Final Fantasy General DCXLV - /ffg/

Zodiac Age is out bitches Edition

>General info on Final Fantasy games
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
KING’S KNIGHT announced for Mobile & MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV for PSVR
Episode Ignis Trailer: youtu.be/_sRPZzWeric
Brotherhood episodes: pastebin.com/Q7Efb9F2

>FF XI
July update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52835
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FF XIV
Stormblood Trailer
youtu.be/Acf6lPBNXOU

>DFF NT
youtu.be/bUkhDTVAOko

>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit#gid=1211382974
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11vnPui7vWmEcky7XK5XFMf6TWCIDWIOBJykStFwR5KE
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/XxJuYdTE

>Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
How to JP: pastebin.com/91MEQ6wW
GL FAQ: pastebin.com/c43qGvi6
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10

>MOBIUS Final Fantasy
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/nGC6BJ84

>Other game information
pastebin.com/xMVaH4Hv

Previous:

Uwah! Lightning-sama's eating for...zero?

cidney!

Freya-sama a cute!

Dang, only got 1 gold (king) from the dailies...what a bad luck

So we'll probably get more info on events tomorrow for BE. They keep moving the damned carrot

Final Fantasy Tictacs is not a good game

Well, is not a good bait

it's a great game.

Is that the game where you stab each other just a little bit less?

True. Advance was good though.

Tictacstoe and its spin-off are never a good game.

I don't remember Lightning having such chunky thighs.

You should know this considering how convinced you are that FFXIV has nothing original in it. The short of it is
>long ago a chick called Shiva fucks a dragon
>this brings about a peace between the nation of Ishgard and the dragons
>dragon eyes are a near-infinite source of power so the king Thordan decides to kill one of the dragons to take their eyes
>Nidhogg who also loses his eyes in the conflict decides to get revenge by fucking with Ishgardians for as long as he lives (which for dragons is a very long time)
>in the following generations the truth is obscured by Thordan's descendants and Ishgardians are indoctrinated through religion to continue the war
>Ysayle who through the Echo discovers the truth becomes convinced she's lady Shiva reincarnated and forms a cult to fight the Holy See
>the warrior of light gets involved, kills Thordan (descendant of the original Thordan) so the truth can be exposed
>Nidhogg just wants Ishgardians to suffer so you kill him too

>all this to force a knights of the round reference
ducking pwnd...

Please don't bring old thread discussion into the new thread. It's just common courtesy.

That just feels like some shoehorned in excuse just to get KOTR.

At least FFXV has KOTR as a central part of the lore and connection to Noctis's heritage.

So I just started playing Zodiac Age having never played XII before. This is first impressions from pressing new game to the very first save point you get to.

This game has the Star Wars prequels as a big influence at it's core. From that opening cinematic yes, but also in that the controls and combat seem taken almost exactly from Knights of the Old Republic. Not necessarily saying that's bad, just making an observation.

Although I do understand this is a PS2 era game, all the animations feel *extremely* stiff, especially coming off the last FF game I had been playing, XV. Not exactly the most fair comparison, I know, but I feel like just a tad more effort could have been made. I am hoping that things improve a bit as I get new attacks and characters though.

>At least FFXV has KOTR as a central part of the lore
Almost like how King Thordan is a central part of Ishgard's lore.

>Almost like how King Thordan is a central part of Ishgard's lore.
And what does this have to do with the player characters?

It really, really is not. Your "feeling" is based only in your bias. That Thordan and his twelve knights reference KotR is a matter of convenience and wankery. KotR doesn't even have anything to reference, it's literally just a nod to Arthurian legend. It could've been Thordan alone and it still would've been a great story. The twelve knights were literally superfluous.

What did he mean by this

>This game has the Star Wars prequels as a big influence at it's core.

Congrats, this is the obligatory line in nearly every critical review of the game. Give yourself a round of applause.

Hopefully you enjoy it though. It has some cool parts towards the end, though the "offline MMO" moniker is totally accurate.

I'm asking what connection does the player character have to that story element in 14? if any?

Noctis has a familial heritage to KOTR in XV, he goes around collecting their weapons and the descriptions of the weapons give insight into what that ruler was like, and some of them even reflect the state of mind or the situation Noctis is in when he gets them.

>decade old web "comics"
I'm snoozing here grandpa LOL

Well, Thordan I's descendant, Thordan VII, is an opponent and general dickbag who risks destroying the world by becoming a primal king who would "protect the world" with his tremendous power, completely ignoring the key point that primals slowly kill Hydaelyn just by existing and thus they cannot be permitted to exist.
And the actions of Thordan I lead to the Dragonsong War which the player character gets involved in and has to resolve because otherwise Nidhogg would just keep killing and tormenting thousands of innocents simply because his revenge will never, ever be complete.

