Is it okay to missmatch rotors front and rear?

Is it okay to missmatch rotors front and rear?
I was thinking of going for more expensive drilled and slotted ones up front, and regular vented ones in the back to save some money

Yes, but unless you're using an actual racecar on the track you don't need that stuff.

yes?
it's pretty common for cheap shitboxes to come with rear drums

Buy the cheapest rotors and replace at every brake job.

yes you can even mismatch them from left to right, if we're talking new vs machining. I wouldn't do it with different styles.

Drilled are garbage.
They crack.
Always.
Period.
Unless you plan on replacing them when you change your oil (like they do on racecars, which is what they were intended and designed for).

Drilled are shit. Do not get them. You don't need them, you don't want them.

Just get bland old ordinary rotors or pay memetax for slotted if you absolutely must be different.
It's all down to the pads, really.

>wants to save money
>wants drilled rotors

Do slotted rotors have any advantage in terms of regular / spirited driving? or are they primarily track or autox only?

Drilled and slotted is a meme. Don't bother. On a daily driver, their benefits of removing water from the rotor and improved heat dissipation are far outweighed by decreased pad life and their susceptibility to cracking. You don't need it unless the car spends more time on the track than the street and you have piles of cash to throw at it when it breaks.

Just buy decent regular rotors with the rust protective coating on the non-friction surfaces and oem or high end ceramic pads.

They're more for gas, not water.

Drilled and slotted rotors are worse than vented pretty much 100% of the time. For heat reduction, durability, and cost. Vented rotors have more surface area.

>messing with your brake bias

They are engineered that way.

Pads and lines will beat new calipers and rotors everytime.

b-b-but they look so nice

>Buy the cheapest rotors and replace at every brake job.
They could be out of balance or could warp due to even casting.

They are ment to help cool rotors faster but the uneven cooling rate makes them crack pretty fast once you have used them hard once, they don't even help with braking distance, if you want that get better pads or even better, bigger brakes.

You're thinking of vented rotors, the slots may help cooling a little but I'm fairly sure their main purpose is to vent "gasses" that build up between the pad and the rotor surface when braking hard - increasing the pad's grip on the rotor.

You right, but slotted still wears down pads fast and unless you have some serious calipers putting pressure on them I doubt the gases are worth worrying about

I won't argue with you there.

I don't think it matters if the front dont match the back. I have seen a bunch of cars like that, but if you're going to be cheap you can still get a full matching set. I bought cheapie sets on ebay for both my cars this brake job to try them out. About 5k miles on a 335i and a GTO and no problems. They don't fade as much as my oem did. No complaints by me seeing as a set of 4 rotors and 2 set of pads cost 250 bucks shipped. Mine are drilled and slotted, I don't track but I live im the hills and have quite a steep decline with lots of curves out of my neighborhood. I have had my old oem brakes smoking before, so far no smoking or fade on the new set.

Let us know when your drilled and slotted rotors catastrophically fail and you die.