/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous = NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iKaHYNaO5Co
twitter.com/whitepeepsdo/status/570390134056579072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope so. Keep her moveset but give her a hellsweep out of rain dance and a ewgf out of AOP

Now that is broken.

just replace her df 1~2 with an ewgf. Don't change the input.

How do I do side step moves? Any time I attempt it I just do a regular moves in the middle of the side step instead of the actual move

Why the fuck does Ling get to have AOP on top of having one of the slimmest character model/hitboxes in the game, and why the fuck do all Ling players defend and rationalize why she has all this shit that none of the cast has in one kit that defies general game mechanics.

You just tap up or down and then hit the button while the directions neutral.

Fuck up she's been there since T3

Because it's cool and an integral part of her character since her inception

d/f2, 4, b1, d/f 1,1 dash, ff 1+2, 2

Is this a good Jack combo? I'd do b3,2,2 at the end but I cannot do the inputs properly after the d/f1,1 fast enough

Now I'm getting excited

KYOKUSHIN JIN KAZAMA

youtube.com/watch?v=iKaHYNaO5Co

>why is every character not the same? What the fuck?
Besides, in other Tekken games there were characters with similar shit. Lei, Zafina.
Hell, even Bob rolls around and Feng slinks around low to the ground

Jesus Christ Ling apologists are fucking sickening. Your character is fucking busted, she gets to do EVERYTHING.
>AOP/Hitbox
>Launchers and standing moves WHILE in AOP
>Shits out damage
>Wall pressure game emmense
>Gimmicky moveset
Disgusting

Fucking hell why cant I do these easy fucking Bryan combos. I know they're easy but I keep fucking them up

Also, I heard you can delay Bryans second knee at the wall to get more damage, but what the hell is timing on that? I either get the same damage or I don't get the second knee out in time

First for Mishima is an archetype and nobody cares about the family name

Hey guys is Law's listed combo of

>CH 3+4,4, b2,3,4 DSS 4
the best damage I can get of punishing someone with 3+4?

hit 4 before just as before the knee hits the opponent. you'll get max damage from the delay and yes, timing is quite the bitch.

I've been playing Kazuya since 5DR, but I'm thinking of switching to Devil Jin.

Will I have an easy time? Will I enjoy him more?

do it again!!

t. Kane

When's the vamp slut showing up for the rest of us?

t. TMM

Nope. You can just hold up on the D-Pad when the animation starts, and you will dodge it. That's even at Point blank range and even purposely walking into the jab.

The people getting caught by it are trying to hop kick it instead of just jumping then punishing after it whiffs.

If you are going to act like that then you don't deserve her.

5 minutes

Cool, thanks for the tip

37 minutes

What the fuck is this even supposed to convey. You shitters don't even have a true fucking response as to why Ling is allowed to be so cancerous. Is she hard to play? Maybe not as easy as Josie or some shit, but she isn't a fucking Mishima. So that's out the window.
>B-But she's an original character and has always had this stuff
I guess it's a coincidence that she's subjectively the best character in the game and objectively top 5.
Keep trying to defend your shitty ass main though. At least other gimmicky ass characters and meme characters have clear weaknesses or their mains know they're scum for playing them. You fucks think you're above it all though even though you're just as shit eating as all those Lucky Chloe Lobotomists.

>How to spot someone who just got dumped on

Scrub != bad players.
Scrub =

>ywn be this mad
Why even live?

Still no arguments to counter these facts I've been dropping on your Chinese cunt loving undesirables. Proving my point to a T.

Ok. You're right. Ling is really good. Go play Ling then. I don't know why you're complaining in the thread about it.

Repeat Lobotomy patients need not apply.

Only those worthy of her can get her.

So was Heiachi able to kill his father and wife because unlike them he knew the power of crouch dash mixups?

heihachi didn't kill his father

I don't even play Ling, it's just obvious that you got bodied by one recently

So /tekgen/ in your opinion who is the world's best player at the moment?

tyler

well the obvious answer is JDCR I guess

queen crimson

Me

King Jae

How come Heihachi looks younger than previous games?

that guy is such trash
>mfw his character guides are just him going through the move list and seeing moves for the first time

>beginner to pro

But he's /ourbruv

She's probably the nicest player i've ever met really. She could be the next Tanukana if she keeps up her progress offline

Bruv if I'm bein honest yeah i fink i gonna dominate evo with my boy gigas. Yeah gigas is a sick character man ifinkimgonn do wellinevo man yeah sick. Oh my days!

man i forgot how humiliating tekken can be when you lose to an actual retard just because you couldn't figure out his gimmick fast enough.

