Okay, what the fuck is a "boom turbo" supposed to be?

Okay, what the fuck is a "boom turbo" supposed to be?

The way they were treating it, it's not just a turbo, it's some specific kind, but that's not a term used in English and I can't find a proper translation of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fQYqoybli34?t=8m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Misfiring/anti-lag system.

>Misfiring/anti-lag system.
MISFAIRINGU/anti-lag SHISTEMU.

You're not even thinking of the right car.

Maybe its the nickname of a specific turbo. Id imagine it earned that nickname with massive turbo lag and a sudden power delivery.

large laggy turbo, boost coming in around 3.5 - 4k rpm causing a sudden burst of power and acceleration.

What shit subs are you using, it's MISFIRU SHYSTEMU.

See

It's a slang term for a large turbo on a small engine (i.e, 4age, aka ae86). As you know on bigger turbos you have more turbo lag, but you also get more boost, you would think it would be inefficient to use a bigger turbo because of turbo lag but due to wataru's no lift powershift driving style this works out for him.

>on bigger turbos you have more turbo lag, but you also get more boost

You mean more volume, psi is just a measurement of pressure, a larger turbo can deliver a higher volume of air at the same psi as a smaller turbo.

>psi is just a measurement of pressure
>never mentioned psi, mentioned boost

Boost is measured in pressure.

Actually, you're right, I'm a fucking retard, I apologize. Thank you for clarifying.

I thought OP was talking about the Evo guy because I don't remember the phrase 'boom turbo' at any point in the series. Different translation, maybe?

It was def a “boom turbo”
Used in wataru’s car

It's Wataru's turbo 86. It's in both the subbed and dubbed versions, such as youtu.be/fQYqoybli34?t=8m50s

The volume of air would stay the same as gases assume the volume of the container they're in. Pressure is the measure of the amount of gas in a specific volume. You're technically right in that bigger turbos can keep a higher volume of air at the same PSI as a smaller turbo, but your intake never changes volume, so it's not a good way of comparing them. Assuming intake volume stays the same, the larger turbo will produce a higher pressure as it's forcing more air into the same volume.

Exactly my point

Oh man. Clicked the link and ended up finishing the episode forgot how good this show is. Thank you.

Boom turbo was supposed to be journal bearing turbo.

Nice turbines have ball bearings and are coolant and oil cooled. They have a higher response level because they spin faster and smooth like.

Journal bearing boom turbo are cheaper. Usually oil cooler only. Lack quick response. Generally surge when spoiling then plateau early

One would be an hks gt series turbo $2000-4000
One would be ebay garbage
$200-500

Tldr boom turbo uses a brass journal bearing. Is an inferior design. But very cheap.

this