/opgg/ - One Piece Games General

R.I.P. Storm Pirates Edition

>General Guide: READ THIS IF YOU ARE NEW FOR THE LOVE OF STORM PIRATES!
docs.google.com/document/d/1jgBAK0htg7nt_P3H0Ulw9V6XeuQHjy6rZwV-K_04Oqk/edit?usp=sharing

>Quick Links
Database: optc-db.github.io
Calender: optc-agenda.github.io/
(NEW)Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_a03TCozmtsC681ExLOfYd79CRc0XVuSoAAU3hd8Ww/
(OLD)Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KAi-2_4V2mq6E42UrVk1ktpZlfXFGK9soh_biYoNkM/
Add Yourself: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYsJghfg_Eu_IgUAcEkuALfc1-XUNAzG0a__0L4ILyat2r5g/viewform
Drops & XP: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bA2WG0RFy9Nz_NF0H3z5uXwLflKkhnAYm9k8dutOT0k/htmlview
PLVL & Stam: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eFGzsAvxwwwUJ77XLq62XZIUS_usqChQBkFw5rrS48I/edit#gid=0

EVENTS (GLOBAL)
>Jun. 28 - Jul. 05 (23:59): Double Drop Rate in Deep-Sea Aphotic Zone to Ryugu Palace, 1/2 Stamina from Fushia Village to Sabaody Archipielago Redux
>Le Crap 40 stam
>Jul 04- : Perma increase for EXP boosters
- Coliseum -
>Jun 14 - Jun 31: Zephyr(NEW) / Ain(NEW) / Binz(NEW) / Dorry / Broggy
>July 07 - July 23: Saga (NEW), Musshuru(NEW), Kid (FINALLY) and Urouge (2x Stamina, 2x Rewards
- Fortnights -
>Jun. 20 - Jul. 04 Tontatta Tribe (2x Stamina, 2x Rewards
Jun. 27 - Jul. 04 repeats:
>Hina
>Supersonic Duck Squadron
>Heart Pirates
Ambush Shanks (Jul. 05 - Jul. 09) IN COLOSSEUM
- Raids -
>Jul 02: Duval (YWB INVASION)
>Jul 06: Akainu
>Jul 09: NM Luffy

What makes Dokkan Battle so much more popular than Treasure cruise? I know it's dragon ball but still, the power creep in that should be a major deterrent for new players and Treasure Cruise is much more welcoming.

>given a second chance
>fuck it up anyway

>wake up
>no Pudding

>Bandai Namco exec 1: "20th anniversary of One Piece this year, what should we do?"
>Bandai Namco exec 2: "DUDE DRAGON BALL FIGHTING GAME LMAO"
>Bandai Namco 1: "Brilliant."

Why is this allowed?

Thank 4kids for One Piece not having a presence outside of Japan

Why are Globalcucks so jealous of the superior JP version to the point where they delete all JP events?

Dokkan Japan counts the Global Profits in their charts because DBZ is actually popular outisde of Japan. It's why they are vastly more profitable than Treasure Cruise.

Makes sense.

Reminder: 4Kids executives REFUSE to apologize for this incredibly momentous mistake.

Sadly it's either because they blame the threads being as dead as they are on JP players, OR they are upset at the fact that the JP version is seemingly the only version that matters to Bamco, since they gave up on Global getting anything like skill-up increase and guaranteed legends.

>4Kids executives REFUSE to apologize for this incredibly momentous mistake.
More like they can't even bother to remember what they did because they just don't care.

