Volkswagen

Is the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta a good reliable and durable car? I'm looking for a new car to buy and i've heard some good and bad things about Volkswagen. I figured I ask the fellows at Veeky Forums for some advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

newatlas.com/2018-mazda-mazda6-la/52218/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if its anything like the 2014 jetta then no

>mum has 2014 jetta
>only has 20 000km on it
>two cylinders misfiring ALREADY

fucken pathetic, post 2000 VAG is a mistake

What car do you recommend? No GM cars though,those are piece of shit.

>asking Veeky Forums about vag

boi

I'm not familiar with Veeky Forums Im usually at /pol/ /wsg/ and /adv/

Veeky Forums collectively HATES VAG and everything they do, with the only exception being Porsche.

2018 Camary
Focus ST
Accord

I work at a VW dealer so I drive these things all the time

The Jetta is the most
Boring
Soulless
Unappealing
Unfun
Unexciting
Thing you can buy

They aren't slow but not fast. The interior is meh at best. Reliability as already mentioned is eh. Literally a car only designed as an appliance. The only VW worth buying is a GTI, Those are great cars.

Just lease a new Hyundai every 2-4 years.

I'm not gonna go for a ford. Ford is a GM brand. In my opinion, all GM cars are trash. The current car i have now is a 2009 GMC Terrain. It was a preorder. At 35,000 miles the air conditioning broke. At 50,000 miles the transmission broke,luckily it was under warranty. I'm at 100,000 miles now, transmission still broken. Warranty doesn't apply anymore so it would cost $7200. I also need to replace struts.

> Ford is a GM brand
>Ford
>GM Brand

Someone help me find my sides please

>buying a new econobox
just get a civic for 3k or get something actually good for your 20-25k.

>Ford is a GM brand.

Don’t take Veeky Forumsdvice on anything vag
They’re just mad because the gti/R are faster, cheaper and nicer than the wrx/sti respectively
Plus I4 > else

Ford and GM are both trash, just get a fucking Camry like every fucking normie that treats their cars like an appliance to get from point a to b and changes the oil every 20k miles at Jiffy Lube

oops, I thought all American cars were owned by GM. Guess not.kek

>I'm looking for a new car to buy

don't buy a new car

Hyundai Genesis
Honda Accord with a V6
Toyota Avalon

GTI/R is good.
Everything else they make is shit

Sure.
I had a 2014 Jetta SE Manual. Car was boring as fuck but got me to work cozzie style with heated seats and mirrors.

My 2009 GMC Terrain is on it's last wheels. It's not under warranty anymore. Scroll up and read.

Are Mazda's good? I've heard they drive like a beauty. I would get a 2017 Mazda 6. Thoughts?

Honda Civic is still the quintessential econobox, but now it comes with a turbocharger.
Civic Si if you can swing the $7k upcharge.

Mazda 3 has the nicest interior of any car I've been in. The base engine can feel a little under-powered, but the 180hp model feels pretty good.

> It was a preorder

You never buy the first year of a new generation. Even the godly Honda is notorious for fucking up in the first years of a new generation.

10 years old is pretty old for a modern car. Usually that's when they start to need things replaced like suspension and shit. The fact that's it's built on a car chassis probably doesn't help. With GM's you either get a good one or a lemon.

Up until 2016 they had the 1.8t standard (from 2014+) and with a tune it was a monster.

I had a 2015 Sport 1.8t with the lighting package and got it APR Stage tuned. The "Sport" model has the GLI suspension, same part numbers and all.

So it was like a poor mans GLI.

I raced a GLI near Asheville NC once in it and he could NOT pull on me! we pulled to around 120-130 mph.

With a tune it WILL outrun V6 mustangs from a roll as well as pretty much any other V6 car.

293 ft/lbs will do that for you.

Honestly, its the best bang for your buck if you have to buy an "economy car". There are tunes for the 1.4t but trust me, you want the 1.8t.

great exterior, interior, they drive great too

performance wise, they are lacking which is very unfortunate

but that may change soon

Yeah, I heard they only have a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. I've also heard that the 2018 Mazda 6 will be available with a supercharger.

newatlas.com/2018-mazda-mazda6-la/52218/

>will be available with a supercharger.

Its not what you are thinking. Basically it will keep the engine out of vacuum I believe but no real boost beyond that.

According to Autoblogger.com "The Mazda6 will also be available with the turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder from the CX-9 crossover. In that application, it makes 250 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque."

Are Mazdas good cars? Looking at used s grand touring models and they seem nice, albeit lacking in power

VWs are pieces of shit. If you want a basic, quality, economical car, just buy something Japanese.

I live in germany

VWs are great

Germans love them