/hg/ - Halo General

Fucking WHY? Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tank-drops-travel-plans

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

Previous Thread (it happened again, this time only 25 minutes after the most recent post. Truely this means war)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2kdqtauPUlck8vjKxGLgW0UZN6GPZRZUuJVSlJpHc8KKYPQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Map bracket has been updated with the results of phase 2 voting.
Phase 3 is now live!

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2kdqtauPUlck8vjKxGLgW0UZN6GPZRZUuJVSlJpHc8KKYPQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Phase 3 is entirely Halo 3-themed. Make your decisions wisely.

If this keeps up, we will hit thread #400 in under a month.

>we hit thread 400
>we had no time to arrange a special pic
>have to resort to MS Paint

I can see it now

That'd be a better result, anyways.

>tfw this weather
I was supposed to go to my friend's house to play gears but holy shit...
Is anyone playing anything Halo related tonight in case I have to stay in?

Apparently it's shitposter season so we've got thread flood warnings

Middle of summer... makes sense

>Sword Base making it out of the first round
Absolutely disgusting.

Survey time to all you /hg/ friends

>Would you or do you accept forged maps in MM given that they are well made

>Add something big to Forge. Like magnets or prefabs. Something youd think would help a lot

>Add/create a new mode or improved mode for Halo6. Keep it short. Dont repeat something without adding fixes or changes

>Kill off 5 current characters

>Do something fucking insane story wise in Halo6. Something that would blow your mind.

GO!!!!!

Hey to you. Doing this work for this. Thanks for being organized enough to set this up. Insane we have like 100+ maps to survey and some. It'll be insane once this is done. So thank man

Would you or do you accept forged maps in MM given that they are well made

>Yes. Why not. If a maps good its good. As long as there's actual solid made maps too
Add something big to Forge. Like magnets or prefabs. Something youd think would help a lot

>Making terrain not count towards budget. So you could make forge world but it would barely cost anything

Add/create a new mode or improved mode for Halo6. Keep it short. Dont repeat something without adding fixes or changes

>A sort of firefight based on campaign that's team based. One team plays Spartan 4s. other team is covenant. Its like campaign but your enemy are players.

Kill off 5 current characters
>Lasky. Palmer. Vale. Kelly. Chief

Do something fucking insane story wise in Halo6. Something that would blow your mind.

>Infinity being used to..... Destroy a huge area of Earth to stop the flood/enemies. Killing a huge number of humans to stop the enemy. It would be crazy. The infinity would make the POA explosion look like a BB gun

I'd like to see the infinity in action, since it is a cool ship

>forge maps in MM
Yeah, when they are well made. Breakout maps are forge maps. the maps for that extermination gamemode were all forged
>bigly improve forge
Add a terrain creator in the same style as Far Cry, but without farcrys constraint in actual map assets
>new mode
4 dimensional first person shooter experience
>kill 5 characters
Osiris minus Buck for the first 3, then Cortana and either Warden or Atriox
>insane plot
Cortanas retardation is an unrealised side effect of the Gravemind fucking with her during Halo 3, she's been (perhaps even unknown to herself) manipulating the Galaxy with Guardians to make it even easier for the Flood to eat everybody after they come back again from either the Ark, one of the leftover rings, or literally anywhere else in the Galaxy that the gravemind could have easily sent a Flood force to with all his assets after Halo 2.

>something fucking insane in halo 6

we use the Halo rings

And I mean we fucking nuke the entire galaxy with them again

How cool would that be

Shit. That would redeem current halo cortana shit. And its possible. Guardians follow whoever controls them. What if cortana unknowingly let's flood spread?

They were used before. Would have to explain that all species would come back again in time. But being Chief and having to kill all life to prove your power and to stop flood would be fucking insane

It could just be retconned that there's a shield world or a place on the ark with a bunch of leftover catalogued species to be re-seeded after we do it.

What an end to the series that would be

>Fucking WHY?
It wasn't innactivity, apparently many generals died too.

>just be retconned
But the Halos reseeding the galaxy is already canon, you don't need to retcon a thing.

It's more like "Why is this faggot bot spamming new threads and making every other thread die?".

why can't I view votes

Osiris and Cortana
>Do something fucking insane story wise in Halo6. Something that would blow your mind.
Massive slipspace event that encompasses the entire universe has merged the Halo universe with another universe. When Master Chief looks to see who is beside him, it's Samus!

It's actually well over 120+, and even more when you consider forge canvases are not included.
And yeah no problem. I'm interested to see the results

And that reminds me. I have fixed an issue with the form that was keeping results hidden. You can view them now.

>Rat's Nest losing 6 to 2 to Standoff

This

As it should be

Good

No

While YOU spend HOURS debating fictional maps, CHAD is busy fucking your ONEITIS. How will you cope?

>Would you or do you accept forged maps in MM given that they are well made
Yes

>>Add something big to Forge. Like magnets or prefabs. Something youd think would help a lot
Music , stationary/idle Covenant/UNSC AI

>Add/create a new mode or improved mode for Halo6. Keep it short. Dont repeat something without adding fixes or change
Invasion variant: Large scale maps (forge world size, lots of open space), high player count with different classes and races to play as (Spartans, ODSTs, Elites, brutes, jackals) each with different abilities. Grunt/marine AI in combat

Osiris, cortana

Get rid of the current story arc. Focus on an Elite who has been the victim of ONI, his clan/home of sanghelios was destroyed and he has set out on revenge. This story would set up the plot for future mainline games

By masturbating to the trap .gifs Bias keeps linking in the discord.

