/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #524(?)

''Rewind'' Edition

Previous Thread: →

>Life Is Strange: Before the Storm First Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=l7d75ntYy_M

>Life is Strange: Before the Storm Announce Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13333675
strawpoll.me/13333690
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
youtube.com/watch?v=J6-dO3Oq6G0
youtube.com/watch?v=vrXpFh2IHZY
youtube.com/watch?v=R2LQdh42neg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meh

This is the first time I've seen us lose a thread in ages. Weird.
I'll post this on behalf of the usual Kate poster

Those stupid spammers!

Repostan.

The power of Pricefield defeated by mere Pokémon.
Sad!

The Veeky Forums catalog got spammed and lost probably more than half of its threads.

the fact that it was only 20 minutes between last post and losing the thread was stupid too.

Also
WTF I LOVE WARREN NOW

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Could you guess whose account is it?

Oh gosh. I got scared that since I was having internet problems for part of the day, I thought /lisg/ lost a thread due to inactivity and I was partially the reason.
But someone was spamming the catalog again? It happened last night. Hella lame.

You fucklechucks let it die again

Very good work, QTori! BtS Chloe is cute but she feels incomplete. It may be the change in voice, not having Max (or even Rachel at the start), and no tattoo but that Chloe like she's still developing into the one we know and love.
She's still a chrysalis and has yet to emerge.

Best minor girl

>tfw i finally had my chance to make a dana thread but i went with rewind theme because it seemed apropos

It wasn't our fault! Look at the Veeky Forums catalog and see how many generals had to restart threads in the past 30min or so
Almost like the board got hit by a tornado and it moved everything around, but everyone ultimately made it out alright :D

I think she was interesting as a look into strange alternate possibilities, but I actually agree with you on this. It seemed like her existence cheapened Max's personality and went for far too much of a Tabula Rasa approach.
I could see William being alive causing some series of changes that lead to Max being more wild and outgoing, just as it reversed that for Chloe, but making her a Vortex Groupie who hangs out with Nathan and sends threatening texts to Alyssa? Based on someone in another state she never visits being alive? Come on.

Im glad im a baefag, i was a bayfag until i was browsing Veeky Forums, le reddit and the discord and seeing everything i missed.
I cried like a bitch seeing the bay ending and was depressed for 2 weeks like i literally had trouble getting out of bed and i was thinking of the game pretty much every second i was awake.
Fucking even listening Spanish Sahara brings me back the feels.
I know now that bay ending is a bad ending but when you first see it it really gets to you and does such a good job fucking with your head.

When i first did the bay ending i didnt think "Max learned her lesson or anything" I just thought of it more as a things got really fucked up ending and there was nothing you could do to stop it.
I think the reason it hurt for me so much was because i didnt try to justify the ending with saying "oh well max learned her lesson" I knew there was no lesson to be learned and if that ended up actually happening to someone they would be a much weaker person after.

at the time it just felt like getting a dynamic bad ending to the game. Like say playing heavy rain and fucking up so bad you get the worst ending.

here she is

Dana can be friends and roomies with Max and Chloe in Seattle if she wants

My favorite minor girl is Stella.

Too bad the only fic I know of that features her in any meaningful way is All Wounds, which is definitely not my cup of coffee.
Oh well. Hope she recovered from everything alright, didn't beat herself up over being attracted to Jeffershit, and found better motivational outlets than drugs.

No point in changing the filename from kate.jpg

Max and Chloe are living with Max's parents for a while until they get their own apartment.
Then it will be two young, loving, girlfriends in their first place together...probably best they don't have anyone else living with them. Dana, and all their other friends, can visit from time to time though.

I don't think Max and alt-Max were entirely different people. Yes, there were some very clear distinctions but I think overall they had the same ideas.
"Maxine" was more assertive and argued with her parents as any teen does at times, but she still deeply cared for her friends. The difference was in that timeline she was friends with the Vortex Club so that's the side she took and saw those who harassed the club as harassing her friends.

She also kept in touch with Chloe in some way which was a boost to her confidence since she didn't abandon her friend after that friend's father died, even though Max was disgusted by how unfazed her counterpart seemed to be concerning Chloe's condition. I can't help but agree with Max on that, but it's just another variation on the original mistake Max made: Not being there for Chloe. Max gained the power and learned that lesson, Alt-Max never did.