>skill-up increase and guaranteed legends.
Japan has a gacha law that demands they do this. That law isn't applied outside of Japan so they have no incentive to give us that. I started playing JP version a year ago and I'm starting to understand the text now even though I can't speak the language. Been practicing writing it though.

why is there so few people on the new friend list

It was abandoned long ago

It's probably one of the hardest languages in the world to pick up through written context, even if the Hirigana/Katakana split wasn't bad enough, there's Kanji.
Still, you end up at least memorising the symbols for things like Attack and HP.
Reminds me going blind into 300 Heroes, to date one of the best things I've ever played outta the blue. I know that's Chinese but the same logic applies, you just end up knowing what means "Critical Chance" and such

>Whenever I get myself added to a friends list we get a new one

Hourglass Pirates here.
It's kind of surprising that a small group of us have been close knit for so long, like God usopp, Bedlamites and Sanjuro.
We all seem to come and go from this general in pretty big breaks.

It's good to distance yourself from a group when they start to fling their clothes off and throw feces at each other

That I can agree with.
Though, this general is fine if propose a specific enough talking point.
They helped me a lot with raid teams when I was newer, and now and then they'll propose a unit for Colo I wouldn't think to use (Like Afro Luffy for Kid back in the day)

Done socketing my ts luffy with 35 copies.

Nice, it's an amazing time to socket Luffy.
Just had halloween, now NM, New Years and Afro.
Good thing too considering I have like five to socket.

>storm pirates shitpost thread again
Not posting in this one either
Nice deadgen fuckfaces

>the op is the storm pirates poster

really makes you think

Is this a jojo reference?

>Threads dying these past couple of days
>Even Whales are quitting for Fate and Dokkan because you actually get value for spending your money
>Dokkan is also a property of Bamco
>Bamco does nothing but sit on their asses with lame events for this game

Let Merry burn, guys.

How important is it to keep an unevolved nightmare luffy?

Not important.

The only thing he has is to be a slasher, but there's way better Int slasher in the game. Same goes for the delaying part.

Is it a good time to join Dokkan now?

>7/11 tomorrow
>forgot to save fp pulls

shit

ebin

oh shit

My buddy plays, but he was talking about how their Anni is way more interesting than anything global has had, and that stones (gems?) are easy to get.

Fate is more of a grindfest, but there is far more content and no real down time. Especially, with the 1/2 stam event. Just roll for a 5* because it has OPTC-tier rates.

Fate has almost nothing to do at the moment and the rates are horrendous. It's 1% for a five star character.

its 1% for legend in optc too bud

Does Dokkan have their version of Sugofest that you can only the rare characters from?

It's 3%.
At least in japan.

It's 3% pal. It's also 3% to get a four star in Fate.

The game is like 90% grinding for materials, if there is anything, now is the time to farm the shit out of it because of the overflow.

And there is an announcement coming tomorrow.

As for the %, Global is the same percent. Japan is only 3%.

arent 4star guarrented on a 10 roll tho ? you cant really compare them anyway since star dont mean that much in fate

I actually hope this game doesn't die for a long time, but it's looking like that's the case every time new content is released. Kai/Neo Raids are absolute garbage and bring nothing new to the table in terms of content. Just more excessively boring grinding that brings little to nothing in terms of rewards but less gems. Not to mention that bandai is SO fucking stingy with gems it's ridiculous, and the prices have been upped as well. Things are not looking very good to say the least.

Some things that can be implemented are:

>A balanced multiplayer experience
Every game needs this to keep the player base active.
>Less rehashing the same shit over and over
Shit raids and colos
>Decrease time on stamina regeneration
It's what the popular gatchas have over this game, less time to get stamina, 3 minutes should ALWAYS be the standard

Other than that. this game is really good. Great strategy, various mechanics and classed, excellent level of difficulty, great sugos. /end rant

They're not. That's only for the very first roll.

So what did you pull on last year's 7/11?
Got me some psy marco, g3, lao g, diamante, koala, hack
100+ pulls was worth it.

>As for the %, Global is the same percent. Japan is only 3%.

Have you got a source for that. Genuinely interested.

I think the game will die when they inevitably add a pvp tournament thing like on the Line version, the the world tournament in Dokkan Battle.

>As for the %, Global is the same percent. Japan is only 3%

We can see the rate in japan, so it's indeed 3%. That's also what people got from data pull.

