What does Veeky Forums think of Warren Buffett?

What does Veeky Forums think of Warren Buffett?

He is legit insane

he is awesome

This. He is at the very least neurotic. His only source of pleasure seems to be making money for the sake of making money. He doesn't even like using it.

so he is like dagobert duck?

I have $7000 of AAPL.

He's good in my books.

How can you not admire a man who does what he loves so darn well?

I agree in many respects. I do believe he's a great philanthropist, and IIRC he said 99% of his dosh will go to charities by the time he's dead.

I find that admirable. He does what he loves to do the best just for the sake of it, and he's really one of the few hyperrich people that cares about humanity.

a living legend, mozart of investing, a god

lel.

He's rich because he's so old that he had no competition when he started.

underrated

>says buy to Seaworld
>we both haven't watched Blackfish
>buy a few shares
>stocks plummet shortly

>I buy Tesla
>he says sell
>stocks drop 25% shortly after

Fuck this guy.

>professional money manager who act with professionalism and maturity
>doesn't squander his wealth on scab-ridden whores and penis-compensating cars like some rich kid of instagram

>neurotic

Wew, lad.

>He's rich because he's so old that he had no competition when he started.

Do you honestly think M&A didn't exist back then? People have been doing what Buffett does since money was invented. He just does it better and more consistently.

He's a really good stock picker.

He was also leveraged (insurance).

Shouldn't be sticking his nose in politics though.

This. You wouldn't trust a hair dresser with a bad haircut would you? Why trust a man with your money who can't manage his own?

>He's a really good stock picker.
No he's not. He doesn't do stock picking. He does M&A. Learn the fucking difference.

somewhat this

when you have investments in much of the market, and the market goes up 20x in 35 years you do pretty well

his real secret has been using large amounts of leverage on low risk stocks, especially insurance where you effectively get double leverage

I think he is misunderstood by the population. Almost everyone knows who he is, so think about some athletes or some famous scientists you know, he is that level, but in the finance realm. He even has people who have no idea what they're doing, but will follow his every move. Does he make smart investments? Yes, does he absolutely murder the M&A game? Yes. The guy makes no sense. He is like king of the century as far as equity and power, and isn't an asshole, he actually helps.

It's not much of a secret technique to use high cash flow to price stocks to fund your growth. I think Fairfax also uses it.

perma bull liar

very smart man who invests for the long term, but then again its easy to be right when you can actually afford to change the market simply by buying shares in what you want to rise.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that's a literally retarded example because hairdressers don't cut their own fucking hair

Globalist shill

actually some of the best hair dressers have terrible hair
many of them do

I know this because my wife is a hairdresser

He's a good model to follow for the faint hearted because his strategy is simple, risk adverse (well, as much as you can be in equities), and consistently delivers acceptable results.
However it's stupid not to analyze all the great investors and learn their strategies and techniques in-side out.

Disagree with neurotic. He's legit idiot savant, textbook autismo.the dude didn't know how to turn on a stove and has lived in the same house for like 50 years. You're right on the making money for sake of making money though.

I was under the impression Buffett was anti-leverage. That's why even though he hates cash they always make sure they have ample liquidity.

Funded the Dakota access pipeline protests because the pipeline threatened his rail business.

>He's a good model to follow for the faint hearted
Know a lot of people with the capital, expertise, and resources to do public company acquisitions and horizontal mergers?

I wish you morons would wise up. Every thread is filled with morons thinking they can or cannot beat Buffett. But Buffett's not even playing the same game.

Looks like he has his surname for lunch and dinner everyday.

He does both. And M&A for an investment bank is buying all the outstanding shares of a company.

Considering M&A is done at a premium to market prices and involves additional overhead, yes that user is playing an easier game.

The actual difference is Buffett and put himself on the board and make decisions which he cannot.

>He does both.
No he doesn't, not really. Last time I looked at their 10-K, trading activity accounted for approximately 11% of BRK's revenues. Warren makes his money from his portfolio companies, not from buying and selling public shares.

Kind of a jew but seems like a nice old man. Studied him a lot. Hes kinda fucking looney but he is living the dream. Does wtf he want when he want.

Get on google and find a big graphic of all the companies berkshire hathaway owns. Get a bix and start boxing up shit they made u own.

I quit after the 4th large box and total shock.

They own the world

Pffff... asside frome every single person in the stock market.

TOPKEK IDIOCRACY

Het is Scrooge McDuck in het Engels

They own a lot of small "mom and pop" type shops like bait stores and antique shops...it's kinda weird

So here's what I don't get.
He bought some bank that was doing shady shit and made them stop. Does he do any unethical shit or is the worst thing he does using his powerful position to be uncompetitive?

Wouldn't be able to earn shit if he started again today.

He is a boomer who got a job because of his firm handshake, then invested the money he made in a bull market.

Soros is better.

A fucking liar and a hypocrite.

WAIT WHAT IS THIS S&P500 FOR THE MEGA RICH WHY IS A SINGLE SHARE WORTH 257K???

Jew who used insider info to get rich

This, the only reason he got rich is because he had the right connections and insider info.
Tbh he's only idolized by shitliberals who have no idea how financial markets work, that's why he's so famous.

class b are cheap(er)

all this cocksucker does is suck liberal cock and bash capitalism every chance he gets. Then pretends he's just a lucky humble grandpa on TV.

Perhaps he is a genius.

>Every thread is filled with morons thinking they can or cannot beat Buffett. But Buffett's not even playing the same game.
Where the fuck said "beat Buffett"? I just said he's a good model to follow "follow" being the operative word, as in existing in the shadow of. What the hell is wrong with buying shares in study business model with low-chance of disruption when it's selling for under book value?
Especially if you've got 10 years to wait.

That's the essence of what he does. It's not like he emerged out of his momma's pussy, black suite and ukulele in hand, with a million Coca Cola shares to his name.

There's literally nothing wrong with Value Investing.
>I'm not saying it's the very best form of investing, just that there's nothing wrong with it.
>btw. Charlie outperformed him in his previous firm, didn't he?

Can Veeky Forums reccommend me some warren buffet books or another good investors books?

Meh. Back-running superstar investors isn't going to be a winning strategy most of the time.

>There's literally nothing wrong with Value Investing.
I agree, value investing is fine. But this is a thread about Warren Buffett, and Berkshire Hathaway does M&A not value investing. So what the fuck are you talking about?