>get new attacks
Oh... poor user...

So basically you are a random faceless mook in a war that has nothing to do with you personally.

This series was so much funnier in Flash form. As a comic, it's boring. Imagine Aqua Teen Hunger Force as a comic strip. It just doesn't work.

I wish someone'd come along and animate the rest of the series with a similar voice cast.

You're only there as a scion, which means your main duty is to kill primals anywhere they appear. That is about all the role the Warrior of Light truly serves. Eikon-slayer is their job, eikon-slayer is their life.
(You) are barely a character, who are only interested in the general safety of Eorzea, and collecting fancy hats.

That takes me back.

Why the fuck should the lore revolve around the player character? Though the player character is the one who ultimately ends up resolving most issues, the world does not literally revolve around them nor should it. The main character is a blank slate: that's how mmos generally work.
No, you're a by then legendary badass who seeks refuge in Ishgard because you've been framed for murder and you get involved as a favor for the people who took you in. It also eventually becomes clear that Ascians (who are already established antagonists you've confronted numerous times) and primal summoning is involved and Thordan's men kill the guy who's the whole reason you were accepted into Ishgard in the first place, there's plenty of personal reason for the warrior of light to keep fighting the war.

I do like fancy hats

I honestly cannot get invested in a game where the MC is a nobody who has nothing to do with anything and the events of the story could happen with or without them even being there.

Because why else should you care? MMOs are shit exactly because nothing feels important because the player character is a literally who self insert. That's why single player games are superior and I can never take anyone who says FF14 has a good story seriously.

And you say you, yet everyone who plays the MMO is supposedly having this same exact story happen to them, which means it's not you, it's everyone.

>It's just common courtesy.
Are you fucking austistic?

B-b-but the game says I'm special!

So let me get this straight:
The fact that XIV is crammed with shameless references on a level far beyond the rest of the series is somehow not a real thing because it also has some completely unrelated lore?

>If you time it correctly you can have Zar's berserk buff affect a physical skill
>It also stacks with other buffs since berserk is a status
Interesting

Yeah, in theory it allows for some insane finishers. Hard to use though.

>and the events of the story could happen with or without them even being there.
Well that's just not true, (You) are a serious heavy lifter as (You) are pretty much the only one who can fight primals on even ground. Everyone else, when they get near a primal, risks being "Tempered" and being made into a slave of the primal. Only people with the Echo are immune to this effect, and of people with the Echo, only (You), Minfilia, and Krile are on the Scion's side. And Minfilia is not a fighter, Krile is a healer, and both combined would still be far, far weaker than (You).
When a primal suddenly appears in Stormblood, the scions basically scream like girls and double back and command (You) to go deal with it.
The story absolutely requires (You) to be there, but mostly you just follow along and nod stoically now and then. And collect every hat in the land.

>play FFX
>defeat braska's final aeon and stop sin for good
>next day friend says he did the same thing in his game
Wtf?? That was MY story

You didn't defeat Braska's Final Aeon, Tidus did.

Idiot I played tidus on my PlayStation 2 -_-

In 10 you are playing as Tidus following a linear narrative about him, Tidus is the one who did that, not you, you are just playing as him.

In MMO land you are playing as Chadmcthunderdick or fagbuttface or xXxSephirothxXx who is either a midget or some fag cat or some buff guy in a dumb hat and he doesn't do or say shit and you got nothing to do with anything.

So then what about the other hundred of thousands of (You)s who are playing it doing the same story yet it's a different chucklefuck in each story yet it's still a shared world where chadmcthunderdick and fagbuttface both did the same thing in the story where they did the thing, yet the story dictates only one person did that thing according to what you just said.

What makes the story interesting is finding out more about the world and the lore as well as the NPCs who are actual characters. I don't see people shitting on games like Chrono Trigger because Crono is just some silent faggot who isn't really relevant, and that's because Crono is just a vessel for the player to experience the story.
No, but FFXIV literally only being references: the game is bullshit when there's demonstrably plenty of original lore in the game and most references are inconsequential dungeon bosses and shit.

You play as Tidus. Other people also play as Tidus. It's the same story for everyone, however.

XIV died with Gaius desu

So just like in XIV you play as the warrior of light, other people also play as the warrior of light and it's the same story for everyone?

