Why the fuck do these exist for stock wheels?

Why the fuck do these exist for stock wheels?

Do people really steal the rims off a 2000 Honda Accord?

yes

to sell them to the other honda accord owners they stole the rims off of

it's exactly why nigs steal so many bikes regardless of how nice they are, there's always someone who's just had one stolen that immediately needs another

So that they Jews can make more money selling more keys to get them back off.

Wheel locks were a mistake. I fucking hate them, god forbid another retard who got a flat on the side of the road and tried to change their tire, and end up breaking the fucking wheel lock key. They then get their shit towed to a stealership to get it extracted since the metal from the key got stuck in the wheel lock.

>Goes to autozone and buys socket
>steals them anyway

Yes, to sell for scrap.

Hyundai seems to believe that somebody would want the color-matched wheels off the Veloster.

Like it would be hard as fuck to find the nigga rolling around with orange wheels on their non-orange car.

OEM wheels are generally worth more than rims because they are actually made of quality materials and designed to be durable not look cool.

This, a set of aluminum wheels is worth $50 in metal.
It's about 100lbs @ $0.50/lb

>implying someone in the business of stealing rims doesn't carry a set of keys
There's only security in obscurity

Kinda wish my 350z had em. Just recently had 1 bolt takes from 3 of my wheels and have no idea how or why.

OEM wheels in mint condition can be worth a decent amount - those are actually pretty hard to find sometimes since normies curb the fuck out of them all the time.

There are some OEM wheels that are particularly valuable as well - the fancier alloys from German luxury makes, for example. Many manufacturers have premium alloy upgrades for certain cars as well and these can be worth a pretty penny to certain communities of people. For example, some cars come with lightweight forged wheels from BBS - these can easily be worth $1000 in good or refinished condition. The only other way to get them is to buy from a dealer/manufacturer and it costs a fucking fortune. The BBS wheels from the Evo X MR are like $600 a pop, for example. Then there are other wheels that are just in low supply. I.E. Dudes with 2015+ Limited STI's don't often sell their BBS wheels and whenever someone does want to sell them it's for like $1000 (or close to it). If someone jacked those wheels, it's a simple matter to turn around and sell them to reseller for $500 who will then sell it on craigslist or a web forum for $800.

Also, the only ones worth getting are those with the spinning collars. All the other ones are total shit. Even the free-spinning keys aren't fool proof, but they're annoying enough that it's probably not worth their time to keep trying all 4 corners. I wouldn't use wheel locks on winter wheels either - last thing you need is for one of those fuckers to seize since you don't want to fuck shit up with a high torque impact or a cheater bar. You also have to be parking in some place SUPER ghetto if some dude is going to try and jack wheels during the goddamn winter.

Yes. Niggers literally steal anything.

There were a couple of cunts at my high school who did this.
They stole people's laptop chargers then sold them back to them.

The school must have known it was happening, but they didn't care.

>have Celica
>previous owner put locknuts on the dirty old MA60 wheels
>can't replace because special Toyota only shank type
>lose key
>have to weld bolt onto lucknut to get it off

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO ONE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR SHITTY OLD MA60 WHEELS FUCK

Obviously someone neede lug nuts, either that or friends messing with you

>Why the fuck do these exist for stock wheels?
It's not just to protect rims, but when you get those new MPSS tires, it stops casual tire theft.

>literally steal anything.
>Do people really steal the rims off a 2000 Honda Accord?
Recyclers accept metal and pay for aluminum. One night, I saw a bunch of homeless walk off a new construction site carrying a bunch of aluminum window frames. Maybe 6 or 7 homeless and each were carrying several window frames. Apparently the windows were installed, so the homeless UN-installed them out of the walls.

This. Fucking tow hook cover and mirror thief

I got a camaro with 20" rims that came with the shttiest wheel locks ever. You can literally just use a different sized socket.

It's not locking lugs on stock alloys that bothers me, it's when the dealer is so fucking Jewish that they upsell someone on wheel locks with fucking steelies and wheel covers.

>it's when the dealer is so fucking Jewish
Blame that on the incentive program the dealer gives the employees. They all advertise "we're not on commission" but that is only a technically true type of deception. At the end of the month, there is a bonus for productivity. At the end of the quarter there is another bonus for sustained productivity. At the end of 6 months there is yet another stackable bonus for sustained productivity thru the previous two quarters. And there is an annual stackable bonus. That avoids the label of "on commission" but still offers a type of reward for commission-style upselling, side-selling, and denial of services for things that don't yield a higher profit per square foot of shop space used.

This type of bonus program also encourages problem writers in the service department to discourage coverage under warranty as that yields a much lower profit per hour per square foot of shop space used. If there are lots of other customers available, then it is better and more profitable for bonus rewards to use shop space to repair cars from more profitable customers. My local chevy stealership is like that.

>Fucking tow hook cover and mirror thief
It sucks when people park near your car because it has parts they want or need. One poster last year wrote about how he was working at a store and some dindu with GF parked next to his car and started to remove trim off his car. The trim was going to be used for his GF's car which needed to have damaged trim replaced.

Niggers exist, they'll steal anything that'll sell

Dealerships charge an absolute premium for new factory wheels, so there's a huge market for affordable factory wheels.

The real joke with wheel locks however, is the fact that they are totally useless when a determined, experienced thief comes for your wheels. What a lot of them are doing nowadays, is smashing out the passenger window, popping the glove box and looking for it quickly, since most people keep it in there. If they can't find it right away, they just open the door, crawl over the seats and punch the ignition. Then they take it to some back road out in the country where they have time and more tools to remove whatever is stopping them.

>Why the fuck do these exist for stock wheels?
Probably because past new car customers and insurance companies reported statistics showing high theft rate of new wheels.

Bro all you do is get a tight socket with a large wrench, and hammer the back till it goes in. Then push it with your foot till it comes loose. A 5 min job just turned into a 15min. job, and if you put a cloth over the wrench no1 will hear you.
Source: i used to see little niglets mark cars in Astoria. Reported to the police prob. In juvee right now.

I tried that after buying a used car and not noticing it had wheel locks. It was a big disappointment. Even fancy set of the reverse-thread sockets did all of nothing.

I thought I was being clever, but I was wrong. So instead I put the model of car into the internet, looked at the picture to see that it looked the same, and $10 later Amazon mailed me something that got all four of them off in about 20 seconds that I no longer had anything good to do with beyond leaving them out with the other recyclables.

>Buy used shitbox in the winter time
>Eventually it was time to change from the winter steelies to the provided summer wheels
>I'll do brakes while it's off the ground
>Literally all of my what when I came across the single locknut at each corner
>Pounded a 12pt socket onto each one to remove the bastards
>No damage to my fapon 12pt, mangled the cheap lock nuts
>Drove around with 4/5 lug nuts for awhile before buying replacement lug nuts