Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>No Tesla Fanbois Allowed Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of now irrelevant fossil fuel powered motors
>34 wheels worn down until they are basically racing slicks
>Sign that lease and I'll tell Elon Musk you don't believe in electricity as a viable option for powering vehicles
>CDL How Do? Private driving school or community college
>Swift: Best Coming Into A Runaway Lane At 95 MPH

>Truckerfag is still waiting on charter busses to this day
>EF's cute nerd is gonna be a fat sweaty trucker some day
>Bepis is propositioning every Skyline driver he meets in the hopes that one of those unwashed cocks will belong to Gundam
>Pity poor Oilfag, for his nose is frozen
>Doubles gets a meat on meat with meat every time he goes to Wendys
>Gundam is playing Betrayal At Krondor on a Pentium 2 running at 300 MHZ as you read this
>Primely hasn't shut his truck off in three weeks, averaging -2 mpg
>Primefag already wrecked his 2019 Cascadia
>Balam is a secret brony
>GrainGuy has his pupper running a log book for dat """""team""""" driving money

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regenerative_brake
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jFlAjqU-A
youtube.com/watch?v=giQgY-O2wBk
discord.gg/ueurHF
ttnews.com/articles/construction-begins-42-million-autonomous-vehicle-test-facility-central-florida
youtube.com/watch?v=fMctLIU1Eus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how hard are truck skools? ive drove stick cars but sucked if it was gas because i had a hard time either gassing it too much taking off or stalling but diesel pickups where easy to start in.

Is shifting an unsynchronized eaton hard to do or learn to do, id love t know how how to drive one and have a cdl even if i dont want to be a trucker

thank you

>hating on instant maximum torque with no shifting required
>implying a 30 minute charge time is a problem when everyone has to take DOT-mandated breaks anyways

I unironically love big diesels and I can still see the benefits to this thing. It's possible to love both.

I feel really sorry for anyone who has taken/ will take cdl courses recently. They're going to become so worthless so quickly and the job market will be flooded with jobless truckers with no other life skills. and all that money on classes wasted. It's gonna be beautiful.

someone will still have to babysit the payload.

Hi I'm a Tesla fanboy

>implying
This mindset espoused by techie morons never ceases to make me laugh. Ships have been running across the ocean on autopilot for decades now, and with computers getting better, you don't even have to put the ship into manual steering to do course changes anymore. But you still have guys on the bridge at all times maintaining a navigation watch. You know why? Because shit can and does go wrong. Things that the autopilot can't account for happen. You need the trained professional there to monitor the vehicle and take over in case the situation requires it, or in the case of narrow channels or city streets, to fine-tune the navigation of the vehicle much finer than the autopilot can manage. The insurance liability alone will require someone in the cab. Furthermore, it's always good to have a represenative of the owners right there to perform maintenance/sign off on repairs when required. There will still be CDL truckers in the cabs of autonomous trucks, even after they finally become widespread.

For now. But why should they have to pay the same amount they do now to people who will suddenly do much less work? Not that these things are going to need drivers in the next five to ten years once corporations get greedy enough to lobby away the need for a driver entirely. You're witnessing the last days of truckers.

Oh yeah, you need somebody there to supervise the payload during loading/unloading and to monitor it during transport, too.

don't you wish you had a union as powerful as the train crews?

>planes still have pilots
>cargo ships still have captains

Both of these require very little input these days yet people are still employed to manage them.

I like tesla but Jesus Christ the fanboys are retarded as shit.

I wish it wasn't so fucking corrupt.

the robot can't land planes in awful weather.

Will Tesla's truck make it cheaper for you guys to operate? Are you cool with a 500 mile range?

Not just captains, they have full crews. It's not just Tesla fanboys talking this shit, it's techies in general. They think any problem can be solved with a simple app and programing and WOW WHY HAS NOBODY ELSE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE.

I've seen some idiot unironically say that ship harbor pilots can be replaced with a fucking Google Maps app. No shit.

Personally I don't really care who makes the truck. Tesla, google, whomstever. That's not the point. The main difference between cargo ships and plane pilots is that the freight industry could save as much as $168 billion annually (a conservative estimate) by implementing self driving technology. It's understandable to be upset, truckers will likely stand to lose everything in this transition.

I don't think you understand: insurance is going to require someone to be in the cab of the truck regardless if they're driving or not. They're not going to let some random schlub be the emergency backup, it's going to have to be a licensed driver.

Do you think airlines and cargo companies wouldn't save money by having autonomous vehicles? These pilots and crew are paid handsomely and there's a reason for it.

I think you fail to understand that there are situations on the road that an autonomous vehicle wont know how to handle. Perhaps we will get to a point where 90% of the work is done by the truck but id bet my own money that they will never be completely unmanned.

>don't worry guys, they are going to need someone to sit in a seat and be there at least for a few years!
>still a great career!

Ah, I forgot to mention that dozens of cargo shipping companies are launching self driving cargo ships within the next few years, sorry about that :)

>autonomous vehicles are still in development, with legal status yet to be hammered out
>this means that all is lost and all truckers will be fired immediately

There's one in development. Rolls Royce is the only one trying to work on that, even if companies are watching them. I doubt it will go very far, considering how automated ships are already.

