germany when rape is illegal?

>when they cant drive them fast ... ever?
its called a track you fucking simpleton.

It's more a function of being a man than being a muslim.

I remember when roads in Montana didn't have a posted speed limit and cops would pull you over for doing 130 and just ask for $5

>why the supposed land of the free has a nationwide speed limit

We haven't had a nationwide speed limit since back when Jimmy Carter was president. 55 miles per hour.

If your state has a high speed limit, the federal government can do some dirty shit like stop funding highways in your state to punish you. Some states, like mine, don't give a fuck.

Texas raised its speed limit recently to 85 on certain roads in Texas. Interstate 10 in West Texas (it's a flat, straight, long road so 85 is perfectly safe) and the toll road that goes from Seguin to Austin, which is a total death ride from what I hear.

and it can go faster than your shitbox

>I commute everyday between munich and frankfurt.
wut... you lie. That's over 4 hours to drive from munich to frankfurt.

American drivers are really bad. Look at the driver examination. what a joke. Even non-english speaking spics and dumb niggers can get the driver license easily.

That's why we have a nationwide speed limit. Remember that making the exam so difficult is very RACIST.

Tolerance means tolerating intolerance.

The autobahn desu. Try 4 hour round trip averaging 200-210kph

how is this POSSIBLY worth it
and how the fuck do you still have time to post on Veeky Forums?
wouldnt you at least be able to fucking sleep on the train if you took that instead

I like kraftwerk

he's american. they're not exactly smart.

>65mph

Found your problem

No? Americans understand laws exist to be broken. Go watch James May talk about Germans and rules. You freaks are the only people who get so uptight about following orders.

Look man, I live in Texas. Speed limits here are optional. It doesn't matter what the posted number is, there is always someone going faster than you. I've blown past Ferraris going 120 and had trucks blast past at 140 churning out black smoke.

You buy a fast car in America so you can get around the flyover state retards tha come to your city terrified to go the limit.

This. Non Americans just can't understand

>I live in Texas
>flyover state retards

boy Texas is a flyover state haha

3mph over 100kph?

No m8. Its a fly to state. Fuk your b8

Yes, but I there is no place I can safely and legally drive my shitbox at its v max so it doesn't matter if an Audi goes faster

so u r saying your county is shit and therefore my Audi is shit because I can legally drive it 300+ kmh

Found the libcuck

ancapfag btfo, holy shit

>get around the flyover state retards tha come to your city terrified to go the limit.
you got that backwards m8

Too many people live in Texas for it to be a flyover

Can't tell if sarcastic or not

Who the FUCK keeps bumping this /int/ leakage?

Back when I lived in California, it was no different when I had to drive all over the place to meet with clients. Racked up close to 40k miles per year on my M5.

Usually a 3-4 hour round trip when I got pedal to the metal. Leave at 7 or so get there around 8:30-9 then leave work at 4-5 and be home anywhere between 6-8. Had some bad experiences taking the ICE desu. Driving isn't that big of a deal. Usually they have tons of broadcasts in the morning telling how the autobahns will be and plan my drive accordingly

just fucking move

junge du solltest echt mal deine lebensentscheidungen überdenken und einfach umziehen
das isses net wert

Dieser nigga hat recht

>go flat out on autobahn
>people yell at my yellow plate going too slow

Fuck you guys!

I currently love where I live. Driving that far is not a big deal. Most of the guys I work with live in longer distances. Can probably shave a ton of time if I really went for it instead of cruising between 190 -210kph. Train isn't my thing but I'll probably look into a year card. ICE takes about an hour of they don't delay us for a bomb threat like last time...

>unlimited speed limits
>aren't allowed to modify cars

What's the point?

keep your autobahn and we'll keep our freedoms

Keeping shit safe.

If your car can't reach 250km/h stock, it's not meant to reach it.

The freedom to be less free than Europeans?

Americans don't even understand the keep right unless overtaking rule, so now imagine they took away the speed limit on the highway... The deaths would be in the millions.

>aren't allowed to modify cars
wrong

This isn't true desu

Stop making us look bad you fucks.

Live in big euro city

Average commute speed 14 km/h.

Remember that one user a while back who got his car crushed for having the wrong horn button? Yeah fuck that.

Quit making us look bad. A horn is legally required, obviously if you're in a place with stringent inspections they have to make sure it works, but saying his car got crushed is just retarded. This has to be a falseflagging shitter.

>commuting by car
>driving to speed limits

Lol

Montana did it without enforcing the rule. You also can't expect people to keep right on a road where half the exits are to the left and two or more lanes can suddenly appear to your right with traffic coming up fast

Or people could, just, like speed up a bit to be in the left.

>implying

Less free in what ways?