In the 'real' timeline, Max is friends with the lower part of Blackwell's social ladder so she sees the Vortex Club as the harassers and her enemies (Once again, I agree with Max here since from an outside observer it does indeed look like the Vortex Club are the aggressors). She even sticks up to them at times, much like she did to Alyssa in the alternate timeline, telling people who are messing with her and her friends to knock it off.

Regardless of alt-Max's issues and attitude, she's gone because Max refused to become that person. Our Max is the real Max and alt-Max was just another "What if?"

Burgers n' shakes with Bae
Even if the diner had to be rebuilt, Joyce's cookie stayed exactly the same. She didn't lose her touch.

DELETE THIS

Do like I do, and let the incredible sadness of the Bay ending fuel the eternal Baeflame burning in your heart. Bay hurts so impossibly much and feels so profoundly wrong, that, in turn, Bae feels like the empowering and right ending we take it to be.

It really does. From a narrative stand point its only fair for max to keep chloe. its cold computer logic to imply that your best friend isnt worth a town, that mind you had enough time to get out of the way.
I got my friend to play the game and he choose bae ending right away his first play through and we have been talking about it recently and he had some really sound logic on par with this board despite him not visiting any LiS boards.
I feel like i actually learned something about myself and my friend, I usually think im good at reading into details and making the correct choice but in this case i clearly over thought it and i regretted it for weeks like i was actually in Maxs position. If it hurt that much just seeing it as fictional thing imagine how hard everything would be being max in that moment.

I had to play through the full thing about just to make things right. My depression slowly went away but the passion is still here.

Are you gonna fug him?

>If it hurt that much just seeing it as fictional thing imagine how hard everything would be being max in that moment.
Impossibly hard. We've always said that, after the Bay ending, if we must go there hypothetically, there are only two outcomes imaginable for us: a universe-destroying madness, or a self-destroying sadness. Max tries everything to get back to Chloe, or dies trying. She would use her power to keep fighting for her, for them, and if her power wasn't to return, she would kill herself. A world without Chloe is not worth living in for Max, it's not her world and she would never be able to live in it, never belong. Always wrong. Never home.

It's them together, or bust.

Chloe is for loving!

fuck

I won't run away no more, I promise
Even when I get bored, I promise
Even when the ship is wrecked, I promise
Tie me to the rotten deck, I promise
I won't run away no more, I promise

Jam sesh with the girls

Chloe is also for protecting!

Chloe a cute.

C U T E
U
T
E

I disagree about the extent to which alt!Max was similar to prime!Max.

With Chloe, her 'change' between timelines had two significant differences:
1. Rather than a change in another state, it was her OWN father dying, and being replaced by a new, strict, ex-military guy; plus the complete loss or maintenance of bodily autonomy.
2. We already saw both parts of Chloe before the AU. We knew she had a secret love of science, keeping science magazines in her room right up to 2013, that she used to read mangas as a kid, etc, and that she is also socially outgoing and bold. In the AU, being paralyzed simply robbed her of a social life at all (regardless of whether she was 'punk') and she had to connect with her more geeky side.

With Max, the change is a major about-face. We never saw anything like the girl Max is in the AU in the prime timeline, and in most ways she is the complete antithesis of everything Max stood for. If one accepts that some vague change to the guilt regarding Chloe in 2008 could turn Max into that, one might as well throw out the concept of 'Max' altogether. By that logic, for all we know, 5 years after meeting Chloe again Max will be a chain-smoking con artist who loves reality TV.

anons, what was your reaction when chloe gets shot by jefferson?

Max a cute.

I was shocked but looking back I shouldn't have been. It was an obvious trap and i knew something was going to happen

totes a cute.

I wasn't surprised something happened at the junkyard; I was a little surprised Jefferson did it. And it was sad but I knew at that point Max was gonna find a way to go back and save Chloe.

shocked but not really since Max can undo it anyway

Pirates for life

youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

Yo, Ho, Ho, and a bottle of strawberry juice.

Chloe certainly thinks so

Not me. And you anons wonder why I false flag innocuous posts for shits and giggles.

Her camera didn't break in the first timeline. Fixing it undid the change.

I wasn't surprised it was Jefferson, but the way Chloe jerked backwards with the bullet almost made my heart stop. Her death took me by surprise. I figured they would be taken hostage and tortured/abused, but not killed.