It just takes practice and it’s easy if you’re not retarded.

Doesn’t really matter if you can’t drive a manual car well because it’s quite a bit different and lots of people coming from stick shift cars have a hard time unlearning some of their habits from that.

I hate all of you guys

>literally one ship in development
>And we still don't know when it will actually hit the seas

Must be hard without a brain...

Good lord the delusion

>tfw company tried to set me up in a brand new truck but I don't feel like cleaning out mountains of ancient piss bottles and cum rags so I bitched and moaned so hard they let me stay in my old truck

and Mitsui OSK Lines, Nippon Yusen, Yara international asa, kongsberg gruppen... just to name a few from a quick google search. But hey, I'm sure they're all idiots and some random dude on Veeky Forums knows better than them.

Tesla can google deeznuts
Until than I will shit all over Elon musketfuck.
I'm glad he is dead
Cause my balls are big

lol

I'll take 5

>poor truckers are going to be replaced by a dell pc
Don't worry while long haul is going to die soon delivery drivers should be around for a while until we can get robots can do that too.

What a time to be alive lads

Does that dumbass Sugar from /p/ post here?

Confirmed for thin hot dog like cock.

>that gif

It's like when EF and user argue

>40% battery remaining

LEARN
CLUTCH
CONTROL.

Hi I'm a Tesla fanboy. How are those 5% inclined slopes treating y'all? Myself personally I don't even notice them in my long haul Tesla.

Hows that battery drain while doing it.

Truckers are rapists

Yep, you'll notice quite a bit of that if you look back through threads. He talks enough shit on something, gets BTFO by someone tired of hearing bullshit and just doesn't respond to it hoping the thread changes and people forget.

>muh robo meme

Jesus fucking Christ you can tell eurofags are awake.

How exactly is an autonomous truck going to navigate this?

DAY OF THE RAKE IS COMING

Nice OP oilfag. Is it weird I heard the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song playing in my head when I read it?

And Tesla a shit. a SHIT!

>this triggers the Canadian

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regenerative_brake

>So no one told you /tfg/ was gonna be this way

I'll be there for you user, when everything starts to fall.

>That image
Kek.

About as well as the middle easterners that have never seen snow let alone driven a tractor trailer through a whiteout blizzard of the shit.

Guise, I'm super spooked about this right now.

Are truckers going to sit around and do nothing like those retarded coal miners who think their industry will ever come back?

Capitalism and progress are brutal, you have to adapt or die.

Let's all focus on my
Best
Truck

Wasn't in the position to bring it back this round. One of us is going to have to take a hit to haul it back.

Man, these new Tesla trucks seem like the perfect choice for the hikki. You just sit around with your dual screen setup browsing Veeky Forums and jacking off while autopilot drives for you. Comfy as fuck man.

Fate whispers
And I whisper back

You look into your mirror and see this overtaking you

What do you do?
What can you do?

Class pays

i aint even mad

>front mudflaps

What is this Canada

Does that thing even run? What the fuck are you gonna do with it?

It would be cool if it had a two stroke Detroit.

So now basically no one is doing anything useful, but they still aren't free to do as they please. All the satisfaction of working is being slowly sucked out by technological advancement.

0/10

What are front mudflaps even good for?

thats a nice truck. it would be a shame if it had EGR and even worse DEF clogging the engine.
new iron has so little appeal to me

remember how good the N14 was?

Watch it.

Nobody knows.

>Bed truck being hauled
y tho

>TFW you... uh... what was I saying again?
I have a hard time remembering lately. .. I don't remwber what the sun looks like.

Its so cold. I'm so cold.

that c500 is being hauled because the idiot forgot to order the sleeper cab.

anyway the c500 with the right options is the classiest truck out there.

Oksy don't want to embarrass you but that kenworth has no engine in it yet. It's a glider

I would laugh my dick off and get on the shoulder because the only way that scrap heap is passing me is if it came loose from a double drop trailer and began careening downhill at an uncontrollable speed where it will eventually decimate some idiot in an early 2000s Buick doing 68 in the hammer lane and will be the funniest OC I've ever captured and posted on a Laotian cotton weaving forums women's rights blog

Elon Musk is gonna be stealin yer jerbs!
Mega Chargers for lyfe!

So what caused the Oil pipeline leak in SD ?
was it inferior welds?
or native american sabotage?

U r an angry man
Me and oilfag talk on kik about u

Chinese "steel"

Quality American work.

Is UPS a good company to work for when it comes to driving? I'm currently just slinging packages for them but I was considering trying to get into a delivery driver position and then save up for my CDL course. Otherwise I'll probably just hit up a trade school at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jFlAjqU-A

youtube.com/watch?v=giQgY-O2wBk

Slap that Detroit from ur Century in it

I heard that the transport gigs are great fuckin jobs if you can get on them, but you have to work your way up from the bottom of the company. Same thing I hear about Publix- it’s basically impossible to find a job posting for their Class A driving jobs because they hire people from inside the company first. Not sure if there’s any truth behind that.