On the other hand on global, we have no idea of the exact number, and data seems to show that it's less than 3%, close to 1.5~2%.

Forgot to add.
I'm talking about OPTC rate here, were you talking about FGO rate in your post?

From Nami to Violet

There needs to be something to keep players engaged. It doesn't have to be PvP, maybe actively cooperating in a dungeon to get extra rewards. But as it stands, rankings are complete garbage tier

That sounds good. I would just hate something that would make players compete for better rewards.

I'm trying to find the >reddit post with the guy's calculations and I'll double check the archive to see if anyone from here mentioned it.

But I remember that Global was at most, 1.5% for legends. From what I remember, the calculations were done before the 5+. patch.

Global, I should've worded that clearer.

I don't know, it seems inevitable at this point. Look at how dead these threads have gotten, compared to a couple of months ago. Whales on here and Reddit have quit the game after spending thousands. And, damn near every legend team needs another one to complete anything.

Another problem is how much content they've managed to skip, while still forcing new characters on us. It's such a huge disparity, and we have to wait even longer than JP for their skillbooks.

I mean, we still don't have chopperman missions or anything else to incite the playerbase. They clearly don't give a shit anymore. So they're trying to push as many new characters as possible to get the last remaining whales.

>I actually hope this game doesn't die for a long time, but it's looking like that's the case every time new content is released.
The biggest whale this general had, Storm Pirates, quit. Someone who spent thousands of dollars in gem purchases just walked away. If that doesn't tell you that the game is dying/dead I don't know what is. The hilarious thing is even though he/she left people can not stop shitposting or hating the person. It's bizarre.

>Swimsuit Boa & Kaola

tempted.
Seem decent too.

Swimsuit Koala sees play on some G4 teams, and I haven't see swimsuit boa used in a while. probably cause she's a great goku lead and goku is kinda just outclassed by everything at the moment.

i meant goku sub.

JewJulie, who not only spent money but also made videos and guide also quit the game. This game is dead, even if they add shit because the player-base has moved on.

I can totally see that

If Boa was released months earlier I would totally pull for her but now I never use my Sengoku to justify pulling. Still super tempted though.

I know t hat mostly it's the mobile games played here, but does anyone have that old render distance mod for OPPW3? It seems to have vanished from all the normal places.

Bump

>someone thinks this shit is funny

Any idea why they are apparently preparing on shutting down global? It can't be that unprofitable to just slowly translate a game.

Source: your ass

Do you even play the game? They are obviously downshifting their level of effort and amount of content even further relative to what we are supposed to be getting. They have given up even trying to look like they are trying, now it's just one bait-sugo after another as the only "content", to cash in as hard as they can before putting an end to global for good.

It's a total waste of time to keep playing, global won't last until the end of the year.

Then feel absolutely free to fuck off right now. You won't be missed

Have a fresh rip

Thanks for even more proof. A game on the brink of death is the only type to be this bitter in terms of community, which is to be expected after being kept disappointed and neglected for so long. You can't deny any of the points rationally because it's all true and you'd know it too if you got over that extreme denial. Of course I quit, just letting you know that you should quit too.

>global won't last until the end of the year.
This too brings back memories
God I feel old

>global won't last until the end of the year
On a related note, I genuinely/unironically feel like JP (and by extension, Global/LINE) won't last until this time next year

20 minutes for 7/11

That was a fun day. No one believed him because who would think friend points could give us RR?

The early days were the best tho, prepping for garp, then zephyr heh. That didn't turn out so well.

So I took a break for about a week, and I see global is already getting neo Mihawk? Did JPfags get BTFOed off this, or did Global cut something big in compensation like it usually does?

I remember shitting my pants when Doflamingo came to Jpn, wondering how in Kami's name we were supposed to deal with him when he came to Global

We got our Ace guys. Isn't he pretty darn good?