>i knew something was going to happen
Same. I figured Jefferson was in on it based on the phone conversation and the protest too much comment about Kate, but not that he'd kill Nathan and the rest.

What. A. Perv. Butt we love her anyway.

Strawberry vodka, ya prude.

I think me word were "oh come the fuck on"
I knew Max was going to fix it but I also knew things were about to get a lot worse

This song is so comforting to me. Originally I would get sad hearing it but now it just makes me think of Max and Chloe sitting together, relaxing, or going o their adventures. Their ending is a happy one, it would just take some time to overcome what happened to them but they would make it.

>innocuous
You false flag things because you're a faggot that thrives off drama. /lisg/ is nice and you try to drag it down to the same level as other generals.
There's no justification or reason other than you feel you have to be the center of attention. Then when you get exactly that because of your own inflammatory actions, you act like you're innocent and everybody else is being unreasonable.
You've even said you don't use a trip because you know everyone would just filter it. You're so entitled you think we NEED to see your bullshit.

Just don't reply to them
Let the idiot talk to themselves and let their hooks go unbitten

Ignore and hide

Same because it was during credit scenes which were typically after a sad or emotional moment. But now I feel the exact way as you

Yaargh!
youtube.com/watch?v=J6-dO3Oq6G0

I want to see Max, Chloe, Kate, Victoria, Brooke, and Warren play Mario Kart online. Or a bunch of other party games that are sure to result in anger and cursing.

those damn pokemon

I feel numb
I feel numb
I feel numb in this kingdom

>I wish I haaad, an Americaaan. giirrrlfriend

I understand that they caused quite a bit of trouble earlier

I want to see LiS1 with out the powers but the same story.
And it takes place over the whole school year, we could of got amazing side arcs such as the Max, Chloe, Warren, Daniel, Brooke, Kate and 2 other new nerd characters play DnD together.

Also i want to see how if you go ape with warren how chloe reacts to it.
Also I want to see the halloween party and price field Christmas.
and then the spring season is where jefferson gets exposed, LiS1 ends with prom and Max graduating.

This.
Somewhere in some timeline, Chloe and Max are chillaxing.

yes they did. nothing we can't overcome though

>More like Hellaween
I actually thought that was what the game was about when I first heard about it, and even up until the point I considered buying it and saw the time elements in the description. I thought it was entirely grounded in reality and just a high school drama-type thing

How is this song so good guys? I've been listening to it all day and it still gives me goosebumps.
youtube.com/watch?v=vrXpFh2IHZY

That all sounds great but I do like Max having the power she does. She's pretty responsible with it and her getting it allows her to help a lot of people.
Seeing the whole school year would have been awesome, and with Jefferson getting busted close to the start of the year then that leaves plenty of time for comfy scenes and healing. For doing a lot to help put Jefferson and Nathan away, and improving her relationship with David, Chloe could probably get back into Blackwell to finish her year and graduate a little later with Max.

Kate's got a thing on her head.

Is the hotdog man snap chat thing just more proof that the bae ending was real and right now somewhere on the west coast of america Chloe and Max are happily together?

>Someday we will foresee obstacles
>Through the blizzard, through the blizzard
>Today we will sell our uniform
>Live together, live together

That's kind of sad, but funny. We don't need anymore proof that the bae ending is real or canon. We have more than enough as is.

I wonder when Chloe would finally decide to propose. I think maybe five or so years after the storm and then being together.
Not because she's unsure she want to spend her life with Max, but because she wants to make sure they're in a good spot before spending money on all that stuff and they have their own house so they can fully enjoy married life and think about if they want to make their family larger.

>Hello Darkness my old friend...

>I wonder when Chloe would finally decide to propose.
Probably once they're more stable. It'd be a formality at that point.

To bae or not to bae, that is the question

Rachel is a necessary tool for Pricefield to happen..

Thank you Rachel!