>Blackout barely leading against fucking citadel
>Heretic losing to assembly
Absolutely Atrocious taste.

Fuck it, why not?

Blackout a shit

Blackout is horrid dude. Only thing good was the artic skybox. But its fucking ugly

But Citadel is just a room ripped from the campaign

Protect us tonight, mods

How many hot pockets have you sacrificed?

haven't had one in years

>shitbox, snoreshore, el rato, shitaph, and citaJUST all losing
This is good.
I'm glad to see when it comes to Halo 3, /hg/ has good taste

when is the next game night?

Ask Red, Im really excited for a /hg/ Tournament 2: Electric Boogaloo

Why is it so hard to get people to play outside of game nights?

same was fun but man we need to do some practice nights to prepare, woo boy was it crazy.

Halo wars 3 should have a fleet mode

usually it's timing like people trying to play 4:00 in the mourning instead of like 9:00 in the afternoon or people just plain not joining when someone starts one.

My sleep schedule is turbo fucked so I've been waking up at 5 in the afternoon

i can understand that but scheduling/ timing is necessary when getting a group together efficiently.
like what happened for the tournament only about 7 people said for sure they were coming then we got full from lurkers who never said anything but showed up and filled up the lobby. not that that's inherently bad but it's appreciated if we can know who's coming and how many slots we have open.

People are on then but they're all playing different games. If you go into the /hg/ parties that are up at those times you see everyone on different games and one or two people on Halo Wars 2 most of the time. Now that's not necessarily a Halo party more like a party of people who all happen to be in /hg/ but those parties are still full of the same people who show up regularly to Halo game nights.

yeah i have a couple of them added and see that but i see it more of a friends who happen to be in /hg/ then an /hg/ lobby open for anyone to join. unless they say otherwise that's what i assume.

Nah, it's usually always open for anyone.
Buy Halo Wars 2 to get the full experience!

That's true. I know the general is open to anyone that browses these threads active or inactive, it just makes me think what's going on with the other 90% of /hg/.

They're usually playing other games on their own

Does anyone else unironically use the grunt announcer

I would if I wasn't too cheap to buy the pack

You mean too smart? It wasn't worth the price

You mean has anyone else submitted themselves to the shackles and chains of 343 and wasted money on audio DLC?

No.

No, I use Nathan Filion

i like his opening to the attacking side on array, but that's about it

'The enemy has the spire. YOU should have the spire. GO CAPTURE IT.'

I love how cheeky grunts can be

It's not hard to get people to play, but the tournament thing takes a bit more practice and time to set up.

Anyone up for a 1 v 1 tournament this Friday?

I know people were up for one before but it never got past the planning stage and has been delayed ever since. Figure I can try to arrange something since I want one to happen,

If you're interested, just reply to this post with your GT and I'll throw the names into a pot and start randomly generating the first round match-ups and brackets.

If you could also post the times you can make it on Friday (and over the weekend if Friday is not a possibility) that would be great. Please include timezone.

Ideally I'd like most of the matches to take place Friday evening/night, but if people who get matched up can't make it then matches can be arranged for the Saturday/Sunday as well.

Not really got anything in terms of a reward for the winner at this point, but I'll try and think of something. Or if anyone has any suggestions/contributions that would be great. But for now the incentive to join and win is just to prove you're the best in /hg/. Or have fun. Either one.

Can't make it

Nope

This weekend isn't good for me. But don't let that stop you

I can actually make it but I have to decline anyway because I want to pick up the game again and get better first

1v1 me FAGGOT

I'll let you know. I should be able to make it. But my disc tray was having issues and I have to reinstall 5.

Well, that's a great start.

What about Friday the 21st? If it means you four can make it.

That might work

>another Sigmund and friends cuckfest
Count me out

Galko isn't real, user

>backup
>sigmund & friends
Pick one.

Post GT.

Well if you're not in Sigmund & Friends then you probably aren't good enough to compete anyway. :^)

Wrong.

I might. I have a busy weekend so I unfortunately can't commit but if the wind blows the right way I coupd make it. I wish I could let you know more ahead of time.

Count me in, dirty slut.

>pretending to be mclovin
For what purpose.

Hey Backup, I would say just have it this week. One of the problems with 1v1 things is they intimidate people. So if you delay it you will get the same problem.

I say just set a firm date on it this friday and see how many people you can get. It might only be a small number but you can think of it as a bit of a prototype tourny for a bigger one later on. Once people see it's not a big deal, you're more likely to have success later on.

How can Rats Nest fags even compete?

>tfw tourney user is rigging the /hg/ vote
>46 votes on phase 1
>45 votes on phase 2
>phase 3 somehow jumped 20 votes in like 2 hours to make it to 45
something is fishy here

Don't question it, pets just see the result

>being this mad that one map is losing to another map

Mister chef. I am lock.

>rats nest fags
Those exist?
Pretty much everyone knows Standoff is superior. Rats nest is a niche expirament that often doesn't pan out well.

Lock. I arbirter.

Arbitrer. Yo soy un pizza.

La pizza. Comer en la naranjas de high charity.

What the fuck?

Post edgy shit

I can't believe Halo 6 will release under a tyrranical facist Drumpbstumff regime!

Does this make felix the Cat a hate sumbol?

>Felix
For what purpose?