>no socket island to go with him

literally who cares

Yeah now I don't need to farm Apoo for freedom booster

is there ever a reason to use this Ace over colo Apoo? besides color I suppose, but even then

In situations where you really can't afford the increased damage and lowered RCV from Apoo's special

eh well fair enough, I guess you could get fucked by something like XDrake's damage when he dies

It's really just due to French anni. If that wasn't coming up, then we wouldn't have gotten him anytime sooner. Besides, the rest of the main event is pretty mediocre all around, so at least it's one decent thing. The unannounced French anni sugo still could be great though

The game has fallen down google plays list in JP as well. They have no content left after the next couple of batches-they're pretty much up to WCI. Kai raids were the only attempts that they made at adding something new and it turned out to be nothing instead. Look at the threads compared to the same time year. Shitpoating aside, we at least had an active thread. Even whales are quitting in high numbers because all Bandai has done is release sugos with content that is either too difficult or extremely fucking tedious to complete. All while being cheap on gem sales for p2ps, and having shitty events for f2ps.

Shit, global is in fucking shambles. They give us content out of order, while throwing sugo batches in hopes to maximize whatever profit they might have left in the game. Look at the "French Anniversary" that people said to wait for, it's fucking terrible compared to anything JP got, and the only defense that people have left is,

"W-well, stop comparing the two versions. We'll get everything eventually, even though Bandai never tells us anything."

It's fucking obvious at this point that the company has given up on both versions.

HOLY SHIT DO YOUR FP PULLS NOW
IT'S HAPPENING

What event is going on In jp? Skill up or super success?

Then stop playing

Skillup

THE FREE LEGEND REWARD IS NOW CONFIRMED TO BE A COOPERATIVE REWARD. EVERYONE WILL RECEIVE A FREE LEGEND PULL IF ENOUGH MARINES ARE KILLED.
YOU BETTER FUCKING SMASHING THROUGH MARINES 24/7 FUCKERS.

>Striker ship takes too many hundreds of my cola without maxing
Fuck Ace. I'm glad he died.

But the Striker ship is Aokiji's Bike.

The shooter ship is called striker

I went 3/5 on WB to finish him off and I got Doffy down to 17 turns, It cpyld have been worse

They should care. They missed out on all that potential money and practically handed over millions to Cartoon Network because they aired Naruto without a ton of stupid censorship (and at a better time too).

what do you even mean they refuse to apologize
who should they apologize to
they probably regret turning it into a fucking 6-10 year old kids cartoon when they see the money it's making in Japan, but no one is gonna get an apology

This Dokkan shilling needs to stop
The reason they give out so much gems for free and everyone thinks they get value for their money is because legends are coming out every 2 weeks practically. By the time half of the year is over, your super special blue haired goku unit you spent money to get is absolute unusable trash.

Its also brain dead easy like FGO. But if it's too hard for you and you would rather spend money instead of think...

As in they receive hate mail to this day over One Piece and to this day they refuse to acknowledge that they threw away a chance at banking hard on a shonen jump powerhouse.
It's quite literally everyone's loss, and the 4kids execs have never really owned up to that mistake or apologized in any of their responses.

>9/10 on that fucking Colo marco
>0/6 on Colo Cavendish
>1/9 on Caribou
>0/5 Kai Aokiji

Fuck my luck.
I didn't have anything to farm recently except Caribou books so I didn't farm much.
Kai Aokiji appears at the worst time for me, with FGO release, I've been mainly playing that instead of OPTC.
Well I have 0 striker lead anyway so it's not like that Aokiji will be useful, but I'm sure that with my lucl I'll get striker legend for 20th anni and I'll regret it.
I'm not sure If I should bother with him and the 2 days left for him. I can onlyfarm the free spirit one, at a good speed but i don't think it will be enough to max him.

Wasn't it actually not even their fault? I remember reading something about how 4kids only wanted Shaman King because that was gonna be the hot new ticket, and the only way they could get that is if they also took One Piece and some other stuff.

Also, 4kids still exists?

Source?

Well no but the people that ran it are still (((alive)))