/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

You can thank /vp/'s Bui for the interruption

Previous thread:Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- the first Splatfest is on July 15 [cake vs ice cream], you can download the demo now on the e-shop,the event starts at 3pm - 7pm PT (one day only)
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

> discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/type/op/page/5/
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/92803454782705664/123129186599567365/Luna_did_9_11.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The hell happened

/vp/

Some guy named Bui flooded the board. He fucks with /vp/ a lot apparently and is trying to get their board shut down by spamming

Sex with Marie!

How long has this Bui fag been doing this? this is the first time I've used Veeky Forums since Persona 5 came out

He's attacking /v/ now

first time i've heard of this "Bui" shitwad
the only other event like this that i've heard of was /vp/'s femalegoodra
and i wasnt even here for that

i got a screenshot of the wreckage

Hug and Protect

>"hey reggie! why don't we just build in a mic port for online chat with a proper lobby/friend system like every other major console?"

sounds like an improvement desu.

so apparently the /vp/ furfag that killed the last thread just attacked /v/

idk

Bui has been a faggot for years. YEARS.
At LEAST since Black and White came out.
He's been on cripplechan for a while, but he came back to be a failure of a human being on a less failed imageboard

gonna save some pages from /t/ just in case he hits there too

so
Bui > Slugfucker?

Yeah, Bui's a way larger faggot than slugfucker. At least slugfucker gave the beautiful phrase "motherly antennae", which kind of scares me thinking about who raised him. Bui just posts furry feet and makes everything a shitfest.

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/type/op/page/5/
Some guy spammed like 150~ unrelated pokemon threads in order to shit with Veeky Forums.

Not just Veeky Forums. He started with /vp/, moved on to Veeky Forums and hit /v/ after that. No clue where he'll hit next in his autistic crusade to get /vp/ removed.

So who's worse: babt or bui?

Like with our local retard, it's just a matter of time before he gets tired of it.

The Switch does have a microphone.
Beats me why they aren't using it for voice chat though. Or are they?

Honestly I never cared much more in-game voice chats. Voice chatting with strangers/randoms is the absolute worst. And if we're talking friends/acquiescences then there are much better and much more decentralized alternatives like Discord, Teamspeak, Skype. Etc.

tried finding him on encyclopedia dramatica, no luck
does he have any other names?

Is there a reason he wants to get rid of /vp/ other than just being a gigantic faggot?

Just a little heads up. With Splatoon 2 launching, and likely the biggest onset of new players trying the game since the initial launch of Splatoon 1.
Try to not be this guy.

If you're actually good at the game. You'll carry their weight even if they can't carry their own. They'll learn in due time.

>pic related
this is the exact reason why never have nor will ever touch ranked mode

What's the point? There's no in-game communication. Me getting angry only hurts myself, so there's no downside (or upside) to doing it.

Quoting from the /qa/ thread on this,
>Notorious /vp/ furfag who's been around since the board's inception, he's always pulled shit like this.
Only now for some reason he's went above and beyond with a borderline unstoppable one gorillion proxy botnet because he wants /vp/ to either get deleted, become a Red Board or some drawfags to produce footfag images of all 802 Pokemon.
Something like that, anyways.
Sidenote: He has been spamming /vp/ for the past week now, don't know why he decided to hit Veeky Forums and /v/

I know I'm going to be messing around and having fun when I'm matched against squibs. Loved doing that during splatfests I wonder if it will match you based on rank this time around too

hreadly post

>primary main
>secondary main
>tertiary main
>weapon you want to improve on
>weapon you hate dealing with
PLUS
>new weapon(s) you want to play with
>new stage you want to play the most

If i use discord while playing for teamchat
how can i hear the games sound too?

>Still only 2 pings

Shame they didn't use 4 to fit the dpad. What are the ones we have now?

Pros wear earphones for the game with headphones on top for the discord

Does your computer/laptop have a line-in?
If not you could get something like an iMic or another USB line-in interface.

