When will you accept the fact that all cars will be fully autonomous in the near future?

When will you accept the fact that all cars will be fully autonomous in the near future?

theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/19/self-driving-cars-in-uk-by-2021-hammond-budget-announcement

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
youtu.be/uJ1KtANIjmc
youtube.com/watch?v=sIpMixX80pQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NEVER.

Can't wait until non-self-driving cars are outlawed to prevent trucks of peace.

They have to get it to work first, and that's a long way off desu...

Teslas are already doing it with auto pilot . The only accidents that happen are the fault of the drivers. I garuntee it'll happen within the next decade.

"Near future", sure. The things they never bother mentioning about current self driving technology is how severely limited it is. It can only drive under perfect conditions and can't handle any obstruction or traffic at all. Its only response to any potential hazards is to just stop. The one that got hit in Vegas is a perfect example. The truck was backing up, and the car can't figure out how to go around it and doesn't even know how to get out of the way. It drive right up into the truck's blind spot while he was backing and then just sat there until it got hit. That's how capable self driving technology is right now. It also can't drive at all in the fog or snow, it barely works in the rain, can't work of it loses gps signal or if there's construction, and it can't deal with heavy traffic either. It's a joke how incapable they are.

not if i keep my z06 running forever

>It can only drive under perfect conditions
Weather conditions are handled far better by a computer than a stupid chimpanzee squinting to see out a windshield at night with rubber blades clearing the moisture from the glass
>and can't handle any obstruction or traffic at all
Current self driving vehicles work FAR better in traffic than on roads with no other cars

Didn't bother reading further into your post, but I'm sure it's more of the same clueless shit. Do you just make up random "knowledge" as if you know what you are talking about in everyday life, or just on the internet? Is it a weird fetish or something? I've never understood people that do this. You do know that if you do that on the internet you will eventually encounter someone that is knowledgeable on the subject, correct?

>GM
>Running forever

Maybe, but that sure as hell isn't your easily-triggered ass.

Just because it's "limited" now doesn't mean it's not going to get better very soon. Look at smartphones. Remember how shitty the first generations were? Remember how you could completly block the signal of an iPhone 4 just by holding it the wrong way? Only a decade later we have DSLR quality cameras, biometrics, waterproofing and speeds that were once inconceivable. Technology keeps moving faster every year. It will not take long at all for car manufacturers to figure out all the problems with self driving cars. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla perfected it by end of next year.

hello sir my silverado has 400k miles

>Weather conditions are handled far better by a computer than a stupid chimpanzee squinting to see out a windshield at night ?
It literally can't. This is what is the most frustrating part about you autonomous retards; you don't understand the technology behind it at all. It drives itself by using cameras to see the lines. You know what doesn't work in the rain? Cameras. It obscures its vision too much and the car can't handle it. Rain also fucks up the radar it uses to measure following distance, so not only can it not see the road, it can't see other cars either. I've got way more experience dealing with this driver assistance tech than you do. You only read the biased sensational news articles, I actually drive cars with the shit.

>valet telling me he's an expert
>"you don't understand the technology"
I ask again, you do know that if you do that on the internet you will eventually encounter someone that is knowledgeable on the subject, correct? Here's a good starting point for you-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>Do not go gentle into that good night,
>Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
>Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Except in this case, I am the one that is knowledgeable in the subject. I'm the person you keep referencing, and you are the person you should be directing your own comments to. I'm not a valet but a valet would also be a good example of a person with first hand real world experience on the subject, whereas you're the guy with no knowledge whatsoever other than sponsored advertisements masquerading as journalism. If anyone has any proof whatsoever that can prove these things working in heavy rain, heavy traffic, construction zones, snow, etc, then show me, but you can't, because those examples don't exist. I know they don't, because I've seen these cars completely breakdown in those situations.

Either of you faggots could site sources and win this epic internet fight

The problem is that while autonomous vehicles will progress to being able to handle 90-95% of possible situations, there will still need to be a human operator for edge cases that can't be anticipated by the software's designers or handled by the vehicle's sensor suite. That's more or less the situation we've already found ourselves in with planes, trains, and boats. What I'm concerned about when it comes to cars is that those situations might be sudden, and a shitty operator will be too distracted watching Harry Potter to notice that their autopilot system has fucked up. Then again, it's not like those people are paying attention in their non-autonomous cars, anyway.

Prove that you're knowledgeable or fuck off with your useless posturing.

youtu.be/uJ1KtANIjmc

>It can only drive under perfect conditions and can't handle any obstruction or traffic at all.
>Its only response to any potential hazards is to just stop
>You know what doesn't work in the rain? Cameras.
> Rain also fucks up the radar it uses to measure following distance, so not only can it not see the road
>f anyone has any proof whatsoever that can prove these things working in heavy rain, heavy traffic, construction zones, snow, etc,
Ok youtube.com/watch?v=sIpMixX80pQ

I knew you had no idea what you are talking about with your first post, but you further betrayed yourself with your response
>I actually drive cars with the shit
What actually knowledgeable person on self driving systems would use that as a qualification? None. You know nothing, for the same reason you aren't an expert on metallurgy because you own a steel car. You're only embarrassing yourself by attempting to save face at this point, you already blew it.

>tfw rural 3rd world

I will be driving a big block ford while 1st world soibois will be bound and caged

I'll be using points and a carb, thanks.

>drving ferd
>not driving a toyota ISISwagen

>everybody wants to live in the future with flying cars and robots working for them
>nobody likes the transition they're current living in

You don't even realize how you proved me right. Like for staters that's by no definition heavy rain and even in that drizzle it still had a lot of trouble seeing the lines and had to follow the car in front of it. I am a big enough man to admit it did a better job seeing the car ahead of it than what I've seen but it's not autonomous if it's not driving itself, that is to say following another car, a car driven by a human. If the car in front of it was self driving, then neither of them would be able to see the lines, and they'd require human driving. That's also one scenario out of the many I said they don't work in. Snow, fog, construction, and poor gps signal are still giant gaping holes in this poor concept.

Again it's only following the truck in front of it. The human driven truck. Man what an age of automation, autonomous cars, still driven by humans, but now you let your cars get driven by someone else.
You Tesla shills can go invest all your money into this shit if you want, it's of no concern to me whether or not you believe me, but it's a fact that self driving cars are still at least a decade away from being viable and full automation won't happen in our life times with existing technology.
Just remember, they said email was going to make letters obsolete, too.

If every car was autonomous they would all be talking to each other to know where to drive. Every car could easily track each other with GPS to know where to stay and how fast to go. Hell I'd be surprised if cameras and road lines would even be necessary at all.

>he doesn't want the future where he's had his consciousness transplanted into a sexy android

>TOYota

stop being a fucking soyboi

You know theyre gonna ban drivers and I just can't cope

Tesla's autopilot is already lagging behind the rest if the industry

Civilian GPS isn't that accurate, and losing satellite lock is still a common problem. Relying on every car to be networked with every other car is also troublesome because there are way too many ways for wireless networks to fail, and the idea of linking a car's control mechanisms to a network is frightening from an infosec perspective.

>FORD
>FOR
>D
the faggot is u

Let's do a quick recap

>can't handle any obstruction or traffic at all
>Again it's only following the truck in front of it.

So which is it? They can't handle traffic? Now all of a sudden traffic is the only reason it works? Only took 4 posts for you to completely contradict yourself. This is why you don't pretend to be an expert on the internet.

not gay if balls don't touch

the balls are the best part

>tfw no soyboi bf with shaved balls to rub with