Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV9GemiW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo! mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27
The Long Road demo: gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740
Random Game of the Week | Hero's Realm
rpgmaker.net/games/9906/

/rpgmg/ Collab Project: mediafire.com/file/qtat9xy1p1215dh/CollabProj-3_5.rar
Part 5 slot OPEN

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmv-what-does-the-parameter-luk-affect.46612/
soundcloud.com/tinyghoststudios/boss-arranged
youtube.com/watch?v=pP7kapbwQ-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This thread is fucking dead, isn't it?

Yeah, that definitely works better. I might suggest not having the ramp just where the wall bends - it'll be more obvious that the floor rises if it does so against a straight background - but what you have there definitely does the job.

Yes. Both disco and Batman's parents are more alive than this thread.

A day or 2 isn't going to hurt. It happens during the summer when new generals are made and we don't have any night posters.

I was off playing video games to pay much attention to the thread. But eh, I'm kind of forced to focus on RM again.

Fucking lazy-ass slackers.

Despite 2k being the Best Edition, it does not have a proper tree coverage graphic. I had to make it myself or be stuck spamming single trees or a million events to make them overlap.

Let's talk about Silent Maid's performance issues with the latest chapter...er,scene...uh, event?

Not to give him a "hard" time about it. I'm mean, we will. But it'll be an enhancement.

i broke arch.
so much work gone
thank god for dropbox

Alright, so the same issue more or less as Latrans and BSTAnon had; Savefile issues.

The first step probably should have been to transfer the player into Chapter 4 and display "Chapter 4: blah blah blah by Silent Maid".

The only event for chapter 4 is dialogue between Arwin and Dahl. It's inferred that Arwin is the player character for this chapter. So step 2 should have been to remove/add party members.

Ok. So at this point Silent Maid just got stuck in plot. I don't blame him, trying to explain character motivations is tricky business.
Exchanging words for 3 pages is a little too blunt, but we could spread this new information out across the chapter during the course of their prison escape.

Last thread died due to an autistic furry who started 80 threads on Veeky Forums at once, he nuked every thread away.

the thread was gone most of the day. nothing was lost

Yeah, there was a >10 hour gap between the last post in the previous thread and this one being posted. We're very, very dead of late.

Based on the Custom Actors and the map named "Locker room". You can guess Silent Maid had intentions for Arwin and Colt to disguise themselves.

Although, this is a perfect chance to execute branching path choices.
I think Silent Maid was being too inflexible by having Arwin outright refuse Dahl's offer. Mainly because, Arwin doesn't have a solid reason not to. At least, not a first.

So the chapter could have begun with the choice: Join Dahl.
Accept - and be at liberty to free the others.
Refuse - and be thrown into a cell.

By refusing, Arwin would then have the choice of attempting to escape on his own or wait to be rescued.
Let's not forget that Arwin is a Geomancer. Potentially he could just Earthbend his way out.

/rpgmg/ has been around for 4+ years. 10 hours is nothing. Its disappeared for a couple days before.

More importantly, this chapter should develop Arwin's character, because up to this point he's just been a ride along.

What that development actually is, is anyone's guess. Whatever it is, it should add conflict or reveal a weakness.
Perhaps Arwin isn't the master of nature he claims to be.

God, we're dying faster and faster every time.
Is shitposting the only way a general can survive here?

How hard is it to mess with the main stats of the character? I want to change speed and luck into other thungs. Also, what does luck do? Crits? Evade? Block?

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmv-what-does-the-parameter-luk-affect.46612/

>Chance (%) = 100 + (user's luck - target's luck) ÷ 10

Changing what the stats do isn't that hard, but you'll need to be very careful to not leave any funcion broken while you are doing that. Try opening the files in the JS folder and searching for LUK. That will show you all the formulas you need to change.

Oh, this is late, but
What the fuck? That's some serious improvement. What happened?

never done any of the rpgmakers, is the latest one any good?

Easy/hard depending on what you want to do. I happen to be balls deep into using custom parameters, but not necessarily with the default battle system.

>crit, evade
Game_Action has a few functions that show exactly how those calculations are done.

itemCri() has the crit rate formula
>this.subject().cri * (1 - target.cev)
which is essentially user.crit * (1 - target.critevade)

itemHit()
>this.item().successRate * 0.01 * this.subject().hit
action's success rate * user.hitrate

and evade is just simply target.evade if you look inside itemEva().