>got yellow on Josie and Lili
>wanna try Steve
>he has 4 stances and lots of manual stance transitions in combos
Is it worth it? I've always played simple characters like Cody and Slayer in 2d games

Don't worry. You got it next time. Tekken is hard.

Eliza on pc when? it's already been 30 days after the release.

>she

its kinda silly that they gave the mishimas d/f2's that launch on counter hit so when they fuck up an electric they still get a combo

if you mess up an electric youre much more likely to do a d2 than a df2

why are you pressing buttons into an electric?

>tfw T7 EVO will have dead crowd again because americans can't cheer for other players that aren't americans.

CEO already proved it. The best crowd you'll get for a tekken tournament is from RevMajors and that'll be the last one this year.

>wifi
>wireless controller
Am I fucked? Should I buy new shit? I feel like I'm getting launched off a +1 jab

I'm in top 6000 on the leaderboards!

why would any self respecting American cheer for some no life korean who trains everyday of his waking life to win tournies?

Wow that was fast Tyler

"she"

twitter.com/whitepeepsdo/status/570390134056579072

YEAH TYLER YEAH

KILLIN IT

HUAHH

1-3 learn Bryan
4-6 learn Heihachi
7-9 learn Leo
0 - kms

Just had a guy rage quit on me in a player match. How mad do you have to be lmao

He was only 3rd dan

did you win by spamming one move and he never adjusted?

It was actually 3-2 3-2 both matches but I had a considerable life lead in the last round and just jabbed him to death 6 times.

So, sort of? I guess.

I spam 1,d+3,4 as Jin against some players until they adjust
occasionally I get a full round from it

roll

my nigga

it's funny because it's such a shitty unsafe string too, it's not a true combo and you get launched if they block the last hit

>guy bm's after every round teabagging/etc
>he accepts the rematch
>beat his ass 3-1
>winquit
Oh how the mighty have fallen

any lars players here?

If a guy gets ko in the middle of a combo is it BM to keep it going

any bryan players here?

how do you punish a max distance deathfist? I usually ff2 but it's not very reliable

nah that's just habit or your input was already buffered, don't think anyone minds about that

but if they're on the ground and you kick or whatever that's obvious BM

Is there anyonoe who doesnt?

>tfw I always go for the stomp on a downed opponent as Drag

W-whoops

wtf is BM

I mean I don't bother because they're already dead and it's not a combo so why bother?

I don't get mad about it if someone does it cause whatever. I could equip mirror or halo if it bothered me

>but if they're on the ground and you kick or whatever that's obvious BM
lmao you sound like you got salty because you got bodied by someone who did that to you.

bad manner

>I usually ff2 but it's not very reliable

Probably the best you're going to get. Shallow deathfists are unreliable for everyone.

Although, I think the only character in the game who physically can't punish a shallow deathfist without rage is Feng.

If you read above I just don't see above. They're dead so they can't roll or punish you for it. Seems like a bad habit 2bh

i don't think lars can either.

meant for

>Trying to learn the game
>Someone memes on me
>Have to try every mechanic in the game to see what counters the meme (is it punishable on block, is there a gap i can jab through, can i side step, is it a low or mid, is it duckable)
>Cant figure this shit out in one set
>Want the revenge match for more time to figure it out
>Could not connect to opponent

Is there a way i can learn this game without a coach giving me pointers every MU, one that wont result in me having to memorize every single characters entire moveset in training mode and knowing exactly how to counter every single thing on the off chance someone decides to meme on me with a specific string his particular character has?

Because its very frustrating getting hit by mids that look like lows, lows that look mid, launchers that are safe, stuff that look like launchers that are + and so on. There is no consistancy to the rules of the game so how the fuck can i learn?

does anyone know if there's a trick to getting the rage drive to hit in asuka's sample combo 5? i either get her shoulder move or it's too slow to combo

Do pros actually know every time they backdash in anticipation, or do they just do it arbitrarily and hope that something whiffs?

It never works properly when I do it, I either get hit by f,f+ button moves or my attack just gets blocked

Give me some hot Lars tips, I want to become the Anime.

testing shit in training mode every time someone memes on you with something you don't know how to deal with
welcome to tekken

I'm personally wasting hours every day learning king because I'm completely free to him

you're supposed to go 'oh that low looked like a mid i'll remember that' then remember it, you don't need to go into training mode to remember something

start sidestepping if they love running buttons
you gotta adapt my dude

Why does it seem like Law has a confirmed sweep every time I land by his feet? Do I have to 3+4 get up or something

Am I cheating if I have all the commands I'm supposed to remember on sticky notes stuck to my monitor? It takes a lot of the tension out and it encourages me to stick with a small number of characters because I've only got so much space.