Then you use a male-male audio cable from your TV/Switch or whatever you're gaming on, and plug it into the line-in on your computer.
Then you set your computer to listen to the line-in so that it plays all the input from the line-in.
And then you simply play your audio from the computer with your headphones/speakers or whatever.

That way you merge the audio streams. I do it all the time for pretty much all my console games no matter the console. It's much easier to just have my headphones being able to access all my audio outputs at all times rather than having to switch my headphones whenever I switch devices. I like it.

isn't the game sound slightly slower than it would be normally?

"This way!" replaces "C'mon!"
Booyah is the same.

DELET

If using a line-in? It depends on your line-in. Most desktop sound cards already come with line-ins that should be more than capable of handing game audio without any quality loss.

Most laptop sound cards don't have a line-in though, sadly. And only have mic-ins. Which is a real shame honestly. I really do wish line-ins were a standard for laptops too.
Mic-ins are pre-amped which means that they'll mess with the audio and in the case of mic-ins may very well pick up noise and other disruptions due to the very electricity itself in the devices and whatnot. And with few exceptions, the range for the audio won't be that great either, meaning a huge hit in quality. A lot of mic-ins don't even do stereo.

Which is why you want a plain old, non pre-amped, regular line-in. Unaltered audio input from the device of your choice. And you shouldn't suffer any quality loss.
As mentioned above. It's standard for desktops already. If you check it you probably have a line-in already that'll more than likely get the job done. And if you're on a laptop, it's sadly not a standard and you likely won't have a line-in. But it can be solved by using a USB line-in interface and simply using that instead.

It also has the upside of allowing you to record game audio easily. Enabling you to record game music or whatever. But yeah.

what i mean is that the game sound comes delayed and thats just bullshit

hm the last time i tried it was on a shitty laptop because that was the only thing i had
maybe it works better with my proper PC i have now

Well. If you tried it with the mic-in then yeah the audio quality would have gone way down.
But yeah. With a good line-in, as in a regular plain old line-in. There should be no issue.

I don't want to make any promises that it'll work with your hardware. But unless you've got some non-standard hardware it should work.

We should get a trend going for teams like
#Ice Cream Lads
and
#Cake Boys

quality wasn't a problem but the delay of the sound in relation to when it actually should be playing was quite noticeable and thus puts me at disadvantage

No. That shouldn't be an issue.
If you're thinking of video streaming and whatnot they typically do come with some delay, but that's mainly due to all the video processing and the audio being synched to the post-processed video feed.
A plain audio input and just setting your computer to listen to the feed shouldn't come with any delays.

Technically, in theory. The audio still has to travel through the cables. But it's not as if a 3 metre cable would pose any delay worth mentioning over that of a 1 metre cable. And just setting your computer to listen to the port shouldn't pose any delay worth mentioning either.

fuck off to twitter

Are those fish dolls coming back?

where my cake boys at

>but the delay of the sound
Well now I am curious as to what your set-up looked like. Because a plain audio input shouldn't come with any delays.

Setting your computer to listen to the line-in (or mic-in for that matter, but for this purpose you wouldn't want to do that for quality concerns), basically just links the audio input to the audio output directly. Be it the computer's speakers, your headphones, or whatever else. And shouldn't be much different than the audio simply being routed to your headphones to begin with.

Well. It's no secret that it's possible to route things wrong. Or that some hardware is not equipped to do it properly. But do know that it is indeed very possible, if you're interested.
That thing about the delay does sound odd though. I am not really sure what to say about that beyond how it shouldn't be an issue.

I hope so.

it was on the wii u when i did it
i plugged a male to male cable from the gamepad to the laptop and set it to listen
to hear it i used normal headphones and plugged them to the audio output
this was enough to cause a delay apparently

That comic never gets old.
You can't help becoming that guy, and then you realize you're most likely fighting along side a legit 6 year old.
I for one can't wait to see all the new squibs shooting at walls and painting corners again.

That's super weird. I've got no comment.
I am sorry, I guess. I wish I could pin-point your issue.

