Veeky Forumstism Stories Thread

ITT we post our car related autism stories. Can be about you or someone you know.

I’ll start:
>be me
>mom was poor and would always try to get exact amounts at the gas pump so would keep releasing the pump every few seconds
>did this all through my childhood
>ffwd to 13
>dad comes back from job overseas
>asks me to fill up his truck
>autistically start trying to use the gas pump like a manual fucking pump, constantly releasing the trigger
>”tf are you doing, user?”
>tell him thats how mom does it
>will never unsee the dissapointment on his face

Why don't you just give the money to the person inside and tell them you want exactly that much on the pump?

So in other words your Dad screwed you and your Mum over and then tried to judge you for making ends meet? Dude, you're not autistic, your Dad was just being a dick in that situation. People who don't worry about money often judge those that do, and it's a really shite thing to do. Well off friend was telling me how "if you worry about money you've already lost" despite having several grand stashed and having 2 cars available to him and paying no bills.

As for my Veeky Forumstism:
>Recently get car to have as Summer project
>Really excited for first car
>Won't shut the fuck up about it
>Realize I'm boring people
>Can't make myself stop

I know a guy who is trying to put a diesel engine in a skyline... he has an electrical degree.

Also, I know jackshit about cars and still post on Veeky Forums

That's not how gas pumps used to work.
You used to pump your gas then go in and pay.
For some reason they still have
>FUEL THEFT IS A CRIME
decals all over the place, even at new gas stations.

>not having attendants pump your gas

Peasants

Curently pricing full restoration on what is arguably the most abused miata I have ever seen because I feel bad for it

>Letting high schoolers get anywhere near your car's delicious sex hole

You are unironically doing god's work. I wonder if there will ever be a market for factory restoring 80's-present Jap cars like there is for American and Euro cars

>fuel pump is kill
>pump is in tank and a two hour job to replace
>takes me all day cause I'm retarded
>turn key
>pump primes
>start
>doesn't fire
>no fuel at fuel rail
>no fuel at fuel filter
>have to take tank out all over again
Turns out I left the little rubber dust cap on the pump's output.

>be me
>wants another car
>buys a Cadillac
>it's a like new clean Cadillac
>it's a 98 with gasket problems
>it brakes down on the way home
>seized engine
>scraps it immediately
>gets 150 for it
>feels like I did the world a favor
Got more if u want

it makes me kek knowing this happens in America

aus just has to deal with high petrol prices, but at least we can steal it if we want. I've only seen one automated pump in my life and it was optional to use.

That's what happens when you let blacks, Mexicans and crystal meth in your country

>haven't had a seizure since my childhood
>buy a new car a few months ago
>had a seizure while driving 3 weeks ago
>run my car into a wall in a parking lot
>now I have to use those oral weed drops just to make sure it doesn't happen again

>Be breaking fucking huge rusty bolts to remove a tow hitch
>Be using ratchet with jointed extension
>Socket slips off a bolt
>Hand goes into exhaust tip
>Still hasn't healed properly
>Tfw too stupid to wear gloves

>grew up in middle class family with dad driving company cars that got serviced for every little thing, even changing the summer and winter tires
>get first car being completely inexperienced at repairs
>luckily nothing serious ever breaks, but one day a brake light goes out
>autistically try to undo the entire light fixture from the car for half the afternoon before giving up
>try again a week later, just about ready to bring it to the shop if I can't figure it out this time
>realize there's a simple piece that snaps into place that has all the bulbs on it

>16 years old
>Just got driver's license
>Just need car
>See audi B4 on Craigslist for $500
>Buy without thinking anything about it

My dad was fuming when he saw me roll up in the driveway with that car

W202?

Nah, Toyota Auris

wait what? how do the pumps work in Ausland? how can i a civilized country not have automatic pumps?