What stats/formulas are you interested in making/changing?

Loading times are annoying and sometimes cause lag, the RTP it comes with is kinda shitty. Other than that, it is the best.

Or if you mean the ·3DS one, then I dunno.

Am I autistic? I was trying to find the best way to get the average between two numbers.

My immediate, and only thought: Find the difference between the two. This'll give the possible range between the two. Now divide that by two, so that you'll have the distance to the center of that range. And to account for the bottom end, Add the value of the lower number.
>(B-A)/2 + A

Or, you know.. When I went to Google a good implementation of this, there was the fucking obvious, elementary school approach:
>A+B / 2

What could be a good name for the Healing Spell that targets all your allies?
Right now I am using HeAll, but it seems dumb.

Depends on what the rest of your spslls are called. If they're the usual Fire/Ice/Thunder of the early FF, then your name is okay. But if it has some long abstract name, then it needs to go with the flow.

Easier to modify than VX at least.

Just heal all

If I were to compare the attack names to those of another game, I would compare them to Pokemon. Most have a Element-related word like Blaze, Fire, Flare, Lava, Heat) and an action/object describing the attack like Strike, Crash, Ball, Stream, Wave, etc.

Progress. This is what I have so far for my first dungeon. Man is this ever time consuming.

2k's RTP is so nice.
What happened to the rest?

Oh, I wasn't the guy who made the original sprite. I just thought she was cute and did that.

The boxiness of the rooms reminds me of a Zelda dungeon.
What's the gimmick? I'm assuming you smash those rocks with a pickaxe or something?

It's very... squarish. Can't you make it into a more natural shape?

Its a mineshaft. Those are usually tunnel like. And also, this game is inspired by the old school GB zelda games. But dont worry the whole map isnt gonna be one big square I don't think. And this is the only dungeon that will be like this basically.

soundcloud.com/tinyghoststudios/boss-arranged

rock and roll

That's good! It's inspired by the old zelda gb games. And the key item in this one is kinda like the power bracelets, but you punch the rocks and they explode. And you can push other rocks around like the regular bracelets.

Are you going to make healing part of another element or its own thing? If the former, you can just do Light Ball or similar. If the latter and healing is it own element, it can be something like Refresh Field or Restore Circle, maybe.

Anyone else listen to music in the background while doin dev stuff? If so, what kind of music do you listen to? Here's mine: youtube.com/watch?v=pP7kapbwQ-Y

The rest of what?

Every RTP since.
Actually XP's is okay.

Alright fellows, opinion time. Let's say a game has an optional NPC. Let's also say that this game features a section of the finale where said NPC might come to the player's aid depending on things. The original plan was that they either stay behind to stall a threat or skip a puzzle, but that runs into a rather major problem: They're supposed to be helping the player, not cheating them out of a boss fight or gameplay they would otherwise get to do. I see a few potential solutions, but would like some additional input.

>the NPC skips the boss (would prefer not to do this)
>the NPC fights the boss 1v1, changing up gameplay slightly but the player still gets the fight
>the player fights the boss with NPC assistance (while the best option game-wise, it's supposed to be a "there's no time, I'll handle this" moment story-wise)
>instead of a boss, it's an annoying puzzle that the NPC skips
>the NPC does the puzzle but it's made easier by their abilities

How would you deal with something like this?

That's not what a NPC is.

It was originally conceived as a Non-Player Character and I'm now considering giving the player control over it, but have yet to fully decide.

Do you read fantasy novels?

NPC 1v1's the boss.

I would consider Healing it its own element for the most part. There are some water and nature spells that heal, but I named those without issue.

I like the ideas of Circle and Field. I think that works nicely.

Not so much anymore, but used to read some Jim Butcher and Terry Pratchet. Only Tolkien I've actually read is The Hobbit and the first LotR book; never finished The Two Towers. Any particular reason?

Live

How's FES so far? For me it seems like map making is going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Stop dying damn it.

In Fantasy novels you'll have these chapters that switch to (nobody important) and their deadly encounter with something in the forest. They die and the book goes back to the main character who is now entering the same forest.
The point of changing perspective was to establish a sense of danger.

What purpose is there in changing the player character to an NPC?

Stop trying to make FES happen.
It's not going to happen.

>Stop trying to make FES happen.
What?