But if you're still interested and if you've got a new set-up/hardware. I'd say it should be worth trying it again. Because it should work, just like it should have worked the first time.

i think the problem is the wireless connection
the tv gets the audio over cable
but the gamepad over bluetooth(i guess)
maybe this caused the problem

Yeah. But the thing is. If there is no delay between the Wii U and the gamepad (technically there is but let's just disregard said delay), then routing the gamepad to the computer should cause no further delay to speak of.

Yep. No pat pat this time though

What would it be like fucking something with no bones?

Bag of sand.

Or you could just go to the local asian market and buy a squid to fuck.

I'd guess it's to do with the exact software passing the line in to the output. I used to play with my gamepad audio going through my laptop when I wanted to listen to something else, and I never noticed a delay, but (for example) monitoring the same line in using Audacity I hear a nearly ~90ms delay.

So what do idols do when they're not on the stage?

sitting behind glass and waving at fans

This

>reading ink weekly
As expected from the lowest common denominator. Even Weekly Shounen Super Jump is better than this.

my thoughts when all weapons will return in splatoon 2 cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/92803454782705664/123129186599567365/Luna_did_9_11.gif

I like to think Pearl is a mega nerd off stage and does stuff like playing fantasy board games and going to conventions in disguise. No idea what Marina would of on her off time. I guess hiding from MIGAfags

>I'd guess it's to do with the exact software passing the line in to the output.
Well. Unless you've got a specific software for a specific purpose. Like say, for recording purposes or whatever.
I'd recommend just going to the audio output settings straight in windows/your OS and the settings for your active speakers, then the levels tab. And simply unmute the line-in/mic-in.

Then there should be no delay.

>tfw no money for switch
>tfw wont be able to play splatoon 2 at launch

>not just buying the game and going to a friends house to play
baka

In this boat

>tfw having a switch + pro controller
>gonna play the 3 splatfest
>waiting for splatoon 2 launch like a good boi

life is good also good lucking finding one user

>implying I have friends
>or friends with a switch for that matter
lmao i wish

>having friends

We're all friends aren't we. Why don't you come over to my place and fuck my Switch?

why don't we just use the discord voice channels?

Yeah, this was on os x which (as far as I'm aware) doesn't give you the option to monitor the line in by default.

umm... discord is toxic and full of namefags mmkay? rather not play splatoon for the rest of my life than join that cesspool of shit

So, Splat Brella or Dualies?

Oh. I guess that explains it. Well that must suck.
I'd assume there is a way around that, but I wouldn't know.

brella seems like the perfect gun for pushes especially for rainmaker, one guy can hold the shield so it gets launched meanwhile the carrier can stay behind it and advance without worrying about getting killed

DONT FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA

I'm actually curious to see how it'll work against Blasters/any sub with splash damage. Obviously it'll block if you shoot straight at it, but hitting around the side of the shield might be profitable.

It might get better once the new game actually comes out, so people will actually be using it for game related banter.

What's stopping them from talking about Splat1?

user we don't even talk about Splat 1 anymore

>mfw my workplace accepted my day leave so I can play splatoon all day

i can't wait for the /ink/ squads to do this

My fellow poor brethren

>4 v 4 brella fights
Fucking fun times ahead

Oh man, can you imagine Brella with ink armor

You go ahead and do that.

Can you angle the umbrella around while it's a shield? Can you move while you have the umbrella out?

Neither. Clash blaster.
yeah the umbrella won't do too great against blasters.
I think it would be pretty good for tc, too. Just sit on the tower with your umbrella out and you won't be sniper bait anymore.

We can even equip helms/heavy looking equipment

Right there with you.

Blasters, Bombs, Inkray Special, Explosion Special, Sloshers, and it will die off shortly/blow up by itself

What said
The umbrella shield will buy you a little time, but it looks like it won't take long before it breaks(plus you need to release and shoot again for it to stay attached, creating an opening). I think the umbrella ejection is the big thing. Allows for a great, protected push, while also allowing for a mix up ambush since you can pop out at any point along the ink trail it creates. It seems like THE rainmaker weapon

Don't bother coming in the rest of the week.

I'm actually considering taking a week long vacation to play Splatoon 2.