Our bulk and transport jobs are like that too. There’s 50 people who already work for the company that will apply for the job and get it before they hire anybody from outside Pepsi. All of those bulk guys are going to be gone by the end of 2018 though. That sucks for them because they have such a comfy gig right now.

I'm cold.

I'm cold

I'm

>In crystal dappled white halls she dances, the fierce sharp skies of her kingdom framed by evergreen canopies.

>How permanent, my lovers kiss placed on bare skin; rose gold, royal blue and blackest night, the marks left by her embrace.

>Drawing her near, crystalline breath on the nape of my neck, I feel her warmth flooding into my core.

Spooky native indian magics, probably.

Y we no have discord channel? For reals though.

>assumes the average driver makes under 40cpm
>assumes there's no additional cost for a driverless vehicle over an occupied vehicle
Paying $140 to change a headlight bulb, or losing the entire payment for the shipment because truck didn't handle the BOL according to the ratecon's specs, or $5000 for an emergency tow because a tarp flew off another autonomous truck and wrapped around yours causing it to shut down in a traffic lane all could be avoided by a warm body on board.

It's almost as if the pipeline was built on ancient Indian burial grounds.

discord.gg/ueurHF

The problem with sensational liberal biased (((reporting))) is that these autoshills don't understand that these self driving vehicles aren't capable of actually driving themselves. They get tested in these designated lanes selected for testing specifically because they meet all the criteria necessary for the car to succeed instead of the other way around, and then they brag about how it drove from one rest area to another along western I-10, in the daytime, below the speed limit, with no interactions from other cars, and suddenly we're living in the Jetson's universe.

ttnews.com/articles/construction-begins-42-million-autonomous-vehicle-test-facility-central-florida

Figured. That's how they do their deliver drivers too.

Hi I'm a Tesla fanboy. How yall's windshields holding up against those thermal nuclear blasts? My windshield, personally, didn't even know the Apocalypse had arrived since I'm driving a Tesla Semi.

>“Imagine a world where the question is not to allow driverless vehicles on the road, but at what point to ban drivers,” said Putnam, a Republican candidate for governor.

I really like this image

>running up 294 N
>shitty doorswinger almost flips his truck negotiating an overtake with a 4 wheeler
>he stays in the third lane going 62
>I stay in the right lane going 60
>see his blinker come on as we approach the 290 exit
>ohfuckherewego.exe
>throw on my 4 ways and jump on the brakes 20 truck lengths behind him
>he jumps on his brakes and begins working over
>we're well past the double white line at this point
>he comes to a stop a truck length from the jersey barrier
>I get to a stop 2 truck lengths behind him
>he sits there close to a minute before he starts creeping into the split
>RGN driver behind me comes on the CB "take your bets on what color this nigger is"
>I bet all my blinker fluid on shitskin
>he calls me with his on raghead
>get moving again
>it's a pakistani
The travel ban wouldn't have prevented this.

No. Please forward an invite.

Don't get caught by dot without any blinker fluid in your reservoir.

Wow we have a real rich guy here
Running toll roads and such.

>Being this sassy towards /tfg/ royalty
Off with his head!

I hope you faggots are in training or school to do something else jfc. Your jobs are fucking toast in 10 years.

>takes of faster than my Benz
Tell me this is just a concept car with a gutted interior and plastic panels, right?

nope, it's a fully functional prototype. youtube.com/watch?v=fMctLIU1Eus

I don't doubt any of the specs at all, even when it comes to the capabilities of the prototypes.

The best part of all of this is that we'll get documentation and live updates of tripfags losing their livelihood and well being from the comfort of our homes. god bless tesla

>By my estimate, the Tesla Semi could out pull six standard semis
Wat.

The best part about everyone hyping it up so much is that it'll be that much more sweet when it crashes and burns, literally. The Tesla Truck is the Hillary Clinton of trucks.

Kek. >By my estimate, Hillary Clinton is six times more presidential than any standard candidate

Instant torque, m8. I don't doubt it could win a tug of war with any other semi on the road, even if six is way over the top.

>hating on new tech because of annoying fanboys
The best way to get at them is to learn the capabilities of the truck and what it can do for logistics way better than them. There is nothing a numale hates more than being undercut by someone he considers dumber than he is.

>6 normal semis
I feel this is memeworthy.

>Numales
Filthy creatures.

Indeed they are, but to ignore and disparage the potential this represents just because they think it's cool too is foolish.

But it can't do anything for logistics. It's designed fight long haul trucks but isn't viable. It's only suited for short local hauls but that's the area where it's needed the least. The only places it can actually do anything are dcs like UPS that run predominantly daycab drivers and have the space and funds to support charging facilities, but those places already have CNG which is much lower risk and cheaper to buy/maintain and they already spent a million dollars on CNG fueling stations.

I'm sure you're right. I'm going to politely withhold my opinion on them until hard testing by independent sources is released.