Never knew they had those

I dont understand why it isn't more common... its such an easy setup

>at stop sign
>Guy crossing street in front of me
>Decide to back up a lil bit to give him more room
>Reverse a lil fast
>Later realize if someone would have been behind me I would have totally smashed into them just to give some guy a few inches
>Still feel stupid today

We fill up and walk into the station and pay

We have abos... But in rural towns where aboriginals sniff petrol, they started using 'opal fuel' which you can't get high off.

I know hiluxes just have easy access to each bulb without needing to pull the units out, just like an inch wide plug you can pull out the back for each one

>Out for lunch with some workmates.
>Im driving, first, automatic car, used to manual shift
>Accidently put into into R instead of D
>Floor it
>Almost got hit by a truck
>Now I never have to drive when we go out for lunch anymore

Which ones?

Mine sure doesn't - I have to unscrew four screws and remove the plastic "glass", and you always have to realign the damned rubber seal as it will always fall out when you remove the glass due to it sticking

I much preferred my W202 Mercedes. Just turn around a fastener and the whole thing popped out. Five seconds, access to every single rear bulb

What the fuck is your hand on?

Because OP was being dumb. What's nice about pay at the pump is when you want to be there for the absolute minimum amount of time possible. Just swipe the card, PIN, fill up.

I wonder if Opal can be reblended for Canadian weather or if we need the volatiles. We have terrible gas abuse problems with our natives also.

Nvm, it's aromatics and not volatiles so it might work. I'm going to investigate further.

Got any more stories about it?

Can't call the huffers natives anymore they get pissed off. Besides the Australian government has to subsidise the increased production cost. I'm not spending another cent of my tax dollars on a bunch of addicts who refuse to grow up and join the 21st century but still demand 21st century currency to line their own pockets with at the expense of their own people.

You're spending your tax dollars on their healthcare anyway.

Nope they usually self medicate, use their traditional medicine or kill each other and throw the bodies in the rivers

>at an Acura dealership looking at a used, overpriced mustang
>First thing dealer tells me is they don't sell cars that have been raced or beat up
>Car does look extremely well kept, not a single scratch on it
>Pop open hood
>Look at it in silence
>Dealers already visibly awkward
>There's an aftermarket intake and a bunch of of performance chips
>The car also has huge red aftermarket brakes
>Open the trunk and there's a diagnostic device in it too
>Point all this out to him
>Tell him nobody does this stuff to their car unless they're racing it
>He clams up

Even the average buyer can take one look at those brakes and tell something is fishy. Who do they think they're fooling?

>someone I know
Howbout the neighborhood valvoline mechanic
>whenever dad needs an oil change for his truck I always offer to do it but schedules never line up and he gets impatient and goes to valvoline instead
>never had an issue, always felt bad that he’s wasting money though
>finally get to do it for him one weekend
>step one: drain the oil
>pull drain plug out
>see this

How the fuck does this even happen, are they allowed to use air tools at these places? To this day i am still dumbfounded how they can fuck up screwing in a drain plug

Sure
>Going up mountain pass
>Snow is getting deeper
>Start to see cars pulled over
>Semi trucks stuck near the top
>Confident that my awd machine will make it
>Make it to the very top
>Only person at top
>Snow is 6 inches on the road on top
>Make my descent
>Snow gets progressively deeper
>Car starts to struggle
>Get stuck for a second then unstuck
>Decide to turn around and go back
>High center the car while turning
>All 4 wheels suspended in the air
>Not a soul around to see my dumbass
>Shit.jpg

I ended up walking 4 miles to stay the night at a lodge on the other side of the mountain pass. Everybody laughed at me because the road is closed on the other side of the pass. Apparently somebody tried to flag me down at the top but I didn't see him.

It's clearly the bottom of a sink you mong

how much did you get it for lol

My thoughts exactly.

One of my co-workers went to one of those places and her truck blew it's tranny like a week later. I'm convinced it was the quick lubes fault.

I hope you're memeing, m8. The money we spend on dialysis for the old drunks and carers for the mouth breathing rama ramas is retarded.