Chloe got aids from fucking all those guys and doing drugs
She will die in a few years anyway so Max can't save her
Just pick to save the town like morally responsible adults instead of punishing and killing everyone else over some idiot whore's mistakes
She should have known not to mess with the crazy rich kid
Nathan pretty much did everyone a favor

More LiS reaction pics pls

Oh yeah they both would know it's coming eventually. Chloe would go through all the proper routes. Telling Joyce and David (Joyce gives Chloe the rings William proposed to her with, Max wearing Joyce's and Chloe wearing her dad's), asking Ryan and Vanessa for their permission- which they give, and then planning a nice night to do it.
I think Chloe would say they should go to Paris for a trip, and then on their final night in the city is when she asks Max. One night their just girlfriends and then on the flight back they're officially fiancees.
They get back and start planning the wedding and invitations.

Rachel's more than a tool! She clearly helped Chloe get through a tough time in her life and helped her realize things about herself. She also guided Max through some parts of that crazy week.
She was watching them from wherever she was and helping them. Maybe as way to make up for the big mistakes she made during her own life, but that's a bit of a glorified way to look at it, though I think it's fitting since as of now I have a fairly high opinion of Rachel despite her obvious shortcomings.

C U T E
U
T
E

@182304786
No (you) for (you)

Bridesmaids? Kate obviously. Dana? Victoria assuming nice Vic is canon?

Love you Max.
I hope you and Chloe are doing okay and are happy right now, good luck in life.

Here you go.

Chloe wouldn't settle for a cliche like that. She gave Max her father's Polaroid camera on her birthday because the gift was meaningful. Max might propose to her in Paris, but Chloe would bend the knee somewhere more closely related to who they are. Perhaps at the treefort they built as kids. That seems most likely.

Maxi-mum cute!

Thanks. One of these days I will manage to type out a nice post without having some kind of misspelling or grammatical error.

Oh well. At the wedding are both their families and all their friends from Arcadia Bay and Seattle. Kate is Max's maid of honor, Frank is Chloe's sort of best man, Victoria is in charge of the photography, Dana and Juliet help coordinate the clothing of both parties.
Everyone works to keep Chloe away from the drinks and Max away from a camera until AFTER the ceremony is over.

Here's another

Kate for sure. Max didn't have a close relationship with anyone else at Blackwell. Maybe Victoria, if her remorse was genuine. Her friends from Seattle and relatives are more likely choices.

Not entirely sure how a wedding between two women works with regards to roles. But both would have their close friends by their side and helping them. I do think Victoria and Max would have become a lot friendlier over that time but still see each other as rivals. Which is why Max asks Victoria to take pictures since she respects her work and knows she will get good ones.

Ooops. Forgot this. Sorry, friendo.

I think they'd combine wedding parties. There's no reason for Chloe to have a best man, but Frank would definitely be there. Pricefield isn't a traditional couple. Following traditions isn't necessary.

>Max away from a camera until AFTER the ceremony is over.

More like keep her away from it during the Bachelorette party. What happens in ____ stays in _____.

Max's side: Kate, Victoria, Dana, Juliet
Chloe's side: Frank, Justin, Trevor, and of course Rachel (If Max goes back to save her)

They may not be traditional but I think Chloe would place emphasis on "doing it the right way". Deep down, she likes the cliches and would want to make sure Max gets the day she deserves. While they may plan and discuss a lot of stuff, it would probably end up being fairly simple since at the end they both just want everyone to have a good time.
Chloe may start getting into a bit of a panic about all the stuff they need, but Max will calm her down.

Lets be honest, we know this ship would actually work. Opposites attract and such.

geeky nerd beta guy ends up with the alpha bitch character. classic
could work
Man, I really wish this game was more about the characters and less about the storm. I really it was going to be about more high school drama and real issues that young adults go through.
The storm was a mistake.

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU FAGGOTS LET THE THREAD DIE????

I do see a potential between them. They are both huge nerds. Warren just wants someone who returns his feelings and Victoria wants someone she knows won't judge her or hurt her.

nope, a pokemon spammer caused this general and several others to die.

Even when trying to make a nice post with some fun points, you have to be an idiot with the images. And you wonder why people don't like you.
Fucking why?

user please dont give him the yous

Its the max and chloe at the end of the year prom with each other right before max graduates episode we all want.
They slow dance to this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=R2LQdh42neg

>The storm was a mistake.
This. Max still has time powers, but no impending doom. Just the idea of the Prescotts controlling the entire town and the fishing industry causing issues while a bunch of high schoolers try to find their way

I was enjoying the conversation and thoughts until the urge to shitpost and abusive lover mentality struck.
>See I'm not bad, I only hit you *some* times
We need to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.