Catalytic converter

Hey guys,
I think I clogged my catalytic converter.
Is there any way to un-clog it, or clean it? Like in the diesel engines, you can burn the stuff in the DPF. Can I do the same with catalytic converter?
TL;DR put a little bit too much oil after oil change and probably fucked up my catalytic converter.

Your fucked.

No. Do a back pressure test first to see if it's out of spec, then if it is replace it and sell the old one to a recycler for a bit of cash.

A long flat blade screwdriver works great.

just get rid of it

Problem is that getting rid of it probably won't solve the checkengine light.
Also cats are pretty expensive here, so yeah fml
I think I'll try to drain a little oil, so there won't be excess. After this I'll drive the car at high RPM, so the cat will heat up, and burn the oil in it.
Will post results

Piece of pipe and a hammer does wonders.

Im no expert, but I dont think that's gonna fix a clogged cat.

>open oil cap
>Put in air hose
>Blast on the highest setting your compressor will handle

It'll blow air through your whole system. Maybe have a bucket below your exhaust. Blast for around 30 seconds or until only air comes out the exhaust. Then turn your car on and do the same again for 2 minutes through your radiator cap.

we at BMW fuck you fucking plebs all the time when we do this. it takes like 10 minutes including clean up and we charge 3 fucking hours for a "TUNE UP"

Replace it. Do not let it get too bad. I let my catalytic converter die and it fucking exploded and blew a hole in my engine block like someone shot it with a shotgun.

the thing is, and I don't know about oil, but lets say you have a bad coil and you are dumping raw fuel into cylinder. That shit is going straight into the cat, and that cat is already hot as hell, so when that gas hits that cat it can literally melt, or blow apart that fragile shit in their, so the idea of burning it off, is counter intuitive, if you get my drift.

And what exactly is the procedure for fixing it?

The cackling witch sound of a freshly hollowed cat is truly a gift from the gods

Remove the cat and have a tuner tune the car to ignore the O2 sensor after where the cat would be.

There's no way to fix a clogged cat. Making it super hot "like a diesel" (wrong btw) will melt the element and make it worse. You need a new one or straight pipe. Literally your only two options.

A diesel has a particulate filter that the exhaust heat keeps it clean, that is not a catalytic converter.

Mine caused a small fire. Free EGR delete.

Catalytic converters are like 45 bucks on amazon/ebay. I bought one and welded it on, haven't had any issues/check engine light. If you're in California you probably need one of the more expensive ones.

You may try to gut the cat and install a "mini-cat" o2 extender. should work but I have no experience with that stuff.

This post sounds like bullshit anyway
>I overfilled a little
You would literally have to overfill by a couple quarts to make your premise even plausible, and even then I have never seen oil blowing out the tail pipe. If anything it would have an immediate effect on your PCV's ability to vent gas out the crank case. Sounds like a mis-diagnosis which is pretty common with amateurs.

I heard of electrical tape over the sensor(s) (might just be one) will stop the cel! Never done it myself. Why would this work

You fucks are so fucking retarded. Constantly thinking the cat is the problem with everything. It's essentially a passive filter on the exhaust. Tape will not cure your problem. Duuuurrr I'll go drive my car around at redline to fix it. Hey fuck face, driving the car at WOT causes it to run rich, which would make the problem worse.

REMOVE CAT