>So then what about the other hundred of thousands of (You)s who are playing it doing the same story yet it's a different chucklefuck in each story yet it's still a shared world where chadmcthunderdick and fagbuttface both did the same thing in the story where they did the thing, yet the story dictates only one person did that thing according to what you just said.
Canonically, (You) have precisely 7 friends who also have the Echo, but they are not involved with the Scions, and only arrive when you call upon them to aid you. The rest of the adventurers around are not intended to have the Echo, and are just part of Eorzea's tremendous adventurer population.

I wanna fuck this bitch

Canonically, only you are the warrior of light. The other guys are just adventurers who have the echo.

A silent protag in a single player game is different because Crono is still the main dude doing the things and storybeats revolve around him and his friends.

You aren't supersonicshadowvegeta420 in Chrono Trigger, you are Crono, even if you name him buttz or dicks that's his journey. An MMO which is supposed to be a shared world has you encounter all these people who are playing the game yet they all experience the same story where they are the one who did the thing the same as you where you are the one who did the thing, but you both exist within the same world somehow.

No, because the game makes a point of showcasing how many other people are playing at the same time. It's a massively multiplayer game. They can't all be playing as the same person.

Timing is what macros are all about

In MMO everyone is somehow supposed to be "the dude" that did the thing, yet they all somehow exist within the same world too.

In a single player game you are following that linear narrative so it's always you who did the thing regardless because you controlled that.

But in an MMO say you did the thing, but then you see bigbooty57 logged on and they said they just did the thing, then who did the thing if both you somehow did yet you both exist within the same world?

No, only you did those things. From your perspective other players are just random adventurers.

People don't call XIV references: the game because it doesn't have any original lore.
They call it that because, in addition to its original lore, it has 500 million needless and stiff copies of other games' content.

Having original content doesn't make the ripoff content any less shameless.

So if I play the same game on a private server with only me playing is it passable?

Can't we just say time is convoluted an leave it at that

Yet they also did the things.

Not canonically.

So it's just one massive inconsistency and a reason why MMOs have shit stories and worlds, no matter how much pretty lore they try to shove in it to distract from that.

excluding FFXI

I'm not sure you being unable to accept multiple people playing a story on an online server means the story is shit

If you're autistic and can't separate the narrative from the gameplay I guess. What you're doing is pretty much on the same level as crying about how dumb it is that Cloud decided to spend 20 hours racing chocobos while the world is in imminent danger.

She probably has fleas

> 6* Camille can perfectly chain with Tidus and enchanted Aileen

People give XI a lot of shit but at least it was courageous enough to stay within its own lore. XIV trots out some "hey guys remember this??" reference every 20 minutes, it's insufferable

There's no inconsistency. This is like gamesharking Aerith into disc 2 of FFVII and wondering about the inconsistency of everyone saying she's dead when she's right there.
Simply put, that's not canon. It's not acknowledged because it is not a real circumstance as far as the game is concerned.
As far as the game is concerned, only (You) are the Warrior of Light. Sephirothsfuckboy99 is just an adventurer. If he tells you he is the warrior of light, it is outside the scope of the game, and is a player to player interaction, something that cannot be acknowledged by canon.

Of course, it's the older and less popular one so it's fine there but not here.

wow all this literally just for a FFVII/IX references. what a shit game!

I don't know if this is confirming or denying what I'm saying but sure cool

Pop a flea collar on her.

Come back for BE discussion in a few hours. Right now we're making fun of XIVcucks.

>There are people that unironically play the mmos
Literally worse than RKmanlets

>Daily
>Rakshasa

>Daily
>Fourth Garland in a row

> daily
> rikku

Haunt me no longer you filthy al bhed!

>Slowly getting closer to that 6 boost mark so i can modify my weapon
I'm dying with curiosity as to what this does.

Check BE

no

Fuck you, BE is shit and you are all fucking dumbasses for playing it.

Very rude

sweettttt

When is the realm lucky draw?

Fuck this guy.

Deal with it, fag.

never

He has some critical weakness I remember. Oh right, I think he's weak to his own Gravity spells. Just draw-use them and crush him under your heel.

>Duration 5:00 PM 7/11 PST (1:00 AM 7/12 UTC) to 4:59 PM 7/21 PST (12:59 AM 7/22 UTC)

Anyone else get a Support cryst set just now? I guess they're compensating the people who missed it, like me.

Thanks Gumi.

>Demi on Selphie
>AA
>Selphie down
Fine, I brought some Pheonix Downs.
>Selphie goes up to 78hp (~15%)
>AA
>Selphie goes down