I'd probably just make the NPC 1v1 the threat, give control to the player and making it the objective to survive the encounter for x turns until the hero ends his stuff and comes back to help.

Stop dying!

The purpose is to give a sense of support and/or camaraderie from the people you helped earlier in the game coming back to return the favor. The main idea behind the event being that if you help a few people, they'll show up in the finale to support you in some way, while if you don't you'll be going it alone.

Others would be providing support via items, healing, or boosts, but the one I'm actually concerned about is the one that I originally planned to have a more significant gameplay effect. Thus the question as to how one might let an NPC handle, say, a General so the hero can go after the Big Bad himself, while not cheating the player out of getting to fight the General. I think I will go with letting the player control the other character for a 1v1, though. Just have to make sure it doesn't shake up the normal gameplay too much.

Page 10 is back with a vengeance. Post the party you'll use to defeat it!

I'll use two pirates

!!!

I feel like I overreached in my game's scope a little and need to cut down on the number of skills by about 33%. What would be the best process to do so?

This is Sewious!

FES dlc is out but I can't get it to download

This is the team in my current game. They are out of costume, though.

Which one?

lol wtf

Nen Master because she actually has an ass.
Summoner depresses me.

I really want to say Grappler or Elementalist, but there's something about Mechanic's ass that I can't ignore.

Ranger. Seems kinky.

Grappler and nen master looks the most juicy

So what's everyone working on? I took a break and am gonna go back to map making.

Art

This place seems deader than usual.

Heal Circle
Medica
Mending Field
Sanctuary
Respite

>the NPC fights the boss 1v1
this is nice

ded.

Everyone is just working really hard

Seems about normal desu

I think the 1v1 is the best idea as well. But maybe have the npc bail out when the boss gets to 50% hp or something, so the player feels like he has an impact.

>FES dlc is out
fucking finally.

Work on your game

bump

Is that fucking tomacco?

just woke up

So, to anyone who decided to buy RPG Maker Fes... how is it? From what I hear, you can't make your own assets from scratch, and there's no plugin support, so you're literally just stuck with whatever they give you.

Is that correct and is it as bad as that sounds?

apparently theres not even conditional branches.
It's trash.

What a fucking nightmare. They couldn't even make a separate program to make assets for Fes with, like they did with the old PS1 RPG Maker?

That's bullshit.

This semen demon is the next boss your group encounters.
She has little interest in fighting and could be pacified by different means.
How does your group handle her?

Just stumbled upon this thread. I was a huge RPG Maker fan back in my days. The program accompanied me throughout my youth which was largely awful. I even managed to make some actual games, and one of them got on the CD of an edition of a now-abolished gaming magazine in my country. It was probably my greatest personal achievement at that point in my life.

Man, RPG-Maker. Those were the days. I've got the 2003 on steam. Paid for it a year ago or so just for the heck of it. Seeing this thread now I'm kinda itching to get back into making a VIDEO GAME but the scope would be so big, I'd likely fail. I never finished my last project because I wanted to make everything from scratch. I knew the engine by heart to the point where I could realize any mechanic I wanted. I even dabbled into composing video game music which worked out well enough for my purposes.
But I could never got around the graphics. I really tried getting into pixel art but I'm just so horribly untalented. I poured at least onehundred hours into learning how to make tilesets. Shading and all that shit. But it's just impossible. I can make sprites and animations reasonably quickly and well but tilesets are just fucking black magic for me. And if I were to make a game again, I'd have to make everything myself. Can't let anyone else do the work for my game, you know? My baby.

But maybe I'll try again. Has been a while since my last attempt. Is this thread a regular thing on Veeky Forums? thanks for reading for my blog

Threads are pretty slow but they're always around

can you export to kongregate using rpg maker?

is there any random map generator besides the sanshiro one? that one is bare bones as fuck

>generating maps
do it properly or dont do it at all.

IIRC Kongregate is Flash-only. MV uses a barebones version of Chrome as its backend, which gives it phone support.

Call her mother.

Pyxel Edit, my dude. It's the best thing and allowed me to even make custom assets for my game. The whole tiling system is great for making tiles and autotiles.

Butler fixes her a three-course meal and keeps both the heroine and princess away from the succubus

its for creating dungeons that are different every time you enter them

Procedural generation of maps? That's something I've been thinking of looking into as well; no idea how I'd pull it off yet, though. Maybe look at some of the ones used for Roguelikes?

ok thats acceptable